Here's a rare treat. Doctor Who Recruitment Thread.

Started by Vergil1989, March 15, 2012, 11:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil1989

Alrighty but this is the last non important post here since I'm sure someone might complain about us hogging up the Group Wanted area with all these OOC comments lol.  I will warn you all that click into this site I'm putting up since some of them might be questionable with their stupid adverts that pop up all the time.  Stick to the vids themselves as much as you can and you should be alright.  You might have to reload the pages a couple of times or find a new link altogether since they provide usually five or more different sites you can go to to watch whatever you're trying to get to.  There's far more than Doctor Who in this place if you go back to the main page.

http://watchseries.eu/serie/doctor_who
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Phoenixrisen

She's finally done! If you still want her. :-)

Name;Ayandra “Aya” Millicent Myles
Gender;Female
Date of Birth;December 17, 1989 (going on 23)
Planet of Origin;Earth
Race/Species;Human
Nationality;American
Ethnicity;Caucasian

Appearance;Aya is willowy. All long slender limbs, and naturally more to the pale side of things. She has long blonde hair, skin that only ever takes a light tan, when it doesn't burn, and eyes that hover somewhere between blue and green without being either. (See image for other features)

Abilities;Though she wished as a child to be capable of speaking with animals and taking to flight without outside help, none of those things came to pass. She is, much to her regret a good old standard human being.

Skills;Aya is quite handy when it comes to ranch work, has played midwife to more live stock than she cares to think about, and can use a hand gun and rifle better than most of the people she knows. At least when it comes to target practice. She's also a competent rider and good at cooking over a camp fire.

Equipment;Aya doesn't carry a great deal with her at any given time. Her basic equipment consists of a sturdy pair of blue jeans, a flannel shirt, and a comfy well worn set of work boots.

Personality;Steady and friendly, Aya is generally a calm person. Working with animals her whole life has left her a little naive to the way that people can be and rather candid, as the animals and those that she worked with didn't often get offended when one spoke their mind. She's likely to believe the best in people if given the chance, and isn't likely to question a plausible lie.

Background Information; Aya was raised on a ranch in rural Montana. To teach her the value of working, she had chores from a young age. It started with simple things, grooming the horses and polishing tack, and progressed from there. Knowing no other life as the school she went to was peopled with children that were from more or less the same background as she was, she was happy and didn't question her world. Everything changed the Christmas after she turned 18, having graduated early, she was in her first year of college, and because of a nasty storm had had to stay on campus for Winter Break. That's when she got a gift from someone claiming to be her father. That gift was a plane ticket to Cardiff.

When she confronted her mother and the man she'd always assumed to be her father about it, the truth came out. Aya had been lied to. Her father was a dangerous man, she was told bad things happened around him. When her mother had realized that she was pregnant, she'd left him in no uncertain terms, had come home, and fallen in love with the man that raised Aya. She'd never told Aya's real father that she even existed, but he'd found out. Her mother had agreed to tell Aya when she grew up. Let her make the choice if she wished to know her father or not, but Aya's mother hadn't been able to go through with it. In anger she took the ticket, dropped her studies, and went to meet Jack Harkness.

She was drawn in almost immediately by his easy going manner, and charming dimpled smile, but the man didn't seem old enough to be her father. When she tried to question him about it, he said nothing. Curious, she followed him one night and saw something she wasn't supposed to have. She was caught, and given a choice. She could forget the whole thing, or she could join her father in Cardiff after she'd gone back home and completed her schooling. She chose the later, and her schooling is finally over.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Vergil1989

'Salutes smartly before pressing the button to head into Torchwood HQ in Cardiff.'  Welcome aboard Miss Ayaandra Myles.  It's good to have you with us here in Torchwood.  We just received word that the Doctor has landed right outside.  Care to meet him?

In other words, you're more than welcome to join us all lol.

Torchwood Theme
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Lady Kitsune

If there is still a spot, here is my char.  Hope it fits.  :P

Name;  Reinette
Gender; Female
Date of Birth;  Unknown, appears to be in her mid twenties

Planet of Origin; No planet, Created on the SS Madame de Pompadour
Race/Species; Human and other unknown species
Nationality;French
Ethnicity;Caucasian
Appearance;

Abilities;  Reinette is mostly human but she has an innate ability to tell time.  She is a genius and can seem to fix about anything if she puts her mind to it.  She seems to be able to heal faster than a normal human where a cut would take days to heal, she can heal in a day.  She is resilient making it harder to hurt her but not so much that she can’t be hurt.  She can sense dimensional shifts and ports and has excellent memory.

