Interest Check: High School of the Dead

Started by KunoichiRogue5, April 28, 2010, 11:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KunoichiRogue5

Based on the Romero style manga of the same name, the idea behind this is that in the middle of an ordinary day at high school a zombie apocalypse occurs, leaving students, teachers, and everyone else to deal with the horrors of the undead.

Character Sheet Area: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=67521.0

IC game: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=67549.0 - on hold, looking for more!

Story: A mysterious, lethal disease is on the loose worldwide, resulting in a catastrophic death rate of humanity, and the increasing rise of attacks, caused by the living dead.

The idea behind this is that the players are a group of students with some teachers starting on the day the event in question occurs.

Name:
Weapon: This will start as empty unless there's a very good reason for it.
Personality:
Add'l info: Anything extra you want people to know about you.

This will remain open, if it gets off the ground, as you will often come across survivors or groups of them, etc. But then again, groups of people are not always safe.

This game is going to be Extreme, because the players are going to be dealing with the hordes of undead that will eat, rape, or possibly do worse to you, if they catch you. Looking for anyone interested.

Any questions?
"You will obey the darkness, and aid your new master."
-Daigotsu

O/Os

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

KunoichiRogue5

Common undead have the common traits. They want flesh. Be it to fuck, eat, or whatever. However there may be the occasional Resident Evil type monster that comes along. An occasional creature much smarter than the normal zombies. But these will be very few and far in between. Though it does stand to reason, that there may be a person or two or so out there that have that one in two billion that the virus bonds with, or whatever. Giving normal people superhuman powers with other such things. But there will, of course, be insane, panicked, and other such types of people out there that are not infected.

However this is only an idea, not so much something that is going to happen.
-Daigotsu

O/Os

pendarious

hmm.....well give me some time to get the stuff together but i'm in.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Sanai

I may be interested, but would like to see more information about the idea first.
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

Bloody Rose

KunoichiRogue5

What kind of information do you want? I can't very well give away everything because part of the ordeal is solving the mystery. But ask any questions you want.
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Latooni Subota

I HIGHLY suggest that you all actually go find and read the High School of the Dead manga, which will probably be on Mangafox or other similar sites. It was on Onemanga, but i'm not sure if their ban on Mature-rated manga is still there. Also, I'd like to note that Zombies are dangerous yeah? Groups of survivor's are just as dangerous, if not more so. Keep that in mind ;)

As is probably obvious by now, i'm totally interested. This is a rough first-draft of a character, since i'm not QUITE sure if this is how much you want? :3

http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=242118

Name: Saionji Tamara
Sex: Female
Weapon: None
Personality: Tamara is . . a little weird. Sure, she has a few friends that she went to middle school with, but she usually ends up either alone or just . . tagging along with her old friends quietly. She definately comes off as an antisocial person.

The truth is, she's just uncomfortable around other people due to a bit too much shyness on her part. A follower more than a leader, she'll go along with the flow . . unless it's something that she deems stupid. Then she'll either go off on her own, or quietly try to interject and give some advice.

When it comes to the naughtier side of life, Tamara is . . interested but inexperienced. Part of this is because she can't make up her mind whether or not she's more attracted to men or women, half-due to her shyness and social stigmas . . that and she has a hard time relating to people.
Add'l info: Tama is TINY. 4'10", and light enough for an average person to probably lift her with one hand. While this means she can easily climb into places bigger people and zombies can't hope to get into, it also means that she lacks a bit (or a lot) of physical strength.

