[NCHS] or [NCES] Sigil Prep / Dungeon Crusade

Started by kongming, November 28, 2009, 10:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kongming

So I've regained my vigour, and I'm sure I really could handle running a group game again. Especially if it's not super high level, and I enforce a hard limit for number of players. So here are some ideas, and I would like feedback from people interested in playing:

1. Sigil Prep:

Yes, I ran it for a while over a year ago. It was fun, but I just ran out of energy and there were too many people. So this time, it would perhaps be a little higher in level - around the 6-7 mark, so that sexier foes can be fought. Other than that, it would basically be the same - a high school comedy setting, influenced by anime, teen movies and the like. Complete with pillow fights, locker room activity and liberally applied corporal punishment. Female characters highly preferred, but I won't necessarily put my foot down unless the team ends up being a sausagefest.

I highly encourage use of stuff from the Gaming Den, because it's a fact that the monsters of D&D are built assuming you're playing casters, and fighter types are weaksauce. So I'd like players to take the stronger classes (such as the Gaming Den fighter replacements) so that I don't have to weaken foes for them. Want to play something weird or unique, or a monster as a race? Talk to me, I can make it happen. I'm happy to turn monsters into sexy monstergirls, too.

2. Dungeon Crusade:
http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=49873&start=0

Yeah, I made the whole thing, because I'm just that awesome. I'm thinking of running a few scenarios through in Assault tier, then if that goes well, upgrading to Siege tier. Sexual encounters will still happen, but it'll be up to the PCs to justify why it's okay to dabble in such delicious heresy.

Any interest?
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Hunter

Quote from: kongming on November 28, 2009, 10:59:45 PM
Yeah, I made the whole thing, because I'm just that awesome.

+1!   ;D

Count me as interested.

DeviantMunster

I might be interested... if someone assist me with character generation! I can probably (hopefully) figure it out on my own however.

kongming

DM: I'm more than happy to help out with character generation. Which game do you prefer, and do you have a character type in mind?

Hunter: I take it that's a vote for Dungeon Crusade? Or just a general statement about how much I rock? Likewise, have a character in mind?
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Kunoichi

*has always wanted to try Sigil Prep*

Hmm.  I think I could make a rather hilarious Wilder or Warblade character...  Perhaps a Warlock who transferred in from a school in Eberron?

Hunter

Quote from: kongming on November 28, 2009, 11:25:20 PM
Hunter: I take it that's a vote for Dungeon Crusade? Or just a general statement about how much I rock? Likewise, have a character in mind?

I could do either, actually.  Yes to the second.  Not yet (to the third).

DeviantMunster

I'm actually confused! Dungeon Crusade seems to have its own rules that I can follow... as for Sigil Prep, you mention DnD a lot. Is it DnD or... *ponders* I have 3.5. Is Sigil Prep the... new DnD? 4.0?

Obviously no character in mind! Yet.

Kunoichi

For Sigil Prep, basically imagine a conglomeration of every wacky High School anime you've ever seen.  Now set it to D&D rules (literally any edition) and imagine that it's set in Sigil, City of Doors, doorway to literally any place in the D&D multiverse.

kongming

DM: okay, DC is basically its own complete set of rules, using the 3.5 system (modified by the Gaming Den Tomes). Sigil Prep is a "joke" setting for light-hearted fun games of D&D 3.5 - but in this case, modified by the Gaming Den stuff.

Hunter: quite okay. We're still in the early stages.

Kunoichi: I dislike Psionics and am unashamed about it, but I won't actually say no. I have no complaints with the Warblade, and as for the Warlock, it's a little weak but I could probably throw some free stuff on top of that to make it all good - perhaps upping the Eldritch Blast damage and giving them a curse ability that makes bad (and hilarious) things happen to their curse victims.

Ons/Offs:

Kunoichi

Actually, rather than being weak, the Warlock would be best described as being about in the middle, power-wise.  With the right invocations and a little ingenuity, they can be useful in just about any party.

*would probably be a Changeling Warlock if she chose to play one*

kongming

Fair enough. Changelings certainly bring fun to the table.

And I decided, if you (or anyone else) pick Warlock, what to do: just make them a little more versatile, easy to use in many situations: all Invocations are Supernatural abilities (no ASF, no attacks of opportunity, no spell resistance, save DC is always 10 + half level + Cha), pick Cha+1 Cantrips or Orisons, you get them as bonus (Su) abilities at will for party tricks or whatever, and they also get the Witch's Curse as a (Su) at will:

Range: melee touch attack
Saving Throw: none
Duration: until the next corner of the day (dawn, noon, dusk, midnight), at level 10 this becomes "until the next full moon, in worlds without moons (like Sigil) that's just 30 days), at level 20 it becomes "permanent until Wished/Miracled".
Effect: select one:
*the target suffers 20% action failure on all actions
*takes a -4 penalty on all d20 rolls
*becomes fascinating to animals and vermin, who are attracted to the character within a 1 mile radius and are all determined to share the character's occupied space.

At level 3 onwards, gain these options:
*the target suffers 50% action failure on all actions
*takes a -8 penalty to one ability score
*all of their equipment instantly falls to the ground, even things that really shouldn't fall off. Even bags spill open.

(Yes, at level 3 you can go around making people's pants fall off. Because Warlocks are like that.)

Level 5+ option:
*the target suddenly ages, taking a -6 penalty to Strength, Dexterity and Constitution and has poor vision, gaining a -6 penalty to Spot and Search and treating everyone as though they had Concealment.