Skills;  Having lived on the ship all her life, she is a skilled pilot and she only has to take things apart to figure out how to fix it and what is wrong.

Equipment;  A computer pad the size of a cell phone that  gives off holographic images.  She also carries a hammer space pouch that carries her tools which for some reason doesn’t always give her the tool she wants.

Personality; Reinette is a very lonely girl with an exuberance for life and the things around her.  She always wants to know how something works.  She smiles easily when people are around but when she thinks no one is looking, there is a quiet sadness about her.  Though she has an incredible memory, people can oft mistake her eccentricity for forgetfulness when it is more that the moment has passed.  When she is angry, it is incredible and fiery but it quickly fizzles out because she has such a forgiving heart.  Sometimes she says the oddest things that have no pertinence to the situation. Despite her hands on nature, she seems to carry herself in an almost regal manner and is very formal unless working on something that excites her.

Background Information;  Reinette is a clone of the original Reinette.  When the Doctor left the SS Madame Pompadour to drift into space, somehow the ship managed to reawaken.  Using DNA from Reinette, it set about to recreate her.  As the child grew to maturity, she learned to find a way to fix the Pompadour without giving her brain.  The dimensional windows created by the ship worked every now and then, providing food, but her interaction with any species was limited. 

She was happy in her own way but somehow she felt as if her true purpose was never fulfilled, that the time was not right and that soon it would be upon her.  She holds the memories of the original inside her and dreams of a man who can show her more wonders than she ever dreamed but he is elusive. 

One day she grew tired of her loneliness and using the dreams as a navigational point, she had she calculated a dimensional rift.  It was a risky venture and though she was everything to her ship, she could no longer bear the loneliness of having no other living companions except the clockwork androids of the ship.  She was as much a prisoner as its savior. 

Reinette set to sabotage the ship and when the window opened, she jumped through and into a fireplace in Versailles.  The window shuddered and closed forever. She did not look back and set on her adventure to find the man whose name whispered “Doctor” in her head.  First she had to get past the guards who suddenly appeared.  Apparently she was on historical property…whatever that was.
I am working on it, I swear!

Vergil1989

Now that is absolutely BRILLIANT!  Welcome aboard LK!

Lady Kitsune

Thank you!  8-)

Glad you like.  Will move over to OOC and all that.  :-)

Revenent

...Well, this is a sci-fi RP, so having two ship technicians on-board should be alright. ::)

Lady Kitsune

Quote from: Revenent on March 20, 2012, 06:32:41 AM
...Well, this is a sci-fi RP, so having two ship technicians on-board should be alright. ::)

Hrmmm, technically, she is not a ship technician.  She just knows how to fix things and as far as her knowledge is concerned, she has to take it apart to know how it works in a way if it is machinery.  She was born on a ship that needed her, so she made herself useful to keep her brain intact.  The ship's technician would more have a heart attack having found her tinkering with bits of the stellar drive or find her looking over his shoulder and pestering him with questions.  Also, there would be three, including the doctor.   :o

CurvyKitten

I'd be interested but it seems you have quiet a few girlies already. I guess I shall check back and see if it evens out a bit. As much as I love the female form, I'd hate to overwhelm our lone male...LOLZ

Revenent

Well, two if you count the Doctor...

Though let's not forget, has the modern Doctor ever had a male companion when there wasn't already a female one around?

Primarch

Quote from: CurvyKitten on March 20, 2012, 06:18:15 PM
I'd be interested but it seems you have quiet a few girlies already. I guess I shall check back and see if it evens out a bit. As much as I love the female form, I'd hate to overwhelm our lone male...LOLZ

Pish posh! Join in!

Ignis

I have a male also, I am typing his background now... It will get done eventually.