Tama is an intellectual, and VERY good with her hands. Her father runs an antique shop, and her mother is a music instructor. Tama was able to not only learn how to play a few instruments, but also how to fix up just about anything. With her interest in mechanics and such, she even looked into how to fix more complex machines like cars! Not that she's had much practice . . .
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

KunoichiRogue5

Oh I HAVE read High School of the Dead. Up through chapter 24 on Onemanga. But when I went last night to see if the new chapter was up it was suspended because they had a request to take it down. Which can only mean that someone is actually translating it!!! Woot!
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Latooni Subota

Any thoughts on adorablesurvivorgirl? :3

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

KunoichiRogue5

She works! All for it. I may fine tune the character sheet a bit, as we get more, etc. But nothing should cause any real changes in your character if we do. But it's great!
-Daigotsu

O/Os

GloomCookie

Name: Akemi Hayashi & Masami Takenaka
Sex: Both Female
Personality: Akemi is bright and open, eager to help and very kind.  Masami is very shy but very smart, and often only opens up to those who are worthy of it.
Add'l info: Akemi and Masami are lovers, and both care for each other deeply.  They are inseparable, and both compliment the other in terms of knowledge and skill.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

pendarious

http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/clubs/3/2749m.jpg

name: Kuragari (family) Kasumi (given)
sex: male
weapon: bokken
Personality: Kasumi is a lazy but smart guy he can come across as a smart ass at times and tends to grumble to himself about how dull things tend to be.

Added info: he's about 6'00 and despite his appearence is fairly strong. his athletic abilities are restrained by his lazyness. he likes anime, manga, video games, and mahjong and can often be seen laying around on a tree branch reading manga or light novels. he's also a fan of fantasy, science fiction, and psycological thriller novels. he has a tendancy to be fairly antisocial. sure he has friends but the ones he has he considers idiots and only really spends time with them when he has absolutely nothing better to do. some would label him a delinquant when in truth he's only a little truant from time to time. his father owns a kendo dojo and he has practiced kendo since he was young. he was the captain of the kendo team from the time he was in middle school all the way through his second year of highschool.  due to his inherant lazyness he decided to drop the kendo club and just attend school the third year.

hope this is ok

Xaoc

This idea actually seems kind of cool. Is Manga knowledge required?
Hate can motivate one to do the impossible. But love? Love will bring one to do the unthinkable.

KunoichiRogue5

No. I welcome anyone and everyone. And would prefer people make their OWN characters rather than the ones from the manga, though inspiration is great.

All the characters are approved, though Linna, I would prefer you only play one person at a time. But the best part about games like this is, even if everyone dies you can keep playing as another person.
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Xaoc

Do you have a Start date in mind, or have you already started?
Hate can motivate one to do the impossible. But love? Love will bring one to do the unthinkable.

KunoichiRogue5

We haven't started, I wanted to get an idea of how many people would be interested in it, and what not. Though I usually do interest checks/recruiting posts at the same time. So far we have 3 players. If we get 2 more we may be able to start.

Students:
Kasumi Kuragari - Pendarious
Saionji Tamara - Subota

Teachers:
None so far
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Crovonovin

I'd been meaning to read more into this series after seeing the preview for the show coming out later this year, so this seems like the perfect encouragement!  And since it seems to be a roleplay designed for fluidity (with old inactive players either becoming separated or eaten and new survivors being found), that suits my somewhat uncertain schedule just fine.  Here are two preliminary characters for approval.

Name: Ishida Nori
Sex: Male
Height: 5'11"
Weapon: Riding Crop
Personality:
Nori is, to put it quite bluntly, a terribly strange individual to find in a strict Japanese High School.  He is a rather blatant Okama, and refuses to wear anything other than a seifuku when attending classes, along with various and often vibrant or exotic accessories so that he may 'retain his individuality in a culture that is starved for creativity', as he puts it.  This includes matching collars, which he wears about his neck to press in his Adam's apple.  Normally such behaviour would not be openly tolerated, but it is rumored that his parents donate inordinate sums of money to the school on an annual basis in order to keep things quiet.

