Temple of Luminescence (High lvl Pathfinder Recruitment)

Started by indarkestknight, October 08, 2018, 05:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indarkestknight

Some Just Want to Watch the World Burn!

When the high priest of the sun deity brings the planet and the sun closer together to spread his deity’s light to every corner of existence, the world begins to heat up dangerously. All attempts to breach the Temple of Luminescence and halt the magic powering this catastrophe have failed. The adventurers must perform a ritual known as the path of the sun and navigate the temple’s defenses to stop the high priest. But what appalling truths which led to this deadly incident will the adventurers uncover—and can they save the world before it burns?

Temple of Luminescence is a 15th level Pathfinder adventure. At the end, an average party of four player characters could expect to be 16th level.1

Activity Expectations: I'm looking for players that can commit to two posts a week/one post every four days, roughly. Every round you post on time, your character will receive an action point. Every round the whole group posts on time, everyone receives a hero point.

Sexual Content: The game will be as lewd as the party makes it. I intend to play the adventure straight for the most part, maybe using sexual encounters as an alternative to TPKs if the PCs are defeated. Seduction is a tool the PCs may choose to wield, but it certainly isn’t required and the adventure could be cleared without any sexual content. If anyone has concerns about the content of the game, I would ask that you make those known.

Setting: Golarion. If you wish to play a cleric, warpriest, paladin, or inquisitor seeking to purge this heresy from within, PM me for more information.

Character Creation:
• 15th level characters. Standard WBL (240,000 gp).
Ability Score Generation
Players may choose to either use "point buy":http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores or roll to determine starting ability scores. Once a player has chosen to roll to determine their starting ability scores and has rolled dice, they may no longer opt to use point buy.

Player characters use point buy 25.

Players roll 4d6, discard the lowest die result, and add the three remaining results together. Record this total and repeat the process until six numbers are generated. This is the player's set.

The DM then rolls 4d6, discards the lowest die result, and adds the three remaining results together. Record this total and repeat the process until six numbers are generated. This is the DM's set.

The player may choose to use either the player's set or the DM's set, but they may not mix-and-match between sets. Once a set has been chosen, assign these totals to the character's ability scores as you see fit.

• Ability bonuses from leveling up are applied as normal.
• When a player character levels up, both the character's player and the DM roll the character's new hit die. The character takes the higher result.
• I am not going to impose a specific character sheet on anyone, as long as I can parse it, it's fine. My preference is that character sheets are organized in the manner of bestiary entries. For those who choose to use Mythweaver, due to the incident where all character sheets were wiped from Mythweaver, I am requiring you to submit some kind of backup sheet to use. At absolute minimum, take legible screenshots of your mythweavers sheet. Trying to recreate a 15th level character, potentially multiple 15th level characters from scratch midgame would be a nightmare.

Houserules:
Breath of life is also called cure deadly wounds and may be cast spontaneously by clerics and oracles that channel positive energy and any character that can cast cure spells spontaneously.
• At BaB +6, a character gains Vital Strike as a bonus feat. At BaB +11, Improved Vital Strike. At BaB +16, Greater Vital Strike.
• Material from 3rd party publishers is subject to review. While balance is always a significant concern, as is comfort of the player base, I will also take into consideration appropriateness for the adventure. Concepts more suited to a given adventure are more likely to be approved if I’m on the fence. Likewise, if you bring me a character I’d really be excited to have in the game, rather than just a mechanical component with no context as to what you intend to do with that component, I may be more likely to approve if I’m on the fence.
Item Creation: Only Brew Potion, Craft Wand, Craft Staff, and Scribe Scroll are kosher. Do not anticipate having time to craft during this adventure.
Custom Magic Items
1. Custom magic items are always subject to review.
2. Each character is permitted a maximum of one custom magic item at character creation.
3. You may combine one magic item that does not grant any of the following bonuses with another item of the same slot that does grant one of the following bonuses by adding the values of the two items without any additional cost. This will count as your custom magic item.
• armor bonus to AC
• deflection bonus to AC
• enhancement bonus to ability score
• enhancement bonus to natural armor
• resistance bonus to saving throws
Normal: Under standard rules, the most expensive item serves as the base item, and the cost of less expensive item is multiplied by 1.5 and added to the base item. These rules still apply outside of the exception listed above.
Example
blinkback belt of giant strength +6
Standard - belt of giant strength +6 (36,000 gp) + blinkback belt (5,000 gp x 1.5) = 43,500 gp
Houserule – belt of giant strength + (36,000 gp) + blinkback belt (5,000 gp) = 41,000 gp

4. Straightforward items like a spellstoring flametongue scimitar or gloves of dexterity +6 are likely to be approved.
5. Items that I cannot use the magic item creation formulae to estimate the cost of are the least likely to be approved, outside of nakedly broken magic item concepts.

Original Interest Check
While there are adventure paths I'd like to run, to get my feet wet before I commit to something bigger and longer-running, I'd like to run a shorter adventure, something about the length of a one-shot. While I do have some candidates in mind that I'll list below, if there's a short adventure you're strongly interested in, please, pipe up! I'd like to hear what people are interested in. Examples of suitable adventures would, for instance, be most PFS scenarios.

My top candidates currently are:
Temple of Luminesence (15th level adventure, for those among you that have high level builds you never get to play around with in all the low level games E has.)
We Be Dragons
We Be Leshys

I currently have about 3 players interested and am looking for a few more to round us out.

Expectations: I'm looking for players that can commit to two posts a week/one post every four days, roughly. Every round you post on time, your character will receive an action point. Every round the whole group posts on time, everyone receives a hero point.

Questions are very much welcome.

1 I expect to accept more than 4 players, but am mentioning this primarily to give a gauge as to how long the adventure is anticipated to be.

keyotess

I am interested and I can post most every day, except for Fridays.
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

indarkestknight

Quote from: keyotess on October 08, 2018, 06:12:09 PM
I am interested and I can post most every day, except for Fridays.

Of the potential adventures, do you have any preferences? Any suggestions of your own for adventures you'd like to play?

keyotess

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 08, 2018, 06:28:05 PM
Of the potential adventures, do you have any preferences? Any suggestions of your own for adventures you'd like to play?

I don't have much experience with pre-made adventures.  I have mostly done self made adventures.  So any of them is good with me. :)
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

Life in Color

Roleplay Frog

I rather like longer settings, but I can definitly understand the preferance for making something short that survives to the end to test things out. After all, can continue with the same characters in another campaign just as easily.

Plus, can always use moar pathfinder. So that's a yes from me.

I would indeed enjoy testing out the high level adventure, that opportunity is rarer I feel.

You say you already have three players, is there an idea what direction they will go buildwise/what is needed, or can I do whatever I wish?

While at it, how are you with third party, that is, official publications not released by Paizo core?

Also, is this a more mechanics bound game or do you plan some lewdsies?

Finally, I have, I daresay, a decent amount of experience in Pathfinder, so if you seek assistance with mechanical tidbits, happy to help out.

Grizzly

I'm always looking to jump into a Pathfinder game so you've got my interest.

I'm just curious, are you going to be running this game as an official PFS scenario?  Would we need official PFS characters?
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

indarkestknight

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 09, 2018, 08:04:46 AM
I rather like longer settings, but I can definitly understand the preferance for making something short that survives to the end to test things out. After all, can continue with the same characters in another campaign just as easily.

Plus, can always use moar pathfinder. So that's a yes from me.

I would indeed enjoy testing out the high level adventure, that opportunity is rarer I feel.

You say you already have three players, is there an idea what direction they will go buildwise/what is needed, or can I do whatever I wish?

While at it, how are you with third party, that is, official publications not released by Paizo core?

Also, is this a more mechanics bound game or do you plan some lewdsies?

Finally, I have, I daresay, a decent amount of experience in Pathfinder, so if you seek assistance with mechanical tidbits, happy to help out.

• As the adventure itself has yet to be decided on, I have yet to receive any character concepts. If we end up playing We Be Dragons/Leshys, pregenerated characters will be used (though if someone wanted to build a Leshy character using the Leshy race from Ultimate Wilderness I would be open to it), but none have been claimed yet.
• Material from 3rd party publishers is subject to review. While balance is always a significant concern, as is comfort of the player base, I will also take into consideration appropriateness for the adventure. Concepts more suited to a given adventure are more likely to be approved if I’m on the fence. Likewise, if you bring me a character I’d really be excited to have in the game, rather than just a mechanical component with no context as to what you intend to do with that component, I may be more likely to approve if I’m on the fence.
• For Temple of Luminescence, the game will be as lewd as the party makes it. I intend to play the adventure straight for the most part, maybe using sexual encounters as an alternative to TPKs if the PCs are defeated. Seduction is a tool the PCs may choose to wield, but it certainly isn’t required and the adventure could be cleared without any sexual content. If anyone has concerns about the content of the game, I would ask that you make those known.
• For We Be Dragons/Leshys, I do not intend for there to be sexual elements. If players wish to have solo threads with their characters that involve sexual elements, that is their business.

Quote from: Grizzly on October 09, 2018, 10:44:33 AM
I'm always looking to jump into a Pathfinder game so you've got my interest.

I'm just curious, are you going to be running this game as an official PFS scenario?  Would we need official PFS characters?

The three adventures linked are all from 3rd party publishers and as such are not sanctioned for PFS. I am open to taking suggestions for PFS scenarios to run but I believe incorporating hero points as rewards for activity would disqualify them from counting as PFS sanctioned. As such, regardless of the scenario, characters will not be expected to adhere to PFS standards.

Roleplay Frog

QuoteLikewise, if you bring me a character I’d really be excited to have in the game, rather than just a mechanical component with no context as to what you intend to do with that component, I may be more likely to approve if I’m on the fence.

Works for me, I'm prone to building thematically.
QuoteFor We Be Dragons/Leshys, I do not intend for there to be sexual elements.

DRAGONSNUGS UWAH!

So, how do you decide upon scenarios, is there a vote, is there a hat we can pull things from?

Ixy

Hi--

I think that the Temple of Luminescence adventure sounds really interesting.  After just reading the description, it seems to hold promise for both high-adventure questiness and individual motivation-- I mean, if the sun is burning the world, wouldn't even villainous characters be willing to do anything necessary to stop it?

Although I'm kind of lame at high-level characters, I really like the idea of a contained adventure, and I believe that the pace sounds perfect.  It would be so great to have a story that reached a conclusion that everyone found satisfying, win or lose :)

If you reach the point that you're ready for character submissions or ideas, that would be fantastic.  As far as what kind of character interaction, description level, common background factors, erotic content-- eagerly waiting to see what you determine.

Chulanowa

Temple of Tumescence Luminescence sounds interesting, my only real hang on it is god I hate gear shopping.

We be Dragons strikes my fancy for second place.

Roleplay Frog

In pathfinder you can make a decent high level character by just sticking to one class and putting points in whatever the class is supposed to be good at.

aaand now I is tempted to do a villainous character. *chuckles*

That's three votes for luminescence though. Yey.

indarkestknight

There isn’t a strict voting system but I really would encourage interested parties to make their preferences known.

It certainly would be a fun twist on the adventure to have a group of evil characters trying to save the world from the agents of a sun god, if everyone’s on board.

keyotess

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 09, 2018, 03:12:48 PM
There isn’t a strict voting system but I really would encourage interested parties to make their preferences known.

It certainly would be a fun twist on the adventure to have a group of evil characters trying to save the world from the agents of a sun god, if everyone’s on board.

I don't play a good villain, but can do someone self serving. :)

Ixy

It would be fun to have group that's at least partly evil.  Maybe some strange partnerships-- and if they succeed, their gods will even forgive a few... Y'know... transgressions.  Just for curiosity's sake.

Roleplay Frog

Chulanowa

I've... not been a big fan of 'evil" RP on E, gotta be real honest. It tends to be very rote and, just, bleh.

• You've got your I LOVE TO RAPEMURDER character, ho hum. Usually you have five or six of these
• You've got the I AM AN EVIL SUCCUBUS SLUT SEX DEMON character, yes of course.
• TENTACLE CULTIST!!!! usually shows up, too
• And of course the MY CHARACTER JUST WANTS SLAVES guy.

You never end up with people who are just like, casually evil; like, your rogue makes a living robbing people, that's an evil character. Your character's a sorcerer who uses Charm Person all the time to get what he wants, that's kinda evil, and hey, you know, you can worship an evil deity without always recreating the death orgy from "Event Horizon"? "Evil" doesn't have to be Wes Craven's vision of the world of Gor.

*ahem*

I guess, if people wanna do evil, can we keep it low-key? More "Penguin" and less "Joker"?

VonDoom

I'm interested and hoping to offer up a bard character of the pragmatic evil persuasion - who is out for fame, wealth and power by pretend - acting as a heroic figure.

However, from the looks of it, Temple of Luminescence is pretty much just a dungeon crawl, which is about my least favourite aspect on the intrigue/combat/exploration side of things. If I'm mistaken and it has plenty of social opportunities, please let me know, otherwise my preference is strongly towards anything with a social/intrigue focus.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 09, 2018, 08:48:59 PM
I've... not been a big fan of 'evil" RP on E, gotta be real honest. It tends to be very rote and, just, bleh.

I guess, if people wanna do evil, can we keep it low-key? More "Penguin" and less "Joker"?

Hey I like the tentacle cultist guy. Also, sounds as if the problem is the people (and inhibitions) not the concept in itself. Here's a tale of an evil character done right:
https://imgur.com/r/gametales/Dy20IAe

Ixy

Chulanowa hit the nail right on the head.  And at this point, I think we're more interested in seeing if this can happen at all :) It's a beat concept and, if the players fit your vision as DM, then groovy.  I hope it works out.

Hunter

It's pretty much a common problem with any forum based game, that they die often in the early stages.   I'm more of the opinion that whatever level you start at will probably be the level you finish at.

And dibs on the MY CHARACTER JUST WANTS SLAVES guy.    ;D

Chanticleer

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 09, 2018, 08:48:59 PM
You never end up with people who are just like, casually evil; like, your rogue makes a living robbing people, that's an evil character. Your character's a sorcerer who uses Charm Person all the time to get what he wants, that's kinda evil, and hey, you know, you can worship an evil deity without always recreating the death orgy from "Event Horizon"? "Evil" doesn't have to be Wes Craven's vision of the world of Gor.

*ahem*

All completely valid. Having said that, there are some classes and gods of the evil variety which do tend to push some of those aspects (which doesn't mean people have to select those classes/gods, obviously). I generally dislike the antipaladin class because chaotic evil tends to just end up being awful for group play. On the other hand, the Tyrant (lawful evil archetype) can get along just fine in a 'good' based group, so long as it serves his goals in some way (including simply 'get gold, get powerful, get connections).

Lawful evil is generally much more 'group oriented' than neutral or chaotic.

In any case, I've already (via PM before this forum opened) submitted my preferences for campaigns, so I'm kind of waiting to see where this goes.
My current O/os (need work)

Chulanowa

Quote from: Chanticleer on October 10, 2018, 02:34:31 PM
All completely valid. Having said that, there are some classes and gods of the evil variety which do tend to push some of those aspects (which doesn't mean people have to select those classes/gods, obviously). I generally dislike the antipaladin class because chaotic evil tends to just end up being awful for group play. On the other hand, the Tyrant (lawful evil archetype) can get along just fine in a 'good' based group, so long as it serves his goals in some way (including simply 'get gold, get powerful, get connections).

Lawful evil is generally much more 'group oriented' than neutral or chaotic.

In any case, I've already (via PM before this forum opened) submitted my preferences for campaigns, so I'm kind of waiting to see where this goes.

In the case of the antipaladin, I think that it works fine... with the right god. Rovagug and Lamashtu are terrible PC options for CE antipaladins, while Calistria and Dahak actually work. In fact, I have a Dahak antipaladin I've been itching to play, it's just I can never find a good place for her.

You still have to ignore the "Can't associate with good aligned people" thing though. Dumb paladin feature is even dumber when inverted.

VonDoom

'Those folks ain't good, they're just deluded into thinking the world is better than the shithole it really is!'  >:) ;D
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Chanticleer

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 10, 2018, 03:25:06 PM
You still have to ignore the "Can't associate with good aligned people" thing though. Dumb paladin feature is even dumber when inverted.

That doesn't seem to be an issue for the Tyrant. There's plenty of description of LE characters 'associating' with goody types in order to subvert their foolishly optimistic naivete.

Life in Color

Roleplay Frog

's my personal believe that stupid is the problem, not evil. Lotsa people like to forget that Demonlords are all the exemplars of CE, and a fair amount of them still manage to maintain a hierarchical structure. Sure, the ordinary low rank demons attack anything that doesn't put them in place on sight, but they are stoopid. Do you wanna act like the next succubus-queen or like the next Dretch?

I like to remind my players that their character is supposed to have existed in the world they are in for decades, likely doing what they've been doing in the campaign. Rarely do I see good character fully dive into their alignment, you know, helping strangers, not just npc's that look promising, trying to redeem rather than slay the little xp bags monsters wherever reasonable, that kinda stuff.

Hunter

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 10, 2018, 06:37:46 PM
's my personal believe that stupid is the problem, not evil.

That really goes both directions.    People commonly associate paladins with Lawful Stupid but they tend to overlook that evil characters aren't automatically what I refer to as Chaotic Dumbshit.    Good tends to win because evil doesn't manage teamwork very well.      As for myself, I prefer chaotic neutral over any brand of evil.

It's also a result of taking the easy route, you get the same award for slaying as redeeming.   And slaying is much less work.

Roleplay Frog

work in roleplay is an illusion. What you work harder for, you'll appreciate more. I'm kinda tempted to playing a genuinly good character now, they're not as easy as people expect 'em to be. *chuckles*

Hunter

The idea of good and evil working together?  Oh yes, sign me up.

Snake

I'm interested but Froggy here dislikes me still as far as I know. Wish it wasn't so.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Snake on October 10, 2018, 07:57:40 PM
I'm interested but Froggy here dislikes me still as far as I know. Wish it wasn't so.

You, in a pvp scenario, cheated with the diceroller results and thought nothing of it until you were called out on it. And were're not talking three years ago, not even three months ago.
The fact that you play this down as me disliking you is a sign that you have not changed. Frankly, if I'd been you I'd have removed myself from any dice-based games for at least a year.

Chanticleer

Quote from: Hunter on October 10, 2018, 07:40:52 PM
That really goes both directions.    People commonly associate paladins with Lawful Stupid but they tend to overlook that evil characters aren't automatically what I refer to as Chaotic Dumbshit.    Good tends to win because evil doesn't manage teamwork very well.      As for myself, I prefer chaotic neutral over any brand of evil.

It's also a result of taking the easy route, you get the same award for slaying as redeeming.   And slaying is much less work.

At lleast in my limited experience, Chaotic Neutral also has a relatively nasty stigma among many players. It's frequently treated as the ultimate nihilistic 'I do what I want, whenever I want to.' At convention games, I've seen nearly as much backstabby, anti-party behavior by CNs as by CEs.

Hunter

Quote from: Chanticleer on October 10, 2018, 08:07:22 PM
At lleast in my limited experience, Chaotic Neutral also has a relatively nasty stigma among many players. It's frequently treated as the ultimate nihilistic 'I do what I want, whenever I want to.' At convention games, I've seen nearly as much backstabby, anti-party behavior by CNs as by CEs.

In my experience, that's a result of the player being an asswipe rather than the alignment.   I've known more than one player who was invariably ended up with characters that behaved that way, no matter what system it was.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Hunter on October 10, 2018, 08:20:46 PM
In my experience, that's a result of the player being an asswipe rather than the alignment.   I've known more than one player who was invariably ended up with characters that behaved that way, no matter what system it was.

Yeah all this talk about bad stuff really makes me wanna do an exemplary teamplay character *chuckles*

And for the record, you can be NE and a teamplayer or CN and orderly... just takes some imagination. I had a CN that had quite the reasonable moral compass, it just pointed in it's own direction occasionally.

