Intrest Check for A Shamless Ripoff of Sliders

Started by Urbanzorro, September 04, 2012, 12:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

IC

What if you found a portal to a parallel universe?
What if you could slide into a thousand different worlds?
Where it's the same year, and you're the same person, but everything else is different.
....And what if you can't find your way home?

Well that's the situation that my friends and I are in. You see, I discovered the gateway and we walked through the door. And this is our story....

OOC

Alright, so when I was younger I used to LOVE the show Sliders, truth be told I still like it and I LOVE the premise. I'm posting this up in the hope that I'm not alone and that I can find a small group of players (between  3-5 including myself) who would like to play out a Sliders game with original characters. If you're interested feel free to post up a character using the sheet below. I see the game as being very freeform/fun/a bit campy at times. It will start with the group's first slide and then go on from there. My muse is already coming up with a large number of worlds to explore so lets get this thing rolling! :D

Character Sheet

[b]Image[/b]
[b]Name[/b]
[b]Age[/b]
[b]Character's Sexuality[/b] The things your character would/wouldn't like to have happen to them sexually, not to be confused with your actual ons and offs
[b]Profession/Skills[/b] What they did before they wound up in this situation as well as what they are good at
[b]Personality[/b]
[b]Bio[/b]
[b]Player's Limits[/b] Your limits for this game. I don't see it as being a very extreme game but it's still good to know ;D
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

MzHyde

Season one through three Sliders, right? Not before they killed off The Professor and it got all weird?

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Lumasan

Totally want a part of this. I used to watch Sliders all the time as a child. I loved the concept. Just give me a while to make my profile. :D
My Ons and Offs/My Current Cravings 1x1's

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, Is Just to Love, And Be Loved In Return" -Eden Abhez "Wild Boys"

Chrome Dragon

I liked this show too at least in it's first few seasons,  I only watched a smattering when the Cromags and other plot lines started popping up.

Name Jake Danvers

Age 24

Character's Sexuality

Hetero.

Profession/Skills
College Student,  Major Physics, Minor History/Mythology
A fairly good mechanic due to  his fathers influence.

Personality
Jake is fairly friendly and outgoing among  his friends and people he knows well.  He enjoys keeping in shape if only to escape the nerd/scientist stereotype. Jake tends to be a bit of a drifter dabbling in different things but hasn't found his niche yet. He enjoys having a good time though isn't a drinker and so usually plays the part of driver when his friends have had a bit much. Jake is fairly dependable and helpful to his friends but doesn't like when it hits the point of being taken advantage of and he will let the person doing it know it.

Bio
5'11" Dark brown Hair shoulder length, Brown eyes. Athletic trim physique.
The son of a professional driver and mechanic his father Eric Danvers, and Helena Danvers a chemist and scientist working for Exxon.

Player's Limits
No Vore, Rape, Scat (toiletplay), snuff.

Urbanzorro

He looks good, now to just get some more players. I'll post my character up sometime later today.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

TheHangedOne

I'm interested in this. I'll have a character yp later.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

TheHangedOne

Just a WIP for now. If possible, Zorro, I was hoping that he could have played a role in building the sliding device.

Name Allen Lochlan
Age 24
Character's Sexuality Straight male
Profession/Skills A "professional student" (No job; living off a trust fund while going to college). Hobbies include building complex electronic/circuit-based things (computers, custom built 'joy' buzzers, amped up stun guns, messing around with solar panels), and playing video games.
Personality Eccentric, his usually playful, some times even called "cute" demeanor does not seem to befit his genius level intellect. When the fun and games stop, though, he is a very serious, stoic figure who prioritizes with ruthlessness.
BioThe son of two hardcore computer geeks , both of whom got cushy jobs as a result of their skills, intellect, and fascination with machines, it's no surprise that Allen is the same way.

He was usually stuck in one private school or another with other rich kids, whom he typically did not get along with. He was frequently running away from the fairly posh estate to do his own thing as a rebellious teenager.

When he was finally old enough to be leaving the nest and go to college, he got access to a trust fund that was created for him at his birth, which meant he could basically do whatever he want.

After a two year long vacation of going to far flung places like Ukraine, Wales, and one or two other places that interested him, he finally settled down at some humble little college or another, where he'd be free to tinker to his pleasure, and where he might actually learn to be a better tinkerer.

Little did he know about the things he'd be able to tinker with.
Player's Limits No vore, gore, scat, or watersports.
Check out my poet tree!

