Stranded, Extreme Pathfinder

Started by Jaded, September 08, 2015, 11:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

Name: Taavia Ironkettle
Race: Dwarf
Class: Fighter (Drill Sergeant archetype, if possible)
Level: 1
Orientation: Sexually naive.
Character Sheet: The Lady Taavia, guardian of Princess Kalia, faithful of Bolka

Bio: Taavia hails from the Dwarven fort-city of Khaddegarm. The daughter of a miner and a brewer, she ad what you might consider a "typical" dwarven upbringing. Her parents made sure to not spoil her, despite being their only child. and to ensure she didn't feel too pampered,they made sure to enroll Taavia into militia training as soon as she was old enough to be considered woman (around 26 or so). Taavia didn't mind. In fact, she performed so well at the stocks and even in the field (damned kobolds...) that she earned a reccomendation for the academy

The one problem is... kaddegarm wasn't an especially fluid society, and female inductees into the Military Academy faced the "adamantium ceiling." Try as she might, Taavia never advanced very far. True, she wasn't the best of her class, but surely she deserved a better assignment than the color guard to some snoozy priest who traveled back and forth between Khaddegarm and the nearby human nation of Revost! Revost and Khaddegarm had been peaceful neighbors since the former was a mineshaft and the latter was huts on a riverside! What use was an envoy there?

But, in hindsight... if it hadn't been for this for-show appointment, Taavia would have neve met the Princess. Kalia Tiraleen, the daughter of the King of Revost and his half-elven queen Marille. Taavia knew better than to act on it, but she was smitten wit hthe other woman' grace, aplomg and the occasional show of authority she had. What taavia didn't know was that the notice was returned. When the offer was extended to add her to the Princess' retinue of Maiden Guards, how could she refuse?

The voyage was meant to be a simple diplomatic excursion; the Princess, her entourage, and a few diplomats andGifts for the wedding of a potential ally. Seafaring is rough, but not so rough as seafaring in a storm. Sadly it seems that Taavia's companion guards were weaker swimmers, or simply of poor luck; she alone crawled onto that flotsam-wreathed beach, spitting seawater and aching all over. But she's certain the princess made it as well. And it's Taavia's charge to find, recover, and protect the princess at any cost. it can't be just empty hope, can it?

Smut
Non-consensual (Exotic): I prefer it to still be sexy. Not a big fan of "degradation" so if you can spare the hillbilly coblins with stench lines wafting off their junk, that'd be nice  :D
Body Transformation: No problem, for the most part. Rule One; I'm not wanting to play John Carpenter's The Thing. Two, ridiculously huge parts aren't sexy, they're just ridiculous.
Pain/Light Torture: Not a problem.
Bondage: Not a problem
Animals: No bugs. Strong mammal / draconic preference, if the occasion arises
Impregnation: Not a problem. Also no issue with giving them out (what with hte possibilities of body transformation...)

eBadger

Added some details to Aria, and also put up my Prostitute-Paladin as a second character option.  I'd much prefer to roll with my birdie, but I wanted to present a non-special-unicorn character as well. 

VonDoom

For what it's worth, I also prefer the unicorn birdie.  :P

Not to mention that I just thought of an interesting wager. ' If you can manage to tie me up so I can't get free, you can do what you like for the eve. But if I do ...'  O:)

>:) >:)
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Sain

Part finds rope. Do they build shelter for the night? Noooope! Rope is for bondage.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

VonDoom

Uhhhm, looking at the actual DC of 23 o_O ... nevermind.

O&O

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

VonDoom

Jaded already said no to psionics. Crazy rolls, though! More in line with what I'd expect with the dice rolling setup given.

O&O

Muse

Meena Grail, hot headed and compasionate Paladin of Iomedae in the works.  I'll tell you more about her as she develops. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CJeZbwa9Vpz83G5tNuI-4NEHu8FISIid4i1hqORKu3I/edit?usp=sharing
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

VonDoom

Ah, Muse, my apologies, I made a mistake earlier -- Jaded denied 'Psychic' characters, as in the from the new Paizo release, not 'psionic' characters. Those haven't been clarified. Sorry.  :-[

O&O

Muse

*Smiles*  All good. 

I put forth a paladin, but wtih these stats I could also make a really fun wilder or psion as an alternative.   

I'd love some feedback on Meena now, epseiclay her breif history. 

Chulanowa

Updated Tavia, added her sheet, etc. Turns out a fighter is more hardcore than you might think

VonDoom

Am I mistaken, or was she a Paladin before?

O&O

Chulanowa

I hadn't decided on class, so I had "Fighter, Paladin, or Cavalier" listed for class :) Since Muse is going Paladin (and dwarf paladins are harder in PF than WoW...) I decided to go fighter.

Jaded

Quote from: Muse on September 11, 2015, 07:17:12 AM
(Is the psionics stuff allowed, Jaded?)

Probably not on the Psionics.

Once again, let me know if I've missed anyone.  I will probably end up making a decision Sunday or Monday. 

VonDoom: Human Barbarian
Hexed: Half-Elf Druid
Sain: Catfolk Sorcerer
eBadger: Strix Skald
ChaoticSky: Catfolk Psychic or Oracle
ExisD: Human Alchemist
Nazora: Human Cleric
Loki Aesir:  Elf Slayer
Chulanowa: Dwarf Fighter
Muse: Human Paladin

VonDoom

Quote from: Muse on September 11, 2015, 11:19:30 AM
*Smiles*  All good. 

I put forth a paladin, but wtih these stats I could also make a really fun wilder or psion as an alternative.   

I'd love some feedback on Meena now, epseiclay her breif history.

