Games I would like to play...

Started by Serenity Vixen, December 06, 2007, 09:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serenity Vixen

I would really like to find a superhero game. It could be something Marvel-esque, or the first of a new breed in evolution like in the tv show "Heroes", or anime-ish magical girls. I would just really like to play in a game based around a superhero group, if anyone is interested in running one, or in playing one with me anyway :)

Another game I would like to play would be one based off an anime called "Outlaw Star"
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Dingo

Robguy who seems to be on a hiatus now, has already asked for people who are interested. I think there was a pretty nifty group around there.

Serenity Vixen

Add to my list a modern occult type scenario, along the lines of the tv show "Supernatural"
Or an intrigue/spy thriller along the lines of James Bond  :P
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Swedish Steel

I already run a game like that, though all my players are playing lazy buggers atm. Could always holler if I get an opening for another player.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Serenity Vixen

Serenity Vixen

My games seem to be unpopular *Sniff*
But I will add another idea...

I would like to play one based off the anime "Full Moon Sagashite" Where I would play a young girl ((Site rules, 16 ok ? :P)) who has a year to live and gets her wish granted by the Shinigami who are sent to ease her passage into death...

Maybe to cutesy and silly, but if it sounds interesting to anyone, let me know. I really need a GM for any of my game interests as I can't do that lately :(

Creeper

Erg.

Arg.

Curses. You've tickled me thinkin' meats.

I've got an idea for the Superheroes game if you're still interested. For a small group, even.

Though it would sorta be a cross between Heroes and the Morlocks of X-men fame. Powers would be as much as a bane as they were a boon.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Valerian

Supers game?  Mm.  Why can't I ever resist these?  If this does turn out to be for a small group, I'm interested...
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Serenity Vixen

I am interested to hear more, but I did find a couple of Superhero games to sate my thirst with :)

Still, I am interested in hearing what you have to say :)

Creeper

Here's the VERY basic idea.

Modern setting. People with powers are very rare, and when they do appear for any reason they are quickly pressed into military service to their country.

A branch of the U.S government devoted to study of metahumans and the secret history of the earth. They discover a strange alien device which they think guided earth's evolution. They take it to a lab in a small town in, say, Vermont, and begin to run experiments on the device.

But something goes wrong. The device releases a pulse over the town, mutating everyone and everything in it. Where once the metahuman population was in the double digits, there are now hundreds.

Naturally, this won't do. A day later the government carpet-bombs the town, locks it down and capture or kills any surviving mutants in the town.

But in the day between the pulse and the assault by the government, many mutants escape into the country. Most flee to a much larger city for medical attention, but find government agents waiting for them. They gather together and head underground, trying to figure out what went wrong. The media and surrounding population are freaking out, trying to figure out why their government decided to wipe out an entire town.

Some mutants manage to escape their captors, and bring word to the underground community that the device is being held in the city above. A small faction gathers together to retrieve it. Maybe if they can get the device, they can turn themselves back into normal humans... or give themselves even more power.

That's my idea in a nutshell.

Serenity Vixen

I have to admit this is a very interesting idea. The room for plot development and political intrigue...
I'd like to get a couple more players involved, if that is ok with you, but I have to admit, I really like what you have come up with :)

Would this be using a game system or freeform?

Creeper

Freeform, but if there's great call for a paticular system I will use it.

Serenity Vixen

Valerian

Fine for me, too, if I'm allowed to join in.   :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Creeper

NO YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED!  >:(

Just kiddin'. Happy to have you along, Val.

I should note that there will be few mutants who can easily pass as human. Maybe with a bunch of clothes, sure, but everyones been knocked ahead a few million years of evolution. I'll make a character sheet if there's more interest.

Valerian

*cries*

....oh, wait, you were kidding.   :P

So what sort of general look were you thinking?  Or will that depend on the power(s)?  And power level will be an issue, too...
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Creeper

Entirely random and up to the player of course. I was thinking along these lines:

Ether 3 features that could be concealed (strange hair or eye colour, kitty ears, claws that are small, a small tail or horns,

Or 1 major feature that is very difficult or impossible to conceal (Large tentacles, Strange skin colour, some bizarre effect around the person)

Edit: As for powers, I was thinking two or three seperate ones. Scale is what you'd normally see in an X-man show.

HairyHeretic

I was running a fairly freeform one, Necessary Evil, but it kinda stalled after the first episode completed. Earths superheros pretty much all get wiped out in an alien invasion, Earth gets conquered. Earths greatest supervillian announces no one is conquering the world except him, and starts a supervillian resistance movement. Quite fun.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Serenity Vixen

That is interesting. In that situation, I could see remaining Heroes banding with the Villains in that resistance, creati9ng all kinds of possible intrigue :)

HairyHeretic

Yup, they do. Unfortunately after the alien ambush, only 2-3% of Earths heros are left. Having to fight alongside someone you may previously have fought against makes things .. interesting.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Swedish Steel

To bad that. I talked about it with Hairy some time ago, and I thought it sounded insanly fun. :)

On Off page:

HairyHeretic

If people are interested I could probably restart it. I run it freeform, just based on the RPG.

I'm actually running it with a group at my local game store. The cast consists of a Liche, a speedster (does Mach 1 running, and is immune to kinetic damage, so runs into things a lot) with a nicoteen fixation, a pair of transforming robots (Beast Wars Waspinator and Megatron, more or less), a cowardly tech genius, and one guy with just a collection of good powers (there's one in every group  :D ) rather than a full on character concept.

Turning invisible in a tunnel when someone is running at Mach 1 is a recipe for trouble mind you  ;D

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Swedish Steel

Heh, quite tempting. I do love my villains. :)

On Off page:

HairyHeretic

The threads are under Weird, Small Games if you want to go look what has gone before.

Edit - Here's the original game proposal thread as well

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9685.0

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Swedish Steel

I just might. But now...to the Bat Bed!

On Off page: