Crafty Craftiness!

Started by Mithlomwen, September 10, 2012, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mithlomwen

I've never been a person who has tried many, nor been all that interested in crafts. 

That is until recently. 

I've been bitten by the crafting bug......hard

In my internet travels, I've been finding all sorts of neat little ideas that are screaming at me to give them a try.  ;D 

My original idea was to simply post the neat craft ideas that I find, but someone (you know who you are) suggested that I post the ideas, and then share pics of my results after giving it a try.  Not so sure if that's a good idea, but it sounded like fun!  I'm hoping that I'll be able to list what worked for me and what didn't, and if I changed anything along the way. 

Also, if you read this, and happen to give any the ideas a try, and feel comfortable sharing, seeing others' results would be fantastic! 

Okay so here goes. 

Fall is in the air finally.  Which means falling leaves and apples!  As well as Halloween and cooler temperatures.  It is without a doubt my favorite time of the year.  If I can fit it in, I'm planning on trying out several Autumn crafts this year. 

I found these ideas yesterday and am planning on giving it a whirl. 

Candy Corn Love!

Dollar Store Fall Wreath.

Once I'm able to give these two a try, I will be posting the results.  Everyone cross their fingers!  ;D 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Mithlomwen

Alrighty!  Here is my first attempt at something. 

I found this craft of a pumpkin made out of an old paperback book and decided to give it a try. 

I found that after removing the book cover it was easier to trace the cardboard stencil on it and then use scissors to cut a few pages at a time.  When I tried using the razor knife, it was too difficult to keep it all straight.  I added some decorative ribbon on the top. 

In the end, it didn't turn out so badly I don't think!   

(click pic for larger image)
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...