League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

also:
Alpha stirke can now crit, and gets "minicrits" based on crit chance

SinXAzgard21

I love support... Just saying. 

Just got out of a game where for the first 20 we got destroyed.  I was support, my adc couldn't farm for shit, though they had quinn and vayne bot, top fed kong like a beast and their jungle was just sitting mid and top.  We had a Leona jungle, Taric (me), Vayne adc, Lulu mid and Zed top.  I finally gave up on bot and my ADC and started ganking with the Leona... Yeah, really think about that nightmare.  Stared feeding Vayne kills, I was beefed into uber tank mode our Lulu was like teemo on crack, Leona started hitting her shit and Zed was just there.  Came back from a 15 kill gap, took baron and proceeded to stun the hell out of them all.  It was a great game.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

apygoos

NEw Sejuani skin incoming for Russia

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: apygoos on June 23, 2013, 03:12:12 PM
NEw Sejuani skin incoming for Russia

The fuck, I want that skin too.

The Golden Touch

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

SinXAzgard21

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

ofDelusions

So, the next ultimate skin is udyr skin afterall. And its theme is just "Udyr, but better" which is bit dull. Looks cool though.

apygoos

Quote from: ofDelusions on June 27, 2013, 06:43:58 AM
So, the next ultimate skin is udyr skin afterall. And its theme is just "Udyr, but better" which is bit dull. Looks cool though.
as I called it earlier in this thread:
The fully realized spirit walker
and i am PUMPED for that skin, let the record know that i was jungling and playing udyr before it was cool without a skin.

Ryven

Quote from: ofDelusions on June 27, 2013, 06:43:58 AM

Wouldn't all legendary skins be that though?  It's not like a skin actually does anything to the gameplay, so what's the problem?  That fact that you said it is both dull and that it looks cool confuses me.  The only thing a skin is supposed to do is look cool.

Kaedia

I find myself surprisingly not impressed with Spirit Udyr. It looks good and all and I think they did a good job designing the model and went overboard designing the voices for it but what I find is... it's just Udyr or rather what Udyr's model should be. I'm not saying by any stretch the ultimate skin should just be a model update. More like if they took the base model from the ultimate skin and did the visual update champions (Trundle, Sejwani, Annie, etc.) have been getting with it I'd be happy with the ultimate. Pretty much just take the base model minus the frill of the ultimate and make that his base I'd be happy. It's like now Udyr has one good looking model due to an ultimate skin and his base model is left lackluster.

I dunno. Unless one of my friends ends up gifting me RP I won't be buying the skin since I don't play Udyr. If I actually played Udyr I'd probably get it since his Spirit model is so much better than his base model. I'll just have to be content with playing with it on the PBE.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

ofDelusions

Quote from: Ryven on June 27, 2013, 09:09:53 AM
Wouldn't all legendary skins be that though?  It's not like a skin actually does anything to the gameplay, so what's the problem?  That fact that you said it is both dull and that it looks cool confuses me.  The only thing a skin is supposed to do is look cool.

IIRC, ultimate skins were supposed complete reimaginations of the champion. Which this skin isn't. Its just Udyr with better/flashier spell effects, more closer to visual upgrade IMO. And I can't really think of any legendary that is "X, but better."

Blackfrost Anivia is Anivia corrupted by watchers. Aetherwing Kayle, Battlecast Cho'gath and Eternum Nocturne are Scifi versions of the champions in question. They all have clear theme to them that is different than "x, but better." I'd say that that applies to even all the non legendary skins as well that aren't just recolors, and those aren't even supposed to be "complete reimaginations of the champion in question.

So yes, the skin looks cool, but would have been better placed as visual upgrade (not that udyr needs that though), as Ultimate skin its just dull and unimaginative IMHO. Of course I don't play Udyr at all, so I don't care much either way.

apygoos

Quote from: ofDelusions on June 28, 2013, 07:04:39 AM
IIRC, ultimate skins were supposed complete reimaginations of the champion. Which this skin isn't. Its just Udyr with better/flashier spell effects, more closer to visual upgrade IMO. And I can't really think of any legendary that is "X, but better."

