War Machine Arena: Intrest Check

Started by Urbanzorro, May 28, 2010, 07:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

IC

2076- Several government scientists from around the world come to an agreement. Mankind's actions have irreversibly damaged the Earth's ecosystem. And it is only a mater of time until the Earth's surface is no longer capable of supporting human life.

2078- After two years of analysis government experts from several UN nations create a time table for the upcoming collapse of the ecosystem, estimates place the collapse in the year 2241 give or take 10 years.

2079- Several UN nations begin working on a new project to preserve humanity by colonizing space, the first colony is scheduled to be complete in the year 2115, roughly 116 years ahead of the coming cataclysmic events.

2093- Development of the first space based human colony is announced as being ahead of schedule, and it is expected that all preparations will be complete before 2109

2097- Record setting storms begin to appear around the globe, the average air temperature begins to plummet; the experts were wrong

2098- 5 multinational corporations announce the existence of  "Layered" a state of the art subterranean colony privately, and secretly constructed to allow the human race to survive. They declare it is complete, operational, and open to all their employees as well as a select portion of the population. These five corporations are Viacorp a U.S. based weapons developer distinguished for producing cutting edge weaponry, Eurocom the European Union's leading communication technology provider, Universal Robotics a Japanese based company on the cutting edge of modern cybernetics, and robotics, Water and Power a utilities producer specializing in highly efficient 'green energy' production, and Sianar Industries, a worldwide leader in construction and engineering.

2100- With the global situation deteriorating at a breakneck pace several Governments demand that Layered be opened to the general public. All 5 corporations refuse, in response a multi-national task force is deployed to 'liberate' Layered, the task force moves on Layered 3 days later and is met with armed resistance, in the form of automated defenses and several private military contractors who have been hired to defend Layered in exchange for a place within it. Equipped with top of the line hardware the corporations' forces easily repel the task force, seven more attacks are made against Layered throughout the year, each one is less effective then the last.

2101-The last family enters Layered, All private contractors working for the 5 corporations are recalled into Layered,  Layered's doors close and are sealed shut from the inside.

2105- The earth's surface is almost totally unlivable almost all governments on the planet have collapsed. A rouge Chinese general launches three strategic nuclear weapons at Layered in a final attempt for revenge. All three missiles are shot down by Eurocom satellites armed with Viacorp anti-missile weapons, and controlled by Universal Robotics' automated pilots.

2109-All life on earth's surface is now dead, Layered represents the only know life on planet earth.

2150- Today:the 5 corporations have maintained control of Layered, they are in a constant state of competition with one another, seeking to both control more of the population, and increase profit margins. Each corporation maintains a large mercenary force which acts as their standing army, it is not uncommon for armed conflict to arise between each corporation's forces. The population of Layered are kept in check through the use of strict laws, a cast system, birth rate control, and massive public entertainment events. The largest of which is the Mercenary Tournament. In which each corporation may send between 1-2 of it's own mercenaries to compete with one another. The winning Mercenary is given a fortune, as well as promotion to gold citizen status(the highest status possible). The losing mercenaries are lucky to leave the arena alive.

OOC

ok....So this is my idea for a group role play that is a mixture of sci-fi, gladiatorial combat, and reality tv show. Each player will play a competitor, all the competitors will be living in a large house together, where they will interact while not in combat. When in combat players will fight against one another, as well as against what ever unique challenges I can cook up. Characters can be either male or female, and of any race/ethnicity. They will be able to pilot any vehicle that fits into one (or more than one) of the categories that I will designate a bit further on.... In an effort to help people get interested in this I'm going to attempt to foresee a few questions that you may think of as you read this.  So here we go.

What can I pilot?

Tanks.

Bigger and Stronger than what is in existence now, but otherwise the same as they always have been.

Choppers.

Helicopters,  VTOL craft, ect.

Battle Suits.

Roughly the size of a tank, if said tank had legs

As far as the specific look of any of the vehicles, I'm leaving that 100% up to each player. I don't care if it hops around on one leg with a tail. :D (which would be kind of awesome to see a picture of...)

How it will work?

Well if you've read this far I'm guessing that you're at least a bit interested, and with that in mind I'm betting that you're asking yourself "well how does he intend to decide who wins and who loses when two players are up against one another and they both want to win?" Well the answer is simple...I'm going to use a system to figure it out....DUM DUM DUM.....but wait! Don't go just yet....If you're like me then this would normally be the turning point where your muse goes from 'interested' to 'oh God take it away!" but if you humor me for a little bit, and just keep reading I'm willing to bet you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Ok....I'm still reading, why won't I hate the using system part of this game?