Chanticleer

Quote from: Hunter on October 10, 2018, 08:20:46 PM

Granted. On the other hand, I'd argue that this is probably a contributor in all of the 'Oh no, someone playing ____ alignment' stories.

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 10, 2018, 08:23:46 PM
Yeah all this talk about bad stuff really makes me wanna do an exemplary teamplay character *chuckles*

Well, you know I'm messing with teamwork feats in at least one other campaign here! Did you have any particular ideas yet? Or like me are you still in 'well, it depends on the campaign' territory?

Roleplay Frog

I mean if we do the dragon or etc campaign there's little point in building a character up. so *shrugs*

Also, I find teamwork feats only work out if you have a character that can slap them on other peeps at least a bit *chuckles*

Chanticleer

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 10, 2018, 09:17:10 PM
I mean if we do the dragon or etc campaign there's little point in building a character up. so *shrugs*

Also, I find teamwork feats only work out if you have a character that can slap them on other peeps at least a bit *chuckles*

Or an arrangement pre-character generation with one or more other party members. :)

Hunter

Quote from: Chanticleer on October 10, 2018, 10:04:40 PM
Or an arrangement pre-character generation with one or more other party members. :)

Personally, I love it when this happens.    Not only as a GM but as a player.     It can be fun to spend part of the first session hashing out who's making what and how everyone is tied together.

indarkestknight

Original post has been updated. Please check for information regarding Character Creation and Houserules.

I am aware I left a handful of rather significant subjects up in the air. That is because I have not yet come to a decision regarding either of these subjects. I would like to encourage the potential playerbase to voice their preferences with regard to these two subjects.

Setting: Contenders at the moment are Golarion, Forgotten Realms, Nentir Vale, Tal'Dorei, or Greyhawk. Discuss.

Crafting: While crafting midgame is unlikely, to what extent should crafting be allowed? This is tied into the issue of custom magic items to some extent, and if it weren't for custom magic items, I'd be tempted to limit crafting feats to Brew Potion, Craft Staff, Craft Wand, and Scribe Scroll and call it a day.

Custom Magic Items: Should they be allowed at all, or, as with 3rd party material, evaluated on a case by case basis? What restrictions should be placed on their accessibility, if any? Should they only be available to those who take crafting feats? Should they cost their full value in gold pieces, rather than the usual half when crafting?

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest as well, high level pathfinder is rare as it is in most sites.

Setting: Fine with anything, but familiar with Forgotten Realms from most and bit on Greyhawk (and know Tal'Dorei is Critical Role world but haven't seen even single episode; more clips here and there).

Crafting: In my opinion crafting is allowed, make own stuff with GP limit (like they gain no more than 1/4 more GP worth of items compared to others or 1/2 more if they have crafted stuff for others as part of background story).

Custom Magic Items: Both crafters and non-crafters should allowed custom items. Either limit on amount of custom items per char (like max 3 and along unique written story for it) or limit how many items can be merged together (like max 3 items can be merged despite gp cost).

In regards good vs evil; I am fine for such party and both good and evil can be played dumb manner (including paladins). But it depends on player how well said char is portrayed. Example chaotic evil barbarian could work for group if he has personal interest to do so and considers rest of party 'as his pack/group' and thus form personal attachment/bond. Or bond strongly to one person they are willing follow them to heaven and hell and back again for them.

Chulanowa

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 11, 2018, 03:23:12 AM
Setting: Contenders at the moment are Golarion, Forgotten Realms, Nentir Vale, Tal'Dorei, or Greyhawk. Discuss.

Largely unfamiliar with Tal'Dorei, not a fan of Nentir Vale, and I find Greyhawk painfully dull. If Eberron or Krynn aren't options, then I'mma say Golarion at #1, Forgotten Realms at #2 (just 'cause pathfidner is of course somewhat more compatable with Golarion)

QuoteCrafting: While crafting midgame is unlikely, to what extent should crafting be allowed? This is tied into the issue of custom magic items to some extent, and if it weren't for custom magic items, I'd be tempted to limit crafting feats to Brew Potion, Craft Staff, Craft Wand, and Scribe Scroll and call it a day.

When you break it down, these feats at character creation are just "Get magic items at half cost." I would personally disallow them at creation just because that's all they do; if you want players to get discount items, just give 'em discount items. After character creation, I don't figure there's anything wrong with just ignoring the feat requirement if people want to make the items... so long as it's not assembly line, mass-manufacture style. (You've still gotta get that certain jewel from the City of Brass to put into your sequoiya stave that was struck by lightning on the equinox in order to make your "Wand of Fireball" etc)

QuoteCustom Magic Items: Should they be allowed at all, or, as with 3rd party material, evaluated on a case by case basis? What restrictions should be placed on their accessibility, if any? Should they only be available to those who take crafting feats? Should they cost their full value in gold pieces, rather than the usual half when crafting?

How much customization? Swapping slots for magic properties usually isn't a big deal; a Belt of Protection +1 doesn't give you anything a Ring of Protection +1 doesn't. Similarly, putting the properties from a chain shirt onto mithril full plate (and upping the cost appropriately) usually isn't an issue. When you get into homebrew effects, it can get a little dicey. I'd say case-by-case, with care; You don't want people with gear full of Luck bonuses.  :-)

Roleplay Frog

Setting: Particular to Greyhawk, but no backbreaker.

Crafting: Don't.

Custom items: Case by case strict rulings, a custom item should at best be equal to a comparable item of equal cost, I.e. If someone wants a belt of improving int and strength for some reason I'd be cautious.

Now the Frog has to plan out a character. *nods sagely* Actually, wait, I can use a certain character archetype I likie. Woooo

Random note on character creation.. while 25 point buy is the safe option, a  dual set of 4d6, drop lowest is, statistically, superior,.. if you like to gamble. Which I do!
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Roll Result: Sunny party time rolled: 4d6, keeping 3 dice
Comment:
Result: 4, 1, 4, 1,
Total: 9

Result: 2, 4, 4, 6,
Total: 14

Comment:
Result: 3, 1, 1, 3,
Total: 7

Comment:
Result: 6, 5, 6, 5,
Total: 17

Comment:
Result: 2, 1, 3, 2,

Comment:
Result: 2, 2, 3, 6,
Total: 11

Hooh jinxed it. I think I'll have a look at those DM rolls too. *chuckles.* Honestly, I am kinda tempted, I never got to play a character this bad.

Roleplay Frog

Ok, I can't make up my mind between two concepts with similiar base principles, both would be hard-hitting frontlineish fighters, but one is more good, one more evil.. so letting you decide!

Good themed frog

Or evil frog!

Lockepick

Is this game still recruiting? If so, I'd love to plant some interest.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 11, 2018, 09:11:22 AM
Ok, I can't make up my mind between two concepts with similiar base principles, both would be hard-hitting frontlineish fighters, but one is more good, one more evil.. so letting you decide!

Good themed frog

Or evil frog!

Well, wushu music was nice but my inner metal/rock would place vote for evil frog for sure if using that theme on char :). Now to help nail down my char concept/idea here's some theme's;

Roleplay Frog

+1 Evil frog vote.

The piratey song is.. well honestly, for pirates, rather generic, you can do better. Goody thing.. well, sounds good.

Omnia harping.. yeah evil wins out sorry. :P

Zaer Darkwail

Well, pirate song was for because my neutral concept was for a pirate themed char. So winner is evil bard who turned their sibling into a harp (killed him out of jealousy).

Hunter

Setting: I'm familiar with Golarion and Forgotten Realms.   I've heard of but never played in Greyhawk.   I haven't heard of Nentir Vale or Tal'Dorei.
So Golarion or Realms.

Crafting: I'd agree with your limitation.   It wouldn't hurt to have the healer (which, odds are, will be me) being able to whip up their own consumables.

Custom Magic Items: I'd have to echo Chulanowa as to what that meant exactly.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 11, 2018, 01:30:28 PM
Well, pirate song was for because my neutral concept was for a pirate themed char. So winner is evil bard who turned their sibling into a harp (killed him out of jealousy).

Well, yes, but pirates have so many options! from epic over classy over spooky to silly:

Ixy

Baudziel "Bezi" Voyed
Backstory
In the city of Nex,  the great Keleshite known as Lord Voyed was among the best-seated arcanist societies in the city, his accomplishments in magic considered invaluable to the ruling order.  Some say he was close to unraveling the fabric of magic itself, and that he was developing a touchstone that would open the fabric of the planes and allow the unlimited channeling of magic through a single conduit.   Already in his hundredth year of development on this project, his unnaturally long life (as no one could measure his exact age) and limitless vigor seemed a testament to his vision, and his relatively young elven wife was bearing their third child-- undoubtedly destined to join the ranks of the Voyed nobles as a magic scholar of the highest degree.

Thus, it was a bit of a surprise when the child's birth was followed with no grand celebration-- only a quiet announcement and a request that the family be allowed minimal visitors, as the birth's complications had required their arcane skills and intervention to prevent loss of life, and that the babe and mother were healthy but required rest.  "And a-thank you for your understanding, good fellows of the court."

The babe, who was named Baudziel, was kept sequestered from her siblings visited only by a her parents and a single nursemaid whose identity was kept secret by a complicated combination of spellcraft and monetary expenditure.  Despite their embracing of all things arcane, Lord Voyed knew that to admit that his own child had somehow been born... different... would spell disaster for his project.  Was it the influence of extraplanar forces on his pregnant wife?  Or had something come across and... influenced her prior to conception?  Worse still, had she conceived the babe with someone... something... else?  For in the crib, sitting without bawling and picking the seams from a woolen doll, sat a golden-skinned little girl with stubs of horns on her head, and a sinewy, and thrashing, tail.

Lord Voyed's magics to modify her form proved... painful... for the baby.  And despite his attempts to enforce permanent change, they always wore off.  He knew that any attempts to conceal her difference would be immediately apparent to his magus peers, some of whom even excelled his ability.  He would either have to keep her concealed a chamber warded against scrying, or he would have to be rid of her.

And so Baudziel learned in that tower, taking magic with her milk.  She did not learn it the same as other mages, and was slow with many of her lessons, but she possessed great aptitude once it took.  Yet still, she longed for the world outside, a world she learned of in books and images but had never seen on her own.

Then, on her eleventh birthday, her true Father came for the gate.  Having a link of blood between the material plane and his own having weakened that bond, he sieged the touchstone llike a gate with an army of demons behind him, and in the ensuing battle, her birth family was wiped out... along with their keep, their servants, many town watch, and more than a few able mage-knights.  But the gateway was closed, and the touchstone destroyed... everything gone but the one magically sealed and warded room in which she dwelled, which the watch-captain opened cautiously with a spell at the ready.

The Voyed's survivors were cast out of Nex, and Baudziel-- now nicknamed "Bezi"-- was turned over to them.  With equal measures revulsion, guilt, fear, and pity, Bezi was taken back to the Keleshite deserts where she would be raised.  There, she learned that she was not special, not some jewel to be locked away in a high, warded cabinet.  Nor was she a monster-- not trash to be buried, not a beast to be spit upon or driven to the ground.  She was a Voyed, and she should carry the name well.

She learned the blade and honed her magic, she knew battle and killed killers, she understood that death had taken her parents and she learned what pain could be-- finally she was alive and in the real world, and it was like boiling water in an open wound.  She was mad for it and anguished at once, only finding peace in the iciest of cold desert nights under the black skies.  And soon she found that peace in other places-- in her tent, curled among her compatriots, in a cavern among the dead scorpion nest that had plagued a nearby village, over the pleading, mewling forms of a soon-to-die raider lord among his gold piles.  That peace came more and more, and soon she did not care how she cound it, so long as she could bring death and know the silence after... all that the Voyed needed do was point at a target and she would attack.

Eventually, she understood that the losses others felt were like her own.  She could feel no "good" in the world, find no joy in creation-- only momentarily enjoy the distractions of earthly pleasures.  She was become a tool of vengeance, and when an elder of the family awoke one midnight babbling of a place they had once been, deep in the desert-- a salt-flat called "The White Death"-- and Bezi was certain who she would meet there.

Following the vision, they traveled to the place, and Bezi kept vigil amid the cracked salt and broad, empty skies, naked and without water or food for two days' heat and two nights' freezing cold.  At the peak of the sun on the third day, she heard a rustling upon the wind-- sand blowing against the rocks with a constant noise, it seemed... it persisted, louder, until it not unlike the buzzing of a hive.  And then it was clear.

Striding from the white horizon as a wavering black ghost, moving closer in an agonizingly slow fashion, the black spot of a form transluscent in the heatwaves was still sinuous and beautiful.  Upon reaching her, the woman was unlike anything Bezi had ever seen... impossibly tall, impossibly beautiful.  Sweat like honey glistened on her skin, and the buzzing sound roaring ever louder.  Full lips like caligraphy curled to a smile-- a smile so genuine it had to be wicked.  The woman crouched, her long fingers on the stone-like salt, and she crawled closer.  Then, upon reaching Bezi-- so close that the strands of her hair tickled the Tiefling's thigh in the warm, dry breeze-- she clenched her hand into a claw, tearing up a chunk of the packed salt with impossible strength.  Serve. The voice echoed, half-whisper, half-shout, as she drug the jagged white crystal, brown and gray with dirt, scratching a long track between Bezi's breasts to her navel, breaking the skin and sending a warm thread of blood down her lower belly.  And be served.

The cut burned with the sting of salt and sweat, worsening like the fire of wasp venom, the fire of it spreading through her skin as Calistria's face watched, looked up at her writhing, and laughed.  Soon she fell, the fire spreading through her stomach and chest, working toward her arms and legs, and the visage of the goddess straddled her bare hips and pinned her down.  Pain and pleasure... you are free.  It became impossible to think through the pain, and Bezi could only react, thrash, squirm under the powerful woman who was, suddenly, like iron atop her, pinning her prone.  The mouth lowered, covered hers, and as she screamed out in horror and terror, a swarm of wasps flooded into her mouth--

And then she woke, standing as she was on the cracked salt, with blood drying on her mound and stomach from the fresh, glowing tattoo on her midsection.  The silvery ink was indellible and shone like the moon, even here in the full desert sun, on her golden-hued skin. 

"I serve," she said, and placed her hands together once.  "And in service I am free."

Baudziel "Bezi" Voyed
CN Outsider (Humanoid)
L15 (14 Black Blade Magus/Hexcrafter Magus, 1 Unchained Rogue)

Reference link to my latest rolls

BASE STATISTICS
Size Medium.  HP 101
Speed 30, Run x4, Fly 60ft (good)
STR 10   DEX 26   CON 14   INT 20   WIS 12   CHA 8
BAB 10.  CMD 33.  CMB 12.

SKILL CHECKS (INCLUDES ACP)
Acrobatics 10, Appraise 5, Bluff 8,  Climb 2, Diplomacy 3, Disable Device 12(14), Disguise -1, Escape Artist 12, Fly 28 (35 check w/Hex), Heal 1, Intimidate -1, Knowledge (Arcana) 22, (Dungeoneering) 15, (Planes) 15, Linguistics 9, Perception 25, Perform (Dance) 4, Ride 6, Sense Motive 7, Sleight of Hand 10, Spellcraft 22, Stealth 18, Survival 1, Swim 6, Use Magic Device 3 (*=boosted +1 from headband of vast intelligence)
Languages: Infernal, Common, Abyssal, Draconic, Elven, Ignan *, Celestial * (*=granted from headband of vast intelligence)

OFFENSE
Black Blade (+4 Scimitar) (spell combat) +20/+15, 15-20/x2, 1d6+12 S (Cast Spell w/empty hand)
Black Blade w/o spell combat +22/+17

DEFENSE
AC: 30.  Touch 22.  FF: 22
Saving throws: Fort 16, Ref 19, Will 16

SPECIAL ABILITIES
-ARCHETYPES: Bladebound, Hexcrafter
-ARMOR PROFICIENCY: Light, Medium, Heavy
-WEAPON PROFICIENCY:    Simple, Martial, hand crossbow, scimitar
-SNEAK ATTACK +1d6
-TRAPFINDING +1
-FINESSE TRAINING
-ARCANE POOL
-SPELLSTRIKE
-MAGUS ARCANA: Empowered Magic, Hasted Assault, Maximized Magic, Flamboyant Arcana, Rod Wielder
-HEX MAGUS: Flight 14 minutes/day (+35 FLY)
-KNOWLEDGE POOL
-GREATER SPELL COMBAT
-FIGHTER TRAINING
-SPELL RECALL
-BLACK BLADE - X'all C'thosi - +4 Scimitar, INT 16, WIS 12, CHA 12, EGO 16, BB Arcane Pool 4, Knowledge Arcana 5, Languages common, Abyssal, Aklo, Draconic, Chelaxian, Vishkanya
-BLACK BLADE ABILITIES: Alertness, Black Blade Strike, Telepathy, Unbreakable, Energy Attunement, Teleport Blade, Transfer Arcana

FEATS
-RIME SPELL
-EXTRA ARCANA
-EXTRA ARCANA
-ARTFUL DODGE
-DIMENSONAL AGILITY
-INTENSIFIED SPELL
-EXTRA ARCANE POOL
-IMPROVED CRITICAL (SCIMITAR)
-REDIRECT ATTACK
-DERVISH DANCE
-VITAL STRIKE (FREE)

TRAITS:
-INDOMITABLE FAITH
-MAGICAL LINEAGE (SHOCKING GRASP)

MAGICAL ITEMS

Ring of Arcane Mastery - "Voyed Signet Ring"
Ring of Protection +3 - "Betrothment Ring"
Rod of Metamagic - Quicken Normal
Headband of Vast Intelligence +4
Belt of Incredible Dexterity +4 "Doe's Sash"
Amulet of Natural Armor +2
Cloak of Resistance +5
Handy Haversack
Eyes of the Eagle
Pearl of Power - Level 1 -x5
Pearl of Power - Level 2 x1
Dweomer's Essence x5
Buffering Cap
Hat of Disguise (carried)
Daredevil Softpaws
Ioun Stone - Dusty Rose Prism
Muleback Cords (CUSTOMIZED TO WRIST SLOT)
Wand of Blade Tutor's Spirit

ADDITIONAL GEAR (IN HAVERSACK OR WORN)

Courtesan's outfit
Myrrh x3
Granite and diamond dust vials x3
Blanket
Tent (medium)
Anti-toxin x5
Anti-plague x5
Scroll of Identify x5
Scroll of Keep Watch x10
Scroll of Bed of Iron x0
Hot Weather outfit
Night tea x7
Scrollbox
Liquid Ice x6

SPELLBOOK

Level 0      
Read Magic      
Brand      
Dancing Lights      
Daze      
Detect Magic      
Disrupt Undead      
Flare      
Ray of Frost      
Light      
Mage Hand      
Prestidigitation      
Acid Splash      
Arcane Mark      
Ghost Sound      
Open/Close      
Spark      

Level 1      
Blade Lash      
Blurred Movement      
Frostbite      
Chill Touch      
Shocking Grasp      
Long Arm      
True Strike
Reduce Person
Grease
Color Spray

Level 2      
Flurry of Snowballs      
Euphoric Cloud      
Mirror Image      
Frigid Touch      
Glitterdust      
Scorching Ray      

Level 3      
Vampiric touch      
Haste      
Slow      
Dispel Magic      
Sleet Storm      
Elemental Aura      

Level 4      
Dimension Door      
Invisibility, greater      
Stoneskin      
Caustic Blood      
Solid Fog      
Ball Lightning

Level 5      
Cone of Cold      
Teleport      
Wall of Force      
Bladed Dash, Greater      

SPELLS MEMORIZED

LEVEL 0
Brand      
Prestidigitation      
Read Magic      
Mage Hand      
Detect Magic      

LEVEL 1
Intensified - Shocking Grasp   

LEVEL 2
Mirror Image      
Mirror Image      
Glitterdust      
Rime - Frostbite
Rime - Frostbite

LEVEL 3
Haste      
Rime - Flurry of Snowballs      
Rime - Frigid Touch      
Vampiric touch      
Dispel Magic      

LEVEL 4
Invisibility, greater      
Caustic Blood      
Dimension Door      
Dimension Door      
Stoneskin      

LEVEL 5
Cone of Cold
Cone of Cold
Teleport

Calculations and Rolls

HP Rolls: 1, 5, 5, 7, 7, 1, 5, 5, 3, 2, 6, 4, 8, 4
AC: 10+6 armor + 0 shield + 8 dex + 0 size + 2 nat + 3 defl + 1 misc
CMB 10 BAB + 8 Dex + 5 misc + 10
CMB 10 BAB + 2 Misc
Saves: Fort 9 base+ 2 con + 5 misc.  Refl 6 base + 8 dex + 5 misc.  Will 9 base + 1 wis + 6 misc

Skill/Power Uses Remaining

Redirect Attack: 1
Wand of Blade Tutor's Spirit 50
Buffering Cap: 1
Metamagic: Quicken rod: 3
Ring of Arcane Mastery: 4
Flight: 14
Maximized Magic: 1
Empowered Magic: 1
Arcane Pool 14
BB Arcane Pool: 4
Attempts to siphon BB arcane pool: 1

Additional Modifiers

AC: +1 dodge - against an opponent when you are the only one threatening them. (Artful Dodge)
Concentration: +4 - when casting teleport spells (Dimensional Agility)
Disable Device: +2 circumstance - when using masterwork tools (Thieves' tools, masterwork)
Endurance checks: +2 circumstance - when an elf only eats this for a week (Rations,  Elven Trail (per day) [Medium creature])
Fortitude: +5 alchemical - on Fortitude saves against disease for one hour after drinking (Antiplague (vial))
+5 alchemical - vs poison for one hour after drinking (Antitoxin (vial))
+2 - when wearing and used to resist warm or hot weather (Hot weather outfit [Medium creature])
Perception: +1 - to locate traps (Trapfinding)
Saving Throws: +1 willpower

indarkestknight

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 11, 2018, 07:25:25 AMRandom note on character creation.. while 25 point buy is the safe option, a  dual set of 4d6, drop lowest is, statistically, superior,.. if you like to gamble. Which I do!