Blackfrost Anivia is Anivia corrupted by watchers. Aetherwing Kayle, Battlecast Cho'gath and Eternum Nocturne are Scifi versions of the champions in question. They all have clear theme to them that is different than "x, but better." I'd say that that applies to even all the non legendary skins as well that aren't just recolors, and those aren't even supposed to be "complete reimaginations of the champion in question.

So yes, the skin looks cool, but would have been better placed as visual upgrade (not that udyr needs that though), as Ultimate skin its just dull and unimaginative IMHO. Of course I don't play Udyr at all, so I don't care much either way.
I dont see how its Dull and unimaginative. This skin makes Udyr the fully realized Spirit Walker, compared to just one in training/figuring himself out. It's amazing to think that theyve been working on this skin since before they did work on Pulse Fire Ez [which i find rather lame, actually].

ofDelusions

Quote from: apygoos on June 28, 2013, 07:17:26 AM
I dont see how its Dull and unimaginative. This skin makes Udyr the fully realized Spirit Walker, compared to just one in training/figuring himself out. It's amazing to think that theyve been working on this skin since before they did work on Pulse Fire Ez [which i find rather lame, actually].

As I said, "Udyr, but better" which is what I find dull as theme for ultimate skin.

Shjade

On the one hand, I can see the argument that the skin doesn't really merit "Ultimate" as character re-imaginings go.

On the other, considering the only other existing ultimate skin is Ezreal as Mega Man, aka "Ezreal, but with a gun-arm," I think the "re-imagining" part is being overstated.

Ultimate skins are legendary skins with more hype so Riot can get people to give them extra money. That's all.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

apygoos

Ryven

I'm fuzzy as to who the 'her' is he's talking about.

apygoos

Quote from: Ryven on July 09, 2013, 01:17:16 PM
I'm fuzzy as to who the 'her' is he's talking about.
popular theory is Evelynn, before she was turned to the darkside of the shadow isles
as for what killed her, idiots say its Yorick because"if i have to kill them twice" line. But all of the Shadow isle folk are undead. My bet is Thresh or less likely Hecarim. I say Thresh because hes the only one in Shadow ISle lore that actively moves through Valoran selecting and stalking targets and torturing them before killing them and taking their soul.

Ryven

Quote from: apygoos on July 09, 2013, 01:30:35 PM
popular theory is Evelynn, before she was turned to the darkside of the shadow isles
as for what killed her, idiots say its Yorick because"if i have to kill them twice" line. But all of the Shadow isle folk are undead. My bet is Thresh or less likely Hecarim. I say Thresh because hes the only one in Shadow ISle lore that actively moves through Valoran selecting and stalking targets and torturing them before killing them and taking their soul.

Ahh, okay.  I don't pay much attention to the lore, but some bits like that intrigue me at times.  Probably right though since I believe the only other female from the shadow isles is Elise.

apygoos

its also possible that the dead wife isn't a current champion, much like Kassadin's daughter

Ryven

apygoos

Ryven

His abilities don't strike me as terribly original though I guess when you're up over 100+ champions, it gets harder to become so.

apygoos

its like..twitch and Quinn with a Graves E
his slow clensing though is gunna make alot of popular junglers currently a lot weaker, most especially Nasus, Nautilus, and Lee, even Zac's Q, and nunus snowball.
Thresh, Janna, and Lulu will also be hit pretty hard by that skill

Shjade

Lucian: Miss Fortune 2.0

No, seriously. Aside from the aesthetic similarity of dual pistols: targeted Q that pierces, mobility-altering AE (speeds him instead of slowing targets, but similar uses), channeled bullet time-esque ult that he can actually move while using, and he gets an escape which MF sorely needs.

It's like they looked at MF and said, "If we wanted to make this champion now, what would we do differently?"
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.