Well the simplest answer...because you won't be using the system. I will, and even then it will be quite sparingly. The system will only be used it in two situations. The first being if two players characters are battling one another and both players want to win. The second is if one or more players are battling one of the NPC opponents that I cook up. And even when the system is in effect....you won't see hide nor hair of it. Other than me simply posting who will eventually win on the OOC thread. ALL of the actual action will be free form so long as the players get to the correct end result.

The ONLY real system work that you'll have to do is assigning your stats during character creation, after that....from your perspective this won't be a system game. The system itself is my own unique creation, and I've tested it extensively. To the point that it is currently being used to run another group game here on E(The Fate of Kilo Platoon), and hasn't had a problem yet.  Assuming that you're still interested please read on...

Ok, you've still got me...will this game be about sex or combat?

YES! lol...it will be about both, and more ideally it will be both about the thrill of fighting one another, and about the relationships and personal interactions that can occur when you have several people competing for one prize and living in the same place.

How will this game work logistically?

Logistically speaking; I'll be creating an OOC thread, for general OOC-ness as well as win/lose announcements ect. In addition to this I'll be creating one thread which will be the living quarters/place for non combat interaction. And 3 different arena threads, where battles will be fought. Each arena will have its own personality and be a benefit  to certain type of vehicle, neutral to a certain type of vehicle, and hindrance to a certain type. Where each battle takes place will be determined randomly before the battle.

Character Sheet?

Here it is ;)

Name:
Looks(Image):
Sexuality(of the character):
Bio:
Vehicle(Image):
Player's Limits:

Stats:

It just says stats.....what are the stats??

The stats are as follows:

Health:How much 'life' your vehicle has
Firepower: How hard it hits
Accuracy: How likely you are to hit your target
Agility: How fast you move/react, and how hard you are to hit.
Defense: How strong its armor is

The max health is 20, the max for everything else is 10, the minimum for all stats is 3 meaning you cannot have a stat lower than 3, a 5 is considered 'average'
Each player gets 30 points to assign how ever they like to their vehicle. And that's all the system work you have to do.

How many people are you looking for? And will you be playing?

I'm looking for no less than 4 characters and no more than 10. And yes I'll be playing a character.

I'd say that's about it...Hopefully you're interested and willing to give this game a shot!

But wait....I like system games...can I hear about how the system will actually work, like the meat and potatoes of it?

Sure! just ask and I'll be happy to tell you.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

CrazyIvan

I have a question can you upgrade the stats later in game, like through buying better parts or wining them? Or maybe have items that increase one by something and decrease another? I am just wondering and would like to express my interest in this game.

Sanai

Urban, why do I always, always love your rp ideas?

I will post up a character later today.
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

Urbanzorro

Thanks for the complement Sanai and yes your stats will upgrade as time goes by, winning battles earns you more stat points, winning big battles ears you access to special parts.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Still a work in progress, Also I'll most likely be updating the thread with a bit of IC story :D

Name:Alleic Lancaster
Sex:Male
Sexuality(of the character):Heterosexual
Bio: Born the son of two a mercenaries under the employ of Water and Power Alleic was taught to defend himself from a young age, his parents knew that given their standing, their son would be a mercenary as well, it was simple fact. Neither of them were very high ranking, and there was no real chance for upward mobility. The mercenary cast within the Water and Power controlled sections of Layered were treated well, not extravagantly but they never had to worry about food or a place to sleep.  So Alleic's parents focused as much as they could on insuring that Alleic would be able to succeed and excel at his life.

It wasn't very hard as soon as he began his standard combat aptitude tests at the age of 6 he showed a strong natural talent for piloting aircraft. His scores were so high that they came to the attention of his family's habblock commander and young Alleic was recommended for Water and Power's advanced piloting program. The program was one of Water and Power's many attempts at creating superior warriors. The theory behind the program was that if one took a group of gifted children and placed them in a setting where to fail would mean death, and the only way to avoid failure was to out preform the others only the best would survive. Alleic's induction class was 25 children strong, from the ages of 7 years to 10, by the time Alleic graduated at 17, there were only 3 members of his class left alive. Alliec was the valedictorian.

Since his graduation he has been busy fighting Water and Power's battles, and winning them. Given his highly decorated history and proven combat skills Alleic was selected to represent Water and Power in the tournament. He knows that this represents his one chance at a better life, and is not willing to let anything stand in his way.