MzHyde

Rei Yukimura
Age25
Character's SexualityHeterosexual, Oral (giving), Threesomes, Rough Sex
Profession/SkillsNurse. Also skilled at archery.
PersonalitySweet, a bit naive, caring and protective of her friends.
BioA career-oriented woman right up until the 'incident', she led a pretty boring life (as boring as nursing gets, anyway) that revolved around working, coming home and eating dinner while watching bad movies on the SyFy channel, falling asleep, and going to work again. Thankfully things are about to spice up.
Player's Limits Gore, BDSM, Rape, Scat, Urine, extremes of that nature.

Harmony

If you still are seeking players I have submitted my character below, just let me know and I'm there.

Name Simone
Age 22
Character's Sexuality Simone likes Men and Women, although she has not had any actual sexual experiences with any women. She likes all forrm of being dominated , punished and she has just recently discovered she is into voyeurism.
Profession/Skills Simone was attending school at the local college, majoring in Psychology.
Personality Simone is outgoing and spontanious , she is mildly shy in large groups, but quite outgoing in more intimate gatherings. She loves a good adventure.
Bio Before everything changed for them all, she enjoyed going to college, and lead a fairly quiet life. She hang out at the clubs with friends on the weekends and was single. She rented a small apartment and nothing of great importance had happened in her young life, not until now.
Player's Limits I'm extremely open and have few limits, so long as bathroom things stay in the bathroom..

AribethAmkiir

I'd be interested in this if you're still looking for players.  What type of post frequency are you looking for? 

Urbanzorro

I'm still looking for one more female character so it can be 3 and 3. As far as posts I'm looking for ar least once every 2 days and at most twice to three times a day.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Lumasan

Im still working on my profile but finding a picture is proving difficult

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, Is Just to Love, And Be Loved In Return" -Eden Abhez "Wild Boys"

Urbanzorro

Oh, well in that case. Yes we are done recruiting but you can post up a character anyways Aribeth, I'm ok with being one player over my original intended group number

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Lumasan

Without Glasses

Name: Cecilia Lewis

Character's Sexuality: Cecilia is a heterosexual. She is very much a private affairs girl. She's likely to attach herself to partners, in some form or another. A majority of her relationships while being in school, were short term romances. She finds herself afraid to romantically attach to men at this moment, now that she is working on her doctorate, but it happens regardless. She is a bit open-minded when it comes to sexuality, usually not judging others on their preferences. She does, however, still have her own preferred way of going about things. She prefers sensuality above all things, long session tied up in the sheets. Aphrodisiacs are often brought into play, and she has been known to partake in some drug use to enhance things, but nothing hardcore.

Profession/Skills: Professor's Assistant in English, she is working towards her doctorate in English studies at the moment. She has been in school since graduating high-school. She is well versed in conversation and the written art. She's not too talented when it comes to things like poetry and writing songs. As a result, Cecilia is very social and can engage in conversation with almost everyone. While Cecilia has talent with the English subject, she has a few other talents. A painter on the side, and a part of her local non-competitive choral club.

Personality: Cecilia is attractive in most ways, a bubbling personality combined with an elegant amount of knowledge regarding the conversational arts, make her a magnet to most people. She usually doesn't attach to people, unless she finds them worthy of her time, which resulted in a smaller than normal friend group for her. She talks with others easily and seems a rather trustworthy and honest person. She enjoys socializing outside of her studies (which take up a majority of her time), yet she is not starving from a lack of it.

Bio: Cecilia Lewis knew from a young age she wanted to read all the books in the world, as of now she has still yet to do that. Sometime in high-school Cecilia decided she wanted to share her love for literature and the word and art of writing with others. She wanted to teach. That began her long journey that she has still yet to finish with schooling.

Player's Limits: Scat, Vore, Urine, Gore, Snuff, heavy bdsm

Harmony

So I'm looking forward to this I hope we are ready to start soon.  ;D

AribethAmkiir

Name Erin Porter
Age 21
Character's Sexuality Erin is heterosexual.  Likes: Being seduced, threesomes, and sex in interesting places.

Profession/Skills She has worked as waitress and tended bar at several of the college hangouts for the last six months and is a regular face in the party scene.  While not having anything beyond a high school diploma to her name, Erin is savvy and street smart.  She knows how to handle herself, has a concealed firearm permit and knows some self-defense.

Personality A bit of a lost soul, Erin has spent the last few years since high school figuring out what she wants to do with the rest of her life.  She’s not dumb, by any means, but she isn’t driven or motivated.  Down-to-earth and friendly after she knows someone, she is cautious and distrusting of new people.

