Marvel Cinematic Universe: Metahuman (Recruitment Closed!)

Started by MaiMizzu, March 01, 2015, 10:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinestra

At this point, if you can't imagine a character showing up in the next few Marvel movies (ie, the ones already announced), then I think it's fair to say they might not fit.
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Green Goo Theory

I can see bill showing up rather easily.  The problem I see is that he would be kind of a big deal.  Like... Enough to draw a lot of focus away from mutants.
Coming soon...

wander

I was thinking of joining with Hawkeye and X-23, sound cool?

apygoos

okay this one might be a long stretch, but could be an adaptation on the characters powerset, not necessarily his original origin:
Beta Ray Bill, aka William Surname was a seemingly normal human, until he had a chance encounter with the mist. His Inhuman power awakens, giving him super human sterngth, and the durable hide of a horse.

a later plot could allow him to discover that he is worthy to wield mjolnir/a weapon of simmilar manner

In general, I am proposing making Beta Ray Bill an inhuman with super strength and super durability. The way i envision the general population, they would see Inhumans and Mutants as all one in the same threat. super beings that are out of control. The inhuman aspect will still let you play with the horse like features if you wanted to. He would just be based out of earth now, and get the title "Beta Ray" through some other means. Is it a hard change from his origins? yes, but it still brings the general character into possibility in the MCU.
What do you think?

Quote from: wander on March 13, 2015, 02:30:30 PM
I was thinking of joining with Hawkeye and X-23, sound cool?
those sound great!

wander

Cool, I'll get some profiles up for them both tonight! :)

Hawkeye will be pretty standard as he's in the MCU anyway, though I'm gonna play him a little bit more like his recent Fraction ongoing series persona. I've written for Hawkeye a few times now and he's one of the guys I have alot of fun with, thanks to his trick arrows.

X-23 may need some work done on her background, as in the comics she is effectively a clone/lab grown daughter of Wolverine. I'd like to keep her background of being raised in a facility if I can, though I can downplay the relation to Logan and go more with her being the escaped assassin and run on her earlier appearance in NYX, where she'd be living cash in hand on the streets.

wander

Player Name: Wander
Character Name:  Clint Barton
Code Name (If Applicable): Hawkeye
Abilities/Powers:
Clint is a Master at Archery, is an expert marksman and acrobat, he has been taught unarmed combat by Captain America, a skilled tactitian, is proficient with both ranged and melee weapons, being one of only a few to correctly handle Captain America's shield. He can speak both English and Italian and has the strength of someone who engages in intense regular exercise and can be classed as athletic in build.
Brief Bio:
Clint Barton is a member of SHIELD and of the Avengers. He was originally a member of a travelling circus alongside his brother Barney. He was inspired by Iron Man's original appearance to become a hero himself, however he was he mistaken for a theif and had a run in with the police, this led to the discovery of his talents and recruitment into SHIELD. On a mission to assassinate the agent Black Widow, he instead ended up forming a partnership with her, bringing her back to SHIELD with him. He joined the Avengers after being used as a pawn by Loki when he was originally sent to guard the Tesseract, one of the Infinity Stones, from him. It was thanks to Black Widow he shook off Loki's mind control and joined the group for the battle of Manhattan against the Chitauri menace.
Appearance:

X-23 coming up!

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: apygoos on March 13, 2015, 02:32:05 PM
okay this one might be a long stretch, but could be an adaptation on the characters powerset, not necessarily his original origin:
Beta Ray Bill, aka William Surname was a seemingly normal human, until he had a chance encounter with the mist. His Inhuman power awakens, giving him super human sterngth, and the durable hide of a horse.

a later plot could allow him to discover that he is worthy to wield mjolnir/a weapon of simmilar manner

In general, I am proposing making Beta Ray Bill an inhuman with super strength and super durability. The way i envision the general population, they would see Inhumans and Mutants as all one in the same threat. super beings that are out of control. The inhuman aspect will still let you play with the horse like features if you wanted to. He would just be based out of earth now, and get the title "Beta Ray" through some other means. Is it a hard change from his origins? yes, but it still brings the general character into possibility in the MCU.
What do you think?
those sound great!

A little too much of a hard shift.  Thanks for trying though.  I think I'll go with another character then. 