Level 7+ options:
*the target is rendered unable to speak
*enters a Rage but has a 50% chance of not being able to tell enemy from ally.
*they become terribly allergic to either Plants, Animals or Vermin (caster chooses), taking a -10 penalty on all attack rolls, Fort saves and skill checks when within 10' of one.

Level 9+ options:
*the target forgets a single class feature of the caster's choice
*is treated as having zero ranks in any of their skills
*a Centipede Swarm appears within their stomach and attacks, requiring disembowelment (50% of their HP or more) to remove. Every morning, another swarm will appear there. Oh joy. Replace with Hellwasp swarm at level 15+.

Level 11+ options:
*the target is rendered Blind and Deaf and also enters a Rage, charging in random directions and attacking whatever they bump into
*their clothing all animates (as per Animate Object) and tries to kill them.

Level 13+ options:
*the target becomes suicidal, attempting to find ways to end their own life
*is rendered unable to sleep, suffering all of the effects of sleep deprivation.
*their hands turn into Small Monstrous Spiders (with HD equal to the Caster Level) which immediately try to bite them until hacked off (dealing the damage of the injury to the target) and then slain. They then turn back into hands, but are detached. This will happen every morning for the duration, as well.

Level 15+ options:
*the target becomes Stunned or Nauseated
*despite all logic is targeted by a single Comet once per day for the entire duration. What are the odds?
*they contract a disease, and contract another one every morning they wake up.

Level 17+ options:
*the target suffers an Eternity of Torture effect
*their weapons turn into snakes (Half Fiend or Half Celestial, with +1 Outsider hit die per Caster Level) and immediately attack them, treating their natural weapons as though they had all the special abilities and enhancement bonuses of the original weapon. If it is a weapon of 3 Wishes, you can expect the snake to waste them, going "I wish I was out in the desert somewhere. I wish I had a pond of cool water. I wish I had a mouse. Yeeeeeeah, I'm so happy."

---

And for the record, yes, Sigil Prep will still be 50% curricular activities (school-mandated dungeon crawls), 50% extra-curricular - players going about and finding/making trouble, messing in the affairs of each other and NPCs, and so on. Expect the penalty for basically any rule breach, or for failing something, to be a spanking, some form of sexual indecency, or both. Possibly at the same time.

Ons/Offs:

DeviantMunster

I'm -so- going to need some assistance with character creation, me thinks. *blinks* So um, are wizards created normally per DnD rules or... *Rubs head helplessly*

kongming

Yes indeed, Wizards are created as per the normal rules, because they're quite powerful and versatile enough.

So we'll call it level 6, and with maximum HP for level 1, then half the die after (d4 = 2, d6 = 3, d8 = 4, d10 = 5, d12 = 6).
Ability scores shall be using point-buy: 32 points

Ons/Offs:

DeviantMunster

Question! Which are we going with. Sigil Prep? Or Dundeon Crusade?

*ponders* And mind explaining Sigil a little more? I mean, I know of the city but... what precisely will we be doing?

kongming

Well let's say Sigil Prep - there are two people interested in either (including you), and one specifically interested in Sigil Prep.

Okay, so basically there is a high school/college/university thing in Sigil, where youths go to study how to be adventurers (or monsters - many a BBEG has graduated with honours from there). The PCs are enrolled, and aside from enjoying regular student stuff, they will actually be sent out on adventuring courses. Usually these are not cases of taking on quests for the city/planes, but are specifically set up to be a challenge - hence why bizarre combinations of monsters are found.

A lot of stuff happens in the school itself, but you will also find yourselves going about in Sigil, as well as some of the various planes.

---

So, what kinds of help do you need to make your character?

Ons/Offs:

Jefepato

Dungeon Crusade looks kinda neat, but if I had to vote, I'd vote for Sigil Prep because it was freaking awesome.

I'd need to come up with a decent character idea, though...

EDIT: I've been reading the Gaming Den stuff and I feel a bad idea coming on.  KM, how would you feel about hacking the Conduit of the Lower Planes to be a bit more like the Fiend of Corruption PrC (from the back of Fiend Folio)?  For some reason, the idea of playing a novice soultaker cheerfully trying to sell her classmates on eternal damnation sounds like fun.

DeviantMunster

Curses! I was having similar ideas about that. But in any case, yeah, do you allow monsters in the game? I find it would be sort of amusing to have someone trying to learn how to be an evil baddie among her friends.

kongming

Jefe: I could probably whip something up, yeh.

DM: Certainly, just say what monster, and I can make it happen.

Ons/Offs:

Jefepato

Quote from: kongming on November 29, 2009, 04:55:41 PM
Jefe: I could probably whip something up, yeh.

I have a few ideas on how to make it work myself, although you obviously have more experience statting things up.  I'll PM you so we don't clog this thread.

DeviantMunster

Considering this is part funny, I have decided to make a... young and naive succubus! Just because *nods* Though I will refrain from making her a paladin so I don't totally tear up people's ideas of DnD! *ponders* I might make her a sorceress though. Assuming I can play her of course.

kongming

Sure. Do you want the full parcel and package Succubus (Outsider hit dice, the full stat boosts, spell-like abilities, everything), or just a watered down version that basically covers the general idea? The first one would more or less mean your first 7-8 levels are taken up with "Succubus", the second would be a basic race option with some alternate class abilities, feats and so on.

Ons/Offs:

DeviantMunster

I'd say a watered down version. That way she could be 'training' to become a full-fledged one! Or not, depending.

kongming

That works for me. In that case...

Succubus
"Suck-you-what?"
Type: Outsider [Extraplanar, Chaotic, Evil]
Size: Medium
Speed: 30'
Ability Scores: +2 Charisma

Skills: Succubi get a +4 racial bonus to Disguise checks

Wings: Succubi have wings, and can glide as per Featherfall. At level 6, they gain a Fly speed of 30' (Clumsy). At level 10 it becomes 50' (Average).

