News:

Main Menu

How Good Are You?

Started by Caeli, January 30, 2013, 03:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caeli

At your color knowledge, that is.

http://color.method.ac/

It was challenging, especially at the end, but I love colors and seeing the relationships between colors, so it was a lot of fun!
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Shjade

10 10 9 9 8 8

Honestly the last few categories were hard mostly because of the control scheme feeling awkward. After struggling with the first 2 out of 5 figuring out the mousing around the last three were much easier. Be nice if they had a practice round or two beforehand to get used to the color picking method.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Kythia

I couldn't work out what I was meant to do, to be honest.

Shjade

The goal is to move around the color wheel until the background color matches the "countdown" color.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Oniya

I had more problems with the controls than the matching.  When I started getting flustered with the controls, my matches went down from 'perfect'.

I blame the stitching.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Caeli

Quote from: Shjade on January 30, 2013, 10:40:14 AM
The goal is to move around the color wheel until the background color matches the "countdown" color.

Once you get as close as you think you'll get, just click on your mouse (or on the clicking button near your trackpad) and it will "score" how close you were - good, very good, perfect, etc.

I had a lot of trouble with the last two - the triadic colors and the 4 colors (tetradic?). It took me a while to get the hang of which points were associated with which parts of the circle.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Beguile's Mistress

Take it once for practice and then take it again for real. ;D

Anya

My first try was: 10,9,8,7,10,9

And it said: 8.8, so, I'm better with colors than with words!

Koren

My main problem with it is that the 'leway' it gives is very inaccurate. sometimes I looked at it and I honestly couldnt have got it more blended, I couldnt see the circle at all and Id get a very good, and other times I could still clearly see a difference between the colors and Id get a perfect. Sometimes Id get a very good and then on the next match id get a good and think that the one I got a good for was more blended then the very good one

And they really need to fix their control scheme, it makes it difficult. (About to be speaking designer jargon) I dont know what language they wrote it in but a simple binding of the mouse to the center point and then tracking it and having rays go out from there would make it much easier, instead of it circling around all the time. Much more accurate and not having to worry about the time limit so much as you wouldnt have to worry about pushing the selection to where it needs to go

Oniya

Quote from: Koren on January 30, 2013, 09:54:11 PM
And they really need to fix their control scheme, it makes it difficult. (About to be speaking designer jargon) I dont know what language they wrote it in but a simple binding of the mouse to the center point and then tracking it and having rays go out from there would make it much easier, instead of it circling around all the time. Much more accurate and not having to worry about the time limit so much as you wouldnt have to worry about pushing the selection to where it needs to go

I suspect that the interface is deliberately clunky.  >_>  That's my story and I'm sticking to it after getting far too frustrated on the complimentary colors section.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Koren

Quote from: Oniya on January 30, 2013, 09:58:05 PM
I suspect that the interface is deliberately clunky.  >_>  That's my story and I'm sticking to it after getting far too frustrated on the complimentary colors section.

Oh well they did it deliberately. It takes a lot more coding to do what they did as opposed to the suggestion I made. Which is skillfull actually. They actually HAD to try to make it that bad, it just isnt a good thing. Your eyes will work better when you are relaxed giving better results. Their 'innovation' worked against them this time
Why they chose that scheme I have no idea haha.

Oreo

I had trouble with the viewing. Had to stop or get teh dizzy. I aced the first two though. :P

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Izzie Aditi

10-10-10-9-9-9

Now my eyes hurt
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Anya

Oh no!!! Salem from Sabrina the teenage witch!

I really liked that tv-show!

Izzie Aditi

Quote from: Anya on January 31, 2013, 07:43:59 AM
Oh no!!! Salem from Sabrina the teenage witch!

I really liked that tv-show!
So did I, really miss it nowadays /nostalgia.
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Nadir

8.8, with 10, 10, 9, 8, 7, 9

Sel Nar

6.3 With 9, 8, 7, 5, 2

Admittedly, being colourblind didn't help much.

Jag

11, 8, 2, 6, 9, 4

Though I will admit that trying to do it while on calls with customers was not the best course of action...though considering that fact, I think I did damn good. :P
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

elone

I totally sucked at this, maybe poor eye hand coordination and could not figure it out at first. Maybe another try later.

Note: I was an studio art major and thought I knew this stuff. lol.
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

The Unholy Potato

9, 9, 6, 7, 8, 7. Summarized score of 7.7.

However, the interface really, really annoyed me. I could match colors quite easily when I could recognize which color correlated to my cursor. But it seemed to switch which one was which! The scoring also seemed a little inconsistent: for the darker hues, it'd be easy to confuse a very good with a perfect, while I could quite easily recognize the lighter and darker shades within all of my perfects for lighter colors.

Cycle

8 8 7 7 9 9 = 8.0

Apparently, I suck at the easier tasks!  ;D

Good game, Caeli.  Thanks for sharing.