Vergil1989

I don't believe he ever has Rev lol.  I know from reading the wiki the old Doctor had a couple of male companions but never the new one.  He's always had a girl with him no matter what.  And I agree with Primarch lol.  Join up if you wish regardless of the score of males to females Curvy ;P

Ignis

Name; Sean Cassidy
Gender;  Male
Date of Birth; April 12th 7980
Planet of Origin; Unknown colony of the Third Great and Bountiful Human Empire
Race/Species; Sub Human
Nationality; American
Ethnicity; Caucasian
Appearance;
Abilities; Sean is mostly human and other than being slightly faster than your typical human has no special abilities
Skills;  Sean has forgotten more about firearms than some people have forgotten. He also has some practice with hand to hand combat, explosives, and computers. His right arm, both eyes, and parts of his jaw are cybernetic and as a result he is able to lift far more than normal and can switch his eye to the inferred spectrum.
Equipment; Sean always carries his trusty plasma revolvers, and always wears a brown leather duster. He also usually carries a wide assortment of explosives and other firearms.
Personality; Sean is a very laid back person for the most part. Allowing other people to go about their buisness without any trouble. He is however quick to stand up for something he thinks is right and has no problem going to blows over his beliefs. He does follow a code of honor however and refuses to kill an unarmed man.
Background Information; Sean was born on a colony of the Third Great and Bountiful Human Empire near the end of the 78th century. Not much is known of his early life beyond him belonging to a small cell of a gurilla band determened to over throw the goverment. During this time he learned one end of a gun from the other at a very young age and this knowledge has saved his life more than once. He was arrested on at least half a dozen occasions but excaped from prison every time. On one noteable excape a 16 year old Sean locked the chief interrigator in his own interigation room. Soon after turning 20 he was placed on the goverment's most wanted list and played cat and mouse with various law enforcement officals and bounty hunters for the next three years. It was during this chase that he "aquired a pair of matching plasma revolvers from the Chief Interrrigator who's company he had enjoyed so much.

Sean disappeared from any records around hs 23rd birthday, having managed to slip through the timezones and reappeared throughout the 20th and 21st centuries fighting on various sides. Sometimes he fights for the money but sometimes for a cause he thinks is right, however until very recently he never seemed to run into a real challenge. During the last campaign he joined to help free a small backwater planet from its tyrannical mechanical overlords he was seriously injured in an explosion. He lost his right arm and both his eyes to the explosion and barely managed to escape alive. He managed to get an alien cybernetic arm and matching eyes at a space station near the Sol system at approximately 2012. After recovering from his surgeries he learned of a doctor operating in the area and went looking.

Vergil1989

I doubt that we have space stations in our year unless you're talking about an alien outpost in our neck of the woods.  Otherwise you're good but I will ask any future applicants that you stay away from the more soldier route.  Doctor Who despite all of his faults is not a fighter persay since he never carries a gun and he's yet to kill anyone himself exactly with his own hands that I've ever seen.  Not the new Doctor anyway.  Everyone he's partnered up with do all the fighting sure in some form or another, but eh, I guess I'm just feeling a bit weird with all the soldiers I've been getting lol.  Just keep it in mind is all I ask.

Ignis

Ya I was talking about an alien outpost of some sort. Although I could change it so he tries to dock with the international space station. :P

Caela

SO interested in this!!!

Going to do a touch of research first but will be making you a CS soon!!!

Vergil1989

Lol it's fine as is Ignis and Caela, hope to see you soon.

Caela

Name: Innara
Date of Birth: Uncertain of the exact date, Birth year 2786, currently 812 years old
Planet of Origin: Earth, though she didn't remain there long
Race/Species: Half human/Half Weeping-Angel
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Appearance:
                         Height: 5'4
                         Weight: 125lbs
                         Body Shape: Athletic with firm muscles, a flat stomach, high, firm breasts, round bottom, lean legs that she makes look longer with heeled boots and shoes.
                          Distinguishing marks: Born without physical wings she has a large birthmark down her back in the shape of them. It starts just below her shoulder blades, where the wings would insert if actual, sweeps up over her shoulders, and trails down over the curve of her buttocks, with every feather outlined more clearly than the most realistic of tattoos. In the right light it can almost look as if it's hovering just over the skin instead of being a part of it.

Abilities: Unlike a full Angel she doesn't HAVE to feed on the energy of other living creatures but in fear or danger she CAN. In situations of extreme danger she may “freeze” and take on the appearance of a stone statue, this is NOT something she can do at will, but only happens when she is truly afraid for her life. She heals faster than a normal human, though not instantaneously, days worth of healing taking hours and severe damage taking days instead of weeks. She can be killed but barring that it doesn't seem that old age alone will kill her.