Kissy-Kissy: With a kiss (a grapple attack or a melee touch attack that does provoke unless a Feint is made), the Succubus can drain energy from a foe. This deals 1d10+level+Cha nonlethal damage, with a Fort save for half (DC 10 + half level + Cha mod). If the foe fails the save they become Fatigued for one minute. Doing this energises the Succubus, removing an equal amount of nonlethal damage and removing Fatigue/Exhaustion from her. She can also choose to use this every round that she has sex with someone. Doing this means they take a -5 penalty to the saving throw.

---

Alternate Class Features: (these are optional)
Level 1 Sorceress: lose the Familiar, instead gain Charm Person and Disguise Self as Spell-like abilities 3 times per day
Level 6 Sorceress: lose 1 level 3 spell slot (not spell known), instead bestow a Suggestion (Sp) when you use "Kissy-Kissy"
Level 8 Sorceress: lose 1 level 4 spell slot, instead gain Poison on your kiss: DC 10 + half level + Con, 1d4 Wis/1d6 Int
Level 10 Sorceress: lose nothing - you went this far without taking a prestige class! Deal 1 negative level when using "Kissy-Kissy".

---

Optional Feats:

Succubus Tail
You have a whiplike, pointy tail. You can do fun things with it.
Requirement: Succubus
Benefit: All Succubi have a tail, yours can be used though. It grants a +4 racial bonus to Balance checks, and can be used as a Whip that deals real damage and is not ignored by armour.
At level 10, it also stings people with the tip, dealing 4d4 Acid damage.

Combat Indecency
You fight in ways that are entirely inappropriate.
Benefit: While mostly or completely nude, you may add your Charisma bonus as an Armour bonus to AC.
Level 5: You may use "Kissy Kissy" as a ranged touch attack out to 30' by blowing a kiss.
Level 10: If a foe strikes you in melee combat, they must make a Will save (DC 10 + half your level + Cha) or drop their weapon as you make noises that suggest you enjoyed it.

Succubus Bloodline
Rawr
Benefit: you gain additional spells on your Sorceress list:
1 Command
3 Torrent of Tears
4 Crushing Despair
7 Mass Suggestion
9 Mind Rape

Special: if the feat from Fiendish Codex, "Otherworldly Countenance", is taken, all the above feats count as Heritor feats so you get the increasing bonus and uses per day.

---

What do you think?

Ons/Offs:

DeviantMunster

Sounds good! Kinky too~ *ponders* Suu... should I start making my character now? And what level?

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Come to think of it, I have a Kalashtar Wilder who I could probably level up to make her the appropriate level for this game.  She was made using 32 point buy and comes with her own plot hooks, although those can be removed if they don't fit in with what you'd like to try...

kongming

Deviant: feel free. Level six.

SLNH: I was going to say "Sorry but no, I already have four people." but then I realised you were one of them. Tricky name changes... anyway, I have no problem with you adjusting Rienn to the level and setting of this game. Feel free to use any of the books that have psionic stuff (and for the purpose of those "High Psionic Game Only" feats and all, assume it is, even though you're likely to be the only psionic character).

Ons/Offs:

Kunoichi

Yeah. ^^; I got my Christmas avatar and Name up.

Alright, so I level her up once, redo her equipment, maybe discuss potential plotlines with you...  And then she'll be done. ^^

Jefepato

Are we doing standard starting wealth for level 6 (13,000 gp), KM?

Hunter

I'd prefer Sigil Prep myself (thinking half drow sorcerer of some kind).

Jefepato

Quote from: Hunter on November 29, 2009, 08:24:22 PM
I'd prefer Sigil Prep myself (thinking half drow sorcerer of some kind).

It sounds like we're just about all going to be playing magic/psionic/special ability-types.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  I recommend we charm recruit some chump NPC to take point on our dungeon exams though.  Or just chain up a kobold and shove it in front of us.

Kunoichi

Eh.  We just need a good Cleric.  Heavy armor, the ability to get Divine Power at level 7 to take over for a Fighter, healing with a nice Wand of Lesser Vigor...

kongming

Yeah, 13K to spend on toys.

That idea is fine, Hunter.

If you guys feel that you could do with someone to get smacked around in combat, the school could provide a courtesy mook for you. She'll be a combat type who is lower level and not as awesome, and exists to stop enemies from shanking you while you do the important things.

And can I point out that an item of "CLW at will" costs like, 1,800 GP if it takes a slot (ring or gloves, for instance)? A trap of CLW can be made dirt cheap, but that's just silly.

Ons/Offs:

Jefepato

Quote from: kongming on November 29, 2009, 08:54:16 PM
A trap of CLW can be made dirt cheap, but that's just silly.

Not if you have necromancer enemies and really clumsy friends.

Kunoichi

Silly... unless you're a KOBOLD! >:)

But yes, otherwise it would be quite silly.  Hmm... how much to get a pet Living Cure Light Wounds, though?

kongming

Hmm, it's like the item except it could possibly get killed... call it 1,000 GP, but you can only have one. I don't want the party surrounded by glowing orbs that constantly touch them back to full health.

Seeing as Cure spells are Conjurations, thus presumably creating new skin and stuff for the injured (or teleport-stealing them from farmer Joe back home), it will occasionally have a kidney floating in it.

Ons/Offs:

Hunter

Quote from: kongming on November 29, 2009, 09:08:09 PM
Seeing as Cure spells are Conjurations, thus presumably creating new skin and stuff for the injured (or teleport-stealing them from farmer Joe back home), it will occasionally have a kidney floating in it.

