News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

One-on-One: Hunter Phoenix and Sophidian

Started by Sophidian, August 12, 2010, 05:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophidian

Shie stood, both hands on the unbound part of his chest now. "You cannot make weapons if you cannot stand. There's nothing you can do if your body rejects such actions." Fisting her hand against his chest, she nudged it against him, wanting to hit him. "You will have to wait or you will have to teach someone else."

Picking up the plate again, she retook her seat and frowned. "So, we have to either believe that Hirana was summoning them, or another town in their crossfire. If that bag was there, chances are the mage was traveling. Could he have been the only one?"
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded

"I have the feeling we are talking about a single mage here, but a powerful one, extremely powerful, normally it take two or three mages to summon demons, so this one knows what they are doing and to make sure they weren't slaughtered when the first summoning happened, it is likely that they struck a deal with the demons, making sure they could work for the demons without been killed when they had outlived their usefulness"

Lièrén then had a sudden thought

"What if I taught you how to fight with a sword, like really fight with a sword, not just swing it and hope, but fully use one like it is an extention of your arm and then from that, you could teach the other villagers"
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sophidian

Shie raised a brow while thinking about it. "I'm not sure I could handle one of those." She motioned toward his sword which sat in the corner. "I'm not clumsy, but I'm far from graceful. I can't even use the scythe right to collect the grains."

After he finished his food, she took it from him, almost mechanically, and rose. "I... I'm sure I could teach them if I knew, but..."

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled as she said she wasn't very graceful

"It does take practice, and once my ribs have healed, I will help you out by making a sword that is slightly shorter for you to use, it will be lighter and easier to wield, I can already picture it in my head, then we can do sword training together"

He smiled to her and leaned back onto his pillow

"I just hope we don't get any more demons coming while I'm in this state, I will fight them if need be, I won't just sit back and let anyone get hurt, but it would be good if we managed to get a break for a while, we need to sort out some sort of defence"

Sophidian

"I'm hoping we don't. I can manage on my own for the moment but..." Shie shook her head. "I'm hoping that mage, or at least one of the people with him, was killed in that fire and we happened to get his bag. Maybe he can't summon without his materials."

She picked the bag up and looped it over her shoulder. "I'll read some myself while I serve guests. Is there anything else you need?"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén shook his head

"I am fine now thank you, thank you for the food, it was wonderful, I will try to get up later on after I have rested a little bit more, I will go insane if I am to be in bed all the time"

Sophidian

"Then perhaps you shouldn't have been so reckless." She shook her head, picking out a thin leather book from the bag. "Foolish men should be resigned to their beds. They're only good when resting." Wagging a finger at him, she opened a book and began to read as she left.

Pausing in his door, she turned to him. "You know, I'm obviously stronger with earth types. It's rather... coincidental that these demons are all fire."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded

"Indeed it is, but we shall manage, with the way you handle yourself and your powers, it doesn't matter if they are fire, they will have trouble when fighting you, just believe in yourself and you will be ok"

He laughed at her comment

"It seemed like a good idea at the time, it kept you safe and let you get away, even though I am injured, your safety came first"

Sophidian

"I was safe. I could have handled it." She smiled a bit, only the corner of her mouth, before shaking her head to banish it.

"I'll take the sword when you're able to make it and I'll learn how to use it. Until then, I'll keep an eye out. You heal."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded again and pointed to his sword

"Take my sword with you as well, for extra protection, I know it is only a standard sword with no magical properties, but it belonged to my father and won't let you down, the blade has always been sharp and there is no rust on it at all"

He loved that sword, it had been his ever since his father had died and he didn't want to part with it, but he felt like it would serve Shie better than it would serve him for the time being.

Sophidian

Shie turned to the sword and picked it up by the handle, feeling her arms shake with the weight. She gave it a heft, gasping at how heavy it was. It took a moment to find her center of balance, but once she did, it became a bit easier.

"Are you sure? I can leave it beside your bed in case something attacks you." She strapped it over her shoulder, binding it tightly there for the moment.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled tightly and nodded

"I have this other sword I can use in the mean time, that one is a little heavy at first but it'll soon feel like it doesn't weigh a thing once you get used to it, please, take it with you, it isn't likely that something will get this far to attack me"

He shifted slightly to make himself a little more comfortable.

"If you practice with the heavier sword, then it builds up muscles quicker and then once you can successfully use the heavy sword without struggling, you can use any sword that you pick up"

Sophidian

"I see," Shie said, giving him a nod. "I only hope I can do better than I think I will. Otherwise... I may be fighting with one arm."

She moved to the door once more before pausing. "Shall I bring you up some liquor? It should ease the pain... Oh! The gauze! That's what I'm supposed to be doing."

Putting the plate down once more, she came back over to him and motioned for him to sit up a bit.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén laughed a little

"Don't worry, you'll do just fine, it takes time, but I have faith in you, as do the people of the village"

He sat up straight and raised his arms so that Shie could do what she needed to do.