Coming soon...

wander

Player Name: Wander
Character Name: Laura Kinney
Code Name (If Applicable): X-23
Abilities/Powers:
Regenerative Healing Factor, which includes Chemical Resistance and Disease Immunity. This healing factor is effective enough that she can fight the Hulk and come away without serious injury. Laura also has superhuman acute senses, stamina and strength (due to her muscles healing before releasing toxins that would wear her down, she can potentially lift up to 800lbs), along with superhuman agility and reflexes. She also has bone-claws in her hands and feet coated with adamantium by The Facility where she was raised and presumably has longevity due to her healing factor.
Her training at The Facility has made Laura an expert at covert operations and tracker (the latter thanks to her enhanced sense of smell), a master of martial arts, olympic class acrobat, multilingual (English, French, Japanese and possibly more) and a gifted intellect.
Brief Bio:
Laura was born an experiment in a place only known as The Facility. Perhaps a research group linked to HYDRA, their mission was to create a perfect living weapon using the DNA sample of a previous test-subject deemed to have 'gifted' genetics. From as young an age as she could learn, Laura was taught to be a weapon. At the age of seven she was exposed to a material which unlocked her genetic potential... She grew bone claws and gained a healing factor. Her claws were removed and coated with adamantium, a rare metal gained from Wakanda, before being implanted back into her body, making her claws able to cut through nearly any material whilst being impervious to damage.
At age 11 she was sent on her first assassination mission for the crimelord of Hell's Kitchen, Kingpin, who regularly used her services along with other criminals and organisations of need of an inconspicuous looking assassin. Eventually Laura was able to escape The Facility thanks to the help of the woman who acted as her surrogate mother, Sarah Kinney. However this was not without tragedy as Laura was conditioned to go in a berserker rage at exposure to a trigger scent and she ended up killing her mother when the woman was exposed to the manufactured chemical. As Sarah died, she named the 14 year old girl 'Laura', who had only been known as X-23 until then (being the 23rd attempt at making a clone). Laura has been living in Manhattan for the past three years, taking cash in hand work and doing whatever she can to get by.
Appearance:
http://apesandbabes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/new-x-men-25.jpg

Mathim

'Kay...don't know if you guys still have room but this is what I have if you need me:

Player Name: Mathim
Character Name:  Dr. Steven Vincent Strange
Code Name (If Applicable): Doctor Strange
Abilities/Powers: Former brain surgeon, master of mystic arts
Brief Bio: Formerly an arrogant but acclaimed neurosurgeon, Strange one day makes a terrible mistake and crashes his car, permanently damaging his hands that he relies upon so heavily for his livelihood. Burning through his considerable fortune on unsuccessful cures for his condition, he turns, in desperation, to a fabled monk living in the Himalayas for a supposed last-ditched effort to find a miracle cure. He finds the monk, the Ancient One, and is disappointed to find he has traveled there for naught, as the old man can not in fact restore his hands to their former condition. Strange, before departing into an uncertain future, happens upon the Ancient One's disciple, Baron Mordo, a jealous, petty man who seeks to usurp the Ancient One's title of Sorcerer Surpreme with a devious plot. Strange attempts to warn the old man his life is in danger but is silenced by a hex from Mordo. The Ancient One, however, knew all along about this plot, and thwarts Mordo's attempt, banishing him from the temple. The Ancient One, seeing goodness in Strange's heart despite Strange's resentment of him for being unable to help him with his problem, takes him under his wing and gives the formerly broken man a new lease on life, and a new destiny.

Years later, Strange is skilled in the ways of magicks and enchanted artifacts, using many of them to one day take up the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme, guided by the Ancient One as he battles against demonic threats from other worlds that occasionally bleed through into this dimension. For the most part he hasn't interfered much in the affairs of the mortal realm outside of his duties, but disturbances in the ether have given him reason to check in on threats of the non-supernatural nature recently.

Appearance:
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

MaiMizzu

So! Here's what we have! Everyone's apps look great, good job guy! We're deliberating at this moment just HOW to get this started... so it's gonna be really really soon!

Players and Characters:
MaiMizzu – Jean Grey, Bruce Banner
Apygoos – Steve Rogers, Peter Parker
Zergmuncher – Tony  Stark
Sinestra - Carol Danvers
vatovie - Armando Muñoz
JamesSureWould - Amadeus Cho
Wander - Clint Barton, Laura Kinney
Mathim - Steven Strange

The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Mathim

Is someone playing Ultron? I could do that if nobody else is interested.

