System List Suggestions

Started by Vekseid, August 23, 2009, 03:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Trying to get more direct commentary from people about the Ons and Offs system, so please place suggestions here if you have any, thank you : )

missvigilant

D&D3.5e = D&D d20?
Also, I suppose it would be more convenient to arrange the D&D systems in chronological rather than alphabetic order.
--==[[[ I'm a subscriber ]]]==---
Looking for MxM, MxF romance, either part

Trieste

I wonder, Veks, do you mean to leave all the D&D stuff folded together? I know D&D has a million worlds, but maybe list some of the more popular settings in there? For instance, I like Eberron and I don't mind Forgotten Realms, but maybe Dark Sun is right out? I know you said it's general, but I think it's sort of an important distinction for D&D... kind of like in the WoD. I have no idea about nWoD... I love WoD Mage... would not touch Werewolf without some serious convincing though.

Maybe that's too detailed.

HairyHeretic

I've heard Dark Sun is to be the next big 'official' world release. I honestly didn't think it was all that popular.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Vekseid

Quote from: HairyHeretic on August 27, 2009, 02:41:29 AM
I've heard Dark Sun is to be the next big 'official' world release. I honestly didn't think it was all that popular.

It was insanely popular. And also the only major RPG to ever draw from an African heritage that wasn't Egyptian - even Exalted doesn't.

This has given me some thoughts about what to do while designing Elliquiy's CMS, but for now I think I'll specify things as people ask for them, and then for the rewrite, if I can convince people to supporting me in making one, I can do collapsible divisions and so on.

Nessy

Dark Sun was fun, especially for minorities who got a chance to play something that isn't white centric. Dragonlance was fun too, but it seems like a lot of work to take PnP games and separate them out. DnD isn't the only one with a fair amount of different settings/worlds attached to it.
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

Saku

I have no idea what systems are so yeah... can't offer any advice lol Freeform is the only one I'm familiar with lol
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

kylie

Is Big Breasts Small Waist worth an entry? 

(Is it related to BESW?  Lost.  Heh.)

Vekseid

It's name is a pun on BESM and the system has some slight similarities, but otherwise not really.

I think I want to prune the list a bit, really - have the most popular ones listed, 'other' for the rest.

kylie

I don't mean to sound annoying, and I realize you might want to just do it in more depth with the next version...  But for now, speaking generally from what I'm sensing: The more pruning and Othering you do, the less useful this becomes for me.  And the more I want a searchable input text. 

There's a real risk of creating a nice "middle of the road" person search but actually making things more difficult for people with less commonly-defined interests.  Unless your idea is that they shouldn't use it as often -- or be searched for that way by others -- anyway.

Vekseid

I have to find a balance between the amount of space available and the current system, unless I rewrite it given what I've learned here already (commentary is valuable!).

Which, given the nature of  the complaints, I just may have to... but I have better ideas, now.

Starchaser

What about Chaoism's Call of Cthulhu System?

Vekseid