Well, if you want feedback, I'd put those 4 extra points into DEX and WIS instead. A clumsy Paladin with a WIS penalty is kinda ... well, worrisome. Also, she shouldn't have a wand, since we only get weapons and armor.

Edit: Fixed, was getting Paladins mixed up. eBadger was the one with the Prostitute Paladin. Sorry. ^^;

O&O

Chulanowa

Well, Paladins don't actually use Wisdom for anything. In fact it actively hinders them - a paladin with a good wisdom score would have the good sense to be an inquisitor instead  O8)

Buuut yeah, when you have 4+2 points to throw around?

+3 points into dexterity; you're not likely to have a big suit of armor at any point in this game - and it's not likely to stay on you if you do  ;D So get what little dex boost to armor class you can.
+1 point into Wisdom - it's useless, but when the occasion comes to use it, -1 is better than -2
Human +2 into Strength or Constitution. You don't need more Charisma, but hitting things and not falling over when they hit you is always good.

I would personally go for Toughness over Fast learner; Same Hit Point boost, in a bigger bundle, and you can still get your favored class bonus energy resistance when you level.

Aaaaand I kinda hate to be "that guy" but "Extra Smite" doesn't exist in Pathfinder. Nah, they decided that Lay on Hands is the class feature that needs enhancement with feats (and to be fair, you get some nice oens, especially worshiping Iomedae...) Downside? You don't get Lay on Hands until level 2, so the earliest you can take enhancing feats is 3. Instead, maybe consider weapon focus, power attack, or fey foundling?

Sain

You could argue that wisdom actively hinders adventurer career in general ;D Anyone in their right mind would just not go out there wearing a kingdom's worth of gold to get adrenaline rush from a near death experience.

ChaoticSky

Filling in my sheet now, Jaded, is the Lunar Mystery okay? (OGC but not PRD)

eBadger

Quote from: Chulanowa on September 12, 2015, 05:00:39 AM
Well, Paladins don't actually use Wisdom for anything.

Paladin RAW seem to assume a somewhat wool-headed celebrity warrior rather than a dedicated priest-Knight.  More Joan of Arc than Templar. 

Quote from: Sain on September 12, 2015, 05:02:24 AM
You could argue that wisdom actively hinders adventurer career in general ;D Anyone in their right mind would just not go out there wearing a kingdom's worth of gold to get adrenaline rush from a near death experience.

Dunno, have you SEEN what happens to villagers?  There's always some goblin raiders, vengeful dragon, megalomaniac necromancer out for your corpse...sigh.  And all the jobs are being automated these days.  A peasant just can't compete with the efficiency of a golem or unseen servant. 

Chulanowa

Frankly given the threat posed by the common housecat, it's amazing that commoners ever live to become adventurers.

Sain

Quote from: eBadger on September 12, 2015, 02:19:05 PM
Dunno, have you SEEN what happens to villagers?  There's always some goblin raiders, vengeful dragon, megalomaniac necromancer out for your corpse...sigh.  And all the jobs are being automated these days.  A peasant just can't compete with the efficiency of a golem or unseen servant.

Damn I need to see a setting that focuses on the implications that D&D/pathfinder mechanics have on the average citizen in cruel detail ;D A proper dystopian reality where lvl 1 peasants are the great oppressed minority that basically sit around in refugee camps hoping to get their daily share of the everfull mug's bounty that some kind adventurer left them.

Muse

OH!!!!  We get to add 4 points?  I TOTALY Missed that!!!! 

*bounces and dances!* 

I would personally go for Toughness over Fast learner; Same Hit Point boost, in a bigger bundle, and you can still get your favored class bonus energy resistance when you level.

Hm?  What extra hit points?  I used Fast Learning for skills.  :P 

now if EPH were allowed, I'd be grabbing Open Minded.  Then I'd have some skills.  :) 

Jaded

VonDoom: Human Barbarian
Hexed: Half-Elf Druid
Sain: Catfolk Sorcerer
eBadger: Strix Skald
ChaoticSky: Catfolk Psychic or Oracle
ExisD: Human Alchemist
Nazora: Human Cleric
Loki Aesir:  Elf Slayer
Chulanowa: Dwarf Fighter
Muse: Human Paladin
Blinkin: Human Ranger

Quote from: Blinkin on September 12, 2015, 06:02:21 AM
Is there room for one more? Thinking a ranger just for the survival skills that they're so good at.

Question about equipment. I like to use durable arrows from the OCG's equipment list. They are more expensive (A GP each), but it makes it esier to keep the count up when few people use down time to craft new ones and it takesso long to make them by the rules. Is that ok?

I am still accepting applications, though will only be accepting six characters for the first wave unfortunately.  Though if that goes well I may try and add a second wave fairly quickly.

The arrows are fine.

Quote from: ChaoticSky on September 12, 2015, 02:10:36 PM
Filling in my sheet now, Jaded, is the Lunar Mystery okay? (OGC but not PRD)

I'd prefer not if there is a different mystery you'd be willing to take, but if it is key to the character I guess is fine.

Chulanowa

Wizard? Gunslinger? Summoner?

...A Spellslinger Wizard who specializes in conjuration?

Muse

Aaaaand I kinda hate to be "that guy" but "Extra Smite" doesn't exist in Pathfinder. Nah, they decided that Lay on Hands is the class feature that needs enhancement with feats (and to be fair, you get some nice oens, especially worshiping Iomedae...) Downside? You don't get Lay on Hands until level 2, so the earliest you can take enhancing feats is 3. Instead, maybe consider weapon focus, power attack, or fey foundling?

Hey, you're right.  No extra smite.  I'll try to fix that. 

do we have +4 to our stats?  Or 4 +2s?