Skills: With a love for music she's an excellent singer, can play the piano very technically well (though with no real flare that could make her great) and learns the basic of many alien instruments when one catches her attention. She cooks well but many of the meals she makes seem quite odd to most as they often combine foods and flavors from the various worlds she's visited. She has a true talent for learning skills with weapons and is never without a blade of some sort on her person.

Equipment: Inarra has a wide collection of knives and swords from various worlds and cultures but most of them are kept in her own little cache's scattered around the galaxies. On her person she almost always has a knife concealed in one of her boots (if not both), or, if wearing a skirt, she will have holes in the folds or pockets of the fabric so she can reach a blade strapped to her thigh.

Personality: For all her skill with blades and her ability to steal the energy from living beings she actually prefers not to harm anyone. Inarra had an innate love of learning which keeps her moving from place to place, always in search of the next experience or discovery. She also has a strong sense of right and wrong and of justice and steps in to help when she feels she can. Often she is a kind, quiet girl but she can be chatty if approached properly or if she knows someone well. She also has a vicious temper once angered and can hold a grudge longer than most people live, but it take a lot to actually do more than annoy her.

Background Information: Innara's mother, much like Amy Pond, saw an image of a Weeping Angel on a video monitor. Unlike Amy, however, the Doctor wasn't around to save her. The only thing that kept her mother's transformation from completing entirely was the fact that she was pregnant and the Angel couldn't transform the baby entirely because she hadn't looked at the image. The changes the Angel did make in her mother before her birth however, changed her as well giving her both Human and Angel characteristics.
Once she was born however, the Angel finished her mother's transformation and Inarra never saw her again. Why she didn't steal all the potential energy Inarra, with her combined traits, must have had is Inarra's only clue that perhaps even Angel's, at least those that start as something else, can feel more than the need to feed.

As a child she was bounced around the American foster system until the age of 18. Few families wasn't to keep the quiet, introspective, child with her odd birthmark and affinity for knives; especially when two children, both who had tried to harm her, simply went missing. There was never any evidence that Inarra had harmed them in any way, but after that finding placements for her became particularly difficult.
Having learned of this ability the hard way, Inarra finds it to be a constant temptation. She doesn't need to take people's energy but that doesn't stop it from being the sort of rush that people throughout time have been willing to pay dearly for. Power and a singing joy filling her blood as she took everything those children could have been and made it a part of herself. It became a constant battle not to do it again, not to feel that rush, simply because she could. Recognizing how very wrong using such an ability on other was, particularly when she didn't need to, she has limited it's use to those times when someone was truly threatening her life. In such instances she considers all normal rules null and void.

With a thirst for learning and new experiences, and a pretty face that helped in interviews, Inarra left Earth as soon as she was 18. She began by shipping out on inter-gallactic cruise liners working as a simple maid or waitress and pocketing her pay away in various accounts throughout the galaxy. Apparently it became clear that she wasn't going to continue aging normally however, and, to avoid doctors wanting to experiment on her, she began bouncing from company to company and eventually began taking time out on worlds that were new to her, before finding another ship to travel on.

Over the centuries she's become quite skilled at stowing away, or seeming entirely innocuous on the ships she hires out on and, through some lucky investments, has enough money in various banks, under various names, that she rarely has to do either any long...though she will at times to keep her skills fresh. She's always found it amazing how those accustomed to wealth will speak in front of those they deem “servants” as if they had no ears at all and will sometimes take a job just to see what interesting information such fools will let slip...a habit that has garnered her no small amount of comfort as well since she's not above using such information for her own gain so long as no one will actually be harmed by her doing so.

Along her way she has collected stories, legends, and mysteries about the Doctor. She finds him fascinating in that he seems to span so many cultures on so many worlds. Some hailing him as a hero, other's naming him Destroyer, almost all spoken with a sort of awe often reserved for a Diety. For all the stories she's never actually come across him, though she hopes one day to, and wonders what he would make of her and her mixed background.

Vergil1989

Hello my Weeping Angel half breed.  Welcome aboard!

Caela

Thanks Vergil! Can't wait to play, am reading through the OOC and IC threads now. :D

CurvyKitten

Name; Evaneglina latin meaning good little angel But the Doctor took to calling her Eva
Gender;  Female
Date of Birth;  (Regardless of where or when you come from, everyone has a day they are born.)
Planet of Origin;Arcan system
Race/Species;  Arcateenians

Current body

Nationality;Russia
Ethnicity; Caucasian, tanned skin tone
Appearance;

Ecaneglina or Eva for short

Abilities; super-speed and strength, telepathy, and the ability to inhabit the body of a human.
Skills;
She has an amazing voice in either form she is in, a gift that got her caught and turned into a slave for showman.

