Harry Potter and the Rise of the Light (AU, OCs and select Canons Wanted!)

Started by Rogue, August 03, 2013, 12:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on August 04, 2013, 12:26:13 PM

Apy I really love you right now! All my love. All of it. :D
^_^ <3 the rogue
the irony:the first RP we were in together, though it didnt get off the ground, I was a wizard too :P

Rogue

Quote from: apygoos on August 04, 2013, 12:46:46 PM
^_^ <3 the rogue
the irony:the first RP we were in together, though it didnt get off the ground, I was a wizard too :P

*giggles* That is a bit Ironic.

kckolbe

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=171632.0

There are the rules from the past game, which was able to handle combat, but was set up more for an academic setting.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

apygoos

holy system *goes crosseyed* need to read that when im more ready to take in all that info

Rogue

Quote from: apygoos on August 04, 2013, 01:55:23 PM
holy system *goes crosseyed* need to read that when im more ready to take in all that info

Yeah. I originally wasn't going to let canons have fun with it... but now... *Grins* I'm deciding on how many points to allow people. But you have a special Flaw you have to take. You'll see it.

kckolbe

It really is more intuitive than it appears.  Also, you can disregard the Quidditch stuff.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Ember Star

Systems ... >.> not a fan of them but having the dice roller makes them easier.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Kaia

This sounds like fun

Oh...this will be my first group game, so not sure how using a system works for it, but I'm willing to learn. 

~ Who cares what and who we are as long as we no longer break ~

apygoos

Quote from: Ember Star on August 04, 2013, 02:29:42 PM
Systems ... >.> not a fan of them but having the dice roller makes them easier.
im not a fan of systems myself but w.e, i guess we'll just need to adapt?

Rogue

Systems will simply be easier than me deciding on a whim if you are captured or not, especially considering that this is going to be a war. People will be captured and no one will be safe. Sneaking and recon will be a big deal and combat will definitely happen, including aerial combat.

A lot of it will be Freeform, and I have worked in the system and KC was the one who created it. I don't mind answering any questions anyone might have especially once we get going. We only have the three Cannons and two OCs so we still have time before we even get started. Plenty of times for questions. :)

kckolbe

I have run several people through character creation who had never played systems with this system, play tested out a lot of combat, and over the past year, the only changes that needed to be made were to balance out academic subjects.  We will be adding new advantages and disadvantages that fit the setting, and I will consider custom ones as well.

Intro Thread

Rogue

Posted a sheet guys! Going to make one sometime tonight most like to give everyone an idea of what I'm looking for. Probably going to make a thread for it while I'm at it. :)

TheHangedOne

I'd be interested, Rogue, but I never play characters that are not wholly of my own creation. So, that means an OC for me.  let me know when/if a slot for that opens up. :)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

kckolbe

OCs are definitely a manner of when.  I think there'll be room for you.

Intro Thread

TheHangedOne

Quote from: kckolbe on August 05, 2013, 07:02:40 PM
OCs are definitely a manner of when.  I think there'll be room for you.

Cool.  Depending on what's needed, later on, I may play villain, hero, an anti- of either, or one of those fools that tries to play both sides.   8-)
Check out my poet tree!

Rogue

Will let you know! I even have a list set up for those playing OCs... >.<  As far as OCs go, we do have a DE and an Auror so we're pretty balanced there. Will probably want more DEs because the light will be so heavily numbered strictly because of the Canons.

To be honest, was kinda hoping you'd ask if Tom was going to be opened, but I totally understand only playing OCs.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Rogue

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 05, 2013, 07:33:31 PM
Really? Why's that?  :-)

I'd like someone capable of playing an evil character carrying out schemes that my little goody two shoes brain can't imagine fully. :-)

apygoos

TheHangedOne

If you want, you can consult with me over PMs. I don't mind cooking up evil schemes for you.  >:)
Check out my poet tree!

Rogue

Quote from: apygoos on August 05, 2013, 07:36:47 PM
but i love that brain Rogue!

*giggles* I can fight the bad guys just fine. Not nearly as good at wanton evil though.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 05, 2013, 07:37:40 PM
If you want, you can consult with me over PMs. I don't mind cooking up evil schemes for you.  >:)

*laughs* Hanged, you are the official evil consultant for this campaign. Congratulations.

kckolbe

Consulting for evil schemes is well and good, but conveying evil in the posts takes work.  I am working on my first evil bastard, but he's just a (quickly) rising henchman.

Intro Thread

Ember Star

No... cannon... info... for... Luna's... wand... on... potterwiki... *twitches*
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

TheHangedOne

Right. First thing to do as evil consultant, I will need an office with furnishings of the finest black Corynthian leather, and mahogany. Also, you will be billed by my dry cleaners (can't be evil without an appropriate suit, after all!).  8-)

Quote from: kckolbe on August 05, 2013, 07:42:56 PM
Consulting for evil schemes is well and good, but conveying evil in the posts takes work.
That's what henchmen are for. *Nods.*
Check out my poet tree!

Rogue

Quote from: Ember Star on August 05, 2013, 07:44:18 PM
No... cannon... info... for... Luna's... wand... on... potterwiki... *twitches*

*pats Ember's head*

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 05, 2013, 07:45:49 PM
Right. First thing to do as evil consultant, I will need an office with furnishings of the finest black Corynthian leather, and mahogany. Also, you will be billed by my dry cleaners (can't be evil without an appropriate suit, after all!).  8-)
That's what henchmen are for. *Nods.*

*laughs* I'm tempted to set you up an office once I make an OOC.... >.< (Just because I like designing such things... >.>)