Comment:
Result: 4, 1, 4, 1,
Total: 9

Result: 2, 4, 4, 6,
Total: 14

Comment:
Result: 3, 1, 1, 3,

Comment:
Result: 6, 5, 6, 5,
Total: 17

Comment:
Result: 2, 1, 3, 2,

Comment:
Result: 2, 2, 3, 6,
Total: 11

Hooh jinxed it. I think I'll have a look at those DM rolls too. *chuckles.* Honestly, I am kinda tempted, I never got to play a character this bad.

11, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 11, 2018, 03:09:06 PM
11, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17.

Hard choice.. So what would you vote, nice or naughty frog?

Also! what do you think of the radiant house publishing archetypes for occultist inspired characters? Basically, they are the binder from ToM 3.5, giving a martial type some variation at the cost of some of their usual class-goodies. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/radiance-house/occultist/

Hunter

I'll work on a cleric (with one level dip into sorcerer), probably put him together tomorrow.   Expect a human male with Pharasma for a diety (unless it's a different realm than Golarion).

Edit: I can't decide between these two pictures....
one
two

keyotess

Setting: not partial to any particular one, never played in any of them.

Crafting: generally not in favor of it

Special Magic Items: case by case.

It will be Saturday before I can sit down and make a character.     Are we playing an evil campaign?  I have a paladin(good) mostly designed that I want to see how well it works at high level and can easily modify history, but not really for an evil campaign.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Hunter on October 11, 2018, 04:11:28 PM
I'll work on a cleric (with one level dip into sorcerer), probably put him together tomorrow.   Expect a human male with Pharasma for a diety (unless it's a different realm than Golarion).

Edit: I can't decide between these two pictures....
one
two

I'd go with young Viserys Targaryen, personally.

PhantomPistoleer

Could I please get a GM set of rolls?  Mine were horrendous.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Hunter

I don't recall if I mentioned it but I post on the average of at least once a day.     What, other than a completed character sheet and a picture do I need to submit?

indarkestknight

Quote from: Lockepick on October 11, 2018, 09:50:45 AM

Yes. Still recruiting.

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 11, 2018, 03:22:09 PM
Hard choice.. So what would you vote, nice or naughty frog?

Yes. *mathematician's answer*

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 11, 2018, 03:22:09 PMAlso! what do you think of the radiant house publishing archetypes for occultist inspired characters? Basically, they are the binder from ToM 3.5, giving a martial type some variation at the cost of some of their usual class-goodies. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/radiance-house/occultist/

I'll need some time to review this before I can approve it.

Quote from: keyotess on October 11, 2018, 04:19:07 PM
Are we playing an evil campaign?  I have a paladin(good) mostly designed that I want to see how well it works at high level and can easily modify history, but not really for an evil campaign.

That is up to the playerbase. The module could certainly allow for it, as many evil characters would still have a stake in keeping the planet at a comfortable temperature.

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on October 11, 2018, 04:35:03 PM
Could I please get a GM set of rolls?  Mine were horrendous.

7, 10, 10, 11, 13, 14

Quote from: Hunter on October 11, 2018, 06:53:24 PM
I don't recall if I mentioned it but I post on the average of at least once a day.     What, other than a completed character sheet and a picture do I need to submit?

That should be adequate for now.

PhantomPistoleer

Yours are considerably better than mine, which are:

Result:
5, 1, 5, 1,  = 11
1, 2, 1, 2,  = 5
4, 1, 6, 3,  = 13
1, 4, 3, 4,  = 11
2, 3, 3, 1,  = 8
3, 2, 2, 3,  = 8

But both sets are too awful for me to proceed with character creation.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Hunter

Dice bots universally hate me.   I'm going with point buy.

indarkestknight

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on October 11, 2018, 09:27:36 PM
But both sets are too awful for me to proceed with character creation.

I'm sorry to hear that, PP. If you change your mind, you'll be welcome.

Chanticleer

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 11, 2018, 03:23:12 AM
Original post has been updated. Please check for information regarding Character Creation and Houserules.

I am aware I left a handful of rather significant subjects up in the air. That is because I have not yet come to a decision regarding either of these subjects. I would like to encourage the potential playerbase to voice their preferences with regard to these two subjects.

Crafting: While crafting midgame is unlikely, to what extent should crafting be allowed? This is tied into the issue of custom magic items to some extent, and if it weren't for custom magic items, I'd be tempted to limit crafting feats to Brew Potion, Craft Staff, Craft Wand, and Scribe Scroll and call it a day.

Custom Magic Items: Should they be allowed at all, or, as with 3rd party material, evaluated on a case by case basis? What restrictions should be placed on their accessibility, if any? Should they only be available to those who take crafting feats? Should they cost their full value in gold pieces, rather than the usual half when crafting?

I’m inclined towards Golarion. It was built to work with PF, no conversion, no sweat.

Crafting…It’s very powerful for characters that don’t need every single feat, and oddly enough many of those are already quite powerful classes. I’m kind of against it. Kind of.

Custom items can get really OP really fast. In a way, needing a hand free for it is part of a wand’s balance. Making a ‘shield +3 of wand of fireball’ with ‘sword +3 of wand of spell penetration’ gets a bit crazy. I think custom items should probably be given the once over by the GM.

Working on a point-buy kitsune sorcerer, because despite hearing a lot about them I’ve never actually played one.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Hunter on October 11, 2018, 09:28:40 PM
Dice bots universally hate me.   I'm going with point buy.

Safe bet, doing same as well as 4d6 x 6 is bit too low for against 25 point buy which gives generous stats overall :).

Hunter

I haven't put in the character's hit points but everything else is done, I think.   I'll upload a copy to my 4shared account once he's approved.
Tolha Darkfist

Picture

Zaer Darkwail

So far leaning to use Brazen Deceiver archtype for my char (which is a bard). Need choose between pics (background wise he is consort to queen but is truth masterful evil mastermind behind the throne). Pic also influences race choice.

One
Two
Three
Four
Five

indarkestknight

Keep in mind that if the adventure is set in Golarion, this archetype explicitly makes you an agent or former agent of the Council of Thieves.

QuoteBrazen deceivers’ techniques come from a dark source. During the reformation of the Council, Sabriune and Aspexia acquired the shattered fragments of an ancient relic called the Totemrix, which belonged to the long-deceased demon lord of shadows, Vyriavaxus. This particularly intrigued Sabriune, for it was her demonic patron Nocticula who slew Vyriavaxus. Drawing upon Sabriune’s heretical faith, Aspexia’s psychometric mastery, and Westcrown’s lingering psychic trauma from an oppressive shadow curse that plagued its nights for many years, the Council leaders were able to coax remnants of power from the broken artifact. All brazen deceivers are imbued with a fragment of that power during their initiation—not enough to damn a soul or shift alignment, but just enough to give these bards access to the sinister energies they need to deceive.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I can fit it into background story if game takes place in Golarion.

Hunter

I'm having trouble with the dicebot, it seems.

1d6 Result: 4
13d8 Result: 7, 7, 6, 6, 5, 2, 6, 1, 1, 1, 3, 6, 3,
Total: 54

Roleplay Frog

To ease your consideration DM, I'm going for a particular prestige, The Rakshasa prince, but only if evil. Basically give you babies first time stop and I definitly do now that to play something Dio inspired *cough*

I can do other stuff too , mind yous.

Ixy

Callie Del Noire

Still looking? This weekend is Cayden’s Crawl, our local con for PFS, but I’d like to do a high level character if I could

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ixy on October 12, 2018, 01:33:21 PM
Ok, my draft is up for review.  Please be gentle.

Background story is nice read :). Not sure of crunch (did not take closer look).

indarkestknight

Decisions have been made regarding Setting, Custom Magic Items, and Crafting, and the original post has been updated accordingly.

Quote from: VonDoom on October 10, 2018, 02:32:52 AM
I'm interested and hoping to offer up a bard character of the pragmatic evil persuasion - who is out for fame, wealth and power by pretend - acting as a heroic figure.

However, from the looks of it, Temple of Luminescence is pretty much just a dungeon crawl, which is about my least favourite aspect on the intrigue/combat/exploration side of things. If I'm mistaken and it has plenty of social opportunities, please let me know, otherwise my preference is strongly towards anything with a social/intrigue focus.

Temple of Luminescence does afford some unique RP opportunities, but it is designed primarily as a dungeon crawl, yes. Pity. The character sounds quite entertaining. If I pick up a more social/intrigue heavy game in the future, however, you will be quite welcome to participate.

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 11, 2018, 03:22:09 PM
Also! what do you think of the radiant house publishing archetypes for occultist inspired characters? Basically, they are the binder from ToM 3.5, giving a martial type some variation at the cost of some of their usual class-goodies. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/radiance-house/occultist/

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 12, 2018, 11:45:05 AM
To ease your consideration DM, I'm going for a particular prestige, The Rakshasa prince, but only if evil. Basically give you babies first time stop and I definitly do now that to play something Dio inspired *cough*

I can do other stuff too , mind yous.

Having given it some deliberation, I'm going to give a tentative go-ahead. I'll be examining the components of your character carefully when you submit your character sheet.

Quote from: Lockepick on October 11, 2018, 09:50:45 AM

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 12, 2018, 01:48:47 PM
Still looking? This weekend is Cayden’s Crawl, our local con for PFS, but I’d like to do a high level character if I could

There's still room.

Quote from: keyotess on October 11, 2018, 04:19:07 PM
It will be Saturday before I can sit down and make a character.     Are we playing an evil campaign?  I have a paladin(good) mostly designed that I want to see how well it works at high level and can easily modify history, but not really for an evil campaign.

So far we have a TN and a CN character. It sounds like there's at least one evil character in the works (Zaer's bard) and one character that could go either way (Roleplay Frog's pact magic occultist).

Quote from: Hunter on October 12, 2018, 11:06:13 AM
I'm having trouble with the dicebot, it seems.

1d6 Result: 4
13d8 Result: 7, 7, 6, 6, 5, 2, 6, 1, 1, 1, 3, 6, 3,
Total: 54

1d6 Result: 6
13d8 Result: 8, 5, 3, 3, 8, 3, 8, 3, 4, 2, 8, 2, 5,

So that'd be
8, 7, 6, 6, 8, 3, 8, 3, 4, 2, 8, 6, 5
Total: 80

Ixy, Hunter, I'll review your sheets over the weekend. *charsheet accountant mode*

If I've missed anything from anyone, please don't be shy about nudging me.

Hunter

Quote from: indarkestknight on October 13, 2018, 02:16:22 AM
Ixy, Hunter, I'll review your sheets over the weekend. *charsheet accountant mode*

If I've missed anything from anyone, please don't be shy about nudging me.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you.     I'll probably swap the magic backpack and the current wand for character created versions of same; I'll give you time to look him over before I make that adjustment.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 12, 2018, 12:56:24 AM
So far leaning to use Brazen Deceiver archtype for my char (which is a bard). Need choose between pics (background wise he is consort to queen but is truth masterful evil mastermind behind the throne). Pic also influences race choice.

One
Two
Three
Four
Five

The first strikes me as most decievery. I mean, the second is basically Dark Schneider and the Third is Khorne-Strahd, so those'd be out. *nodnods*

Anyway, working on my own now, since there's one vote for ebil frog and none opposed. If DM dislikes this, I shall do the good aligned idea which is rather similiar.

Roleplay Frog

Note: Big update after realizing the class I wanted to do has had a changing!

Definitly going for flamboyantly heroic yet utterly evil leader naow.

Sun Jin'Yi, The Lotus Prince
Lvl 15 Neutral Evil Human Samurai Shogun

Prince Sun, the saviour of Grayholme is known as a flamboyant, at times eccentric, yet charming defender of the weak. Despite his rough exterior he has always come to the defense of many people at large with intimidating force. Strange rumours about him killing people on a whim persist to follow him, but most consider this vicious slander of a truly kind and generous man.

"How dare you stand before your emperor in such ragedy clothing? Here, have these gold coins, buy yourself some proper attire and take your gauntness out of my eyes!" -Sun, to a beggar.

Full backstory

Born a prince of a small yet beautiful noble kingdom of Tian, Sun would have been first in line of sucession, if not for his feeble statue and, at least for an emperor to be, slow wit. Growing up, all he had was his determined personality.. and the mockery of the servants, hidden behind a veil of respect for the feeble prince.

However, he was not without true friends, an old priest of General Susumu, the Black Daimyo frequently adviced him, seeing in him the potential of a mighty ruler, if just properly.. cultivated.
The old priest taught him to overcome the mockery with strength, until the doubts with determination, and his own human weakness with forbidden magic.
In the end, the prince half strong-armed, half impressed him enough to begin a forbidden ritual, binding his very soul with an unholy spirit that greatly increased his physical abilities and, as the two believed, would make him a ruler of all there was and ever would be.

The spirits original intent had been to pervert the young prince.. but rather, it found itself bowing in respect. There was one with a potential for evil and a hunger for obeisance much greater than it's own.

Taking quickly to the spirits encouragement the young man stepped up to claim rulership of his kingdom.. and all those around it. Quickly it became apparent that the now beautiful, strong man whom many admired.. had also become twisted to the core, disdaining the weak more than anything, for seeing his old self within them. And as always in such tales, a rebellion and hero came to stop evil.
In this case in the form of a mighty, good dragon that challenged the wicked emperor, their battle burning most of her slave-build empire to dust most think that the Dark prince died then and there, amidst the tragic ashes of his empire.. but he escaped, determined to find a more worthy people and empire to rule now that the rebellion, unknowing of ruling and infrastructure, had run his empire to the ground after deposing of him.

The prince appears genuinly friendly and forthcoming, with the charm of a born ruler and little flaws to his personality and at best, an extravagant flamboyance to his name.
The closeness of the sun raises two primary issues for the young prince. For one, he cannot risk his beautiful skin gaining too much of a tan. For two, he tolerates none to harm his kingdom to be.. or his future subjects. Everyone in this world belongs to him. So none may harm these people either.

Ability Scores(+Modifiers)
Str 20 +5
Dex 13 +1
Con 28 +9
Int 11 --
Wis 13 +1
Cha 12 +1

HP: 263 (10+15d10+135) Armor Class: 25(Flat footed: 23 Touch: 10 ) Initiative Bonus: +2 Speed:d 20 ft land CMD: 32
Saving Throws: Fort: 23 Ref: 11 Will: 14
Class/Racial Feats
Human: +2 Constitution, Bonus feat, skilled
Shogun Samurai: Resolve (15/d), Bountiful Resolve, Ordered Strike, Challenge 5/d; Dr 4/-, Diehard, Order of The Black Daimyo (evil warrior), Honor in All things 4/d, Banner (if displayed, +4 vs fear, +3 attack rolls on charge, +2 vs charm and compulsion), Fierce Resolve, Way of the Samurai, Greater Resolve, Battlefield Strategist, Honorable Stand, Demanding Challenge, Strike True

Chosen Feats(9 total): Iron Will, Unimpeachable Honor, Power Attack, Unconquerable Resolve, Unconquerable Resolve II, Unconquerable Resolve III, Endurance, Heroic Defiance, Improved Critical (Katana), Vital Strike, Improved Vital Strike,

Traits:Tactician, Indomitable Faith (+1 will)

Skills:
Intimidate: +19
Sense Motive: +19
Perception: +16
Knowledge: Nobility, History +18 (+7 if involving his own land)

Equipment and items:240k to spend.
Belt of Mighty Constitution +6, 36k
Cloak of Resistance +5  25 k
Spellbreaker, a +1 Greater Transformative Adamantine Spell-Stealing Katana of Strength +6, 86k total (Custom item, 3k gold for adamantine, 15k for Greater Versatile, 36 k for +6 Strength enhancement to user, 32 k for +4 Enhancement bonus on weapon.)
+5 Deathless Steel Full Plate 37.5 k 
Boots of the Earth 5k
Headband of Unshakable Resolve 5.6 k
Necklace of Adaption 9k
Ring of Sustenance 2.7k 
Bag of Holding II 5 k gold 
Tengu Drinking Jug 1k gold 
Ring of Protection +1,  2k 
Snapleaf x2 1.5k
Expedition Pavillion 6.4k
Field Scrivener's desk 5.4k
Talisman of the summoned Steed 3.6k
Haunted Shoes 6.5ish k 
Drug, slavers drops x5, gold, Poison: Gelidburn oil x1, additional set of rich clothing, campfire bead about 1kish total.

Attacks: -4 Ab, +12 Damage if power-attacking.
+21/+16/+11 Spell Stealing Katana 1d8 +8 (15-20 x2), Can forego critical hits to steal spell, level 14+1d20 vs 11 +caster level

Zaer Darkwail

Using Froggy's format to mine as well, my char is also social albeit considering dungeon crawling bluff is not that bad (more so if you focus most your spells/skills to illusions and such).

Disguised as mortal 'Taliash'

True form (Fiendskin+Tempting Flesh)

Talion ('Taliash') Duskwhisper, Prince Consort, Lord of Shadows
Lvl 15 Chaotic Evil Elf Bard (Brazen Deceiver) 5/Evangelist 10

Prince Consort Talion Duskwhisper hails from mysterious Mordant Spires, a ancient elven land which is shrouded in ancient customs and oaths, arrogance, secrecy and paranoia. Centuries ago he ventured forth from the island, to seek ancient relics from other elven sites, tracking them down to Westcrown and discovered some ancient era relics, some dangerous, were on auction. With usual haughty elf manner he simply did not buy or request returned; he outright stole them from warehouse which was under Council of Thieves protection. Now normally policy for such is outright assassination and council definitely tried that route; but they failed. Then when Talion was cornered in battle against multiple assassins, the artifacts activated accidentally and displayed how dangerous they can truly be in unwise hands, only he could close artifacts which stole several souls of important agents of the council and nobles alike.....and he did then something unusual; he returned those souls and people back to life and sneaked into one council secret meetings.