A knowledge of the universe due to her forced travel in the show she was kept as a slave. She knows about many of the races and societies. Though earth is an odd thing to her as she was never showcased there. So her reactions and knowledge on human things is limited.

Languages, again due to her travel and her gifts from what she is. Eva has learned a great many of the languages held within the universe.

Dancer she loves the poetry of the movements, telling a story without speak. And though she loves music and singing dancing is a rare treat for her.

Her super speed and added strength give her a natural combat ability though she has never had any training in it.

Incredibly intelligent even if she doesn't seem it, one of the few things she was allowed to do while being held was read. And that she did, read anything she could get her hands on.

And for some reason she has an uncanny direction sense, always somehow knowing which way to go or how to end up where she meant to all along.

Equipment; Clothes on her back, supped up cell phone from the doctor and a credit card that can get her cash no matter where she is. All from the doctor.
Personality; Eva is in her own sense very strong willed, though only with the help of the doctor has she been discovering how much she can accomplish. Sweet in nature she is kind to most those that are kind to her, though hurt her or someone she believes as innocent and she'd never forgive you. Due to her being held she has a submissive streak letting someone else lead and speak up. Though the Doctor has been rather encouraging to be brave, strong and believe in herself.
Background Information;
Eva wasn't born on her home planet, no Eva came into being in captivity. Held by an alien man that only went by the name the Showman. He collected pretty things, strange things, rare things. And Eva was all of the above. Yes the small being would soon grow into being his best profit making venture he had ever found.

Years past and Eva came into her powers and herself, though the cage she was kept in always blocked her abilities and kept her from ever escaping. That is till the Doctor came upon her, his eyes grew wide and that smile that came to his lips. She still remember that smile, it brought her from her hiding place within her cage and up to speak with him. And to her astonishment he was a time lord. "Oh...I've heard of your kind. I was told they are all gone? Are you quiet sure your a time lord?" she asked holding up the tablet that held the stories of time lords she had read not long before then. Assuring her he knew what he was, and even more so that he knew what she was. He started asking questions, appalled that she had grown up in a cage. Grown up on display and never known her own freedom.

Well the doctor being the doctor simply wouldn't stand for that, he could never stand by and watch others be caged and suffer in such away. So he set out to free her, and the others the Showman had captive. It was an exhausting and long fight, and it was the first time Eva had ever stood up for herself...for anyone. Striking the Showman as he want to hurt the Doctor.

Quickly escaping with the Doctor she traveled with him, learning about who she was. Learning of her home and what had happened to it, learning of freedom and what it could hold. Things lick ice cream, which just so happens to be favorite new thing. You see the doctor crashed on earth trying to get to Eva's home planet. And having to spend some time there as he fixed the Tardis. He found her a body, a woman lost to a comma. Brain dead and no hope of coming back. He couldn't safe both but he could help Eva, so he instructed her on how to claim the body. And from there started showing her about the way the body works and different things you could do. Like eat, she loves to eat and try new things. So many yummy thing on planet earth she still has no idea where to start.

He worked on the ship, and helped show her the new world she had the freedom to explore. Promising to take her with him and show her anything she wanted to see. Of course Eva was more then happy to agree, all to excited to see the universe and all it's time.

But something went wrong, the Tardis started it's self up for some reason. The doctor barley getting back inside in time before it started to take off. He called her on the supped up phone he had given her, "Stay there....come on....I'll come get you I promise...I'll be back just stay there." he said before the signal cut out.

Eva stayed in that very spot for 2 days, waiting for him to return. But he never came, soon other humans took interest and said she had to leave. Had to find somewhere else to be. And this is where we find her, walking holding onto a phone, a credit card with limitless credit and only the clothes on her back. Walking with the sudden sinking feeling that she was very much alone in the very big universe.

Vergil1989

CurvyKitten

Yeah me typing while I have a head ache equals Typo queen. I'll fix that, I mainly wanted to get it out of my head before my muse gave in to the migraine that was coming.

Karasu

Hey Vergil as a heads up. I'm getting a tad busy for about 3 days,  If you want just drag maiden along. I'll post when I can ><
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.