"Who's kidney is that?"
"Dunno, let me check."
;D

Kunoichi

Ah, Living Cure Light Wounds. ^^ Where you can pet it to get back 1d8+caster level(max 5) hit points, or regain the same amount each round if you give it a biiiiiiig hug.

*gets out her ECS to stat one up*

Alright, so it seems that a number of its stats will be determined by its caster level. ^^; Also, technically Cure Light Wounds isn't a valid spell target for the Living Spell Template...

kongming

Quote from: Santa's Little Ninja Helper on November 29, 2009, 09:18:25 PM
Also, technically Cure Light Wounds isn't a valid spell target for the Living Spell Template...

It is now.

Ons/Offs:

Kunoichi

Hooray! ;D Then for stats determined by its range, I'll treat it as being Close, alright?

And... CL 5, since that's the maximum benefit we can get from Cure Light Wounds anyway?

*notes that this will effect both the number of hit dice and the strength of the Spell Resistance of the Living Spell*

DeviantMunster

*totally understands almost nothing of what they're talking about*

kongming

Yeah, Close and CL 5.

DM: it's... a magical blob that will follow the party around and cast healing spells when touched/when it decides to bump into people.

Ons/Offs:

Kunoichi

Like I said, DeviantMunster, you can pet it to receive the effect of a Cure Light Wounds spell, or give it a hug to get one each round. ;D

Living Cure Light Wounds
Medium Ooze
Hit Dice:
5d10+0 (30 hp)
Initiative: -1
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 10 (-1 Dex, +1 Deflection), touch 10, flatfooted 10
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+3
Attack: Slam +3 melee (1d4 plus cure light wounds)
Full Attack: Slam +3 melee (1d4 plus cure light wounds)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Engulf, cure
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/magic, ooze traits, spell resistance 15
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +1
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 8, Con 11, Int --, Wis 8, Charisma 11
Skills: --
Feats: --
Alignment: Neutral

This amorphous mass of golden light burbles happily as it spots you, flowing forward to receive a hug.

Combat

A Living Cure Light Wounds is a mindless creature that attacks simply and directly, engulfing its prey and endeavoring to cure it to death.

Cure Light Wounds (Su): A creature struck by a Living Cure Light Wounds' heals 1d8+5 points of damage.  This healing applies when it is struck by the Living Spell's slam attack and for each round in which it remains engulfed in the Living Spell's body.

Engulf (Ex): A Living Cure Light Wounds can simply flow around a Medium or smaller creature as a standard action. It cannot make a slam attack during a round in which it engulfs. The Living Cure Light Wounds merely has to move over the opponents, affecting as many as it can cover. Opponents can make opportunity attacks against the cube, but if they do so they are not entitled to a saving throw. Those who do not attempt attacks of opportunity must succeed on a DC 11 Reflex save or be engulfed; on a success, they are pushed back or aside (opponent’s choice) as the Living Spell moves forward. Engulfed creatures are subject to the full normal effect of a cure light wounds spell, (see above) and are considered to be grappled and trapped within its body.

Ooze Traits:
Mindless: No Intelligence score, and immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
Blind (but have the blindsight special quality), with immunity to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning.
Not subject to critical hits or flanking.
Proficient with its natural weapons only.
Proficient with no armor.

Jefepato

And, preliminary character sheet done.  Guess I made her more evil than I expected to, but I'm reasonably confident this can still be funny.

Hunter

Chloe Milev

That game sounds so fun.  Next time Gadget...

*Pets kitty with clawed hand and blasts away*
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Kunoichi

*would actually be more than happy with a five-person group*

Although, I guess kongming might want to keep it small... ^^;

kongming

Okay, I'll draw the line at a team of five. I suppose, given the lower level, it's not so difficult to DM for.

Do you have an idea in mind, Chloe?

Ons/Offs:

Chloe Milev

Nah, I won't join right now; I'm good.  I'll just watch.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Chloe Milev

Well, maybe I can't resist.  I just remembered the Ghaele eladrin I didn't get to play.  Could I use a 6th level version of that from Savage Species, or just like a 6th level favored soul with Ghaele racial thingies?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Jefepato

Hm.  KM, are ghaeles [Awesome]?  They don't seem as unreasonably overwhelming as, say, a dragon or a tendriculous, but they've got a boatload of at-will SLAs, their caster level as clerics is higher than their CR (WTF), and holy crap keep that gaze attack away from me!

The idea of outsiders from opposite sides of the planes being forced to adventure together in school is hilarious, though...

kongming

Yeah, Ghaele's have the [Awesome] subtype.

So you could either do it the Savage Species way (and we'll fudge it later on when SS starts penalising them hard. Early on they're okay with the Ghaele), or go:

Outsider [Ex, Chaotic, Good]
Medium
Tongues effect always on
+2 to either Str or Wis
Magic Circle Against Evil (can switch it on or off)

---

Ghaele Favoured Soul:
Level 3: Lose Weapon Focus, gain SLAs at will: Aid, Comprehend Languages, Cure Light Wounds
Level 5: Lose Energy Resistance, gain Gaze

---

Feats:

Eladrin Casting Power
I'm so magic, I shit wizards
Requirement: Eladrin
Benefit: add the following spells to one of your spell lists:
1: Colour Spray
3: Hold Monster
5: Wall of Force
7: Prismatic Spray

Glowing Sphere
You can turn into a ball of light. Other people can't.
Requirement: Eladrin
Benefit:  You can shift between humanoid and globe forms as a standard action. In humanoid form, you act normally. In globe form, you can fly (30' (Perfect)), use light rays, and use spell-like abilities, but cannot cast spells or use the gaze attack. The globe form is incorporeal, and you have no Strength score while in that form.