He then told how foolish council had been in regards handling artifacts and told they need someone who can tell from harmless trinket to dangerous ancient artifact among their ranks, so he requested to join the organization to avoid future mess. Council then agreed; they tested Talion and he became one their experts on stolen ancient relics from Azlanti and other ancient eras. Overtime he climbed organization ladder and even became member of the council less than century thanks of his skills and powers he developed later on (and was acquired later in binding part of essence of deceased demon lord's shadowy power which fit like a glove on himself). Also through association and personal interest he became follower of Nocticula and from his devotion to her gained overtime magical powers which helped cement his hold as princess consort (even when she ascended to throne as queen). However in 4606 AR civil war started in Cheliax and it then later changed dynamics of the council great deal and led to toxic paranoia which resulted council members even killing each other, so Talion feigned his own death and disappeared entirely out of council's radar, as he no longer found use of said council.

But his legend continue on beyond his career from council and he has years lived as shadowy figure in underworld while living as renowned prince consort to the present ruler of Mordant Spires.

Pre-Council Background

Talion was not born alone into the world, he had twin brother Taliash, however despite identical appearances Talion and Taliash weren't nothing alike each other. Taliash was kind, warm and considerate and calm where Talion had hot temper, mean spirit and arrogant. They competed a lot each other and their talents and skills also differed; Taliash more warrior and 'brute' as Talion called him while Talion had sharp wit, charm and grace.

They both were heirs of Duskwhisper family which was noble line in Mordant Spires and ruler at time arranged marriage between daughter and heirs of Duskwhispers, considering they were twins the future princess dated and courted both, but in end chose Taliash because of his 'noble' character. This drived Talion on dark rage from jealousy, so he lured his brother to watch and listen sirens song in northern shores of Mordant Spires, promising use bardic craft to protect him from luring song. However he betrayed his brother; he let sirens song affect him and make him become dazed by them and then push him over the cliff onto ocean, his body become battered and broken in the process and die in the fall. However Talion waited his body come to shore, he butchered the body into dozen pieces, taking strands of Taliash's fabulous hair and then brought all body parts to local coven of hags known locally by Sisters of Wilderness (formed by green, night and storm hag). He brought his brother's remains and requested them make finest harp from his remains, in return he promised for next decade bring every year one child for each hag (to do as they wish) and a man to share between them. A bargain was struck and hags weaved dark horrific magic together create a dark disturbing harp ever, which has own subtle illusion disguise it's nature to appear more beautiful harp.

In regards on informing Taliash demise, he did not do it. Far too risk being caught, so instead he used magical scroll of simulacra to create clone of himself which he let continue life as 'Talion' while himself continue life as 'Taliash'. As Taliash he married his destined wife in arranged and happy marriage while Talion lived on as shameful heir who partied and lived lecherous life. Eventually 'Talion' performed treason (stealing one relics of royal family) and as was given duty Taliash chased his twin brother down in epic confrontation outside Mordant Spires and in mainland instead. The duel was fierce and in end Taliash (Talion) was victorious (over his own loyal bound clone) and he brought relic back and thus erased anyone finding the truth of horrible murder (or his pact to hags as he placed disappearance of children and men to his clone as well). But because of his epic journey he was made traveling retriever of relics from ancient holds and a traveling ambassador and diplomat to Kyonin. So noble Taliash could depart from his mask in homeland and take face of Talion once more, live as truly self among council of thieves while continue living on a epic created lie in his homeland.

Str 9 -1
Dex 22 +6
Con 10 --
Int 20 +5
Wis 10 --
Cha 22 +6

Using GM rolled stats/HP

Stats (before level bonuses+items): 9, 10, 12, 13, 13, 17
HP:7, 8, 7, 6, 5, 8, 5, 4, 3, 7, 8, 8, 7, 5

Racials+permanent effects

+2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Int
Elven Immunities
Fiendish Resistance: You have cold resistance 10 and electricity resistance 10, immune to fire.
Illustrious Urbanite

City elves have a remarkable ability to combine magic harmoniously with their surroundings. They gain Spell Focus with conjuration, illusion, or transmutation spells as a bonus feat. When casting spells of this school, the elves can choose to have the spell leave undamaged any building or structure that would normally be affected.

Mordant Envoy

Add +1 to the caster level of any transmutation spells cast. Elves with a Charisma score of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—comprehend languages, detect secret doors, erase, and read magic. The caster level for these effects is equal to the elve’s character level.

Voice in the Darkness
Charisma 13+. Characters who practice coercion and intimidation in the Underworld or on the Shadow Plane learn to do so in dim light or no light at all. As long as they are in dim light or darker conditions, characters with this trait gain a +2 bonus on Intimidate and Stealth checks.

Low-Light Vision
Darkvision 60'ft
Prehensile Tail
Vestigial Wings

HP: 96 (14d8) Armor Class: 26 Initiative Bonus: +6 Speed: 30 ft land CMD: 23 (BAB +Str/dex+feats)
Saving Throws: Fort: +10 Ref: +20 Will: +14
Traits: Unabashed Gall, Overwhelming Beauty
Racial Feats: Spell Focus [Illusion]
Class Features
Brazen Deceiver Bard+Evangelist: Deceptive Tale, Bardic Performance 38/day (fascinate, inspire courage+3, inspire competence+4, suggestion, dirge of doom, inspire greatnessx3, soothing performance, frightening tune), Bardic Spellcasting (Cha based, bard list), Shameless Scoundrel+8, Blatant Subtlety, Invoke the Blood, Devil’s Tongue, Jack of All trades, Obedience, Skilled (Bluff, Survival), Aligned Class, Protective Grace+2, Divine Boon (Detect Thoughts 2/day, Tempting Flesh 1/day, Deadly Caress 1/day), Gift of Tonguesx2, Multitude of Talents, Spiritual Form (+4 Cha, Fly 40'ft)

Chosen Feats(8 total): Spell Focus Greater [Illusion], Spell Focus [Enchantment], Deific Obedience (Nocticula), Spell Focus Greater [Enchantment], Mask of Virtue (Damnation), Fiendskin (Damnation), Soulless Gaze (Damnation), Solid Shadows, +Vital Strike, +Improved Vital Strike
Chosen Masterpieces (sacrifice spells known): Triple Time, At the Heart of It All, Legato Piece on the Infernal Bargain
Spells|at-will|6|6|5|5|2|

0: Bleed, Touch of Fatigue, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Prestidigitation, Message, Mage Hand, Mending
1: Disguise Self, Unseen Servant, Obscure Object, Moment of Greatness, Beguiling Gift
2: Darkness, Darkvision, Arcane Disruption, Silence, Shadow Anchor, Mirror Image, Locate Object, Enthrall
3: Shadow Enchantment, Magic Aura (Greater), Haste, Glibness
4: Shadow Conjuration, Shadow Step, Shadowform, Phantom Steed (Communal), Dominate Person
5: Shadow Evocation, Shadow Walk, Shadowbard, Phantasmal Web, Scripted Hallucination

Skills (maxed out ones)/Language:
Common, Elven, Abyssal, Draconic, Sylvan, Undercommon, Sakvroth
Bluff
Intimidate
Sense Motive
Perform
Stealth
Disguise
Spellcraft
Use Magic Device

Equipment and items: Staff of Stealth (39,300gp), +1 Mithril Dagger (2,500gp), Headband of Mental Prowess+4 (Cha&Int) (40,000gp), Catskin Leather (18,910gp), Belt of incredible Dexterity+6 (36,000gp), Cloak of Resistance+5 (25,000gp), Ring of Protection+2 (8,000gp), Amulet of Natural Armor+2 (8,000gp), Dusty Rose Prism (5,000gp), 56,290gp to spend

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 13, 2018, 02:13:36 PM
using Froggy's format to mine as well, my char is also social albeit considering dungeon crawling bluff is not that bad (more so if you focus most your spells/skills to illusions and such).

Heh.. that's not monster entry format, .. though it is basically based on it, something organically grown between me and my old DM, long ago.

Zaer Darkwail

Edited above post, more details and bit change on class in mind. However as question is 'upgrading' a item (example catskin leather), counted as custom magic item? I mean there's nothing custom on my armor besides it's base enchant is +5 than +1.

Also as question can I request a custom magical harp which costs around 50,000gp? Based on background story I wrote for my char having harp made from body/hair of his twin brother (having magical properties besides disguising itself to appear a more regular but stunning beautiful elven harp).

indarkestknight

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 13, 2018, 08:20:47 PM
Edited above post, more details and bit change on class in mind. However as question is 'upgrading' a item (example catskin leather), counted as custom magic item? I mean there's nothing custom on my armor besides it's base enchant is +5 than +1.

Also as question can I request a custom magical harp which costs around 50,000gp? Based on background story I wrote for my char having harp made from body/hair of his twin brother (having magical properties besides disguising itself to appear a more regular but stunning beautiful elven harp).

It would, and so would a vest of resistance. For the 23,000 gp increase in price to go from +1 to +5, it's more efficient to buy a ring of protection +2, an amulet of natural armor +2, and a dusty rose prism ioun stone, since you aren't using those slots anyway. Your overall AC goes up by +1, your touch AC goes up by +3, and you save 2,000 gp.

What powers do you want the harp to have, other than disguising itself?

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, edited vest into cloak as I am not using cloak slot either. Anyways thanks on advice regarding my raising AC while keeping the armor (as life saving property of it is neat and if have high UMD could use magic vestment wand upgrade it temporally as well). I start working adding those in.

In regards harp qualities; I want each hag (night, storm and green) added their own essence/magic onto the harp. I am open to ideas but any powers granted by harp should ideologically scale up (not have set save resist values and be more as special bardic performances granted by harp or be powers which do not directly harm and thus ask no save nor SR). Storm hag could have power given based on air/storm, green hag power is something stealthy/sneaky or somehow aiding on deception (or ruining beauty or siphoning life force from others to weaken them). Night hag would have most potent magically but also dark power (perhaps something over dreams like able use nightmare power or inflict on victims via music or somehow steal their souls via sleep etc). Or overall besides unique powers it could enhance bardic performances and perhaps allow turn some bard spells have evil description while using harp as sort foci/channel which brings magic forth (as if I take fourth Damnation feat then last one enhances magic usage on spells which are evil, unlikely happens in the module but it's more later future investment if go up to 17th level or beyond).

But another idea of power is that harp allows Talion register to all divination or purposes as Taliash, his twin. So not even divination asking 'is Taliash a Talion' will not overcome his disguise. This is of course applying only so long Talion is bonded to the harp (could have drawbacks as well if he is too long from his harp). But could also be minor feature as well as his Damnation feat (mask of virtue) handles in disguising his alignment (this power more murks up identity with Talion to register to be Taliash even on specific inquiries and considering harp is his twin brother so there excist already 'twin's link' between them so said power would not transfer to other owners of the harp).

Harp itself could also be sentient as Talion's twin's soul is trapped in the harp (unable commune any other way than telepathy to Talion). That itself could lend some powers or overall minor feature and RP opportunity for Talion 'talking' with his brother while he plays music (you can imagine years spend as skeletal harp have twisted once Taliash evil, perhaps spiteful, entity as he had seen years everyone believe lie Talion is Taliash and he literally stole and fucked with his destined wife before him). Soul trapping prevents resurrection as well even if it's ever discovered Talion killed Taliash.

Roleplay Frog

Aand updated, going full Samurai.. plus a question, I see Zaer's character having traits, but no mention of traits in the opening creation post, so how's thing standing there? Happy to dig up whatever traits most closely mesh with dark honor ... *chuckles*

Hunter

Tolha will tend to go full heal-bot once we get into the dungeon itself.   He'll leave the bulk of the fighting up to the rest of you.

Roleplay Frog

Oh hey, that works for me, I've decided to build up tough but haven't figured out a way of restoring those hitpoints, well, besides firmly planting boots of the earth and waiting a few minutes. *chuckles*

I welcome all healsluts!

Callie Del Noire

What roles are you guys needing at this point?

I’m leaning towards point buy..dice bot loathes me

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 15, 2018, 10:10:57 AM
What roles are you guys needing at this point?

I’m leaning towards point buy..dice bot loathes me

Something that does some quick damage then flees in a panic. I'd recommend a water-genasi for the proper moisturizing.

indarkestknight

We presently have a bard, a cleric (sorcerer dip), a magus (rogue dip), and a samurai.

Callie Del Noire

Hmm. Been playing with a bunch of tieflings.. could do the dragonheir scion, or Wizard. Not too thrilled by evil parties though..

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 15, 2018, 10:37:47 AM
Hmm. Been playing with a bunch of tieflings.. could do the dragonheir scion, or Wizard. Not too thrilled by evil parties though..

Evil? How swift to judge. From the perspective of the ant you stepped on, you must be evil.

Hmnn.. still getting a feel for the character. *tips chin*

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 15, 2018, 10:47:34 AM
Evil? How swift to judge. From the perspective of the ant you stepped on, you must be evil.

Hmnn.. still getting a feel for the character. *tips chin*

I am okay with ‘evil with a plan’ not with ‘cause I’m evil!’

Seen more the later than the former. Played LE swashbuckler, kept his word, was generous to the community but ultimately planned on destroying Zhentil Keep, burning it to the ground and salting the soil after

Not sure the fighter will help, looks like we got enough melee..

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, ranged caster or someone devoted to healing and curing would be nice. Anyways even if my char is CE he needs to act like good guy (most of time anyways). Damnation feats = super evil (especially with deific obedience to demon lord). But his demon lord is all about sex, murder/assassination and shadows/subtlety.

Also the entire scenario should interest both good and evil and neutrals alike; we speak of world ending apocalypse here so bad guys whom would not normally cooperate become super cooperative in regards stopping the disaster (and thus evil guys mixed in with team along side paladin/good guys).

Ixy

I think I could edit this character forever and never be done, but I'm hoping it's ok for now.  Updated.  Thank you all for your feedback so far :)

Hunter

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 15, 2018, 12:36:08 PM
Yeah, ranged caster or someone devoted to healing and curing would be nice.

I'm your friendly neighborhood healer.   We need a tankish type and a proper wizard type, I think.

Callie Del Noire

Chanticleer

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 15, 2018, 01:58:29 PM
I can do a wizardly type. :D

Mentioned a few pages ago, I've had a kitsune sorceress in the works, just haven't had time to update here. Working up 15 levels in a class that you haven't played that high before takes a bit of thought.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Chanticleer on October 15, 2018, 02:39:58 PM
Mentioned a few pages ago, I've had a kitsune sorceress in the works, just haven't had time to update here. Working up 15 levels in a class that you haven't played that high before takes a bit of thought.

As tip if go sorcerer then first question is do you go dragon disciple or not (make sort a gish) or go pure sorcerer. If pure check then bloodlines (and do you go wildblooded or even dual/cross blooded to get two bloodlines). At 15th level most late game bloodline powers are active and strong. Devils what I remember favor summoner type sorcerer build while abyssal favors sorcerer who wants go tear faces off (and draconic ones then favor certain elemental spells and such).

So choosing bloodline is critical. Alternatively can go hybrid; mystic theurge with sorcerer and then oracle (and pick bloodline which turns casting stat to wisdom what I remember). Also if want play elf sorceress there is sage bloodline (meaning using int instead charisma for casting stat). Just giving hint where to look how build the char and then decide what feats, spells and such you get :)

Chulanowa

As per usual, I have zero damn idea what i'm making!  XD

Callie Del Noire

indarkestknight

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 15, 2018, 04:10:18 PM
So don't make a wizard?

Make what you’d have fun playing. I think given how things tend to go on E, it doesn’t hurt to double up on roles in case someone ends up dropping out.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 15, 2018, 11:23:17 AM
I am okay with ‘evil with a plan’ not with ‘cause I’m evil!’

Seen more the later than the former. Played LE swashbuckler, kept his word, was generous to the community but ultimately planned on destroying Zhentil Keep, burning it to the ground and salting the soil after

Not sure the fighter will help, looks like we got enough melee..

"Because I'm evil? What do you mean? There is no evil in my deeds.
Is it evil of you to use a chair to sit upon it? Certainly not. It is that chairs purpose to support your weight, infact a chair that is not sat upon is a waste of dead wood, rotting away.
All around me, there are people, wasting their lives away, just like empty chairs, with their own feeble, foolish dreams and aspirations, unguided towards a higher purpose.
There is no evil in using people as I see fit. Infact, not using them, not allowing them to, however brief, be immortalized in their assistance to my ascend to glory, that.. That would be truly evil! They have this one chance in their miserable existances to support my grand designs.. it is truly regrettable that most lack the insight to seize the opportunity immediatly."

--- Yeah I think I can do the character. But .. ahem. yes. One ranged combat apt companion would be beneficial, my character is specialized in honorable walk up to them and challenge the most impressive looking one kinda combat.. Though as Shogun-Samurai I can fall back on secondary support options were that is unviable. (Like give people save-rerolls and move actions)

Also, as Zaer said, we can be any alignment in the group, evil came up because evil would be quite reasonably motivated of woring along with good here without backstabbing until the campaign is sucessful, anyway.
I only picked evil as challenge after Chula's disapproval of evil characters, that kinda attitude just makes me want to rp the crap out of a concept, prove folks wrong. :P
QuoteI think I could edit this character forever and never be done

Know that feel.

QuoteWe need a tankish type and a proper wizard type, I think.

We have a tank. Ask Zaer who played against a character somewhat like the one I made now in my Rebels of Eulevir campaign, my characters do not go down easily. I plan Sun to go full out 'Is that your best' when hit by an attack of below 20 damage. *chuckles*

QuoteMake what you’d have fun playing.

*cheers* For what it's worth unless bullied the tank intends to stick around.

Callie Del Noire

Leaning towards something based in a fusion of my favorite pathfinder society wizards.  A Venture Captain meddling where she’s not wanted

Zaer Darkwail

My char albeit bard caster is not nuke nor healing much. He can do support and has the bardic healing which asks him 4 rounds doing nothing. But he is social monster in regards bluff and bullshit (he can talk outrageous unbelievable lies only with -10 penalty, which is almost negated by his class feature alone and he can take 20 on bluff checks if he so desires). He can do bardic music support (inspire courage, inspire greatness etc) and his shadow spells allow some flexibility for his kit.

But his role is not dmg and crowd control depends on has target protection from evil on or not (or high will saves). Overall his role is sort gambit and bit personal survival. Ofc his roles can be enhanced depending on custom harp he's having.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 15, 2018, 06:10:46 PM
My char albeit bard caster is not nuke nor healing much. He can do support and has the bardic healing which asks him 4 rounds doing nothing. But he is social monster in regards bluff and bullshit (he can talk outrageous unbelievable lies only with -10 penalty, which is almost negated by his class feature alone and he can take 20 on bluff checks if he so desires).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F74mBRjwTc

My character purpose is, in order: Be charismatic evil, shake off hits below 50 damage and threaten Katana crits if ignored, be honorable yet evil to confuse the fluff outta folks *nodnods*

Zaer Darkwail

That's video not about diplomacy but bluff usage, but point given it's some extend possible pull bullshit lies like that :P. Ofc by judgement of the GM.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 15, 2018, 04:10:18 PM
So don't make a wizard?

I wasn't planning on it, actually.  ;D Maybe a psychic or a sorcerer, but not a Wizard.

At level 15 though, builds can diverge massively. We could all be wizards and still have a really diverse party  ;D

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 15, 2018, 08:36:10 PM
At level 15 though, builds can diverge massively. We could all be wizards and still have a really diverse party  ;D
True.

