Supernatural: Legacy, is looking for new players!

Started by Landshark, August 28, 2016, 01:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Landshark

And so it came to be that the world of man was once again left to its own devices. The angels had retreated to heaven, closing its doors but allowing the dead to pass inside. The demons, once again under the rule of Crowley, fled back to hell to rebuild their numbers and for Crowley to build a new foundation from which to rule. Over the previous years the number of hunters had been decimated both through the natural dangers of their profession and their targeted destruction from multiple enemies. The world, though safe from the apocalyptic terrors it had been facing, is now left vulnerable to the creatures of the night. What is even more troublesome is that in the few years following the retreat of angels and demons, earths greatest unsung heroes have disappeared. The Winchesters, Sam and Dean, are missing. Call them what you will, heroes, villains, psychopaths, outlaws or fools they were the strongest line of defense in the war against the enemies of man.

Its been three years since anyone has seen the boys and the monsters have taken note of their absence, as well as that of the other hunters. What few hunters remain are working around the clock and usually out matched. It is in this vacuum that a strange book begins to appear around the world. A large yet simple tome written as if by an all seeing being, The Winchester Gospel. It tells of the Winchester family and their allies, leading back generations and what came to be of them. How in the end the boys saved the world they themselves had brought to the brink of destruction. Yet the tome is not just a narrative, it is in fact a guide book to those who would take up the mantle of hunter. A call to arms, if you will, urging a new generation to step up and do their part.

The book is not a required thing to have appeared in your background. It is simply meant as a way to expedite oneself into the hunting world if you so choose. The book is written very much like the bible in that it doesn't give perfect descriptions and answers. Example: And in that place they did battle with the beast. Claw verses blade and bite verse bullet. In the end, twas the silver blade that brought the beast low. Now its clear that they killed a monster with a silver blade, Good Stuff To Know, HOWEVER it isn't very clear about what kind of beast they were killing OR if the bullets worked at all, just that it had claws and a bite and the blade ended the fight. So there is a learning curve when it comes to actually using the book as a new hunter.

As it says above, its been 3 years since the boys disappeared. The year is 2019 and everything is canon up to the last season. So FYI there WILL be spoilers if your not caught up. You DO NOT need to be caught up to play however. I'm simply using the world not the story. There will be references and the appearance of known characters from time to time though. This will be a story driven sandbox game. You will  be solving mysteries in the same vane as the boys do. Nothing super hard but investigation and asking questions will be required to find out what the heck is going on.

The need to know tuff:
Im looking for roughly 3 strong writers to round out the group (it will not be first come first serve)
Humans only! this is non-negotiable. (No werewolves, vamps, witches, prophets, 1/2 whatevers)
No canon characters. They will be NPC's only
No sons/daughters of canon characters.
Characters must be at least 18 years old
You will all be relatively new to hunting. This doesn't mean your dumb or unskilled just haven't had the opportunity to test yourself in the field as of yet.

*Please PM character sheets to me and do not post them here.*
Ok Character sheet:

Name:
Personality:

Appearance:

Main skills: (List 3, that are non-combat related. Ie.. computers, auto repair, research)(These are not the only things you know. These are your peak abilities)
Combat preference: (Whats your main go to for fighting? fist, knife, gun etc.. someone else whos good with one of those :P)
Background: (at least 2-3 paragraphs please)
Equipment: (Weapons, books, computers, # of phones, # fake ID's, vehicle ect... Keep in mind your fairly new so you wont have an arsenal)
Face Claim:
Theme Song: (It is supernatural after all. Gotta have a cool song!)
On/Off: (Game is not geared toward sex but if it happens you gotta "be prepared", as Dean would say;)

The most important thing to remember is that you are not a super badass. Please no Navy Seals with a set of 300 year old vampire hunting gear passed down through their family and a friend that taught them everything they would ever need to know about magic.

Please feel free to ask any questions at all as I am on at least once a day if not more.

Bekah Boo

Landshark

Excellent! Sent a pm to you with just a few ample questions.

PrincessAriel

I am interested but I fear you will find people before I can make a profile. I'm not up to date on the latest season but I've watched everything up to that. Spoilers never hurt my need to watch the show lol. I love Supernatural.
"Let Me See You
Stripped Down to the bone"

Landshark

We still have at least 2 spots open so please feel free to send in a character idea. The game is based in the same universe and time line but you won't be running around with characters from the show....well usually you won't. There will be cameos. Knowing the setting is enough, you don't need intimate knowledge of the series. As new hunters your not suppose to know much anyhow :)

Please ask me anything as I'm big on communication.

PrincessAriel

Can I see an example of the character sheet? If not, it is ok. :)
I just dont want to accidentally choose the same thing as the other person.
Also.. An example of my rp 'skills' if you need it: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=255259.0
"Let Me See You
Stripped Down to the bone"

Landshark

We currently have a techy researcher, a thief, basic badass and a mechanic/fast talker.

Current active players are Vampyre Valkyrie, CurvyKitten, Bekah Boo and Bibliophilia (?).
Character sheets can be viewed here:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=252199.msg12621434#new