Patron company:  Water and Power
Player's Limits: None
Stats: Health:6 Firepower:5 Accuracy:5 Agility:10 Defense:4
Vehicle

VH-721A Condor

Based off the VH-721 attack transport, the Condor is meant to arrive on scene before other forces and decimate it's targets with overwhelming firepower.  In order to achieve this all unnecessary weight has been removed from the aircraft. It's fuselage has been redesigned removing it's transport capability and all other non-flight essential elements. It  is lightly armored, it's cockpit has been modified from the standard two pilot cockpit to a one pilot configuration, and it has had it's landing gear removed and replaced with permanent fixtures on each wing and the tail.  It is armed with a large Vulcan cannon mounted under the nose, as well as two dumfire rocket launches, and 'utility man' missile launchers capable of targeting both airborne and ground based threats.  The Raven has proven to be a very useful weapons platform, even if it's mortality rates are higher amongst all but the most elite pilots.

Alleic has modified  his Condor for the tournament, switching out it's Vulcan cannon's standard rounds for armor piercing ones, as well as equipping it with a stronger engine, allowing him to pull off maneuvers that would normally be impossible.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Sanai

C:)Here it is

Name: Tanith
Sex: Male
Looks(Image):
Sexuality(of the character): Heterosexual.
Bio: A skilled pilot, Tanith is a member of a mercenary unit, known as "Talon Squadron". Talon squadron provide air superiority and strike capability for a high price. They are known for their ruthlessness and skill. Tanith has chosen to enter this competition to hone his skills. He has chosen a high tech vtol gunship rather than his usual interceptor, as the competition requires a ground attack vtol aircraft.
Vehicle(Image):

Player's Limits: If it belongs in the toilet, keep it away from me. Also, no vore, male genetalia, anal or inflation of any kind.

Stats:
Health: 5
Firepower: 8
Accuracy: 5
Agility: 8
Defense: 5

What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

Terian

Name: Sarah Noelani
Sex: Female
Affiliation: Universal Robotics
Looks(Image):
Sexuality(of the character): Oblivious for the most part, prefers women though if it comes to that

Bio: The product of an arbitrarily advanced scientific weapons project, Sarah was initially commissioned in an attempt to gain an edge in one of the many terrible conflicts that inevitably wind up occuring in a high future environment.  Unfortunately, before she was actually old enough to be useful in them, the war she was designed for wound up simmering down, and the project more or less put on mothballs, having not really come up with anything to make up for the extensive costs involved.  She was, however, entered into the Competition as part of an attempt to recoup the costs of her training and other enhancements--unfortunately, being about as bright as a marshmallow, she's entirely oblivious to most of these realities, and assumes this is a good opportunity to get involved in a 'Cool Fighting Championship'.

Go Figure

Vehicle(Image): The Durandal MK I

Player's Limits: Quite a lot actually, ordinary stuff doesn't bother me too much, but I'm fairly vanilla by nature, anything particularly odd or exotic tends to be a bit blah

Stats:

Health: 7
Firepower: 6
Accuracy: 7
Agility: 5

Paladin

Urbanzorro

Ok, updated the thread a bit, actually added in an IC storyline! I figure it gives a bit more depth/flavor. Hope everyone likes it. Also I'd like to ask everyone to choose a Corporation which they will be representing and place it in their character sheet. Sorry for any inconvenience I'll be posting up some updates for the different corporations shortly. Hope it doesn't make anyone wish to un-join the game.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Paladin

I'm shooting for Viacorp as my corporation, or the Japanese one.

Name: Carson Reaper (Callsign Raven)
Sex: Male
Looks(Image):
Sexuality(of the character): Hetro
Bio: (Bio will be a long work in progress, and may never even get done)
Vehicle(Image):
Player's Limits: Scat/Vore

Stats:

Health: 5
Firepower: 6
Agility: 8
Defense: 4

Urbanzorro

Alright as promised here's some info on the different corporations. I've tried to make them quite different in 'feel' from one another. Also it should be noted that the corporation you choose determines what special parts you unlock later, the special parts are a secret but you will get a general idea of what each corporations direction is with it's parts. The corporation you choose will determine the parts you are able to equip after winning a normal battle, winning a special battle will allow selection of parts that are not from your patron corporation.

Viacorp

Originally a weapons developer Viacorp has never forgotten it's roots, though it has branched into several different markets a large percentage of Viacorp's R&D budge is still dedicated to weapons technology, allowing Viacorp to continuously create newer and deadlier weapons to be equipped by their mercenary units. Most Viacorp parts tend to be highly destructive, accurate, and made of low weight polymers, but this has been known to come at the cost of higher than normal power needs, forcing vehicle's power plants to work harder. And effectively making them easier to overload.