Personally, if I was building a lvl 15 wizard I might be too lazy to write out all the spells. Just grab heighten spell, anything that would be invited to spell specializations birthday party and find myself ways to kill things with one spell only.
Perhaps Grease.
Play as Grease Meister, wizard of the grease spell. Replace custom magic item with a custom spell at DM's permission, use it to give your grease some damage potential at your discretion, go to town.
Then, one of the DM's endbosses is a very coarse metal-dragon...

Chulanowa

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 15, 2018, 08:41:03 PM
True.

Personally, if I was building a lvl 15 wizard I might be too lazy to write out all the spells. Just grab heighten spell, anything that would be invited to spell specializations birthday party and find myself ways to kill things with one spell only.
Perhaps Grease.
Play as Grease Meister, wizard of the grease spell. Replace custom magic item with a custom spell at DM's permission, use it to give your grease some damage potential at your discretion, go to town.
Then, one of the DM's endbosses is a very coarse metal-dragon...

His Robe of the Archmage takes the appearance of a polyester leisure suit, and he uses way too much hair product. ("Just let you Sooooul Gloooo! Just let it shine throuuuugh!")

Hunter

It's helpful to know who can do what, as my character can only selective out five targets people when channeling.   If someone in the party can shrug off that kind of hit, so much the better.     And yes, he can produce low level curatives given a day or two.

Callie Del Noire

What I got so far, aside from being a pathfinder venture captain I don’t have much for backstory yet

(Wizard)
Female human evoker (admixture[APG]) 15 (Pathfinder RPG Advanced Player's Guide 143)
NG Medium humanoid (human)
Init +2; Senses Perception +19
Aura elemental manipulation (30 ft.)
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 23, touch 15, flat-footed 21 (+5 armor, +3 deflection, +2 Dex, +3 natural)
hp 85 (15d6+23)
Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +13
DR 2/bludgeoning
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Special Attacks intense spells (+7 damage)
Evoker Spells Prepared (CL 15th; concentration +24)
   Opposition Schools Enchantment, Illusion
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 12, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 28, Wis 12, Cha 11
Base Atk +7; CMB +8; CMD 23
Feats Empower Spell, Extend Spell, Flexible Wizardry[ACG], Improved Familiar, Improved Flexible Wizardry[ACG], Quicken Spell, Scribe Scroll, Silent Spell, Spell Mastery, Spell Mastery, Spell Mastery, Spell Mastery, Still Spell
Traits pragmatic activator, seeker
Skills Acrobatics +17, Appraise +14, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +6, Escape Artist +17, Fly +15, Knowledge (arcana) +27, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +16, Knowledge (engineering) +16, Knowledge (geography) +16, Knowledge (history) +16, Knowledge (local) +16, Knowledge (nature) +16, Knowledge (nobility) +16, Knowledge (planes) +22, Knowledge (religion) +16, Linguistics +26, Perception +19, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +27, Stealth +3, Swim +2, Use Magic Device +24
Languages Abyssal, Aquan, Auran, Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Goblin, Halfling, Hallit, Ignan, Infernal, Kelish, Orc, Osiriani, Polyglot, Shoanti, Skald, Sylvan, Terran, Thassilonian, Tien, Varisian
SQ arcane bond (Arcane Familiar, house drake), versatile evocation
Other Gear +4 burdenless comfort glamered sunsilk silken ceremonial armor[UC], amulet of natural armor +3, headband of vast intelligence +6, ring of protection +3, ring of resistance +3, 105,050 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Admixture Associated School: Evocation
Damage Reduction (2/bludgeoning) You have Damage Reduction against all except Bludgeoning attacks.
Deliver Touch Spells Through Familiar (Su) Your familiar can deliver touch spells for you.
Elemental Manipulation (15 rounds/day) (Su) 30' Aura changes a chosen energy type into another chosen energy type.
Empathic Link with Familiar (Su) You have an empathic link with your Arcane Familiar.
Empower Spell Numeric effects of a spell are increased 50%. +2 Levels.
Enchantment You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Enchantment school.
Extend Spell Spell duration lasts twice as normal. +1 Level.
Familiar Bonus:  You gain the Alertness feat while your familiar is within arm's reach.
Flexible Wizardry Flexibly prepare 13 slots, partially preparing 2 spells. Finalize spell as standard.
Illusion You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Illusion school.
Intense Spells (+7 damage) (Su) Evocation spells deal listed extra damage.
Quicken Spell Cast a spell as a swift action. +4 Levels.
Scry on Familiar (1/day) (Sp) You can scry on your familiar, as the spell.
Share Spells with Familiar Can cast spells with a target of "You" on the familiar with a range of touch.
Silent Spell Cast a spell with no verbal components. +1 Level.
Speak with Familiar (Ex) You can communicate verbally with your familiar.
Spell Mastery x4 (-See Notes, 36 Spells -) You can prepare the chosen spells without a spellbook.
Still Spell You can cast a spell with no somatic components. +1 Level.
Versatile Evocation (12/day) (Su) Change the damage type and descriptor of a spell from acid, electricity, fire, or water to any other of those types.
--------------------
Permanent Spells

Spell Mastery: 36

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at https://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.

Chanticleer

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 15, 2018, 03:20:33 PM
As tip if go sorcerer then first question is do you go dragon disciple or not (make sort a gish) or go pure sorcerer. If pure check then bloodlines (and do you go wildblooded or even dual/cross blooded to get two bloodlines). At 15th level most late game bloodline powers are active and strong. Devils what I remember favor summoner type sorcerer build while abyssal favors sorcerer who wants go tear faces off (and draconic ones then favor certain elemental spells and such).

So choosing bloodline is critical. Alternatively can go hybrid; mystic theurge with sorcerer and then oracle (and pick bloodline which turns casting stat to wisdom what I remember). Also if want play elf sorceress there is sage bloodline (meaning using int instead charisma for casting stat). Just giving hint where to look how build the char and then decide what feats, spells and such you get :)

<States is making a kitsune sorceress.>
<Receives advice on how to go mystic theurge/oracle and elf.>

Fae-blooded kitsune sorceress, thank you for your input.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chanticleer on October 15, 2018, 10:20:08 PM

Might want to check out 9 tailed heir in the Blood of the Beast book if you’re into the magical tail abilities..built a 9 tail fighter (archer) for PFS once

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Chanticleer on October 15, 2018, 10:20:08 PM

*face desk*

Sorry! I missed that! Ok, in kitsunes you can take racial (3th party) which allows pick magical tail feats in place of usual bloodline feats (would be thematic for kitsune sorceress having 9 tails and most tails granted spell-alikes are pretty good and fit fae theme). Nine-Tailed Inheritor replaces natural weapons but gives magical tail as bonus feat in 1st level and then allows take magical tails as class granted feats (but it specifically mentions in same level you cannot take this feat twice).

Fey Sorcery racial replaces kitsune magic (3th party stuff, GM needs approve) and it's keyed specifically for fey bloodline sorcerer, it gives +1 CL on bloodline spells/powers and same bonus to save DC's. However kitsune magic also fits as it increases enchantment bonus and fey blooded sorcerer uses enchantment/nature styled magic a lot (and kitsune favored class bonus increases DC of those spells).

Anyways suggestion is to take eldricth heritage feats than crossblood. It would allow tap something useful from another bloodline in powers wise (arcana is good as in taking improved eldricth heritage you can add 3 spells to your casting list and school power from greater would stack pretty well on any other bonuses added to enchantment or any other magic school you like to use). Also Arcane Bond is nice thing to get even with a feat.

Now, in wildblood you got options for fey blooded; Dark Fey and Sylvan.

Dark Fey fits for neutral or more 'darker' kitsune seductress who curses her victims (or those who cross her) and sylvan is useful for animal companion (just take boon companion feat negate the level difference with druid). Fey Magic though is pretty good as 15th level spell resistance is quite common. But then again able transform to one size smaller and able to fly can have utility purposes :).

In metamagic wise spell focus enchantment unlocks some nice choices; Verdant Spells (affect plants) and Coaxing Spell (affect vermin and oozes with mind-affecting spells). But perhaps best one for kitsune theme is Trick Spell (asks chaotic neutral alignment and revering/worship deity of lust, revenge and trickery). It allows make people falling to your enchantments to trip themselves (employ dirty trick maneuvers and if yourself have those feats can apply them on foes). Works on single target enchantments though.

But basic metamagic choice for most save or suck spells is Persistent Spell (forcing target roll twice against same spell).

Roleplay Frog

QuoteIt's helpful to know who can do what, as my character can only selective out five targets people when channeling.   If someone in the party can shrug off that kind of hit, so much the better.     And yes, he can produce low level curatives given a day or two.

I am hesitant about sharing too many details, mostly because it feels metagamey. That said, this adventure was, presumambly, written for a party that already knows one another, so cliffnotes is:

Samurai

I designed him to be incredibly tough by using Unconquerable Resolve and suspect that any damage enough to kill him without a chance to articulate he's in trouble would be enough to wipe the party.
While limited use daily, Unconquerable Resolve gives you a temporary hp buffer equal to the toughness feat.. each time you use the Samurai Resolve and stacking with itself, so if you see Sun hit for like 30 damage after he challenged someone to combat, don't bother.. that damage likely didn't even cut through his extra hp.

For other common Tank-issues, like being controlled or stat-drained.. the drain is a decent enough problem, but usually it has fort to resist, which A)Triggers Resolve if I want it to and B) would run against a 25 fort save wall, so I feel like I'm good there.
Final issue, being controlled, I grabbed Unimpeachable Honor for that one, so a controlled Prince Sun attacks you for -4, with a 1d8+3 damage, 2d8+6 on a crit, you can just ignore him and wait for a resave, though I feel his will combined with a Resolve-reroll and Honor in All Things from the Samurai Warrior path make him decently resistant there too.

Overall, unless you see Sun taking 70+ Damage a turn, focus on assisting higher damage output characters primarly and ignore him, even if he's as much on the frontline as possible, he'll tell you the same IC. OFC his Resolve ability is limited, especiallyt he most powerful uses... but so are your channels. :P

QuoteMagical fox booty?

Zaer usually has a pretty good idea on what do, namely, I'd consider dual heritage with either dark fey with some debuff-options, or, if you go sylvan and notice you are swimming in feats, pumping your companion. Keep in mind that at lvl 15 you'd have a lvl 12 animal companion, that's nothing to sneeze at for some of the options. If it fits the rp, always grab a companion.

And you know, if the rp doesn't fit, you can make it fit. Want to be a Kitsune bodyguard? Grab Monstrous beast companion, have your character stand back while your magical beast does all the talking. Winter wolf disapproves of the sun mages plan.

I do want to note that there's little point on grabbing something like Verdant spell,.. I mean.. I guess there could be a bunch of plants that want lotsa nourishment from the sun, but I don't think it's a big commer upper, same for vermin. You want a blanket immunity trump or a campaign that very proclaimedly focuses on X, for example if you go Curse of Strahd in Ravenloft undead-affecting feats would make sense.. er.. pathfinder Ravenloft? Anywhooo.

Zaer Darkwail

I know both Verdant and Coaxing metamagic feats are far fetches, but just informing what is available just taking feat what you plan to take anyways (which is spell focus [enchantment]). Verdant may be far fetch but GM may decide throw plants at us as plants love sunlight or such :P.

But overall going full enchantment means taking spell focus and boosting will saves high and able deal spell resistance issue (plus deal immunities which two metamagic feats do, bigger is possibly protection from XXX spells). Dual heritage would allow cherry pick between two heritages so going dark fey (wildblood option) and then sylvan or fey bloodline would allow most versatility.

But also going other options besides enchantments (like necromancy dipping for curse stuff for debufs) is good as it gives more tools deal with problems. One reasons I went for shadow magic focus is able pick and choose my toolkit/box when needed given encounter. Overall though char is otherwise social focus and not meant 'go stab stuff' unless it's RP or him fill his deific obligation to fuck and spill pint amount of blood (to keep his class features).

indarkestknight

Still here to run this, and very heartened to see all the interest. Been spending the past few days in charsheet audit mode.

A friend from out of town will be visiting for the next few days, so I may be scarce on E, but I should return to regular activity Tuesday evening/Wednesday. By Wednesday evening PST, I would like interested parties to have submitted something. Both character backstory and charsheet would be preferable, but if you can only swing one, that's better than nothing.

Roleplay Frog

10/10 attentive charsheet auditing, would submit again.

Ixy

Bezi is updated again.  I think it's all kosher.  Thank you again for being so thorough in your review of the character the first time through.

I don't want to be too... er... meta-gamey on this... but it's a mobility-built magus with a couple whallop spells per day, and god help you if you're weak against ice or lightning.  More importantly, her personality is wacky but not zany... I hope to portray her as a little creepy, a little alien, and a little sexy without being boring or trite in any of those particular regards.  Will she work with the party?  Absolutely.  Will she tolerate slave-hunting or mob-killing or puppy torture?  Try it and see.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Ixy on October 19, 2018, 11:36:24 PM
Will she tolerate slave-hunting or mob-killing or puppy torture?  Try it and see.

Don't torture puppies. Use puppies to torture people with. *dramatic poses*

Hunter

Quote from: Ixy on October 19, 2018, 11:36:24 PM
Bezi is updated again.  I think it's all kosher.  Thank you again for being so thorough in your review of the character the first time through.

I've updated my character as per directed.    Not sure if I'll have to replace some of his feats as he's intended as a channeler/crafter build.

Chanticleer

I'm afraid that I will need to drop out of this.

Hope you all have a wonderful time!

indarkestknight

Very sorry to hear that, Chanticleer.

Anyone else who's interested, please get me something, a charsheet, a background, anything by this time tomorrow. At that point, I'll be doing another sweep on the submitted characters.

Zaer Darkwail

My charsheet/char is almost fully posted, just need finish the harp (PM'ed some questions about it).

Roleplay Frog

Hunter

I think that I'm also going to withdraw, I don't feel my character is going to be a good fit for the game.

Sorry for the fuss.

indarkestknight

Sorry to hear that, Hunter.

With that, we have a party of the following:
• CN female tiefling magus 14/unchained rogue 1
• NE male human samurai (shogun) 15
• CE male elven bard (brazen deceiver) 5/evangelist 10
• NG female human evoker (admixture) 15

If you would like to made any adjustments to your builds or equipment loadouts based on changes in expected party composition, now would be a good time to do them, as I will be resuming character sheet auditing this evening and continuing until everyone's ready to go.

Callie Del Noire, if you could get a background for your character, that would be marvelous. Looking forward to playing, everyone, and thank you for both your patience and continued interest.

Roleplay Frog

Interesting mixture of four. Five would be better, as people tend to drop out, but we can do it with three.

My character is good to go, unless anyone wants to has a team up in the past and thus fitting collaborations.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 28, 2018, 03:52:58 AM
Interesting mixture of four. Five would be better, as people tend to drop out, but we can do it with three.

My character is good to go, unless anyone wants to has a team up in the past and thus fitting collaborations.

Which PC is yours?

Zaer Darkwail

I need work some edits (and perhaps some magic item cutting) to make my char (who is the lying bastard bard).

Roleplay Frog

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 28, 2018, 09:14:34 AM
The Amazingly Evil Shogun. .. whys?

Figuring if we were ‘respectful Rivals’ or ‘begrudging allies’.  Basing my character a lot on my PFS Venture Captain and she’s dealt with some evil folks before. (Mostly Chelliaxian Hell Knights who fall into one of those categories..)

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 28, 2018, 10:50:33 AM
Figuring if we were ‘respectful Rivals’ or ‘begrudging allies’.  Basing my character a lot on my PFS Venture Captain and she’s dealt with some evil folks before. (Mostly Chelliaxian Hell Knights who fall into one of those categories..)

He is intentionally not a classical form of evil. I'm happy to help out if you have any questions about how he'd act in certain situations or some such to help judge things with him, but he considers nothing he does evil or wrong. I'm going for charismatic and heroic, yet overwhelmingly vile.

Phaia

I am going to work up something today or tomorrow..
15th level unchained Rogue-Sylvan trickster

my rolls

125936   Noone or Anyone   2018-10-28 00:21:39   At 2018-10-28 00:21:39, Phaia (uid: 3337) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12
125935   Noone or Anyone   2018-10-28 00:21:36   At 2018-10-28 00:21:36, Phaia (uid: 3337) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 13
125934   Noone or Anyone   2018-10-28 00:21:32   At 2018-10-28 00:21:32, Phaia (uid: 3337) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 18
125933   Noone or Anyone   2018-10-28 00:21:28   At 2018-10-28 00:21:28, Phaia (uid: 3337) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 14
125932   Noone or Anyone   2018-10-28 00:21:24   At 2018-10-28 00:21:24, Phaia (uid: 3337) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16
125931   Noone or Anyone   2018-10-28 00:21:19   At 2018-10-28 00:21:19, Phaia (uid: 3337) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 13

:o ;D ;D 8-)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 28, 2018, 10:58:50 AM
He is intentionally not a classical form of evil. I'm happy to help out if you have any questions about how he'd act in certain situations or some such to help judge things with him, but he considers nothing he does evil or wrong. I'm going for charismatic and heroic, yet overwhelmingly vile.

The Pathfinder Society act (meddles) in many areas of Golarion. Sometimes opting the less odious of choices. We could have worked together to put down some evil or a rival of yours. 

Phaia

@indarkestknight

I would like to know if I could re-skin a magic item.

FIGHTER'S FORK

Price 7,315 gp; Aura faint transmutation; CL 3rd; Weight 4 lbs.

This steel-tined +1 trident can be commanded to lengthen or shorten its haft (or return to its normal length) as a swift action. It is a two-handed reach weapon when extended but cannot be thrown. If shortened, it can be wielded as a light weapon or hurled as a javelin. Feats or class abilities that apply to tridents apply to a fighter's fork in any form.

I would like to make it an Elven Branched Spear instead of a trident, I will even deal with it only being a +1. I would love to add at least one more + to it if possible.

I am building an Unchained Rogue and instead of the standard TWF, I was thinking something a bit different.
I like the concept. It is Based loosely on this.

Phaia

https://youtu.be/_cOOc-7SmUg

indarkestknight

Quote from: Phaia on October 28, 2018, 08:48:25 PM
@indarkestknight

I would like to know if I could re-skin a magic item.

FIGHTER'S FORK

Price 7,315 gp; Aura faint transmutation; CL 3rd; Weight 4 lbs.

This steel-tined +1 trident can be commanded to lengthen or shorten its haft (or return to its normal length) as a swift action. It is a two-handed reach weapon when extended but cannot be thrown. If shortened, it can be wielded as a light weapon or hurled as a javelin. Feats or class abilities that apply to tridents apply to a fighter's fork in any form.

I would like to make it an Elven Branched Spear instead of a trident, I will even deal with it only being a +1. I would love to add at least one more + to it if possible.

I am building an Unchained Rogue and instead of the standard TWF, I was thinking something a bit different.
I like the concept. It is Based loosely on this.

Phaia

https://youtu.be/_cOOc-7SmUg

You can change it to an elven branched spear and add as many +1s to it as you can afford, yes. Basically, figure out what it would normally be, +5, +3, +7, whatever it would be, calculate the cost, and throw on an extra 5k gp. So a +4 flaming frost fighter's elven branched spear would be 77,320 gp. (320 gp base for masterwork elven branched spear, 72k gp for +6 weapon, 5k for the fighter's fork ability.)

Phaia

:o :o

WoW cool beans! idk

Now i have to see how much to send on the weapon. Can I use special materials with it as well?

Phaia

indarkestknight

Quote from: Phaia on October 28, 2018, 11:04:34 PM
:o :o

WoW cool beans! idk

Now i have to see how much to send on the weapon. Can I use special materials with it as well?

Phaia

Special materials are allowed as well, yes.

Roleplay Frog

Heh. His spear gets longer if you slap the base...

