An idea for a rp

Started by MidnightAngel09, January 18, 2011, 08:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

Quote from: MidnightAngel09 on January 27, 2011, 01:35:06 PM
I have a snow day today so i don't need to be at work, soooo therefore i'll be working on this.

TheHangedMan I took what you said into condsertion and i agree the place should be small.
Faroe Islands.
Anyone got a problem?

There will be two tribes as of right now, if i get more then i might allow three tribes. Again anyone got a problem with that?
I think you should pick out your own speices. If a few of you pick the same speices then your in that tribe. Again anyone have a problem?
As of right now it'll be carnivores VS herbivores.

If anyone as any problems with it, let me know. And i apolgize for not doing this sooner, my two jobs keeps getting in the way. And also sorry if this post seems like i'm being a "B" word lol i'ma bit moody.

Thanks for your patience etc etc etc

Hey hun, we all have days when we're moody. Especially those damn males... *snigger* Just kidding, guys!

Quote from: Akumamika on January 27, 2011, 04:06:35 PM
hmmm Imma bee... a doe a deer a female deer ^^

Ra, a drop of golden suuuun,
Me, a name I call myself
Fa, a long long way to ruuuuun,
So, a needle pulling thread,
La, the worst cop-out in movie history,
Te, a drink with jam and bread,
That will bring us back to DOH!

Um, yeah. Sorry, I get carried away sometimes...

I will definitely be feline. Probably some species of leopard, either a Jaguar or a Panther.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

TheHangedOne

Are we limited to shifting into animals that are native to Faroe Islands?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Chrystal

Quote from: TheHangedMan on January 28, 2011, 08:40:27 PM
Are we limited to shifting into animals that are native to Faroe Islands?

I certainly hope not!

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Shadow879

I only limited myself to a native bird because I'm neurotic about accuracy. If there wasn't any predatory birds still living there I'd have chosen some other hawk/falcon. I hope not as well, would make for a boring RP.

Perhaps it could work similarly to animorphs in terms of "absorbing" different animals' DNA, or something like that. Perhaps a passage in the plot explaining how we all got there.

Just my two bits.
Never back down, never look back.

How to make love to the Dark

Chrystal

Maybe, and this is just an idea, the Faroes are some sort of "safe haven" set aside by the Danish government for shape shifters? Because let's face it, normal humans are going to be rather threatened by us.

Or, perhaps there is some sort of "shape shifter convention" taking place on the islands?

Anyway, we don't all have to be natives of the islands, do we?

MidnightAngel09

Not at all. Can shift into anything you want to be

Chrystal

Phew! But I was actually meaning our human forms... Do the characters we play have to be born on the islands or can we be visiting them?

Hmmm... Or, how about this: Many generations ago, the God Loki put a curse on a number of Viking men and women, that they and their offspring would be destined to change shape into that of bird or beast. These men and women were banished by the Viking kings to the Faeroe Islands - then the furthest islands, right on the very edge of the world.

Our characters are their descendants, still watched over by Loki, who might, occasionally, intervene to cause random amounts of chaos!

Feel free, if you like that idea, to expand on the legend to make it fit your own idea.

MidnightAngel09

How about some can be visitors where as others were born there?
After all it is about two tribes not getting along

Chrystal

These are just suggestions I'm making, dear.

But yes, that would work. If the Faeroes were the home of the herbivores, and the carnivores  arrived en-mass for a Carnivore Conference. In fact that would create a great deal of tension right there!

Imagine, you are a small, close knit community where everyone knows everyone else. Suddenly a whole bunch of strangers turn up from all over the place, take over the hotel and start acting like they own the place. You would be justifiably upset. Add to this the fact that a number of the members of the community (though not all) have a dark secret that they keep hidden from the outside world: they are shape-shifters.

And then the sudden shock that the visitors are all shape-shifters too...! Some how you have to make contact, let them know... but should you? After all, these outsiders have never actually met each other before, they made contact on the internet. And then the horrifying discovery that each and every one of them shifts into a predatory animal, while all the native shifters are herbivores!

Like I said, just suggestions.

Please feel free to pick and choose what bits you like, dear.

