A (sorta) open world fantasy game (still accepting)

Started by Galanthor, September 15, 2010, 04:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galanthor

ok...started with the map...it's quite a bit harder than i thought, though i can already say there will be places the map don't knows, in fact only citys by human, elves and maybe psions will be displayed...woods and forests will merely get owners that build hidden cities....which the chars will have to search for.

and...not the hole world will be shown, as...there are some places noone would ever explore as they are afraid the world would end there...

that aside...i could already post what i have and update the map from time to time...currently got about 3 human citys, 6 villages, two mountain ranges (one for the Skyfarers, one as a "shield" for the elven), two forests (one is the dark variant, the other for the Nymphs), One Ice desert and one jungle for the felines.

would maybe be and advantage to do so, as you could get to shape the world even more that way

Galanthor

Quote from: Galanthor on September 22, 2010, 06:44:17 AM
ok...started with the map...it's quite a bit harder than i thought, though i can already say there will be places the map don't knows, in fact only citys by human, elves and maybe psions will be displayed...woods and forests will merely get owners that build hidden cities....which the chars will have to search for.

and...not the hole world will be shown, as...there are some places noone would ever explore as they are afraid the world would end there...

that aside...i could already post what i have and update the map from time to time...currently got about 3 human citys, 6 villages, two mountain ranges (one for the Skyfarers, one as a "shield" for the elven), two forests (one is the dark variant, the other for the Nymphs), One Ice desert and one jungle for the felines.

would maybe be and advantage to do so, as you could get to shape the world even more that way

EDIT: THought it might be better to just show...

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/File:Map_fantasy.jpg

Black=human
Red=Nymphs
Blue=(as far as known) unpopulated
grey=feline
behind "wall"= elven teritority

sinoraa

Sense no one have said it thus far, i like the map ^^

Galanthor

trying to finish tomorrow and post the start thread...me wantz to start!

might also add another realm as...well...only human and elvish  citys are boring...maybe also nomerian (was it?) that mantain simply by wealth

sinoraa

Galanthor

Drift

I like the map too.  I'm going to make a nomerian character. :) I have an idea just haven't put it into words yet

sinoraa

Galanthor

Well doomwood is rather a bad choice as there are things...you don't wanna live with to say the least *spooky music*

aside...i'll ad other woods too...

skyline339

Name: Cellious

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Alias: Prince of the Sun

Race: High elf

Bio: There was once a moment, where an elf was born. The moment of his birth, his mother had passed away, but the story had come to pass. On the death of a birth the Prince of the Sun shall be born. During his early years, he had lived with the elders, learning the ways and magics from the Sun Wells, and now, will must leave the forest in search of the other Wells, scattered around the world. The Moon well, The Life Well,  and the Death Well.

It is a great honor, to be dubbed the Lord of the Wells, but that is not how he would like the rest of his life to go. Deep down, he wants to explore the world, and learn its many many secrets, find treasure, history, and maybe the love he searches for.

Galanthor

Name: Galanthor

In Aluminiere the Stronghold of all that's true and the only place where equal rights have formed. The knights of the white flame, best compared to paladins, watch over the City and suroundings. They don't serve the people or the ruler, they merely serve peace. Not even the rulers of Aluminiere, can save themselves when the knights found that they abuse their place.

Galanthor is merely a novice of this brave warriors, but he raged out by his views and the way he used magic...oh and the fact he was a lunatic. Galanthor soon left Aluminiere as he knew, the world needed the Knights of the white flame more than anyone else, but he would need help. Much help.

abandoneddolly

Name- Reign
Age-22
Personality- Reign is stuborn, and very proud of her abbilities of the jungel. Outside of the jungel though she is very naive to the world. She has never even seen any of the other races before.

Galanthor

Bella90

Bella90

Name: Elena Vine

Species: elemental   'earth' she is just beginning to understand her ability.

Appearnce

-eyes: honey brown
-hair : chestnut brow wavy Dow to the middle of her back
-body type: she's quite curvious and yet athletic 5'5 in height .

Background:

Her family held the Earth's magic in their bloods, inherited from one generation to the other, all the family is capable to hold the power. So before the death of the tribe's leader, each leader would choose a successor, she was chosen by her grandfather, he saw potential in her. Though she doubted that herself. At the age of sixteen, her Grandfather started tutoring her in the ways of the magic, and how to keep the city safe. But he died just shortly after she turned 18. He did not finish his tutoring, and hence she was far too young to rule the people. Still they couldn't do anything to deny her that right, for the magic is now running in her veins alone since the death of her grandfather.

Desperate measures were taken, she was to be sent out of her city, to learn how to use her abilities better, and in a much more efficient way, that's how she ended up stranded in the forest and making her way. Yet one thing their people did. There was a distant uncle of hers, he was experienced, he was tutored well. But he didn't get the magic, he was put as her successor, had she died in the process of learning, the magic would instantly transfer to him.

Galanthor

ok start posting when you feel like it...won't add the char to the list before theres a pic though =D

Bella90

no problem ^^ I have the pic.. I'll just be a few until i put it up there :)

And the link to the game please :D :D :D ^^

Bella90

thanks ^^  Should I ask for a quick brief summery? or is it simple to just start off from where you are?

Galanthor

Bella90

I didn't go into exact detail, I just skimmed through it ^^ Hope it was ok ^^'

Galanthor

just read it...sorry it's not...Galanthor went between the fighting partys and healed the dragon =/

Bella90

Quote from: Galanthor on September 30, 2010, 09:12:38 AM
just read it...sorry it's not...Galanthor went between the fighting partys and healed the dragon =/
Yes he did. I read that much. --She didn't heal anyone. She was observing everyone... -blink---going to check.--