5 HD: you can fire laser beams in globe form, with a mandatory "pew pew" noise. They reach out to 200' away, and require ranged touch attacks to hit. You can fire as many as your BAB allows, as they are attack actions. The light rays deal 1d6+Cha in Light damage, ignoring all Damage Reduction as normal for an energy type.

10 HD: you may add your Charisma modifier as a Deflection bonus to your AC and Resistance bonus to saves in globe form, and the light rays deal 1d12+Cha in Light damage. You are also partially globelike when not in globe form, as you gain a Lesser Globe of Invulnerability in humanoid form.

Ons/Offs:

Kunoichi

Edit: Actually, never mind. ><;

Sorry everyone, but I'm going to have to drop out.  I'm in a few too many roleplays as it is, and my schedule just got much busier...

Chloe Milev

Cool.  I think I'll try out the Favored Soul.  They're pretty powerful in the long run, but end up with half HD and 3/4 caster level (which is still pretty good for not actually being a cleric).

So it's 36 point buy, level 6, 13000 gold.  Any traits or flaws from Unearthed Arcana?
Plus, I'm planning on taking that Cure Light Wounds at will ability, so I can heal us up after fights.  What's the power on that gaze?  Starting low like the Savage Species (5 ft, up to 1 HD), then moving up as I level?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

kongming

No traits or flaws, no.

The gaze is the full-power gaze, though with the usual disclaimer that it can't be used twice on the same person in the same day. Because you're already level 6, you'll mostly only be getting Save vs Fear out of it - there won't be too many fights against 5 HD critters.

SLNH: I understand. Stay sane!

Ons/Offs:

Jefepato

I thought KM said 32 point buy.  (Not that I'll complain if I'm wrong about that -- I could use some more Dexterity.)

And keep in mind half the party is evil before you start fear-gazing everything!

kongming

...thank you for catching that, Jefe. Yes, 32 point-buy. But otherwise correct - level 6, 13K

Ons/Offs:

Chloe Milev

So there's some spells that are only available as a domain spell (like Distilled Joy, from the Joy domain in the Book of Exalted Deeds).  Would I be able to pick any of those up, or could I do something like the alternate Sorcerer in Complete Champion, where I know one less spell at every level, but pick up one domain's power and spells?
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Jefepato

For that matter, distilled joy doesn't have the [Good] tag and appears entirely permissive about how the subject attains their blissful state.

Does this mean you can distill the joy from someone who's blissed out on, say, substance abuse?  This is important.

kongming

You can do the alternate Sorc thing, yeah.

As for joy... bliss is easy: my painkillers can grant that. Hell, a really good cup of tea can. I think joy is supposed to be a spiritual thing though. So naturally I say "arseholes to that" and we'll make it just require bliss in any form. Which is more fitting for:
A. High school/uni
B. A sexual game

Ons/Offs:

Hunter

As much as I'd like to play, I can't really find the time or interest to create a new character.    Please count me out (sorry).

Jefepato

Damn the luck.  That leaves us with what, three people?  Do we need to go on a recruitment drive, or will three do?

Chloe Milev

Well, here's the teenage version of my Ghaele eladrin, Luchael

And I just discovered using the Elluiki to post Teen Luchael!
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

kongming

You take care too, Hunter.

Jefe: it can be run with three players, but a fourth would be ideal, yeah. Your character sheet looks fine, by the way.

Chloe: looks good!

Ons/Offs:

Jefepato

Quote from: kongming on December 02, 2009, 04:50:01 PM
Your character sheet looks fine, by the way.

WRONG!

I forgot to add my synergy bonuses from other skills to my Diplomacy total!  What an unworthy fool I am.

CirclMastr

If you need a fourth, I'd be interested.  Any rules about Artificers (like being banned) I should be aware of?
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

kongming

Reading up on the Artificer would involve having to download an Eberon book, and Eberon never gave us anything I liked. And from what I've gathered, the Artificer is kind of lame as a base, but has the strength of "flip through all the books to find loopholes to drive trucks through", and I don't want something that has the choice between being crappy and being utterly broken.

So I'll have to say "no artificers". If you want to make stuff, just play a Wizard or whatever and take craft feats or something.

Ons/Offs:

Hunter

Darkforged Dove

Right. So, Kong mentioned this to me, so I'm thinking of a few ideas.

There seems to be a desire for a tank.

I'm thinking a cleric, with minions that can tank. Say, an armored Ettin skeleton?
Pretendy fun time games is good, but I tend to want as much of the real, original and undiluted as possible. A paradox, I know.

Jefepato

Man.  Reading the Gaming Den stuff leaves me with a ton of things I want to try.  Too bad I'm already happy with the character I've got.

And having skeletons to throw in front of enemies is always nice (really, is our entire class evil except for the one celestial?), but aren't they practically redundant, tank-wise, when you're already a cleric?

Chloe Milev

So, uh...  is this thing still on?  *tap tap*
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

kongming

Sure is, just waiting for Dove to get back to us with a character sheet, Circl to say if he's still in (and get an idea finalised) and DM to complete a character sheet (and I'm still happy to help there if needed).

Ons/Offs:

CirclMastr

Speaking of character ideas, I was looking at the classes and saw the Defiler of Temples PrC.  Naturally my first thought ran to defiling nuns, vestal virgins, etc.  Any way I can do something like that?
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

kongming

I have no problems with that. So, do you want to be a Defiler of Temples who happens to defile temple-dwellers, or do you want a modified PrCl that is specifically geared towards that sort of defiling?