Err.. considering I use a versatile weapon I ain't one to talk. Heh. special materials, Frog advices adamantine if you are heavily reliant on your weapon to work, the utility aside, it can't be sundered or broken with spells as easily.

Ixy

The Magus/Rogue is definitely not LN ;D  Just look at that face... just looking at her is illicit.  How could she keep the law?

Zaer Darkwail

Sorry, it will take while longer to edit (and reply PM to GM) as this week is hectic as I am part of group which arranges a big halloween party at local mine. After friday I am more free.

Callie Del Noire

indarkestknight

I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween! Progress is being made with sheets. I believe all but one player of those that have posted sheets have received a new batch of feedback. Apologies for the wait, everyone.

Quote from: Ixy on October 30, 2018, 05:23:02 PM
The Magus/Rogue is definitely not LN ;D  Just look at that face... just looking at her is illicit.  How could she keep the law?

Fixed! My flub.  :-[ How could I forget she was CN? Calistria!

Callie Del Noire

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on November 01, 2018, 08:48:47 AM
How come?

I’m the goody goody type and there is authentic crazy evil and authoritarian evil. Might need to rethink my backstory.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 01, 2018, 09:53:35 AM
I’m the goody goody type and there is authentic crazy evil and authoritarian evil. Might need to rethink my backstory.

Eh in this campaign all are motivated to work together.. also, who is what evil naow? *ponderfaces*

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on November 01, 2018, 12:51:40 PM
Eh in this campaign all are motivated to work together.. also, who is what evil naow? *ponderfaces*

I had a way but a: it’s not in my characters persobality. B: rudely stepping on everyone else’s backstory. Thinking over her story.

Not dropping out trying to think out the story

Roleplay Frog

Happy to involve my evil Shogun if you need a backstory nudge. :P

Ixy

You know, a lot of good people can be motivated by vengeance.  And when it comes to the end of the world?  Hell, who wouldn't hire the Suicide Squad?  (No, we're not the Suicide Squad, I know.  I'm juuuuuust saying.)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ixy on November 01, 2018, 03:07:41 PM
You know, a lot of good people can be motivated by vengeance.  And when it comes to the end of the world?  Hell, who wouldn't hire the Suicide Squad?  (No, we're not the Suicide Squad, I know.  I'm juuuuuust saying.)

One idea was she recruited folks like in the dirty dozen because her team was killed while she wasn’t there. But like I said. Stepping on folks stories

Phaia

okay i am almost done sorry for the delay
No Longer a UNC rogue or the spear thingy

Warprietess/Magus VMC [Variant Multiclass] of Calistra

@idk
My Hit dice rolls
Summary: At 2018-11-02 18:02:59, Phaia (uid: 3337) rolls: 15d8 Result: 67

Full Result: Phaia rolled: 15d8
Comment: hit dice
Result: 2, 4, 8, 3, 2, 8, 2, 7, 4, 8, 4, 4, 8, 2, 1,
Total: 67

I believe this is what she will look like

Roleplay Frog

*chuckles* that looks like a weapon you need a few character levels in to use efficently...

Phaia

Okay ...it took me a week but Life got in the way and I have never did a high level PF character so please check everything for me.
That being said meet the War Priestess of Calistra!

Miranda del'Shora War Priestess of Calistria
Being the daughter of a whore can be a rough life. Miranda never knew who her father was but from him she got his blue eyes and lean build. Her mother was a blonde with curves that tended to expand as she got older. Her mother was a prostitute that worked the docks of a large seaport. Then when she was worn and heavy took a job as a cleaner at the temple of Calistria, dragging along her half-wild but worldly young daughter.

Miranda found out, when still a child, that she had been named for a sea wind that could blow up harsh and fierce. She had taken that to heart and by the time she ended up with her mother at the temple she was fierce and hard and not a virgin in any sense. It was there though that a priestess took an interest in the budding young teenager. maybe seeing the beauty that was just blooming. By the time Miranda was 16 she was a full member of the temple of Calistria and sent off to be a priestess. There they realized she was harder and tougher and able to handle more strife then the others and so she was trained in combat as well. Mira took to the whip the true symbol of her goddess, ignoring pleads for weapons like a sword or a bow. There she also found a trace of the arcane in her and when she finally left the training temple she was more then just a war priestess in that she showed flashes of the famed blade dancers.

Miranda used her skills and spells to right wrongs through out many lands. These were wrongs done to women. Good nor evil made a difference to her nor did things like laws. She took lovers, mostly male but a few females as well and moved on when she felt like it.

Calistria called her to many places and in one she found a weapon that seemed made for a follower of the goddess of lust and revenge. A glorious whip that seemed to meld to her hand.

Now though the Sun has been pulled from its place by a misguided high Priest and Calistria is very displeased and her best war priestess has been called to help stop this madness.

Miranda del'Shora
Human Warpriest/Magus VMC 15  CN
HP 159 /  Speed 30ft Init 7
AC 26 Fort 19 Ref 20 Will 23
CMB +18/+13/+8 BAB +11/+6/+1
+3 Lucky Whip of Love and Death +22/+17/+12 (2d6+10+1d8+3, x2)
Dagger +19/+14/+9 (2d6+7, 19-20/x2)
Str 13 (1) Dex 24 (7) Con 16 (3) Wis 24 (7) Int 14 (2) Cha 12 (1)
Skills Climb +4, Diplomacy +9, Heal +11, Intimidate +9, Know[Engineering] +7, Know[Religion] +10, Perception +24, Ride +9,
Sense Motive +18, Spellcraft +10, Stealth +15, Survival +11, UMD +15
Race:Human

+2 bonus to one ability [Wis]
Speed 30ft
Languages: Common, Elven, Draconic
Awareness: Humans raised within monastic traditions or communities that encourage mindfulness seem to shrug off many dangers more easily than other humans. They gain a +1 racial bonus on all saving throws and concentration checks. This racial trait replaces humans’ bonus feat
Fey Magic (2 RP): The character has a mystic connection to one terrain type, selected from the ranger’s favored terrain list. The character selects three 0-level druid spells and one 1st-level druid spell. If the character has a Charisma score of 11 or higher, when in the selected terrain, she gains these spells as spell-like abilities that can be cast once per day. The caster level for these effects is equal to the user’s character level. The DC for the spell-like abilities is equal to 10 + the spell’s level + the user’s Charisma modifier. These spells are treated as being from a fey source for the purposes of the druid’s resist nature’s lure class feature and similar abilities. In addition, select two of the following skills: Acrobatics, Bluff, Climb, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Fly, Knowledge (nature), Perception, Perform, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Swim, or Use Magic Device. The selected skills are always class skills for the character. Lastly, the human also gains low-light vision. This trait replaces skilled
Skills: Perception, Stealth
Druid Spells: Urban
0-Level Detect Poison 1/day
0-Level Light 1/day
0-Level Detect Magic 1/day
1st-Level Entangle 1/day
Traits

Traits:
Two-World Magic: [Magic] Add 0-level Brand to spell list
Benefit: Select one 0-level spell from a class spell list other than your own. This spell is a 0-level spell on your class spell list (or a 1st-level spell if your class doesn’t have 0-level spells). For example, if you are a druid, you could select mage hand and thereafter prepare it as a 0-level druid spell; if you are a sorcerer, you could select know direction as a 0-level sorcerer spell known.
Fate's Favored: [Faith]
Benefit: Whenever you are under the effect of a luck bonus of any kind, that bonus increases by 1.
Feats

Feats
WP- Warpriest
WP BF Warpriest Bonus combat Feat
VMC Magus VMC

Goddess Calistra Favored Weapon -- Whip
L1 Feat -- Weapon Finesse
L1 WP -- Weapon Focus -- Whip +1 to hit [2d6 +dex damage]
L1 WP -- Scared Weapon -- Whip --
A whip deals no damage to any creature with an armor bonus of +1 or higher or a natural armor bonus of +3 or higher. The whip is treated as a melee weapon with 15-foot reach, though you don’t threaten the area into which you can make an attack. In addition, unlike most other weapons with reach, you can use it against foes anywhere within your reach (including adjacent foes). Using a whip provokes an attack of opportunity, just as if you had used a ranged weapon. You can use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to attack rolls with a whip sized for you, even though it isn’t a light weapon. Weapon Feature(s): finesse, reach. Note: Wielding a whip in two hands does not add 1-1/2 times your Strength modifier to damage rolls as with other weapons (UE update).

L3 WP BF -- Whip Mastery:
Prerequisite: Weapon Focus (whip), base attack bonus +2. Benefit: You no longer provoke attacks of opportunity when attacking with a whip. You can deal lethal damage with a whip, although you can still deal nonlethal damage when you want. Further, you can deal damage with a whip despite a creature’s armor bonus or natural armor bonus.
L3 VMC -- Arcane Pool:
At 3rd level, he gains the arcane pool class feature as a magus of his character level – 2. [7+ 2]

L5 Feat -- Deadly Agility
Prerequisite(s): Weapon Finesse --Benefit(s): You may add your Dexterity modifier in place of your Strength modifier when wielding a light weapon or a weapon that gains the benefits of the Weapon Finesse feat (such as the rapier) when determining additional damage inflicted upon a successful attack. When wielding a weapon in your off-hand, Deadly Agility will add the same fraction of Dexterity as you normally would for Strength.

L6 WP BF -- Quick Draw
Benefit: You can draw a weapon as a free action instead of as a move action. You can draw a hidden weapon (see the Sleight of Hand skill) as a move action. A character who has selected this feat may throw weapons at his full normal rate of attacks (much like a character with a bow). Alchemical items, potions, scrolls, and wands cannot be drawn quickly using this feat. Normal: Without this feat, you may draw a weapon as a move action, or (if your base attack bonus is +1 or higher) as a free action as part of movement. Without this feat, you can draw a hidden weapon as a standard action.

L7 VMC -- Magus Arcana: Gains one magus arcana. He treats his character level as his effective magus level when determining whether or not he can select an arcana.
Animate Weapon (Su): Benefit: The magus can expend 1 point from her arcane pool as a swift action to imbue a single weapon she touches with the ability to fight on its own for a number of rounds equal to her magus class level. The weapon deals its standard damage, including any bonuses and abilities it gains from magical enchantments. It strikes with a base attack bonus equal to her magus class level + her Intelligence modifier. If the base attack bonus is high, enough it can gain multiple attacks. The weapon never gains a flanking bonus, nor does it provide one for another attacker, and her feats do not aid its attacks. It acts on her initiative count. The weapon can influence at a speed of 30 feet with perfect maneuverability (using her class level + her intelligence modifier for any influence skill checks). It must remain within 100 feet of her. She can direct it to attack a foe as a free action when she first uses this ability to animate the weapon, but on subsequent rounds, she must use a move action to set it against a new foe. If its current foe is defeated, the weapon automatically moves to attack the closest enemy. The weapon never willingly attempts to move farther than 100 feet from the magus. The weapon’s Armor Class, hit points, and hardness are as normal for its size. It does not gain attacks of opportunity, nor does it provoke them, unless an opponent tries to grapple it. In that case, it gains an attack of opportunity against any would-be grapplers. The weapon can only make one attack of opportunity each round. The weapons CMB and CMD are equal to its base attack bonus and size modified only by her Intelligence Modifier. It gains no Strength/Dexterity bonus or penalty. The magus can attempt to animate an attended weapon as a swift action she need only make a successful disarm combat maneuver to affect the weapon, resolve the disarm attempt as normal.

L8 GM Feat -- Vital Strike

L9 WP BF -- Improved Whip Mastery:
Prerequisite: Weapon Focus (whip), Whip Mastery, base attack bonus +5. Benefit: While wielding a whip, you threaten the area of your natural reach plus 5 feet. You can also use a whip to grasp an unattended Small or Tiny object within your whip’s reach and pull that object into your square. To do so, you must hit AC 10 with a melee touch attack. Further, you can use the whip to grasp onto an object within your whip’s reach, using 5 feet of your whip as if it were a grappling hook, allowing you to use the rest of your whip to swing on like a rope. As a free action, you can release the object your whip is grasping, but you cannot use the whip to attack while the whip is grasping an object.

L9 Feat -- Extra Magus Arcana
Broad Study (Ex): Prerequisite: Magus 6, levels in another spellcasting class: Benefit: The magus selects another one of his spellcasting classes. The magus can use his spellstrike and spell combat abilities while casting or using spells from the spell list of that class. This does not allow him to cast arcane spells from that class’s spell list without suffering the normal chances of arcane spell failure, unless the spell lacks somatic components.

L11 VMC -- Spellstrike: At 11th level, he gains the spellstrike class feature, but he can use it only with spells that are on the magus spell list, even though he can cast them using another class’s spell slots.

L12 WP BF -- Combat Reflexes
Benefit: You may make a number of additional attacks of opportunity per round equal to your Dexterity bonus. With this feat, you may also make attacks of opportunity while flat-footed. Normal: A character without this feat can make only one attack of opportunity per round and can’t make attacks of opportunity while flat-footed.

L13 Feat -- Minor Spell Expertise: cast Protection from Evil 2/day SLA DC 12

L15 GM Feat -- Improved Vital Strike
L15 WP BF -- Weapon Focus: Dagger+1 to hit [2d6 + dex damage]
L15 VMC -- Improved Arcana: At 15th level, Gains one additional magus arcana.
Pool Strike (Su) Benefit: The magus can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as a standard action to charge his free hand with energy. He can make a melee touch attack with that hand as a free action as part of activating this ability. If the touch attack hits, it releases the charge and deals 2d6 points of energy damage (acid, cold, electricity, or fire, chosen when he spends the arcane pool point to activate this ability). He can use this ability with the spellstrike class feature. If he misses with this attack, he can hold the charge for up to 1 minute before it dissipates. At 6th level, and every three levels thereafter, the amount of damage dealt by this attack increases by 1d6.
Blessings

Blessings (Su) 11 uses DC 25
Each blessing grants a minor power at 1st level and a major power at 10th level. A warpriest can call upon the power of his blessings a number of times per day (in any combination) equal to 3 + 1/2 his warpriest level (to a maximum of 13 times per day at 20th level). Each time he calls upon any one of his blessings, it counts against his daily limit. The save DC for these blessings is equal to 10 + 1/2 the warpriest’s level + the warpriest’s Wisdom modifier. Unless otherwise noted, using a blessing is a standard action.
Luck
Lucky Presence (minor): At 1st level, you can touch an ally and grant it a lucky presence. The target of this luck can call upon it to roll any one ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check twice and take the better result. The decision to use this ability must be made before the roll is made. Once used, or once 1 minute passes, the effect ends. Once used, the effect ends.
Unlucky Enemy (major): At 10th level, as an immediate action you can force an adjacent opponent to reroll an attack, saving throw, or skill or ability check it just attempted; it must take the lower of the two rolls. You must declare this after the roll is made but before the result is revealed.
Chaos
Anarchic Strike (minor): At 1st level, you can touch one weapon and grant it a chaotic blessing. For 1 minute, this weapon glows yellow or purple and deals an additional 1d6 points of damage against lawful creatures. During this time, it’s treated as chaotic for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction. This blessing’s additional damage doesn’t stack with the additional damage from the anarchic weapon special ability.
Battle Companion (major): At 10th level, you can summon a battle companion. This ability functions as summon monster IV with a duration of 1 minute, but for only a chaotic outsider or an animal with the entropic creature simple template. This ability can summon only one creature, regardless of the list used. For every 2 levels beyond 10th, the level of the summon monster spell increases by 1 (to a maximum of summon monster IX at 20th level). [summon monster VI] 
Sacred Weapon& Armor/Arcana Pool

Sacred Weapon +3
At 4th level, the warpriest gains the ability to enhance one of his sacred weapons with divine power as a swift action. This power grants the weapon a +1 enhancement bonus. For every 4 levels beyond 4th, this bonus increases by 1 (to a maximum of +5 at 20th level). If the warpriest has more than one sacred weapon, he can enhance another on the following round by using another swift action. The warpriest can use this ability a number of rounds per day equal to his warpriest level, but these rounds need not be consecutive.

These bonuses stack with any existing bonuses the weapon might have, to a maximum of +5. The warpriest can enhance a weapon with any of the following weapon special abilities: brilliant energy, defending, disruption, flaming, frost, keen, and shock. In addition, if the warpriest is chaotic, he can add anarchic and vicious. If he is evil, he can add mighty cleaving and unholy. If he is good, he can add ghost touch and holy. If he is lawful, he can add axiomatic and merciful. If he is neutral (with no other alignment components), he can add spell storing and thundering. Adding any of these special abilities replaces an amount of bonus equal to the special ability’s base cost. Duplicate abilities do not stack. The weapon must have at least a +1 enhancement bonus before any other special abilities can be added.

Sacred Armor (Su) +3
At 7th level, the warpriest gains the ability to enhance his armor with divine power as a swift action. This power grants the armor a +1 enhancement bonus. For every 3 levels beyond 7th, this bonus increases by 1 (to a maximum of +5 at 19th level). The warpriest can use this ability a number of minutes per day equal to his warpriest level. This duration must be used in 1-minute increments, but they don’t need to be consecutive.

These bonuses stack with any existing bonuses the armor might have, to a maximum of +5. The warpriest can enhance armor any of the following armor special abilities: energy resistance (normal, improved, and greater), fortification (heavy, light, or moderate), glamered, and spell resistance (13, 15, 17, and 19). Adding any of these special abilities replaces an amount of bonus equal to the special ability’s base cost. For this purpose, glamered counts as a +1 bonus, energy resistance counts as +2, improved energy resistance counts as +4, and greater energy resistance counts as +5. Duplicate abilities do not stack. The armor must have at least a +1 enhancement bonus before any other special abilities can be added.

The enhancement bonus and armor special abilities are determined the first time the ability is used each day and cannot be changed until the next day. These bonuses apply only while the warpriest is wearing the armor, and end immediately if the armor is removed or leaves the warpriest’s possession. This ability can be ended as a free action at the start of the warpriest’s turn. This ability cannot be applied to a shield.

When the warpriest uses this ability, he can also use his sacred weapon ability as a free action by expending one use of his fervor.

Arcane Pool +4
At 1st level, a magus can expend 1 point from his arcane pool as a swift action to grant any weapon he is holding a +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute. For every four levels beyond 1st, the weapon gains another +1 enhancement bonus, to a maximum of +5 at 17th level. These bonuses can be added to the weapon, stacking with existing weapon enhancement to a maximum of +5. Multiple uses of this ability do not stack with themselves.

At 5th level, these bonuses can be used to add any of the following weapon properties: dancing, flaming, flaming burst, frost, icy burst, keen, shock, shocking burst, speed, or vorpal.

Magic Items and Stuff

Lucky Whip of Life and Death
  damage 2d6+10+1d8+3
Weight 2 lbs.
This +3 whip is constructed out of incredibly thin, interwoven strands of mithral and adamantine. When it is used to attack, it makes an unnerving buzzing sound not unlike a cloud of startled flies taking flight from a ripe corpse. When a whip of life and death strikes a creature, the creature suffers an additional 1d8+3 points of negative energy damage (if the target is alive) or 1d8+3 points of positive energy damage (if the target is undead). This additional damage harms anyone struck by the whip, regardless of their armor or natural armor bonus (the normal nonlethal damage caused by the whip is still blocked by an armor bonus of +1 or higher or +3 natural armor bonus).

A whip of life and death can draw positive and negative energy directed at its wielder into itself, storing it for later release. The whip can store such energy from one attack at a time, and the wielder is unaffected by any such attack that is absorbed by the whip. The whip releases this stored energy the next time it strikes a target, causing triple the normal energy damage (3d8+9) for that attack. Until this energy is discharged, the whip cannot absorb further energy. If the carrier of the whip is subjected to an opposing energy attack while the whip contains energy, both energy types cancel each other out in a burning flash of energy. This causes 2d8+6 points of damage to the wielder (positive or negative, whichever would damage the target more). A character who can channel positive or negative energy can, as a standard action, charge a whip of life and death by using one of his channel energy uses for the day.