(In short they tend to focus on Firepower and Accuracy, as well as lower level parts costing Health.)

Eurocom has and most likely always will have a near monopoly on communication technology, this fact has lent itself to other advantages, such as advanced the tracking systems needed to monitor orbiting satellites through the earth's drastically changed atmospheric conditions. as well as the development of hyper conductive alloys needed to transfer the large amounts of data being communicated throughout Layered, these same alloys allow for their parts to boast universally high command to action speed ratios. Many research projects are under way to strengthen these extremely dense alloys
(Accuracy and Agility, costing Defense at lower levels)

Universal Robotics
Experts in artificial intelligence as well as highly responsive user interfaces Universal Robotics parts tend to have less moving parts and faster reactions speeds due to lower level AI assistance. The lower number of moving parts lends itself to a more solid design that is harder to damage. Though the AI units have been known to suffer when used in conjunction with heavy weaponry due to the heat created by said weaponry.
(Higher Agility and Defense with lower Firepower at lower level parts)

Water and Power
Capable of producing the strongest and most space efficient power generators in existence Water and Power backed units tend to continue running well after their power plants should have overloaded or otherwise failed, an added bonus is the smaller size of Water and Power parts allows for the addition of extra weapons, which can be powered by the more powerful Water and Power generator that allowed them the space to be installed. Though the added weapons have been known to tax even the most advanced targeting computers.
(increased Health and Firepower at the cost of Accuracy for lower level parts)

Sianar Industries
During the construction of Layered it was discovered that existing alloys would not be able to sustain the weight and pressure that Layered would create once filled with its in inhabitants as a result Sianar Industries created several new alloys which proved capable of withstanding both the weight of Layered itself as well as the pressure and heat that went along with being very deep under the earth's surface
(increased Defense and Health  at the cost of Agility in lower level parts)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

sinoraa

I've been seeing this thread around these last couple of days. But obviously i missed the urban brand, so heres my submission. (note i only got ten minutes, so i think im gonna work on the Bio later.)

Urbanzorro

Glad to have you aboard....didn't know I had my own brand lol.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

sinoraa

(updated profile)

Name: Erika Anderson
Affliction: Water and Power
Sexuality: Bi
Bio: Erika can't remember peace, it was never part of her childhood. She was born into a mercinary company, and they did not care about her being a child. She was expected to pick up a gun, and fire like everyone else, and so she did. Though very poorly at first, she managed to live long enough, to become a highly classed soldier. At the age of nineteen, she was able to get herself a steady job, with the Water and Power company. Now, whenever WP, is i need of some pure and utter destruction, they call on Erika.
Player's limit: Scat/waterplay

(paint job, be me)
Vehicle
Health: 6
Firepower: 10
Accuracy: 6
Agility: 3

Terian

Adjusted my profile in light of the addition of corporations and such, going with Universal Robotics

Crovonovin

Colour me interested!  I just have a few questions here.

1)  Will there be an ongoing plotline outside of the battles?  I feel as though, as exciting as it is to write fight sequences, that it might get stale without some sort of parallel story going on in the background.

2)  Will character death be a concern?  If so, how do you go about determining whether the loser of a fight is merely incapacitated or killed?

That being said, here is my character sheet.  As everyone seems to be attracted to mechs and helicopters, I think I'll be the first odd one out and go with a tank.

Name: Elizabeth Locksley
Looks(Image):

Standing at a good six feet two inches, Elizabeth is all legs and subtle curves.  'Subtle' is her way of saying that she's barely got more than a couple mosquito bites gracing her chest, and that the width of her hips isn't anything to write home about.  She's always been a bit gangly, but she doesn't seem all that self conscious about it.  Liz, as she likes to be called, even goes so far as to wear five inch heels when going about her everyday life, perhaps relishing the stares her height draws to her.

Vibrancy is the keyword when describing her.  Liz has more than a passing obsession with neon colours, and she makes no attempts to hide it.  The louder and more plastic the outfit the better, and when she can't find new styles to try out she'll just up and make her own out of whatever spare odds and ends she can find about her living quarters. 

Sexuality(of the character): Lesbian
Bio:

Born to a pair of Viacom executives, Liz never had anything resembling a 'loving childhood'.  Once she was popped out her folks relegated her upbringing to the hands of Caretaker Droids or low-ranking employees in the corporation.  She was raised to be a company girl, pampered and disciplined in equal measure and forced into the best education programs her parents could afford.  Though certainly intelligent, Elizabeth's lack of human contact promoted an "unhealthy" curiosity, and it wasn't long before she sought to break free of her familial bonds and join up with the counterculture that struggled to stay afloat in such a strictly controlled environment.