Ons/Offs:

Jefepato

Hm.  If you want to make it defile temple-dwellers, KM, might I suggest:

- Change the Knowledge (dungeoneering) requirement to, I dunno, Bluff or Diplomacy or something
- Change "slain" to "had sex with" in the Special requirement
- Change find traps to suggestion, and make it bypass the immunity granted by protection from evil/good/whatever
- Change desecrate to chastity undone, which is like morality undone except it instead subverts the subject's sexual hangups, aversions to partners of other alignments, and any sacred vows that would stop them from doing the deed.  I'm pretty sure morality undone isn't subject to protection from evil because it's not a charm or compulsion.  This works in tandem with the suggestion by changing what suggestions are against the subject's nature.

Also, the SLAs probably shouldn't be at will, or at least the subject should be immune to the same effect for 24 hours if they save.  (Maybe divine casters of diametrically opposed alignments/gods/philosophies should take a penalty to the save?  I'm not sure if that breaks anything.)

kongming

Indeed, they seem like reasonable changes.

Also, I may need to go prod some people to see if they still exist.

Ons/Offs:

Katina Tarask

Quote from: kongming on December 02, 2009, 07:45:51 PM
Reading up on the Artificer would involve having to download an Eberon book, and Eberon never gave us anything I liked. And from what I've gathered, the Artificer is kind of lame as a base, but has the strength of "flip through all the books to find loopholes to drive trucks through", and I don't want something that has the choice between being crappy and being utterly broken.

So I'll have to say "no artificers". If you want to make stuff, just play a Wizard or whatever and take craft feats or something.
Actually, even just on its own merits, the Artificer class is pretty badass.  It doesn't become too much more broken through super super digging that the Wizard (read: It becomes really fucking broken), and even with light skimming, you can do some really cool and effective stuff.  It's definitely still Big Five, and if you really do your homework, it could well be the strongest of the Big Five, but the distinction does become fairly meaningless, and you need a degree in accounting to really squeeze 'em for all they're worth.

But then, I'm of the school that Eberron is filled with more awesome and win than every other setting WotC has ever put out combined.

Anyways, is there still room hereabouts?  This seems like one of the few places where a werepenguin might actually be appropriate, so I may as well try my luck.  May take some fiddling, since penguins are an absolutely godawful base form for a lycanthrope.

Edit: And more importantly, would you consider the Carnal Blossom discipline and Ecchinobi?  Perhaps giving up all weapon and armor proficiencies for Unarmed Strike progression, a la Monk/Unarmed Swordsage?  Or perhaps just tacking the discipline onto the Swordsage and swapping Swordsage abilities over to charisma, perhaps at the cost of a feat, and perhaps in exchange for one of the other Swordsage schools, since I'd rather have Carnal Blossom as a lighter supplement than go full-on tentacle-rape-fu?  That may include a shift to some other race besides werepenguin.  Maybe catfolk.  Or even something mundane.

kongming

Okay, I've received enough interest in the past few days that I'm going to foolishly run it for two groups. At the same time. I won't have this spread into a giant free-for-all, but I can swap people around from time to time, at least.

So, with that in mind, Katina, there is now room. Even if I disagree with you on the value of Eberron.

You can take the Echinobi and swap the proficiencies out for unarmed, or you can take a Sword Sage and simply swap one discipline out for Carnal Blossom. Either works for me.

As for were-penguin, I'm not sure how well that'd work. Perhaps it'd be better to just go Hengeyokai and have a penguin form, as that's basically the same (given other Henge options are similar creatures that won't eat your face) and won't cost you any levels.

Ons/Offs:

Katina Tarask

Fun times, fun times.  I'll just go with Silverbrow Human (Dragon Magic) now that naughty-fu's been approved; I want the bonus feat.  Though a penguin would just involve taking the werepenguin from Frostburn and using it as the base creature for lycanthropy.  It gives absolutely no stat bonuses and is perhaps the worst possible lycanthrope form in the game (well, actually, crazy-high ECL forms are probably worse).  But it's funny.

Silk's sheet is coming along.  I didn't get word on whether it's alright to shunt Swordsage abilities over to charisma (possibly at the cost of a feat); the sheet currently assumes 'yes,' but of course, the sheet can change.  It's not really much of a benefit; it's just more appropriate.  And, if I can shunt Swordsage abilities over to charisma, would that include things like the save DCs for my Shadow Hand maneuvers?  I plan to have some of those be a kind of extension of the naughty fu in their implementation.  Like Strength Draining Strike functioning through inappropriate touching.  Then again, her normal unarmed strikes are based on inappropriate touching.

And I dropped Setting Sun to get Carnal Rose.  I also swapped out their discipline skills, removing Sense Motive from my list and adding Perform (Sexual Act).  I trust that's alright.

Since Silverbrow Humans are descended from silver dragons, and silver dragons are icy, any objection to Silk's Burning Blade (and any future Desert Wind maneuvers she might take) dealing cold damage instead of fire?

Custom magic item request!  Mighty Wallop's from Races of the Dragon and increases the damage of a bludgeoning weapon (like, say, unarmed strikes) by one size category.  Standard magic item rules for a continuous effect are 2000g*CL*SL, double on a minute/level spell, so for a continuous Ring of Mighty Wallop, that's 4,000g and gets me from 2d6 to 3d6 unarmed damage.  Is that alright?

Do we have to worry about basics like rations or anything like that?