A notorious flirt, Nori will not hesitate to act intimately with any man or woman that he deems attractive, making suggestive remarks, teasing, touching, or otherwise addressing everyone with familiar honorifics.  Spontaneity is a trait that he relishes, and he will occasionally take on different "roles" from day to day just to spice things up (ie, in his terms:  "Big Sister Type", tsundere, etcetera).  Nori also seems to enjoy preying on individuals that are withdrawn from others and helping them to "open up", though this is more often from good will rather than any lewd emotions.  He also has a bit of a thing for going after self-proclaimed "straight" men, particularly athletes.  This has certainly not done anything to dispel the rumors of his supposed promiscuity.

Additional Info:

• Though he is here pictured with turquoise hair, he is well known for changing his hair colour from day to day (or even between classes). 
  • Nori receives surprisingly little hostility from men in the school, mostly due to the rumors that his parents have connections with the yakuza and other similarly intimidating criminal organizations.  It is unknown whether this is true or merely a cleverly constructed lie.  On the other hand, many of the other women in his class are openly critical of him (which he claims is because he looks better in women's clothing than they do).
  • He has a wide circle of friends and does surprisingly well in school, but doesn't seem to be tied down to anyone in particular in terms of romantic involvement.

Name: Sanada Natsu
Sex: Female
Height: 5'4"
Personality:
Natsu is renowned for both her drive and her passion for physical exertion, but also for the near-obsessiveness in which she trains her body.  She is a member of nearly every team that the school has to offer, including volleyball, track, swimming, and kendo.  How she manages to juggle all those schedules simultaneously is anyone's guess, but it is a rare day indeed that she is not seen out of breath, sweaty, and with a determined scowl on her face.  She always carries a water bottle on her; even when she doesn't appear to be holding one, one need merely look away for a moment for her to somehow materialize one and start drinking from it. 

Though friendly enough to her fellow team mates, the ferocity in which she goes about her exercise regimens is enough to scare most people off from training with her, particularly in kendo.  She may not be the best fighter, swimmer, or ball player in regards to sheer technical skill, but when it comes to raw force and bravado, she has it in spades.

Additional Info:

• She claims to have aspirations to become an Olympic athlete in the future when pressed, though oddly enough it isn't something that she talks about often.  It almost seems as if the act of working out her body is enough reward for her, and that she doesn't actually have any set goal in mind for the future.
  • Not much is known about Natsu's home life, as she seems to have specifically constructed a schedule that keeps her busy 100% of the time.  She's never invited anyone over, and rarely hangs out casually with others.  When she does, it is only reluctantly and her restlessness is obvious to anyone.
  • Natsu has a bad habit of falling asleep in classes, especially on days between work outs when her body is sore.
  • Her sexuality isn't known, as she has never agreed to go out with anyone on a date.  She is an absolutely terrible judge of character and often doesn't get it when someone asks her out.  Natsu is so prone to misunderstandings that it has become something of a joke to the student body.  Though not an idiot by any stretch of the imagination, this has led to many derogative nicknames, the most favored being "Bakatsu".

Latooni Subota

OMG, Nori is an EPIC character Shihong. I personally would feel better with the girl in the group, but Nori is beyond awesome! XD

Xaoc, Might I suggest that you play a teacher? We could use an adult. :3

pendarious

i'm cool with either character. i think they are both cool as all get out.

Crovonovin

Thanks for the words of encouragement!  I will probably be using both characters, if that's alright; just not simultaneously.  ie:  If one of them is in the main group, the other will be "elsewhere".  Mainly because I'd prefer not to have to make one die just to use the other, only to realize I had more fun playing the now-dead character.   ;D 

But I'll probably start off with Nori, because he amuses me more.

pendarious

hehehe i understand that feeling. though i myself feel kinda outa place only playing one character.

Crovonovin

Presumably if there was enough interest in the game there could be two groups of survivors going at once, but for now I agree with Kunoichi's decision to keep everyone to one character at a time from the start.  If the group got so large that it became cumbersome and dangerous, then a split would be an intelligent move.

pendarious

never said i disagreed with kunoichi's decision. it's the logical course to take *shrugs*

Xaoc

I'll get something up tomorrow... I'm too tired to do it today.