The drugs were passed around and the alcohol flowed freely in certain shady parts of Layered, and Liz covertly used her influence to ensure they remained under the radar.  For a time, at any rate.  Her parents were criminally negligent, but they were far from stupid.  Their prodigy of a daughter was quickly turning into something wholly unpleasant to their eyes, and it became clear that she would never be able to replace them when she came of age.  Being unable to conceive another child due to the regulations regarding multiple births per couple, there was only way that they could get another chance at raising a perfect corporate executive. 

By getting rid of her.

Wishing to avoid any taint to their reputation, Elizabeth was enrolled in the Mercenary Tournament Training Program against her will.  Expecting their wayward daughter to fail miserably and die as quickly and tidily as possible, they could not have been more surprised by the results: she excelled at it.  Her piloting scores showed that she had a natural talent in the cockpit of nearly any vehicle.  It was as if she had predicted their murderous plan and forced herself to adapt in order to spite them

Of course, they had no way of knowing that she had been studying such things on her own time for years, sneaking into simulations in order to boost her response time and to entertain herself.  Though she'd thought it to be just an excellent waste of time, her penchant for gaming had finally paid off.  Of course, simulations and training battles are very different from a real match. 

Corporation: Viacom
Vehicle(Image):

GD-42: "Tardigrade"

The Tardigrade is the very pinnacle of Viacom's obsession with firepower, and has been loaded down with so much weaponry that they seemed to forget the fact that a tank is generally meant to be built for taking hits.  It has been outfitted with state of the art weapons systems, including an auto-firing minigun, surface-to-air missiles, a Tesla Coil, and an armor-piercing railgun.  Though few vehicles outclass it in terms of attack strength and it has the advantage of above-average targeting systems, like most Viacom designs it runs the risk of overheating after periods of prolonged fire. 

Though it is not the fastest product bearing the Viacom logo, is is certainly one of the most maneuverable.  Because of its unique "Sticky-Wheel" system, the Tardrigrade is able to traverse nearly any solid surface, scaling 90 degree angles with ease.  Thanks to its lightweight design it is also quite buoyant, allowing it to function in liquid environments.

Liz has made a few modifications of her own since she was granted access to her own Tardigrade unit, including a blazing pink and green paint job, a smokescreen for jamming up visual sensors, and her Ace-in-the-Hole:  The Equalizer, which can be best described as a state-of-the-art sound system that blasts music loud enough to pop a man's eardrums without protection.  The noise isn't the real threat however; the high-frequency signal meant to disrupt enemy targeting is.  Due to the high power consumption of the Equalizer, it tends to be a last ditch attempt to even the playing field.

Stats:

Health: 4
Firepower: 10
Agility: 5
Defense: 4

Player's Limits: Toiletplay

Urbanzorro

The greater plot line will be the interactions between the characters when they are not fighting, their developing relationships as they make it through the competition and attempt to have the best score.  And at this point character death will not be an issue.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Terian

Argh! Everyone's stacking either Agility or Firepower!  I hope this means my more balanced machine isn't going to instantly lose in every encounter :(

Paladin

Quote from: Terian on May 31, 2010, 02:32:58 PM
Argh! Everyone's stacking either Agility or Firepower!  I hope this means my more balanced machine isn't going to instantly lose in every encounter :(

Well you could do Defense, that way it don't matter if your hit, you stand there and soak it.

Crovonovin

Don't worry Terian, I'm sure that Urbanzorro's system has a plan for that.  For starters, if you have a 10 in any one category you have to sacrifice points in other areas.  For example, my Tardigrade has below average Health, and because of the corporation it belongs to it also has a higher chance of losing health when it goes all out, by my understanding. 

Urbanzorro

Honestly, the way the system works, a balanced machine will probably do best, You'll have the best stat base to build up on with your victories, you also won't be weak in any one category....honestly I doubt the battles will be one sided.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Terian

Good to hear then, looking forward to the start of the game

Urbanzorro

Hmm it seems as if nearly everyone is on line and ready I've just got to update my character, as does Paladin and Sanai, I'll get to work on the threads. I see no reason why we can't start today. Any objections?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Paladin

Quote from: Urbanzorro on May 31, 2010, 03:02:30 PM
Hmm it seems as if nearly everyone is on line and ready I've just got to update my character, as does Paladin and Sanai, I'll get to work on the threads. I see no reason why we can't start today. Any objections?

Mine still needs some tweaking. I don't quite like it. Give me a day or two.

Crovonovin

I'm a bit busy with things as well, so maybe giving it a bit more time would be for the best.