The World Book Chronicles: a Paranormal Study interest/recruitment

Started by BlueEyedBard, July 18, 2018, 02:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueEyedBard

The World Book:
A paranormal study

Hello all and welcome to the World Book chronicles, and hopefully, onto the investigation team.

The point of this game is for our characters to explore a world that runs parallel to ours. A world where all the stories, and monsters, and spirits are all true, and are slipping into ours. Bringing in new twists to old stories, I think there is an unending pool of inspiration for new adventures for our team. While keeping in mind the big question... "Why is this happening, now?"

Our team consists of six members, each of them possessing qualities that are necessary for the team.
The characters are...

The Archeologist/Researcher-
Brings the group together through the discovery of an ancient tomb/gateway/map, that leads them to their investigation sites. The only one who can translate the book.

The Ghost Hunters (2)-
a pair of highly dedicated, highly educated, and well equipped ghost hunters. They want to have their own ghost hunting show, but probably don't have more than a few episodes on YouTube. These are the techies, with all the best equipment for documenting everything they find.

The Psychic-
Sees or communicates with the dead. Maybe has visions when coming in contact with a person or object. They might have their own practice, trying to connect people with past loved ones. They might also team up with the ghost hunters now and then as a more spiritual perspective.

The Survivalist-
Well trained and well equipped to make sure every member of the team is prepared for anything that will be thrown at them. But in this new realm, even the expert will get a run for their money. Probably is teamed up with the archeologist from the start, as they are the ones keeping the explorer safe wherever their research takes them.

The Financier-
A business tycoon, or otherwise ridiculously rich investor, with an intense love of historical mysteries, and the prospect of magic and mystery being hidden in time. Just waiting for someone curious enough to stumble across it. They have probably been funding the archeologist's research for awhile. Because of which, they have gotten to take numerous of their own private tours of temples, and other such historic places, that were once lost. Now faced with the possibility for the ultimate adventurer, they refuse to be left behind for any of it. They are a jack of all trades. Tons of money and time = the opportunity to learn to do just about anything.

6 characters, even ratio. Just makes sense.

I want people, at this point, to still look at this as a workshop. There is still more to be worked out. I think once these character archetypes that I have created, are filled with your characters, it will help things come together.

We also want people who are patient at the start. Because my vision for this is that each character(s) gets their own "joining the group" scene.

Here is a template that can be used for character creation. But because the background for some of these characters will rely on one or two of the others, rather than fill out a character sheet right away, please message me what character you are interested in, why, and what you would like to bring to this character. Also I will be looking at previous posts of yours, but if you would prefer to include a writing sample I am willing to look at that.
[b]Character image:[/b] [img height=350] Insert Image here![/img]
[b]Player Name:[/b]
[b]Character name:[/b]
[b]Group Role:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Biography/History:[/b] What made them want to pursue the paranormal? 
[b]Likes:(Not necessarily sexual)[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Skills/Talents:[/b] What does your character bring to the table? EX: A fine ear for catching audible anomalies, A strong sense of self strength, anything else that does not pertain to their role in the group.

[img height=350] Insert Image here![/img]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Group Role:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Wearing[/b] Optional either use link or describe [url(Add the = here)Insert link here!]Description of outfit[/url]
[b]Additional Information:[/b] Mood, Feeling, Etc.

Beyond that, feel free to use this page for posting interest, asking any questions you may have about the game, characters, life in general…
And whatever general silliness seems appropriate :p
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Bekah Boo

BlueEyedBard

I can always count on you, Boo  ;)

And thanks again for making the character and tagging templates!
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
On/Off

Bekah Boo

Quote from: BlueEyedBard on July 18, 2018, 03:25:15 PM
I can always count on you, Boo  ;)

And thanks again for making the character and tagging templates!

It's what I do ;3

Lol I'm excited for this ;3

DummieBlondie

well, I would be up as The Financier, gladly. I will think and came up with a character in few days!

BlueEyedBard

On/Off

keyotess

I would be interested in being the Archaeologist/Researcher.  At one time I thought about getting a degree into archaeology/anthropology. :) 
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

BlueEyedBard

Far out keyotess! I'll be excited to see what you come up with!

Like I was saying above, I would like to see sort of a written up character concept you have in mind for the character you want to play.
Not to be confused with the character sheet. Mostly because some of the characters will have past relationships with one another, so we will want to nail those down before fully writing up detailed sheets.
On/Off

Arcanist

Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

BlueEyedBard

On/Off

Bekah Boo