Lilian

Hello. >.>  I just wanted to state my interest in playing this game. Erm, if anyone could suggest some interesting books.. I'm going to check out the gaming den. I'm far from being a stranger to 3.5 D&D, I've just stepped away from it for quite a while!

Just wanted to, you know, get my foot in there. Still trying to imagine a character of sort.

I'm also sort of used to the more vanilla races and classes, for the most part - it seems that people are throwing around some very interesting terms. @.@

Katina Tarask

So many totally awesome feats that I want... makes me wish I could go Fighter gestalt.  Oh, well.

Anyways, Lil, looks like we have a favored soul, a swordsage, a potential cleric, a drug pusher, and a few more.  Since magic is fun, I'm gonna suggest magic, with a side of (possibly homebrewed) naughtymancy.  The Book of Erotic Fantasy, Nymphology, and particularly the GUCK would be good places to look.  Her DMness seems quite generous in the creation of races that are actually playable, and earlier encouraged modding monster races into sexy monster girls, so you could crack open any monster manual and look for something that would be kinda cute if it weren't a fifty-story monstrosity oozing with pus.  A couple folks are playing PC-ized versions of very high-level outsiders.  Succubi are pretty much par for the course.

Perhaps something like a PC-ized mephling mage (Tantrist) for a little size-play fun?  For more fun, add in a mephit familiar/lover.  Like, maybe her failure twin sister!  I'm sure the sheer awesomenity would be enough to knock down the minimum level to get a mephit familiar by one.

Alternately, a warforged tantrist is never a bad decision. :P

kongming

Warforged anything is always a bad decision.

Katina: swapping to Cha is fine, including DCs and stuff. No problems with changing Fire to Cold. No need to worry about rations and stuff, and yes, you can have a worn item of always-on Mighty Wallop. Maybe they're boxing gloves, maybe they're "Spank Me" knickers.

Oh, and mephits are awesome and cute.

Lillian: yeah, run any ideas past me.

Ons/Offs:

Katina Tarask

Hm... Mind if I shuffle item slots?  Boots of dexterity rather than gloves, hand wraps for the Mighty Wallop effect, and that ought to do it.

And I'd also like a masterwork tool for Perform (Sexual Act).  Basically, a little charged strip wrapped around her finger that vibrates in fun ways when Silk channels her ki just right.  Also, comfy panties as Hide tools and nice socks as Move Silently tools, if that's not too silly. :P

And with that, the sheet should be pretty much done and ready.  I also added a 'disciple' who very much enjoys 'training' in Silk's 'techniques.'

Lilian

Okay, I have six ideas.. I havent gone into classes yet, this is just ideas.

Also, 'animated clothing'. Does that have any reaction to anyone? I saw three strips of silk slip off a person I played with once.. well, they went back in somewhere and did _AMAZING_ things.

Well, I've.. no idea what you all are talking about. Favored soul? Warforged Tantrist? Who's doin' what with the funny bunny now? XD

I do ever so love monster girls, too. I was thinking about playing some sexy orc or goblin, maybe even a halfling. Being a high school, I'll have to alter the idea a bit to be more.. uh'm.. anime/hentai?

What sort of spellcaster would be useful, though? All these characters sound like they'll be warming nuts than casting fireballs. XD

Jefepato

Quote from: Lilian on December 15, 2009, 11:12:26 PM
What sort of spellcaster would be useful, though? All these characters sound like they'll be warming nuts than casting fireballs. XD

It only seems that way because the phrase "drug pusher" doesn't adequately convey that my character can also shoot lightning in a variety of flavors.  Every character currently in the works is fully capable of dishing out violence (or will be if appropriate spells are chosen).

If you're looking to play a spellcasting class no one has already taken, druid or wizard are your best choices -- if kongming is crazy enough to allow something as broken as the druid, that is.  :P

Chloe Milev

Quote from: Lilian on December 15, 2009, 11:12:26 PMOkay, I have six ideas.. I haven't gone into classes yet, this is just ideas.

Ideas are good.  Mechanics can always come later to back them up.

QuoteWell, I've.. no idea what you all are talking about. Favored soul? Warforged Tantrist? Who's doin' what with the funny bunny now? XD
Well, if a Cleric is like a divine Wizard who prepares spells, a Favored Soul is like a divine Sorcerer, who just has this natural, spontaneous connection to their deity.  And I get bonus spells for being pretty (well, Charismatic).

QuoteWhat sort of spellcaster would be useful, though? All these characters sound like they'll be warming nuts than casting fireballs. XD

Well, I think we've got blasting, healing, and some fighting with me and the Swordsage, so I don't think we're in particular need for anything.  So you could do anything you're interested in.  I suppose something with rogue skills could be good for field trips to dungeons, but we can always blunder into traps instead.  A Beguiler from Player's Handbook 2 has some skills, as well as being a very manipulative person at school.

Of course, I could always be wrong about what we need.  You can just do whatever sounds like the most fun.
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Katina Tarask

Wow, Lil, you are out of the loop. ^^U What books do you even have?

Favored Soul is essentially a spontaneous, charisma-based Cleric, as Chloe said.

Warforged are sentient PC constructs from Eberron.  Basically magical robots.  They are totally awesome, despite KM's distaste for all things Eberron. :P

A Tantrist is a class from the Book of Erotic Fantasy.  They learn and cast Wizard Spells, but their bodies are their spellbooks and they recharge by having sex.  The joke being that Warforged aren't generally equipped for such a recharge.

And orcs, goblins, and halflings aren't exactly what we're talking about when we say 'cute monster girls.'  Think more along the lines of a PC-ized minotaur or naga or barghest or mephit, adapted to PC status and sexified as a monster girl.

