A (sorta) open world fantasy game (still accepting)

Started by Galanthor, September 15, 2010, 04:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galanthor

well sorry...i merely meant it's a tad behind the story =/

Bella90

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Galanthor

Drift

You heard the man, bookmark us and write up some characters!!! *grins*

I have 2 females I want to make but I don't have pictures for them. :(  I'm working on it though.

Galanthor

Drift

I had this random inspiration to create a pair of circus carnies.  They're "sisters" a Nomerian girl and a human girl (the human girl was adopted) and they have a circus act where the Nomerian girl climbs into a human-sized puppet and dances with her sister *snickers*.  I know it's pretty crazy.  I was thinking they would be brightly colored clothing-wise maybe with feathers in their hair, a tall girl and a short girl.  The Nomerian has bright red hair and pointed ears.  The human girl is more likely to be costumed and wearing stage make-up or something.  THe human girl probably is a brunette.  I hadn't settled on eye colors but they'd be athletic since they dance as part of their act and life in the circus is not easy.

Galanthor

Drift

Now you see why I dont' have pictures yet. ;) I am working on it though.  It's not like I don't already have a character to play with.

Galanthor

Ironwolf85

I was thinking either a cursed human, or maybe a minotaur... I have a bunch of storyline stuff on them for the GM
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Galanthor

i'm the gm...technicly, but i don't "lead" the game so meh...

EDIT about Minotaur...this race isn't included yet so it would be quite complicated to add them...even more if they should be actually have their own tribes and stuff...would either have to do a second map as expansion, which i'm not wanting to do, at least not for only one race, or your char must come from over the ocean...or it would have to be locations not shown on maps, the problem would be that other players would have a hard time locating it =/

Ironwolf85

I was thinking Minotaurs in this land are Greeklike crossed with some eastern mysticisim, they migrated up north from the south, and have had thousands of years to settle themselves on Islands off the southern coast.
The big problem for them is dispite their intelligence, and growing culture, their big bodies betray them. The entire species is flush full of bulls testostrone, this means that they are agressive and prone to rages that stereotype them.
Minotaur also have a natural, or unnatural, ability as builders and masons, constructing elaborate mazelike cities that confuse most other races. For the most part the Minos Islands are constantly fighting with each other, and aside from trade, are rather isolationist.
Lastly when it comes to sex, Minotaur are as agressive in this as in all things, Masculinity is prized among them, in part due to the amount of testostrone that is pumping through their veins. even their women are expected to be strong, and this in no way actually affects anyone's orientation, lesbians and gays do exist as they do in any other civilization. of course their deffnation of Masculine is not our twentith century version, to them it means things like "stand up for your Family and City State" "never back down" and other such traits.

Their Southern cousins never had the isolation that alowed the Minos Islands to develop, and are loners and primitive tribes that (at least in the opinion of their northern cousins) are slaves to their rage, their dark faith, and their base urges.

Galanthor

can you make ist eastern border? there is not southern border known yet =/

Ironwolf85

sure eastern boarder it is...
omg I have the image of three versions of a minotaur.
1. in greek bronze breastplate, helmet, and heavy armor wielding a spear and greatsword.
2. in only a cloth skirt with no armor, a stylized sash across his chest, wielding a bronze axe.
3. the feral insane version, butt ass nude, charging the camrea with a crude axe built from metal torn by hand and sharpened with a rock.
hmmm...
the minotaur of the Minos Islands are a buffer against eastern empires and kingdoms, including their tribal dessert dewlling cousins. they don't see themselves that way, but any empire going west has to deal with these millitant city states

Galanthor

bubby

Galanthor

bubby

OMG SWEET!  So..dragon? Can I be a dragon? She an ANCIENT silver, but has the capability of human form, though as of late she rarely does that. She is my original char, and her history is quite extensive. Would she be able to fit in anywere?

Galanthor

easily, players don't really need to adapt much to the world here, as mainly they decide over it

bubby

awesome..so what's the thread for the bio..and the thread for the RP?

Galanthor

post the bio here, trying to keep the charakter thread clean

on the first post should be the three links