Interest check: "Sub-city"

Started by Zayaah, June 14, 2008, 05:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayaah

(( i hope i don't go into too much detail with this, this is soposto be the shortened story, but going into detail is a crutch of mine when in situations like this. I'll cut it as short as i can...^---^ i apologise ahead of time if i fail in the task. ))

I'm planning a futuristic/fantasy/full-relm game. It involves elves, dragon-kin, and Chimera, though they go by the name, Ryoe--the explanation is in the intro. There are no humans, it sort of pivots from the idea that the humans are gone, mostly dead, some hiding, and the elves, dragon-kin, and ryoe inhabit the world in their stead, * after, of coarse, having wiped them from dominance.*

It is in the really far future, so far in fact that the sun has turned into a "giant red," and the surface world is uninhabitable from both the heat from that, and the nuclear toxins which still pollute the air--remnants from the human's failed attempts to save themselves with nuclear war. The vast majority of the rp is done in the cave-system of the under-cities.

The realm is cut into sections.
* The scientists are the ones trying to revive the surface world, get rid of the nuclear waste that prevents people from living it, as well as trying to figure out how to live in the heat of the large sun, and making the cave world easier to live in, in the mean time.
* The surfers. Called sky surfers, they surf the tunnel winds, as well as the thermal winds. There is a sport called Broqua involved in that, but I'm not going to go into great detail with that, or I'll overkill it. I'll just say the sport is one of the elements of the story.
* Citizens. Its as it states, people who neither want to be scientists nore surfers, the vast majority of the population. They go about their lives, doing as they wish.
* Criminals. Black-market, undercity, they do gambling and dirty surfing tournaments of their own. Lots of interesting stuff that i wont go into.

Sexual scenes: Welcome, expected, free for interpretation, but not center point.

Violence: Do as you wish, its a free world, and while in the real world violence is frowned upon, people do it anyway. Its to be expected, and this game is soposto be as real as any world.

The amount of players the story "needs" is ambitious, i would be insane to think i would get it right away. I'm hoping that with development more people will join in and all the slots, or at least most, will be filled, but for this introduction into the site, i only expect about a handful to join.

Expectation from players: its a free world, do what you want, go where you want, be what you want.

(( crud, that's still really really long...oh well, i did my best.

If anyone has questions or doesn't undersand something, then of coarse ask. I would perfer if you didn't mail me about it though, ask on the board, that way if others have the same question it'll already be answered right there.))

RogueJedi

I'm interested in hearing more, if you want to share.  I like long drawn out things, even if I haven't been around as much lately.

Darthvegeta800

I might get involved depending on the involved chars and focuspoints of the rp.

Zayaah

Its a broad idea, maybe too broad, so its difficult to explain, but I'll do so the best i can. Its meant to be like  a mini realm, there are four different arias for people to join--the scientists,the surfers, the citizens, and the criminals--with a different main plot for each aria.

The scientists are trying to figure out easier ways to live in the cave city, as well as looking for a way to fix and live in the otherwise uninhabitable surface world, and the even more imposable task of trying to figure out how to save the sun from its impending supernova. They are super geniuses, so they would know things that humans couldn't dream, so it would be possable if anyone could think of some otherwise imposable way to do it.

The surfers are the ones that took to the sport of sky-boarding. The plot there is the simplest one, but the one that i have most organized. The goal, bluntly, is to win the grey moon tournament.

The citizens plot is the most difficult one, because its such a broad aria that its difficult to place a singular plot to it.

The criminal's plot is the most up-for-interperitation one. Get the most power, get the most money, get the most people, because those clans who are lacking in one or more of those arias are eliminated by the more powerful ones.

Darthvegeta800

Ooh i understand the basic setting and it looks like it has potential.
Just depends on who else will jump aboard. And what subplots will be chosen.

Zayaah

I'm not expecting a whole lot with this first board, I'm hoping that with time and development though that it'll grow to its potential.

RogueJedi

I'm still interested, for when there are a few people.  Just don't want to overstress myself either.

Nephili

Just got a chance to look this over, it does sound interesting... Put me down as intrigued, but waiting to see how it fleshes out before committing to anything. ^_^

Zayaah

Strong Angel

Sounds great!  So, are you looking to create a "prologue" to get a feel for your world? And do you have any guess as to time frames (start, duration...  not to hold you to it, but I wouldn't wanna commit & then bail if I knew better)?
"You often find your destiny on the path you take to avoid it"
     - Chinese Proverb

Intro ~ O & O ~ Wiki

if (! meat.eaten() ) { you.canHave[pudding] = false); }

Adere

I'm in if more people show up! sounds awesome! ;D

Zayaah

I do have a prologe intro already typed up. I was advised against placing it up raw for risk of driving people away--its long--so i figured I'd ease into it, get some people interested before i placed it up. I intended to put it in the board which would actually hold the rp though. Is it too soon to make it? i don't really know how things at this site work yet, do i wait a while longer before i make the rp board?

Nephili

Well, I'm pretty new myself, but just off the top of my head, you'd probably want to start an OOC thread first, give people a bit more specific idea how things are going to start out, so we can create our characters and such ^_^

Edited for spelling failure

Adere

The prologue could be placed in a beginning thread for those that are more so interested and you can place a link here for us to find it and check it out further aswell.

Darthvegeta800

Hmmm there is in any case interest for your plot. So should be fun.
If you start it, i'll probably go for Dragon-kin.

Zayaah

So I'm to start an ooc thread for people to make up there characters and get better acquainted with the idea? do i place the prologe there?

Nephili

Heh, well, it's your game, anything we say is ultimately just a suggestion... how do you feel most comfortable setting it up?

Zayaah

Maybe so, but there are still proper ways to do things, and i don't know all that yet, so asking questions is what I'm most comfortable with. Could i just make the rp board and leave it for people to find and join? Is there a better way to do that?

Darthvegeta800

Might i suggest 2 threads. An rpg one and an ooc one.
For now just make the OOC one and we'll discuss things.

If you have a lot of players several 'location' threads linked to certain player combinations/subplots.
If you have few work with one thread.

It also MIGHT be useful, if you want bios to have an additional thread just for the bios. As OOC threads can become quite spammed. To set things up and brainstorm technology, setting, starting adventures, romances, familiy-links, problems, requests, pasts and futures we should start an OOC thread and when we're ready you can make us an rp thread.

However as Nephili astutely pointed out. You're the GM and thus the brain of the game like the players are the heart. It's in the end your call. If you think you'd find it easier to work in another system that is your choice. There is no 'bad' way if it works for you.

Zayaah

A few threads for different things, that makes sense. I could link them threw a hyperlink list on the OOC thread. For the moment i only see use for an OOC board, profile board, and the actual rp board. How it develops will determine the add-ons.

I'm tired, so i'll go to bed now, but i'll get to work on that tomorrow.

Darthvegeta800

Alright link us here when you've made the OOC. ^^

Zayaah

Darthvegeta800

Zayaah

Alright, here is the OOC:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=17119.msg663193#msg663193

Here is the Character form:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=17121.new#new

And here is the actuall rp location. Suggestion-- read this first, that way you understand more before you attempt to make your character, and if you read this first, then any question you may have may be answered. If its not, then ask it ^---^

Also, its long, as i'v mentioned, but i think its good...my oppinion may not meet others, but...meh.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=17125.new#new

Adere

-saves for a time that she has more time to read all of it- lmfao