Sophidian

She placed everything on the floor but the gauze, slowly leaning forward. She unwraps his bindings inching by inch, in a near hug with him as she reached around him. Having him that close made her blush, her heart beating twice as fast.

"I'm sorry if this makes you...uncomfortable."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled a little as she blushed

"Don't worry about it, I'm ok as long as you are, I would do this myself if I could, you seem a little uncomfortable yourself"

Sophidian

"You wouldn't be able to stretch your arms around to your back with your ribs like that." Shie shook her head and tossed the soiled gauze aside, bringing up the fresh gauze. Holding the splint in place, her fingers on his surprisingly soft skin, she began to wrap him again.

She didn't think her face could get any redder.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

"This is most true, I appreciate all of this, taking care of me, I think if this new one is packed really tightly to hold my ribs in place, I should be good to get up and walk around if I take it easy"

He wanted to just get out of bed and be able to walk around already, he hated sitting around and doing nothing while everyone else bustled about.

"I won't be any trouble and I won't get in your way, I promise"

Sophidian

"You don't get in the way. I wouldn't worry about being trouble either." She tightened her wrappings, hoping he could still breathe through them by the time she finished. Shie pulled away, patting her cheeks once as she kept her back to him.

"I'd prefer that you give it another day in bed, at least. If you keep your ribs broken, you could severely hurt yourself. And then it will help none of us."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

"Thats good and packed up, thank you, I will stay in bed for today if it pleases you, but only today, tomorrow I will get up even if it kills me"

Then he smiled

"You look cute when you blush you know"

He knew some gentle flirting was probably stupid, but he said it anyway, they were gettling along, and she did honestly look cute when she blushed as well.

He picked up the book from beside the bed and opened it where he had finished the night before.

"I hope you have a good day Shie"

He then began to read.

Sophidian

All thoughts of yelling at him for saying he'd get up fled her mind as he called her cute. She stuttered out a few words and turned, retreating downstairs. Once she got there, she laid his sword on the table and stared it it for a long moment before shaking her head and picking up the book. Soon, she's absorbed in the pages, ignorant to the sound of tiny footsteps upstairs...

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén was reading when he heard the sound of footsteps on the floor of the hallway, he thought Shie had come back again to talk to him about something, but then he listened again and it was much to light to be a human.

"Gods protect me"

He muttered to himself and then painfully got out of bed and grabbed the sword he had gotten from the town and held it tightly in his hand. He stood deadly silent, ignoring the pain in his ribs as they eached, he kept listening out for the footsteps that were still moving, growing louder slowly. Then he heard the low hiss, it was quieter than the previous hisses he had heard when he had encountered demons, but it was unmistakable.

"Come you little beast, come and get me if you dare"

He was muttering to himself, feeling on edge, he was injured and in no state to fight, but he needed to defend himself.

A shadow appeared at the door and he steeled himself, waiting for the attack to come.

Sophidian

"This makes no sense," she said to herself, flipping through another page. All the words jumbled together in her brain. Demons, mages, wizards, circles, magic -- none of it seemed real enough for her even though she had the abilities herself. But, upon happening on a page where the symbol of Tsai's sword was, she rose.

She figured she may as well show Lièrén. They could talk about it before the inn opened. Taking the steps two at a time, she called up the stairs. "There's something about that symbol. It's interesting, really. A demon-breaker, it's called." She flipped another page over, reading while talking. "And I think that it shouldn't be hard to draw..."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén heard Shie calling up to him about the symbol, it made perfect sense, but they were both in danger

"Shie, be careful, there is a demon up here, I don't know where it came from"

He was looking at the shadow outside his room, it hadn't moved yet, maybe it was waiting for him to make the first move. Then it shifted and smashed through the door. It was an ugly creature, even for a demon. It had multiple eyes, a long slobbering tongue and rows upon rows of sharp teeth.

Lièrén struck at it with his sword but it caught it with ease and snapped the blade in half.

"Uh oh"

Was all he could say and then the demon was upon him, slashing at him with talon like claws, catching his bandages and cutting them to ribbons, meaning pain seared through his chest bringing tears to his eyes, he caught the demons hands and wrestled with it, blocking out the pain before he passed out. He headbutted the demon in the face and only ended up with a deep gash across his head in response.

Sophidian

Hearing the scream of a demon, she dropped the book and ran up the stairs, sword forgotten behind her. She skidded into the room, staring at the demon whose only focus was to rip Lièrén to shreds. Without thinking, she leaped forward and grabbed the demon by the arms, tossing it to the side.

A burning in the center of her throat began to take her focus. She threw both hands up to it, trying to ease the pain. It was then that she noticed her glowing hands. Without a prayer this time, she'd called forward her magic. Closing her eyes, she held a hand up and felt, rather than saw,  five points of light aim straight for the demon. It hit each limb and its head, turning it into ash after a moment.

She fell back on the bed, gasping as the pain in her throat ebbed away. "What's... What's this?" She turned to him and gasped. "Lièrén!"

-- Anton Chekhov