Oh, and Midnight, I hope you aren't expecting the RP to last over a long period of "game time". In my experience, a month of real time can quite often be filled by a couple of hours of game time, depending upon posting rates, levels of detail in posts and amounts of interaction between players!

MidnightAngel09

I like the suggestions thank you.
And no i'm not expecting it to last over a long period of time. I kind of figured that

Chrystal

*chuckles*

I have a bad habit, when I see an idea I like, of taking it and expanding on it. Obviously, being a relatively honest lady, I then offer the expanded idea back to it's originator.

It is possible to have a role play cover a long period of game time, but as the GM it is up to you to "jump" the time-line forward at regular intervals.

Sorry if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs. ;)

I have another question for you dear. Obviously this needs to be in exotic, but are you planning on having it light, bondage, N/C or extreme? My suggestion would be either N/C exotic or Extreme, depending upon how "squicky" you want things to get...

MidnightAngel09

Lol its no proble at all. i like hearing peoples opions and all, and its a bouns if people are honest with me.
Actaully i wasn't really on what to do there, at first i was gonna leave it up to you guys on if you wanted to do that kind of thing or not, butsince you brought it up i'll think on it.

KaiiVii

*lurking, just so you know, totally can't decide whether I can do another RP xD*
"Whatever you are, be a good one"- Abe Lincoln

On/Off/Plot/etc Thread :)

MidnightAngel09

Careful where you lurk too, i like biting  ;) :P

MidnightAngel09

Question. Do i start another thread or am i suppouse to put it somewhere else? Just wondering because I can't decide haha

Chrystal

*chuckles*

I know, it's not easy when you're new.

Okay, do this in a separate window or tab (depending on browser, version and personal preference).

Open a second session in E, (you can have as many as you like open at once), and click the "Click friend and enter" link. The screen you get lists all the various forums that exist. Down the right hand side are the "Play By Post" forums. You need to pick the forum most appropriate for the content.

Hover your mouse over each Orange heading and you will see a description of the expected content of that forum.

This RP MUST go in exotic, because shape shifters are automatically classified that way.

But you need to decide the level of "rough stuff" allowed. If it is just vanilla sex and romance, or non-sexual and relatively non violent. it goes in "LIGHT". If bondage and torture is allowed, but the characters must give consent to be bound and tortured, then it goes in "BONDAGE". If non-consensual actions, such as rape, kidnapping, forced bondage, etcetera, are allowed, it goes in NON-CONSENSUAL.  Note: Non-Consensual refers to the CHARACTER not the PLAYER! If the player does not consent to an action then it must not happen. If stuff such as bestiality (with actual animals), water sports, scat (No thanks), incest, extreme violence, forced drug use, stuff like that, are allowed, then it must go in EXTREME.

If in doubt, take your best guess. You won't get in trouble for getting it wrong once in a while and the staff will move the thread. Only if you get it wrong persistently will they warn you about it because they'll assume it's deliberate!

As for which forum within the group, it must go in small groups.

Open a thread with the title you want for the game, followed by "OOC", and post a link to it here, and we can shift the discussion there.

MidnightAngel09

urowen

Do you happen to have a free spot? Maybe for a male?

MidnightAngel09

Quote from: urowen on January 30, 2011, 09:28:36 PM
Do you happen to have a free spot? Maybe for a male?

Yes, Its not being started yet, well try and get it started some time this week, as soon as i can

urowen

Oh no rush, just caught my interest and wanted to make sure there was room before I got my hopes up :)

MidnightAngel09

Quote from: urowen on January 30, 2011, 09:33:41 PM
Oh no rush, just caught my interest and wanted to make sure there was room before I got my hopes up :)

Oh i know but i like to get it started some time this week at the latest, and as soon as i can :)

MidnightAngel09

Oh jeeeez sorry about this guys I got busy with working and completely forgot I had started this. Then when I tried to get back on I forgot my password or i had the right password but it wouldn't log me in.

Anyways is anyone still intrested in doing this roleplay?

Chrystal

MidnightAngel09

Would itelp that i'll give everyone cookies? *smirks evily*

Chrystal

Give it a few. People rarely respond right away.