The wielder of a whip of life and death gains a +2 bonus to all saving throws against attacks utilizing positive or negative energy.
Whips normally provoke attacks of opportunity, the same way firing a crossbow would. Whip mastery means you don't suffer AoOs for using the whip, but you still can't make AoOs using the whip until you get IWM, and then you threaten 10 ft, not 20 ft. Basically, you threaten the same area someone with a reach weapon like a glaive would, but when you are spending actions to attack, like making an attack action or a spellstrike or a full attack routine, you can hit enemies up to 15 ft away. IWM's utility stuff can be done at a range of up to 15 ft, not 20 ft.

Luck benifit [+1 luck to all saves/ reroll one roll that she just made, before the results are revealed]

22400gp Celestial Armor
This +3 chainmail is so fine and light that it can be worn under normal clothing without betraying its presence. It has a maximum Dexterity bonus of +8, an armor check penalty of –2, and an arcane spell failure chance of 15%. It is considered light armor and allows the wearer to use fly on command (as the spell) once per day.

Total =22400gp

Feet Slot
Boots of Escape

These sturdy Black leather boots have straps at the ankles and calves to ensure a snug fit.
Once per day, when the wearer of the boots is grappled, pinned, or entangled, she may transfer herself to any spot within 30 feet as if using a dimension door spell. A gnome wearing these boots may instead transfer herself up to 400 feet away.

Neck Slot
Talismans
0600gp   Pentacle Talisman: The five-pointed star carved on this round silver talisman glows blue whenever an evil creature targets the wearer with magic jar, possession, or a similar effect, or with a charm or compulsion spell or effect that allows the creature to exercise control over the wearer (such as suggestion, but not sleep). If the spell or effect allows a saving throw and the wearer fails it, he receives a second saving throw. If he succeeds at the second saving throw, the wearer is also protected by protection from evil for 5 rounds.
00900gp   Talisman of Freedom: These talismans are inscribed with the names of spirits and other figures associated with freedom and liberation. The first time that the wearer becomes grappled, entangled, or paralyzed, he is automatically affected by freedom of movement for 3 rounds.
03500gp Talisman of Life’s Breath: These talismans bear runic symbols of life and vitality, as well as the names of spirits and other figures that are closely associated with life-giving energies. The first time that the wearer dies, he is automatically affected by breath of life.
3 worn on gold chain
03500gp Talisman of life's breath [carried]

hands Slot
Apprentice’s Cheating Gloves

These black fingerless gloves are a boon to minor spellcasters and fakes who are limited or lacking in magical ability or versatility.
The wearer of these gloves can employ mage hand and prestidigitation at will.

Belt Slot
Belt of incredible Dexterity +4

Headband
Headband of Inspired wisdom +6

Shoulders
Cloak of the Resistance +4
This garment offers magic protection in the form of a +4 resistance bonus on all saving throws (Fortitude, Reflex, and Will).

Wayfinder with Pink Rhomboid (Ioun Stone)

Wayfinder
A small magical device patterned off ancient relics of a long lost civilization, a wayfinder is typically made from silver and bears gold accents. With a command word, you can use a wayfinder to shine (as the light spell). The wayfinder also acts as a nonmagical (magnetic) compass, granting you a +2 circumstance bonus on Survival checks to avoid becoming lost. All wayfinders include a small indentation designed to hold a single ioun stone. An ioun stone slotted in this manner grants you its normal benefits (as if it were orbiting your head), but frequently reveals entirely new powers due to the magic of the wayfinder itself.
Pink Rhomboid (Ioun Stone)
This stone grants the wearer a +2 enhancement bonus to Constitution.
Resonant Powers (Method 1)
Pink rhomboid: +1 bonus on Reflex saves.

003600   Talisman of the Summoned Steed
00500gp Whip Feather Token
00500gp Whip Feather Token
02000gp Handy Haversack

02000 --
Blood Reservoir of Physical Prowess

Description
This blown-glass vial has a chain for attaching it to the handle of a weapon. When filled with the wearer’s blood, it gains powerful magic. Filling the reservoir takes a full minute, deals 4 points of Constitution damage (which can be healed normally), and imbues the reservoir with 4 charges. Charging the reservoir changes the blood to magical fluid, which does not clot or decay with time.

The wearer can speak the first command word to draw 1 or more charges from the reservoir, curing 1 point of physical ability score damage per charge used.

The wearer can speak the second command word to imbue herself with a great burst of physical prowess, depleting all remaining charges and gaining an inherent bonus to one physical ability score equal to twice the number of charges used. This bonus lasts until the end of the wearer’s next turn.

The bearer can only use the reservoir if it is held in hand or attached to a held or wielded weapon. A bearer can safely carry only one charged reservoir at a time; any others spontaneously drain their charges in 1d10 rounds, leaving only the highestcharged reservoir intact. A reservoir has no effect if not charged with the wearer’s blood, and cannot be charged by bloodless creatures or those that cannot take Constitution damage.

20000gp Ring of Invisibility
02500gp Ring of Sustenance
01000gp Pathfinder Pouch
02000gp Pearl of Power [1st] x2
02000     Wasp nest of swarming x2
01000     Bead of Newt prevention
Total 35100
-----------------

scrolls/ wand == 19600
00150 L3 Aboleth's Lung
00375 L3 Remove Curse
00375 L3 Remove Curse
00700 L4 Blessing of Fervor
01125 L5 Angelic Aspect
01125 L5 Disrupting Weapon
01125 L5 Breath of Life
01125 L5 Breath of Life
01125 L5 Summon Monster V
01125 L5 Wall of Stone

00750 --
Wand of Blood Money

Casting Time 1 swift action
Components V, S
Effect
Range 0 ft.
Effect 1 material component
Duration Instantaneous
Description
You cast blood money just before casting another spell. As part of this spell’s casting, you must cut one of your hands, releasing a stream of blood that causes you to take 1d6 points of damage. When you cast another spell in that same round, your blood transforms into one material component of your choice required by that second spell. Even valuable components worth more than 1 gp can be created, but creating such material components requires an additional cost of 1 point of Strength damage, plus a further point of damage for every full 500 gp of the component’s value (so a component worth 500–999 gp costs a total of 2 points, 1,000–1,500 costs 3, etc.). You cannot create magic items with blood money.
For example, a sorcerer with the spell stoneskin prepared could cast blood money to create the 250 gp worth of diamond dust required by that spell, taking 1d6 points of damage and 1 point of Strength damage in the process.  UMD=20

00750 wand cure light wounds
00750 wand cure light wounds
00750 wand Detect Undead
00750 wand Recharge Innate Magic
04500 wand L2 [cl3] Ironskin
04500 wand L2 [cl3] Lesser Restoration
--------------

00016 -- Warpriest's kit [31lbs]
00130 -- Deluxe Dungeoneering Kit [15lbs]
00005 -- Gear Maintenace Kit [2lbs]
00001 -- Grooming Kit [2lbs]
00050 -- Master Work Survival Kit [5lbs]
00010 -- Courtesan's Kit [5lbs]
00012 daggers x6
00100 Masterwork Thieves’ Tools: Weight 2 lbs.; This kit contains extra tools and tools of better make, which grant a +2 circumstance bonus on Disable Device checks.
total 224
--------------
238324 total
Gold left = 1676

Spells

SLA
MSE [Feat] Protection from Evil 2/day SLA DC 12 CL 15
Urban
Detect Poison 1/day CL 15
Light 1/day  CL 15
Detect Magic 1/day CL 15
Entangle 1/day CL 15

Spells Memorized:
Orisons
Brand, Enhanced Diplomacy, Mending, Stabilize, Bleed

Level 1
Barbed Chains, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Touch of Bloodletting, Hedging Weapons, Endure Elements

Level 2
Status; Protection from Evil, Communal; Hold Person x2; Ironskin, Brust of radiance, darkness

Level 3
Channel Vigor, Chain of Perdition, Dispel Magic x2, Deadly Juggernaut, Protection from Energy, Bestow Curse

Level 4
Blessing of Fervor, Divine Power, Crusade's Edge, Freedom of Movement, Hallucinogenic Smoke

Level 5
Cleanse, Break Enchantment, Breath of Life, True Seeing
Jiggly Bits

Arcane Pool Points =9
Fervor Pool Points =14
Favorite class = 15 hp
Reroll-- Luck on whip

Saves:
Saves
base + Mod + Magic + racial + other
fort  9 + 2 + 4 + 1 +2 Luck = +18
ref  5 + 7 +4 +1 +2  = +19
will  9 +7 +4 +1 +2 = +23

BAB +dex +WF +magic
Whip [+11/+6/+1] +7 +1 +3 = +22/+17/+12  dam 2d6+10  reach 20'
dagger [+11/+6/+1] +7 +1 = +19/+14/+9 dam 2d6+7

+3 Whip Trip CMB +14 +7 = +21
+3 Whip Disarm CMB +14 +7 = +21
CMD 10 +11 +1 +7 = 29

Rolled Attributes

base+Race+Level+magic = Total
Str   13+0+0+0 =13
Dex  18+0+2+4 =24
Con  14+0+0+0 =14
Int   13+0+1+0 =14
Wis  16+2+0+6 =24
Cha  12+0+0+0 =12

Phaia

:o  :o :P
I just realized that Ixy's tiefling is also one of Calistra's!   O:) >:)

I had not planned that at all... Should be fun though.  ;D ;D
After all let the Goddess of lust and revenge send the RIGHT people to handle this problem!
While all the gods and goddess's of this or that run around trying to get their paladins or whatever in place...Calistra is dealing with it!!  :P

Phaia

Callie Del Noire

Nissa the Emerald-eyed

Human Thassalonian Wizard (Lust) 5/Enchanting Courtesan 10  TN
HP 107 /  Speed 30ft Init +3
AC 21/16/18 Fort +11  Ref +10  Wil +12l
CMB/CMD +6/22 BAB +7
Melee +2 dagger +8/+3 (1d4+1/19-20) or
   quarterstaff +6/+1 (1d6-1)
Ranged light crossbow +10 (1d8/19-20)

Str 9 (-1) Dex 14/16 (3) Con 12/14 (2) Int 24/30 (10) Wis 10 (0) Cha 14 (2)
Skills  Acrobatics +3/6, Appraise +1/14 (+16 for small or highly detailed items when using a magnifying glass), Bluff +15/29, Craft (alchemy) +15/28 (+33 when working with poison), Diplomacy +15/41, Disguise +6/11, Escape Artist* +15/18, Fly +7/13, Intimidate +5/14, Knowledge (arcana) +15/28, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +2/15, Knowledge (engineering) +15, Knowledge (geography) +2/15, Knowledge (history) +2/15, Knowledge (local) +4/17, Knowledge (nature) +2/15, Knowledge (nobility) +2/15, Knowledge (planes) +15/28, Knowledge (religion) +3/16, Linguistics +15/28, Perception +15, Perform (act) +4/9, Profession (courtesan) +10/13, Sense Motive +15/23, Sleight of Hand +15/26, Spellcraft +15/28, Stealth* +15/21, Survival +0 (+2 to avoid becoming lost), Swim* +15/14, Use Magic Device +15/25
* are skills from the Headband of Vast Intelligence +6
Languages Abyssal, Aquan, Auran, Azlanti, Celestial, Common, Daemonic, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Ettin, First Speech, Ghol-gan, Giant, Hallit, Ignan, Infernal, Kelish, Osiriani, Polyglot, Shoanti, Skald, Sylvan, Terran, Thassilonian, Tien, Varisian

Officially the Pathfinder has three 'Masters' at the Grand Lodge in Abaslon, the Master of Blades, Scrolls and Lore. That isn't quite true, there is a fourth master..the Master of Shadows. Nissa is the latest Master of Shadows, the true spymaster and assassin of the Society. She was recruited by the Decivarate, also known as the Circle of Ten, as their latest Shadow. She is the one who moves thru the courts of the world, looking for threats to the Society and ways to expand their exploration and discovery of lost lore and history. She tangled with the Whispering Way, Golden League, and of course the Aspsis Consortium over the years. She helped track down the cult that tried to awaken the Runelord Krune and killed him in his crypt.

More than a few of the Society's foes have died by her action, direct or indirect; she has aided the Taldan Empress and played the game of thrones in Chelliax, plotting one side against the other so that the Society could gain allies (willing or not) to overcome the ban there. Her efforts in Numeria, at the Worldwound and other locations moved the Society forward. Most of the time she plays spymaster to move those goals forward, other times she assists some of the other 'Shadow Pathfinders' in some way or another. She missed the formation of the Shadow Lodge and nearly died when rogue Venture Captain Adril Hestrim ambushed her with his cadre of followers in an attempt to find the names of the ten hidden leaders of the Society. She recovered in time to find out that another group had tracked down and unmasked Hestrim in time to kill him before he killed another member of the Ten. She was a step behind Grandmaster Torch when he turned himself in and just as close when he turned on the Society. The hunt for him was just winding down when the Ten discovered the impending disaster and sent her to look for a way into the Temple.

Statblock

Nissa the Emerald-eyed(E Version)
Female human (Azlanti) enchanting courtesan 10/enchanter 5
N Medium humanoid (human)
Init +3; Senses Perception +15
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 21, touch 16, flat-footed 18 (+5 armor, +3 deflection, +3 Dex)
hp 122 (15d6+60)
Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +12
DR 2/bludgeoning
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee +2 dagger +8/+3 (1d4+1/19-20)
Ranged light crossbow +10 (1d8/19-20)
Arcane School Spell-Like Abilities (CL 15th; concentration +25)
   13/day—dazing touch
Enchanter Spells Prepared (CL 15th; concentration +25)
   8th—mass charm monster (DC 30), irresistible dance (DC 30), summon monster VIII
   7th—limited wish, power word blind, prismatic spray (DC 27), summon monster VII
   6th—heightened charm monster (2, DC 28), getaway[APG], greater heroism, serenity[UM] (DC 28), sign of wrath (DC 26)
   5th—dominate person (DC 27), intensified dragon's breath[APG] (DC 24), feeblemind (DC 27), hold monster (DC 27), mind fog (DC 27), overland flight
   4th—akashic communion, intensified fireball (DC 23), greater invisibility, intensified lightning bolt (2, DC 23), phantasmal killer (DC 24), terrible remorse[UM] (DC 26)
   3rd—battering blast (DC 23), fly, heroism, hold person (2, DC 25), communal resist energy[UC]
   2nd—heightened charm person (DC 24), false life, hidden presence[UI] (DC 24), hideous laughter (DC 24), river whip[ACG], scorching ray, see invisibility
   1st—aphasia[UI] (DC 23), endure elements, fastidiousness, icicle dagger[UM], mage armor, magic missile (2), unseen servant
   0 (at will)—dancing lights, detect magic, prestidigitation, read magic
   Opposition Schools Necromancy, Transmutation
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 9, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 30, Wis 10, Cha 18
Base Atk +7; CMB +6; CMD 22
Feats Additional Traits, Cunning, Fast Learner[ARG], Favored Prestige Class, Greater Spell Focus (enchantment), Heighten Spell, Intensified Spell[APG], Prestigious Spellcaster, Scribe Scroll, Spell Focus (enchantment), Toughness, Vital Strike
Traits accidental clone, clever wordplay, extremely fashionable, pragmatic activator
Skills Acrobatics +9, Appraise +14 (+16 for small or highly detailed items when using a magnifying glass), Bluff +31, Craft (alchemy) +28 (+33 when working with poison), Diplomacy +41, Disguise +13, Escape Artist +18, Fly +13, Intimidate +16, Knowledge (arcana) +28, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +15, Knowledge (engineering) +15, Knowledge (geography) +15, Knowledge (history) +15, Knowledge (local) +17, Knowledge (nature) +15, Knowledge (nobility) +15, Knowledge (planes) +28, Knowledge (religion) +16, Linguistics +28, Perception +15, Perform (act) +11, Profession (courtesan) +13, Sense Motive +23, Sleight of Hand +26, Spellcraft +28, Stealth +21, Survival +0 (+2 to avoid becoming lost), Swim +14, Use Magic Device +25
Languages Abyssal, Aquan, Auran, Azlanti, Celestial, Common, Daemonic, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Ettin, Ghol-gan, Giant, Hallit, Ignan, Infernal, Kelish, Osiriani, Polyglot, Shoanti, Skald, Sylvan, Terran, Thassilonian, Tien, Varisian
SQ arcane bond (ring of protection +3), contact poison wielder, covert spells, enchanting smile, enchanting touch, hidden spell, informative liasons, master poisoner, overwhelming touch, poison use, seducer's leverage, seductive intuition, touch of ecstasy
Combat Gear pearl of power (1st level) (2), pearl of power (2nd level), scroll of comprehend languages (2), scroll of detect secret doors, scroll of glitterdust, scroll of identify (2), scroll of mount, scroll of rope trick, wand of mage armor (16 charges), acid (2), thunderstone; Other Gear +4 burdenless comfort glamered sunsilk silken ceremonial armor[UC], +2 dagger, crossbow bolts (10), light crossbow, belt of physical might +2 (Dex, Con), cloak of resistance +3, first aid gloves, headband of mental prowess +6 (Int, Cha), ioun torch ioun stone[APG], pathfinder pouch, ring of protection +3, secure paypack, tome of clear thought +1, wayfinder[ISWG], bedroll, belt pouch, belt pouch, candle (5), chalk (5), flint and steel, ink, inkpen, journal[UE], magnifying glass, mess kit[UE], pot, scroll box[UE], silk rope (50 ft.), soap, spell component pouch, spellbook, spellbook, spellbook, spellbook, torch (10), trail rations (10), waterskin (2), wizard starting spellbook, 12,990 gp, 3 sp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Arcane Bond (Ring of protection +3) (1/day) (Sp) Use object to cast any spell in your spellbook. Without it, Concentration required to cast spells (DC20 + spell level).
Contact Poison Wielder (Ex) Wield a dose of contact poison as a melee weapon, concealing it with Sleight of Hand.
Covert Spells (Su) Cast divination and enchantment spells covetly, but must make Bluff/Sleight of Hand checks.
Damage Reduction (2/bludgeoning) You have Damage Reduction against all except Bludgeoning attacks.
Dazing Touch (13/day) (Sp) As a standard action, touch dazes foe for 1 rd, if HD <= wizard level.
Enchanting Smile (Su) Gain bonuses to Bluff, Diplomacy and Intimidate. Turn enchantment spells.
Enchanting Touch (Su) If a creature lets you touch it, you can deliver a divination or enchantment spell.
Enchantment The enchanter uses magic to control and manipulate the minds of his victims.
Greater Spell Focus (Enchantment) +1 to the Save DC of spells from one school.
Heighten Spell Increases spell level to effective level desired.
Hidden Spell +3/+2 (Su) Bonus to spell DC vs. foes unaware of you or considering you an ally.
Informative Liasons (1/week) (Ex) Take 20 to gather information with no time increase if you've spent a month in a settlement.
Intensified Spell You can cast a spell that can exceed its normal damage die cap by 5 (if you have the caster level to reach beyond that cap).
Master Poisoner +5 (Ex) Use Craft (alchemy) for 1 hr to change poison type (failure ruins). +5 Craft (Alchemy) for poisons.
Necromancy You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Necromancy school.
Overwhelming Touch (Su) Targets of enchanting touch must roll twice and ttace worse result.
Poison Use You do not risk poisoning yourself accidentally while poisoning a weapon.
Seducer's Leverage (3 edges, 1/day) (Ex) Consult nework of informants to determine individual's influence with organization or individual.
Seductive Intuition (Su) Use Sense Motive in place of Diplomacy or Sleight of Hand vs. targets attracted to you.
Spell Focus (Enchantment) Spells from one school of magic have +1 to their save DC.
Touch of Ecstasy (DC 20) (Ex) Touch attack fills target with ecstatic pleasure, stunning it for 1d4 rounds. (Fort partial).
Transmutation You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Transmutation school.
Vital Strike Standard action: x2 weapon damage dice.
--------------------