Bio Erin has been on her own since she turned 18.  Not caring to stay a moment longer than she had to in a violent home, Erin hit the streets until she found a job.  She was taken in quickly enough by a local bar owner, and she made herself useful by waiting tables, cooking, and pouring drinks.  She stuck around long enough to get on her feet before deciding to move forward on her own.  Her path eventually brought her to the local college and she’s worked several jobs since with the hopes of one day attending the local university.

(Subject to approval) Erin eventually met a group of very intelligent, up-and-coming individuals and began associating with them until she became an adopted member of the group.

Player's Limits Can post 1-3 times a week, usually.  Expecting a number of independent plots with the overarching one being the group’s attempt to get back home.  Interested in sex scenes, but not expecting them to be the priority, however, more than willing to participate when they do come up.  Not wanting: vore, scat, toilet play, rape, dismemberment, or torture.  Prefer light BDSM, (more bondage than the rest).  Group sex is a plus.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Urbanzorro

I'd say we are just about good to start. I'll have a character up after work and the treads shortly after

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Chrome Dragon

Quote from: Harmony on September 08, 2012, 11:39:25 PM
So I'm looking forward to this I hope we are ready to start soon.  ;D

Im looking forward to it as well !

eavatar

Image (still looking)
NameAndré Lisboa
Age26
Character's Sexuality André is a heterosexual male, but who never got laid before.
Profession/Skills He is a master degree student in Physichs, his thesis is about Professor Maximilian Arturo's Quantic fluctuation model , he is a computer programming and a master chess player
Personality He is shy, introverted and secretive. Deep inside he is a nice person, but he barely speak and when he does that is is just few precise words.
Bio André is a son of a professor who works at Engineering department, he always was around the universitary scene and that whole ambient made him lock himself. When he became 18 he joined at one of the most quit and academic college classes: physiscs and since them he lives and breaths science. Just recently he started to take another interests when he crossed accidentaly with Carmen
Player's Limits Nothing too extreme, and bethroom things must keep be a bathroom things. I am not a too sexual person, so my priority are the scenes, if sex are going to be a huge plot element I can jump in, but André is quite akward.

Urbanzorro

Name Dr. Travis Martin
Age 34
Character's Sexuality Travis is open to trying most things at least once, he is firmly hetrosexual but has no real problems with most forms of sexual experimentation.
Profession/Skills Travis, Dr. Martin to his students, is currently a tenured professor at UCLA. He teaches many upper level physics classes with a specialization in Ontology and Cosmology. He has several degrees to his name and is skilled in most maters pertaining to using one's brain.
Personality Traivs is normally a very calm person. He feels that the ability to control yourself is what separates people from animals and as such he always strives to be able to control his emotions rather than have them control him.
Bio Dr. Martin has led a full life thus far, he is a member of MENSA and has obtained several degrees despite his relatively young age for such achievements. He took the position at UCLA three years ago as a way to relax and 'rest' before finding some near unsolvable question to dedicate his life to solving.

But as luck would have it, such a question found him instead. The seat he filled in at UCLA had previously belonged to Dr. Arturo, who had disappeared several years ago at roughly the same time as one of his star students. The mystery caught Travis's eye and he devoted a good portion of his time to unraveling it.

In the process of doing so he discovered several amazing formulas that had been documented in the missing student's basement during the police's missing person's investigation. The police, not realizing what they had discovered, had simply filed them away!

After he discovered them Travis could not stop thinking of them. He has spent the last three years of his life pursuing the answers to the equations and re-tracing the student's scientific steps. Most recently he has been adapting the formula for use with a device that he believes will either prove to be some sort of anti-gravity machine or a time dilation device. It is currently the size of a cellular phone and Travis is very close to turning it on....
Player's Limits I don't expect any of my limits to be reached in this game, so for all intents and purposes I'll list them as 'none'

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

Ok, some quick notes before the threads go up (today).

I plan on having Jake serving as my character's TA and as such assisting him during the experiment that will send our characters sliding. I think it might make sense if Celia was coming to visit my character to discuss a prized student of her professor's who is in trouble of failing one of my character's classes. As far as Simone, Rei, Allen, and Erin I'm unsure of how to have them in the area but so long as they are close to the lab I have no problem with it, just let me know on the OOC thread (once its up)

Also @eavatar: Sorry, but the game is already full :S

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.