Interest check(Erotic Battletech)

Started by CaptainErotica, February 09, 2007, 04:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissaM

Quote from: Robguy on February 15, 2007, 08:22:46 AM
  Sounds good Chrissa. Locust is a good solid scout mech. Just make sure you don't get hammered by the big boys.  ;).

Hammered by the big boys, huh?  But that sounds like so much fun!!

Oh, and I'm very glad to see some other ladies in here.  Hurrah for the ladies alliance idea!  And while I'm glad to see them, beating all the guys off with a big spiky stick would have been tons of fun, haha.
Ons and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8762.new#new
I'm open to literally just about anything.  Ons and Offs is just general info.  Ask me if you've got an idea!  I don't bite people who ask!  Unless they want to be bitten...

Ixy

We're beating guys off with spikey sticks?!  That'll teach 'em to ask for a handjob--  "beat you off, huh?  Well, how about I bring in-- MR THORNY?!?!"

Seriously, though... I'm all for it.  Just tell me what I need to know so I won't screw up the battletech world rules, and I'm in. 

Swedish Steel

"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Ixy

Ok-- Here's what I like as far as Mechs go...  being Mercenaries, we will have Inner Sphere technology, right?
PXH-7S Phoenix Hawk
MAD-4S Marauder II
OR
TNS-4S Thanatos. 

If I start looking at Clan mechs, it's a slightly different story.

As for a CHARACTER...
Mika Valanov... born into a family of organized crime, Mika’s home was disrupted at a child when the turning of the underworld tide left her family dead, incarcerated, or on the run.  Rescued from a life, and probably a short one, on the streets, Mika was adopted by a Mech engineer and mechanic, and spent her early teen years tuning up, and occasionally pioloting, mechs.

She eventually earned her bones as a pilot, and seemed to take naturally to the pace and nuances of mech warfare.  ETC. ETC. ETC.

Appearance: diminutive in height and slight of build with blonde hair in a wicked pixie-cut.  Her most striking features are her eyes—a vivid, maddening blue—and her full lips, typically formed in a wry, teasing smile.

ChrissaM

Do we need character sheets, or can we describe them as we go?  Because that's sometimes more fun...
Ons and Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8762.new#new
I'm open to literally just about anything.  Ons and Offs is just general info.  Ask me if you've got an idea!  I don't bite people who ask!  Unless they want to be bitten...

Apple of Eris

As far as mech go, I'm thinking medium mech. The GRF-6CS Griffin to be exact, otherwise a SHD-7M Shadow Hawk.

I need something with jump jets :)
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

CaptainErotica

Sorry been busy with the family. I'll post some threads on the game board either today or tomorrow which should help clear up everything.

I'd go Shadow Hawk, though both are descent designs.

CaptainErotica

King_Furby

i have not played battletech rp but know some about it..well played a few mechwarrior games..but arn't they pretty much the same thing...i may be wrong but i thought they were in the same universe.

always liked the Fire ant mech myself from Mechcommander 1 and 2 games. A like scout mech with flamers..love that little weak ass thing.

is battletech and mechwarrior pretty much the same..i ask asking cause i don't know for sure

CaptainErotica

Mechwarrior was the rpg version of the tabletop game Battletech. They are designed ot be played together. The newest version changed the name to classic Battletech RPG. Same game new name for the most part. As for video games.(Mechwarrior, Mechcommander, Mech Assault) are all based on the Battletech/Mechwarrior universe. I'd have to look, but I don't think the Fire Ant is an actually Battletech design.

HairyHeretic

Firestarter maybe?

http://www.chaosmarch.com/output.cfm?ZVType=1&flag=0&ZFaction=1&XEra=9&XVid=993&XPrev=581&XNext=584&ZVotes=26

2 Flamer
2 Medium Laser
2 Rocket Launcher 15
4 Rocket Launcher 10

Load the launchers with inferno rounds and you've plenty of pyromaniac tendancies to go :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

CaptainErotica

That is about the closest your gonan get unless you build your own design, which they have rules for, but I'm not going to get into those.....not right away anyway. By the way feel free to use the OC board of the game thread.

Seereous

Given how most seem to like light and medium Mechs, I'm guessing that this merc unit of ours is going to be best suited for Urban ops and close quarters. Tight spaces with firing on the fly.  A unit like that could also be used for recon in force, using the heavies and assaults for the rear guard. Can also use a configuration like this for blow and go (guerrilla/raids/seek and destroy) or even snatch and grab (raids/salvage on the fly). This unit is starting to look a bit like Avanti's Angels.  Just my two cents.

I think that I'm going to wait till everyone makes their Mech choices before I make my final one. I'll pick something that best suits the composition of the unit. The Highlander would be good because of the C3i (Improved Command Control and Communications) computer.  However for the recon in force and high speed missions, the upgraded Ostol would be good.  All beam weapons for extended operations, high speed with the 300 extra light engine. This Mechs saving grace would be the added accuracy of the Targeting Computer and the Triple Strength Myomer.

Rob, are you going to have a PC for this game or are you just going to be the little voice in the sky that sends the Clans at our rear after a snatch and go? At the number of people that we have it looks like we're a demi company in size, unless a couple of people are going to play additional characters to get us to full company strength.

Well, I now realize that I am way over analyzing this stuff and that I really need to get a life.  Have a good day everyone. *waves*

CaptainErotica

I will be playing NPC's. This will include your eneimes as el las your superiors, and lancemates. My idea was to have each player be put in command of at least a lance, but that would end up making the unit at least Battalion sized which is pretty big for an up and coming unit. However, at one or two of you will be given a low level leadership position. As for the unit looking alot like Avanti's Angels, I find that amusing since i am calling the unit the Dark Angels. Also as i stated earlier feel free to move the discusions inot the game board. If you want a separate discusion thread on the board let me know and i'l lmake one up.

The American Patriot

Hi there... is there an opening for any new characters?
"Do you have any idea how we are talking about here? We are talking about the 'Butcher of Keiv'... The 'Cakemaker of Keiv' could kick all of our asses, and we are talking about the 'BUTCHER of Kevi'... Does that tell you anything?"

Story of the Accident... https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=29000.0

HairyHeretic

I'm afraid this one fell by the wayside quick a while ago.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Haibane

Hm, the last post dated Feb 2007 should have indicated all was not well.  :D

The American Patriot

ture... I but I had some hope that it might have been ongoing... I really miss battletech.
"Do you have any idea how we are talking about here? We are talking about the 'Butcher of Keiv'... The 'Cakemaker of Keiv' could kick all of our asses, and we are talking about the 'BUTCHER of Kevi'... Does that tell you anything?"

HairyHeretic

I enjoyed it while it was going too. I was playing a Kuritan, ex 2nd Sword of Light.

If you like the idea, you could always try resurrecting it, and see if a new game would draw appeal.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

The American Patriot

Lilian

And so much enthusiasm! I hate it. Erotic Battletech got me excited enough to come back. o.l