Spellbook

Cantrips:
Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Bleed, Dancing Lights, Daze, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Disrupt Undead, Flare, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Mending, Message, Open/Close, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost, Read Magic, Resistance,Touch of Fatigue

1st
Air Bubble, Aphasia Burning Hands Charm Person, Comprehend Language, Corrosive Touch, Cultural Adaptation, Dancing Darkness,Dazzling Blade, Disguise Self, Ears of the City, Ear-Piercing Scream, Endure Elements  Fastidiousness Hydraulic Push Hypnotism Ice Dagger, Implant Urge, Incendiary Rune,  Kreighton’s Perusual, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Protection from Evil, Secluded Grimoire, Shield, Thunderstomp, Touch of Combustion, Unseen Servant, Vanish

2nd
Bestow Weapon Prof, Covetous Urge, False Life, Glitterdust Hidden Presence, Hideous Laughter, Investigative Mind, Heroism, Hold Person, Invisibility, River Whip, Scorching Ray, Searching Shadows, See Invisibility, Sonic Scream, Summon Monster II

3rd
Battering Blast, Fireball, Fly, Force Anchor, Halt Undead, Heroism, Hold Person, Lightning Bolt, Loathsome Veil, Resist Energy (Communal), Slave to Sin, Summon Monster III

4th
Akashic Communion, Amnesia, Charm Monster, Crushing Despair, Darkvision (Greater), Dimension Door, Dragon’s Breath, Fair is Foul, Firefall, Hurricane Blast, Invisibility (Greater), Mindwipe, Mnemonic Enhancer, Obsidian Flow, Overwhelming Grief, Phantasmal Killer, Shout, Stoneskin, Summon Monster IV, Terrible Remorse, Vitriolic Mist

5th
Apathy, Break Enchantment, Burst of Force, Caustic Blood, Cold Iron Fetters, Cone of Cold, Contagious Suggestions, Dismissal, Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster, Hungry Pit, Mind Fog, Overland Flight, Permanecy, Stoneskin (Communal), Summon Monster V, Sun’s Disdain (Mass), Teleport,

6th
Chains of Fire, Cloak of Dreams, Contingency, Disintergrate, Dispel Magic (Greater), Forceful Hand, Getaway, Heroism (Greater), Phantasmal Putrefaction, Planar Binding, Serenity, Shadow Walk, Sign of Wrath, Sirocco, Summon Monster VI, Veil

7th
Caustic Eruption, Crime Wave, Elemental Body IV, Grasping Hand, Limited Wish, Power Word (Blind), Prismatic Spary, Project Image, Summon Monster VII

8th Charm Monster (Mass), Incendiary Cloud, Irresistible Dance, Summon Monster VIII

Phaia

Callie, Nice character she should be another Calistra. Heck maybe we can convince all the female characters to be followers of Calistra and come up with a  reason none of the followers of other deities have sent anyone to deal with this Temple!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Phaia on November 05, 2018, 08:36:13 PM
Callie, Nice character she should be another Calistra. Heck maybe we can convince all the female characters to be followers of Calistra and come up with a  reason none of the followers of other deities have sent anyone to deal with this Temple!

Well I was going to go with the 'secret clone of a rune lord created by the Ten to be their 'Littlefinger' idea

I do see her having crossed blades and paths with the others more so than the Venture Captain idea.. a Spymaster would be more suitable. :D

Zaer Darkwail

Starting to work on revamp for my char now, sorry for delays.

Zaer Darkwail

Here my char reworked/revamp.

Disguised as mortal 'Taliash' (using daily use of change shape monster ability)

True form (Fiendskin+Tempting Flesh)

Talion ('Taliash') Duskwhisper, Prince Consort, Lord of Shadows
Lvl 15 Chaotic Evil Elf Bard (Brazen Deceiver) 5/Evangelist 10

Prince Consort Talion Duskwhisper hails from mysterious Mordant Spires, a ancient elven land which is shrouded in ancient customs and oaths, arrogance, secrecy and paranoia. Centuries ago he ventured forth from the island, to seek ancient relics from other elven sites, tracking them down to Westcrown and discovered some ancient era relics, some dangerous, were on auction. With usual haughty elf manner he simply did not buy or request returned; he outright stole them from warehouse which was under Council of Thieves protection. Now normally policy for such is outright assassination and council definitely tried that route; but they failed. Then when Talion was cornered in battle against multiple assassins, the artifacts activated accidentally and displayed how dangerous they can truly be in unwise hands, only he could close artifacts which stole several souls of important agents of the council and nobles alike.....and he did then something unusual; he returned those souls and people back to life and sneaked into one council secret meetings.

He then told how foolish council had been in regards handling artifacts and told they need someone who can tell from harmless trinket to dangerous ancient artifact among their ranks, so he requested to join the organization to avoid future mess. Council then agreed; they tested Talion and he became one their experts on stolen ancient relics from Azlanti and other ancient eras. Overtime he climbed organization ladder and even became member of the council less than century thanks of his skills and powers he developed later on (and was acquired later in binding part of essence of deceased demon lord's shadowy power which fit like a glove on himself). Also through association and personal interest he became follower of Nocticula and from his devotion to her gained overtime magical powers which helped cement his hold over the princess as her consort (even when she ascended to throne as a queen later on). However in 4606 AR civil war started in Cheliax and it then later changed dynamics of the council great deal and led to toxic paranoia which resulted council members even killing each other over nonsense, so Talion feigned his own death and disappeared entirely out of council's radar, as he no longer found use of said council.

But his legend continue on beyond his career from council and he has years lived as shadowy figure in underworld who deals with ancient relics while living as renowned prince consort to the present ruler of Mordant Spires.

Pre-Council Background

Talion was not born alone into the world, he had twin brother Taliash, however despite identical appearances Talion and Taliash weren't nothing alike each other. Taliash was kind, warm and considerate and calm where Talion had hot temper, mean spirit and arrogant. They competed a lot each other and their talents and skills also differed; Taliash more warrior and 'brute' as Talion called him while Talion had sharp wit, charm and grace.

They both were heirs of Duskwhisper family which was noble line in Mordant Spires and ruler at time arranged marriage between daughter and heirs of Duskwhispers, considering they were twins the future princess dated and courted both, but in end chose Taliash because of his 'noble' character. This drived Talion on dark rage from jealousy, so he lured his brother to watch and listen sirens song in northern shores of Mordant Spires, promising use bardic craft to protect him from luring song. However he betrayed his brother; he let sirens song affect him and make him become dazed by them and then push him over the cliff onto ocean, his body become battered and broken in the process and die in the fall. However Talion waited his body come to shore, he butchered the body into dozen pieces, taking strands of Taliash's fabulous hair and then brought all body parts to local coven of hags known locally by Sisters of Wilderness (formed by green, night and storm hag). He brought his brother's remains and requested them make finest harp from his remains, in return he promised for next decade bring every year one child for each hag (to do as they wish) and a man to share between them. A bargain was struck and hags weaved dark horrific magic together create a dark disturbing harp ever, which has own subtle illusion disguise it's nature to appear more beautiful harp.

In regards on informing Taliash demise, he did not do it. Far too risk being caught, so instead he used magical scroll of simulacra to create clone of himself which he let continue life as 'Talion' while himself continue life as 'Taliash'. As Taliash he married his destined wife in arranged and happy marriage while Talion lived on as shameful heir who partied and lived lecherous life. Eventually 'Talion' performed treason (stealing one relics of royal family) and as was given duty Taliash chased his twin brother down in epic confrontation outside Mordant Spires and in mainland instead. The duel was fierce and in end Taliash (Talion) was victorious (over his own loyal bound clone) and he brought relic back and thus erased anyone finding the truth of horrible murder (or his pact to hags as he placed disappearance of children and men to his clone as well). But because of his epic journey he was made traveling retriever of relics from ancient holds and a traveling ambassador and diplomat to Kyonin. So noble Taliash could depart from his mask in homeland and take face of Talion once more, live as truly self among council of thieves while continue living on a epic created lie in his homeland.

Str 9 -1
Dex 22 +6
Con 10 --
Int 20 +5
Wis 10 --
Cha 22 +6

Using GM rolled stats/HP

Stats (before level bonuses+items): 9, 10, 12, 13, 13, 17
HP:7, 8, 7, 6, 5, 8, 5, 4, 3, 7, 8, 8, 7, 5

Racials+permanent effects

+2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Int
Native Outsider
Elven Immunities
Fiendish Resistance: You have acid resistance 5, cold resistance 10 and immune to electricity and fire.
Illustrious Urbanite

City elves have a remarkable ability to combine magic harmoniously with their surroundings. They gain Spell Focus with conjuration, illusion, or transmutation spells as a bonus feat. When casting spells of this school, the elves can choose to have the spell leave undamaged any building or structure that would normally be affected.

Overwhelming Magic
Some elves obsess over the fundamentals of magic, training for decades to add layers of potent spellwork before they ever begin practicing true spells. This builds a foundation that makes their magic increasingly difficult to resist. These elves gain Spell Focus as a bonus feat. This racial trait replaces elven magic and weapon familiarity.

Low-Light Vision
Darkvision 60'ft
Prehensile Tail
Vestigial Wings

HP: 96 (14d8) Armor Class: 26 Initiative Bonus: +6 Speed: 30 ft land (40'ft good fly when transformed) CMD: 31 (BAB +Str/dex+items)
Saving Throws: Fort: +8 Ref: +19 Will: +11
Traits: Unabashed Gall, Overwhelming Beauty
Racial/Class Feats: Spell Focus [Illusion], Spell Focus [Enchantment], Spellsong
Chosen Feats(8 total): Spell Focus Greater [Illusion], Spell Focus Greater [Enchantment], Deific Obedience (Nocticula), Maleficium (Damnation), Mask of Virtue (Damnation), Fiendskin (Damnation), Soulless Gaze (Damnation), Solid Shadows, +Vital Strike
Chosen Masterpieces (sacrifice spells known): Triple Time, At the Heart of It All, Legato Piece on the Infernal Bargain
Attack Routine: +1 Mithril Dagger +10/+5 (1d4, 19/x2, 10'ft/melee)
                               (Vital Strike) +10 (2d4, 19/x2, melee)

Class Features (Brazen Deceiver Bard+Evangelist of Nocticula
Deceptive Tale, Bardic Performance 36/day (fascinatex5 [will save DC 23], inspire courage+3, inspire competence+4, suggestion [will save DC 23; need be fascinated], dirge of doom [no save], inspire greatnessx2, soothing performance, frightening tune [will save DC 23]), Bardic Spellcasting (Cha based, bard list), Shameless Scoundrel+7, Blatant Subtlety (sense motive DC 23 when specifically looking is he performing bardic performance or regular performance), Invoke the Blood, Devil’s Tongue 2/day (can take 20), Jack of All trades, Obedience, Skilled (Disable Device, Survival), Aligned Class (Bard), Protective Grace+2, Divine Boon (Detect Thoughts 2/day [will save DC 23], Tempting Flesh 1/day, Deadly Caress 1/day [will/fort save DC 23]), Gift of Tonguesx2, Multitude of Talents, Spiritual Form (+4 Cha, Fly 40'ft)

Spells|at-will|7/7/5/5/3

Notes: Against elven, native outsiders and humanoids mind-affecting effects get +1 to save DC, evil spells (when using harp) get +2 save DC to resist, illusions/enchantments get +2 to save DC, evil tagged spells are cast +2 CL and get -1 discount on metamagic levels.

0: Bleed, Touch of Fatigue, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, Message, Mage Hand, Mending
1: Silent Image, Unseen Servant, Unnatural Lust, Moment of Greatness, Beguiling Gift
2: Darkness, Darkvision, Arcane Disruption, Silence, Misdirection, Mirror Image, Locate Object, Dark Whispers
3: Shadow Enchantment, Magic Aura (Greater), Good Hope, Glibness
4: Shadow Conjuration, Shadow Step, Shadowform, Invisibility (Greater), Dominate Person
5: Shadow Evocation, Shadow Walk, Shadowbard, Phantasmal Web, Scripted Hallucination

Skills (maxed out ones)/Language:
Common, Elven, Abyssal, Draconic, Sylvan, Undercommon, Sakvroth, Infernal, Celestial, Sphinx, Dark Folk, Necril
Acrobatics +10 (1 rank + 3 prof + 6 dex), Bluff +30 (14 ranks + 3 prof + 6 cha + 7 class), Diplomacy +10 (1 rank + 3 prof + 6 cha), Disable Devices +12 (3 ranks + 3 prof + 6 Dex) Intimidate +28 (15 ranks + 3 prof + 6 cha + 4 feat), Fly +28 (15 item ranks + 3 prof + 6 dex + 4 race), Knowledge: Arcana +13 (5 rank + 3 prof + 5 int), Knowledge: Planes +10 (2 rank + 3 prof + 5 int), Knowledge: History +10 (2 rank + 3 prof + 5 int), Knowledge: Nobility +10 (2 rank + 3 prof + 5 int), Knowledge: Religion +11 (3 rank + 3 prof + 5 int), Linguistic +10 (2 rank + 3 prof + 5 int), Sense Motive +18 (15 ranks + 3 prof + 0 wis), Perception +18 (15 item ranks + 3 prof + 0 wis), Perform [string instrument] +26 (15 rank + 3 prof + 6 cha + 2 item), Stealth +30 (14 rank + 3 prof + 6 dex + 7 class), Disguise +30 (14 rank + 3 prof + 6 dex + 7 class), Survival +4 (1 rank + 3 prof + 0 wis), Sleight of Hand +10 (1 rank + 3 prof + 6 dex), Spellcraft +23 (15 rank + 3 prof + 5 int), Use Magic Device +24 (15 rank + 3 prof + 6 cha)

Equipment and items:
Custom Item; Harp of Dark Desires (78,950gp)
Harp of Dark Desires was crafted from remains of Talion's twin brother, he brought the remains to coven of hags known as Sisters of Wilderness, he made dark pact with them to create twisted instrument of pure evil to help his goals to deceive people and protect himself. Binding soul of his brother onto harp in the process and using dark fey magics. The hags did as promised, as did Talion providing children and young men as victims to the hags for next decade, later place blame of all deeds onto his simulacra who acted as himself while Talion stole identity of his twin.

Harp Qualities

• Able disguise it's horrid dark gothic appearance to beautiful form (glamer illusion, CL 17).
  • 3/day as free action can transform any spell to have evil tag added in.
  • 3/day as immediate action create illusionary clone (mirror image manner) when struck by attack (melee, spell, ranged) and if image is struck is shatters loudly and curses attacker so that it's next saving throw or attack roll it must roll twice and pick lowest result.
  • Harp has 10 charges and allows user to use Shatter (1 charge) or Break (2 charges) with CL 17.
  • Harp can cast goodberry spell, conjuring 2d4 berries with CL 17 once per day (and harp owner can have only one set of berries conjured by the harp). However these berries have additional effect; besides nutritional function the berries generate honeydust drug effect on consumers.
  • Allows bard use Dirge of Doom performance even when not yet qualified for it, if qualified radius increases to 60'ft.
  • When bard uses Fascinate performance on target(s), then ends it, he can free action curse the affected listeners so that they suffer 1d4 sonic dmg per round and are shaken unless they go place of total silence and they have also sonic vulnerability (this counts as curse effect in regards of removal). Duration is 2d4 rounds + rounds fascinate performance lasted.

Basic items combined (ignoring CL increases by GM's permission); 2,7K (glamered) + 13k (pipes of pain) + 10.5k (mirror of guarding reflections) + 7.75k (evil metamagic rod) + 12k (harp of shattering) + 15k (doomharp) + 12K (pipes of pain) + 13K (harp of contagion)

Item itself counts as CL 17 item, with evil aura similar to 17 HD evil outsider along with strong auras for necromancy, enchantment and illusion.
, +1 Mithril Dagger (2,500gp), Headband of Mental Prowess+4 (Cha&Int) (40,000gp), Catskin Leather (18,910gp), Belt of incredible Dexterity+6 (36,000gp), Cloak of Resistance+4 (16,000gp), Ring of Protection+2 (8,000gp), Ring of Sustenance (2,500gp), Amulet of Natural Armor+2 (8,000gp), Dusty Rose Prism (5,000gp), Handy Haversack (2,000gp), 2xScrolls of Extended Nondetection (CL 20, 4,100gp), 2xScrolls of Restoration w/diamonds (3,400gp), 2xScroll of Heal (3,300gp), 1xScroll of Legend Lore (2,500), 1xScroll of Extended Mage’s Magnificent Mansion (3,000gp), 1xScroll of Heroe's Feast (2,400gp), 1,150gp

Phaia

I hope everyone in the US votes today. I do not care how you vote. On the basic level I tell people that if they do not vote they cannot complain about the government they have.
Good luck all!

Phaia

indarkestknight

Okay, whew. Think I'm all caught up! Everyone has received an audit. Hoping to get this fired up before the end of the holiday weekend.

Phaia

Hey guys idk pointed out to me the cost of raise dead and restoration. [5000gp diamond for raise dead and 500gp diamond dust for restoration] I should be able to cover one of each. So I have to ask if you all want to cover one of those for your PC?
Raise dead scrolls are 6125gp a pop and Restoration scrolls cost either 800 gp or 1700 gp depending on whether or not they can be used to dispel permanent negative levels.

at the moment Miranda has a low UMD [I can change that if needed] so I never looked at a resurrection scroll!

Phaia

Zaer Darkwail

As I am editing atm my sheet, I likely could afford those scrolls myself (and use them as well thanks high UMD).

Roleplay Frog

The Prince doesn't meet the prerequesites for a raise dead scroll, however.

Callie Del Noire

Nissa has a fairly good UMD too

Still adjusting stuff. Thinking of tossing my archetype for toughness rolled like 4 1’s for hp

Phaia

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 10, 2018, 08:53:30 AM
Nissa has a fairly good UMD too

Still adjusting stuff. Thinking of tossing my archetype for toughness rolled like 4 1’s for hp

IDK will roll hps for ya as well and ya can take the better set he did for me and i came out better!

Roleplay Frog

Even mine came out better, and I rolled well already... Anywhoo, keep in mind that the cost component for restore only applies for permanent negative levels, you can fix other and status problems just fine as is.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on November 10, 2018, 08:52:02 AM
The Prince doesn't meet the prerequesites for a raise dead scroll, however.

With UMD you can mimic any class/restricted feature (in regards using items or scrolls) with UMD check 20 which prince can easily accomplish. So two rolls to use scroll of raise dead. But see PM as I realized just something that resurrection (or raise dead even) does not work on him thanks his feat choices.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 10, 2018, 09:10:16 AM
With UMD you can mimic any class/restricted feature (in regards using items or scrolls) with UMD check 20 which prince can easily accomplish. So two rolls to use scroll of raise dead. But see PM as I realized just something that resurrection (or raise dead even) does not work on him thanks his feat choices.

There is another problem as well.
You see, Raise dead and it's related abilities have one more condition that limits their usage: They can only be used on those that have died first. A condition that holds little relevance to Prince Sun.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, ofc prince is not dead but it's easier raise others from dead if person has scroll in their person to do so (and paid with diamonds in advance). But prince's case he cannot be raised though as he is utterly corrupted to his dark demonic mistress who is very defined founder of succubi demonic race (at least what stories/legends go).

Ixy

I know there's a character thread, and I'll add my PC tonight in the state it was approved.  Is there an ooc thread or anything else I'm missing?

indarkestknight

OOC thread is here, and IC thread, which I just got up in the last half hour, is here.  ;D