Otherwise, I'd recommend this be placed during a time where registration (not just mutant, but all metahumans) is being debated, and the international vote about whether to ratify it is imminent. That would make it so there are already divisions in the super community, between those who think it's a good idea and those that don't, and for those that do, they can already have made it known to the world about their abilities and identify if they choose.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

MaiMizzu

The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

apygoos

Quote from: Mathim on March 13, 2015, 10:46:04 PM
Is someone playing Ultron? I could do that if nobody else is interested.

Otherwise, I'd recommend this be placed during a time where registration (not just mutant, but all metahumans) is being debated, and the international vote about whether to ratify it is imminent. That would make it so there are already divisions in the super community, between those who think it's a good idea and those that don't, and for those that do, they can already have made it known to the world about their abilities and identify if they choose.
youll see youre not too far off from what weve got in mind~
but i am playing Ultron as a GMNPC, ive wanted to play that mother fucker for years now. I might need to highjack james spaders voice claim though. Ultron will be the first BIG baddie, possibly even reoccurring, but if this game last as long term as id hope, he wont be the last.

Mathim

Quote from: apygoos on March 13, 2015, 11:00:08 PM
youll see youre not too far off from what weve got in mind~
but i am playing Ultron as a GMNPC, ive wanted to play that mother fucker for years now. I might need to highjack james spaders voice claim though. Ultron will be the first BIG baddie, possibly even reoccurring, but if this game last as long term as id hope, he wont be the last.

Well that's pretty much the only conceivable way I could imagine this being able to work long-term.

zergmuncher

Player Name: Zergmuncher
Character Name:  Tony Stark/Iron Man
Code Name (If Applicable):
Abilities/Powers: Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. Wears a number of power suits designed and built by him.
Brief Bio: Tony Stark is a man of genius and a steel will. He destroyed all of the suits he had been working on in the events of Iron Man 3 and has since been finishing construction of the Avengers Tower. Of course he's nothing if not predictable and has already manufactured a few suits to keep him busy. Those who don't know who Tony is, probably wouldn't be interested in this game to begin with.
Appearance:

apygoos

Player Name: apygoos
Character Name:  Steve Rogers
Code Name (If Applicable): Captain America
Abilities/Powers: Super Soldier physiology, including Rapid cellular regeneration, super strength, super durability, speed, and agility
Expert Martial artist
unparalleled shieldsmanship
Brief Bio: After the fall of SHIELD, Steve began hunting Hydra wherever he could find it. Eventually this lead him to return to Stark and Banner and reform the Avengers, because now more than ever, the Earth needed its Mightiest Heroes.
Appearance:

Swordsman18

Is there room for one more? I am just curious because I am interested.

Possible Character

Player Name: Swordsman18
Character Name: Jennifer Walters
Code Name (If Applicable): She-Hulk
Abilities/Powers: Superhuman strength, speed, agility, stamina and durability, Regenerative healing factor, Emotion empowerment
Brief Bio: SHIELD in all of their infinite wisdom sought to create a more controllable less volatile Hulk. So they looked into Bruce Banner's genetics as well as the nature of his accident to see if they could recreate in more controlled circumstances. What this lead to was to them tracking down and discovering a cousin of Banner's which they felt fit his genetic profile to an acceptable degree as they were not willing to attempt to clone Banner for the fear of creating a more destructive Hulk.

They caught her at an opportune time as she lay dying from a gun shot wound she received while prosecuting a crime syndicate in Los Angeles. Just wanting to live, she allowed them to do what they wanted to her. What this lead to was several injections of a stabilizer between her and Bruce's DNA. And as usual with the Hulk family, they exposed her to Gamma radiation.

Sadly this threw Jennifer into a coma which lasted from before the Battle of New York to just before the fall of SHIELD. She was woken from her slumber by a Hydra agent who attempted to prevent SHIELD from finding out if their experiment was successful. When the bullets entered her chest and head she awoke going directly into her meaner greener form. Jennifer killed the man accidentally with her greatly increased strength before running from the facility. Her mind was jumbled and erratic as her emotions seemed to control her.

Eventually she calmed down, bringing her back to her normal more human form but by then she already created her own small path of destruction. Before SHIELD finally fell she surrendered to them to learn just what she was now. Similar to Hulk, they found out that she was unkillable, yet unlike her cousin she possessed much of her intelligence when she transformed the more she got used to the change.

TheBlackThrone

Can I throw in a Wolverine? He's always been independent.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings