One Piece Alternate Timeline Interest Check (Recruitment Closing April 12)

Started by SweetRevenge, March 06, 2014, 11:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetRevenge

I've only recently started One Piece, but it's definitely got me watching episode after episode. And with so much possibility offered in the world, I think it would be a good try to make an RP out of it. I'm no GM. I don't have specific ideas as to what the crew could go through. One thing for sure, there's going to be devil fruits ahoy. But even with the barely 200 episodes I've watched, I know some of these are probably going to get out of hand. =/ I don't know. I just want to see if there's anyone out there who's willing to form a crew of random buffoons with mind-blowing abilities and ideas as to what they wish to do upon the vast seas!

I personally really enjoy the Goro Goro fruit; the lightning fruit. Especially for a swordsman. So I call dibs XD

Batman4560

Bam right here. I have read every issue of the manga, seen every episode and all the movies. The limits of the fruit powers is the imagination of its owner. Just so you can get that out of the way. I think the best way to handle those is to possibly do an RPG type of system with level ups. Anywho I am interested in this.

Mathim

If reasonable limits are imposed, I am too.

Just for the record, I'll be wanting to play my fanfic OC: a half-fishman, half-human character with a custom weapon, namely a fishing pole with the line and razor-sharp hook on one end and a trident spear on the other, on top of which it has eaten a spider DF and is alive and independently functioning. So it's sort of two characters functioning as one unit.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Juggtacular

Angaroo

SweetRevenge

Being 4 or 5 to begin doesn't sound too bad. If Batman would like to start building it, we could maybe actually make an RP with this =D

Juggtacular

If we're calling dibs, I also call dibs on a Logia fruit.

Batman4560

Quote from: SweetRevenge on March 11, 2014, 12:24:22 PM
Being 4 or 5 to begin doesn't sound too bad. If Batman would like to start building it, we could maybe actually make an RP with this =D

I am sorry, what am I supposed to be doing?

SweetRevenge

Quote from: Batman4560 on March 11, 2014, 12:53:17 PM
I am sorry, what am I supposed to be doing?
Sorry XP For some reason, I had read your post like you were interested in GMing it. XP I apologize, my bad.

Honestly, I think a lot of people are going to be taking devil fruits. And I don't mind it, in fact, having a crew of 'em sounds epic! However, we have to remember to have some enemies with enough strength to counter-balance our epicness.

Taken from the wiki, the logia types.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Moku Moku no Mi (Smoke-Smoke Fruit/Plume-Plume Fruit): Element of smoke.
Mera Mera no Mi (Flare-Flare Fruit/Flame-Flame Fruit): Element of fire.
Suna Suna no Mi ( Sand-Sand Fruit): Element of sand.
Goro Goro no Mi ( Rumble-Rumble Fruit): Element of lightning.
Hie Hie no Mi (Chilly-Chilly Fruit/Ice-Ice Fruit): Element of ice.
Yami Yami no Mi (Dark-Dark Fruit): Element of darkness.
Pika Pika no Mi (Glint-Glint Fruit/Light-Light Fruit): Element of light.
Magu Magu no Mi (Magma-Magma Fruit): Element of magma.
Numa Numa no Mi (Swamp-Swamp Fruit): Element of swamp.
Gasu Gasu no Mi (Gas-Gas Fruit): Element of gas.
Yuki Yuki no Mi ( Snow-Snow Fruit): Element of snow.

Now, with this list of canon in mind, maybe we could decide which ones to take and which to leave out. That being said, it's really up to the GM to decide.

Batman4560

As much as I would love to run another One Piece game I don't think I have it in my currently. That would make..four games I am running and working two jobs. I have no problem helping out where its needed but Revenge this is your idea and I really think you should run the game.

Wolfy

kingmaster1

I loves me some one piece, I'd like to join ;D

SweetRevenge

Well, if I am to be a GM, I'm definitely going to need some help. I'm only at episode 220 at the present moment. So it's clear I'm missing quite some lore... Nevertheless, I'm really thinking about it. Characters will need a clear goal, something to thrive for and that'll have them chasing after it. Flushed out characters, with concrete history. I don't think I'm asking too much, now am I?

kingmaster1

I can help, I'm completely up to date on the whole thing :-)

Batman4560

As am I. With enough serious players the game will start to thrive with little effort needing to be put into it.

kingmaster1

Indeed :-)

Oh, can we use original devil fruits, by the way?

Juggtacular

I'm up to the Punk Hazard arc. And yeah, OG Devil Fruits could be fun to tinker with.

SweetRevenge

If it's well-thought out and properly constructed, I would see no problem. In fact, I was having an idea of a mystical zoan fruit for another character, taking the shape of a dragon.  >:) I guess I'll start working on a character profile skeleton

kingmaster1

.... My fruit was a zoan dragon XD

dibs are called! :P

Juggtacular

Well there's a Zoan Dinosaur so it would make sense that a Dragon Fruit existed somewhere, lol. And mine would be similar to what Monkey D. Dragon's seems to be hinting at if he has one. A Storm Logia Fruit of sorts.

SweetRevenge

Quote from: kingmaster1 on March 11, 2014, 10:12:32 PM
.... My fruit was a zoan dragon XD

dibs are called! :P
O.O TWIN DRAGONS.

THAT IS ALL.

kingmaster1

We could do a fire and ice model fruit in the dragon category, like how there are multiple cat models.

And yes, twin dragons could be cool :-P

Juggtacular

SweetRevenge

I'll leave you the fire model. I love ice and snow! XD Just throwing it out there, I need a crew name and a captain. Because, yes, I am not going to be a captain.

kingmaster1

Damn, I wanted the ice model XD

But, fine, I can go with fire :-P

I volunteer for captain of the red dragon pirates!