I'd suggest something more exotic than a goblin druid or something, though.  That's just kinda boring for Sigil Prep.  Maybe a PC-ized nymph Druid, probably with casting shunted over to charisma?  Or crack open Magic of Incarnum or Tome of Magic for something out there, like a Totemist (weird, complicated, and totally awesome) or a Binder (magic through making pacts).  Or, since there's nothing wrong with two Sorcerers, the mephit sisters.  Or a PC-ized rakshasa Wizard.  Or something more extraplanar and/or weird.

Then again, there's not really a true Rogue type, near as I can tell.  Crack open Complete Adventurer and Ninja (it's a ninja) could be fun.  Shunt abilities over to charisma and trade something for unarmed strike progression and she could be a rival for Silk.

There's plenty that can be done, but it'd help to know what you like and what sources you even have access to.

@Jefe: I can't find a link to your character sheet, so 'drug pusher' is really all I had to go on.

Lilian

I played a lot of games over OpenRPG, hon. If it wasn't PHB, then PHUCK JOO GET OUTTA MAH REWM! So I didn't have a lot of chances to explore out of the basic sets.. and everything else I've ever done has been far more freeform, or improvised in system.

I have an awesome picture of a very sexy minotaur woman, yes. And I do ever love nagas. I've played a couple of gargoylesses. I'm probably not going to be amazing when it comes to all the planar stuff - I only had basic access to it. Mew. And that was.. what.. 2nd Edition?

As far as resources go, consider me "None now, but I can dig up what I need" if pointed in the right direction for references.

Ninjas are fun.. hm..

Katina Tarask

Ninja/Warblade minotaur who sneak attacks with a large platinum fullblade!  Yeah!

CirclMastr

Why do I have the feeling that I'm going to be playing the only human in the game?

Katina Tarask

Silk's mostly human.  With some silver dragon blood.

CirclMastr

I'm going to have to resist the urge to say "Want a little human in you?"

Of course, given the PrC I'm going to take, some people won't have a choice in the matter.

Jefepato

My character is human as far as subtypes are concerned, and that's what counts   >:)

Katina Tarask

Isn't someone playing a succubus?  If not, maybe Silk should be one.  Or perhaps part-succubus.

Jefepato

Quote from: Katina Tarask on December 17, 2009, 10:42:40 PM
Isn't someone playing a succubus?

I thought DeviantMunster was, but she hasn't posted in a while so I don't know what's going on.

Also, the 1/8 of my character that isn't human is succubus, not that it actually matters.

Delta Echo

*peeks in, curious*

This sounds totally awesome, and I'd ask if there was room, but I feel I'd be totally outclassed by the RPing and character-awesomeness quality of the people here...
O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"

Katina Tarask

Hm... it'll hurt losing the bonus feat, but succubus is tempting.  *Checks the stats from earlier.*

Oh, glorious GM, is there any chance we could tack a racial bonus to Perform: Sexual Act checks?  I doubtt suppose Combat Indecency and the shunted-to-charisma Swordsage AC bonus would stack, but I'm checking anyways (and I wouldn't pick it up this level, and maybe not even at level 9, anyways, since flaws are out and there are so many other must-have feats).  Any chance of getting a Succubus feat that applies charisma to AB, in lieu of Weapon Finesse (a la Intuitive Attack from BoED)?  Perhaps to the effect of...

Alluring Touch
It's easy to hit when they want you to touch.
Requirement: Succubus, +1 BAB
Benefit: With unarmed strikes and natural attacks, you may use your charisma modifier instead of strength on attack rolls.  If you carry a shield or wear armor, its armor check penalty applies to your attack rolls.

Lilian

Okaaaay, so I'm prolly thiiiinking, maybe a minotaur wooooman.. XD  Probably a fighter, though some crazy ninja or such would work, too, if you'd ever fancy such an idea. And to help in the process.. a piccie!

http://h1.ripway.com/Vacuusimago/1186805862465.jpg

Katina Tarask

Word from the wise.  Core D&D hates melee.  If you're ever going to mid-levels, then 'Fighter' really means 'Warblade,' because Tome of Battle classes actually scale and get better abilities with level (ignoring the scant handful of Fighter builds that do advance meaningfully).  If you need help working out how Tome of Battle classes work, talk to me.  I can walk you through it.  It's not particularly complicated.

I'm not sure what the DM's going to do for a PC minotaur, but I'm pretty confident in guessing a strength bonus will be involved (and I hope Powerful Build is involved), so with a +2 item, 22 strength is perfectly reasonable, which is on the order of 'a lot.'  So I'm also going to suggest getting ready for a specific prestige class.  Complete Warrior, page 30.  Exotic Weapon Master.  You can't take it until level 7, but one level of it can get you 2x strength damage rather than 1.5x when using... pretty much a bastard sword or a dwarven waraxe.

So, I suggest a level 6 Warblade (Tome of Battle), with Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Dwarven Waraxe (or bastard sword if you prefer, though an axe probably fits better), Weapon Focus: Dwarven Waraxe, and at least three ranks in Craft: Weaponsmithing to qualify for Exotic Weapon Master.  That leaves one feat open, plus your bonus feat (probably Improved Initiative).  For that, I suggest Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Platinum Dwarven Waraxe.  I'm still looking for where platinum comes from, but it's a weapon material that requires Exotic Weapon Proficiency to actually use, but increases damage by one die step (so, 1d10 to 2d8 for a dwarven waraxe).  It also costs an extra 7,000g, IIRC, but if you take full ranks in Craft: Weaponsmithing and maybe pick up some masterwork tools, you can cut that to a third by making it yourself.

That should get you one pretty badass beater.