The Cities of Death [INTEREST CHECK & RECRUITMENT]

Started by Thera Regina, December 15, 2017, 11:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thera Regina

The Cities of Death

5 years ago, a young man by the name of Roland Campbell designed a virus that could potentially wipe out all life on Earth. His superiors, though surprised that he was able to design such a thing in their labs, told him to dispose of the virus so that it could never be used by any terrorist organisation. Angry that he had put so many resources into creating this virus and hadn't been able to test it, Mr. Campbell decided that he would smuggle the virus out of the laboratory and continue to develop it at home. What he hadn't counted on, was the way the virus affected the living tissues of a creature.

Upon arriving home, he purchased three brown rats and two cages. The first cage would house all of the rats, and the second cage would only house the rats that he had tested on. When he tested the serum on the first rat, it died within a few hours of being exposed, so Mr. Campbell rethought his process and made the virus a little stronger. The second rat also died within a few hours of being exposed, so again Mr. Campbell rethought his processes and this time he made the virus into an aerosol form. The third rat didn't seem affected by the virus at all, and this was the rat that Mr. Campbell did his tests on. For a while, the rat didn't respond to much of the testing, but after a few months the rat suddenly passed away.

As Mr. Campbell was preparing the rat for an autopsy, the rat suddenly exploded sending an invisible gas into his face, along with blood and guts. For a while, Mr. Campbell observed himself and couldn't find any signs of anything that could cause him any problems, except from a blocked nose and a hacking cough. The flu-ish symptoms only lasted for a few days, but in that time he infected several people, who in turn infected everyone else and within a few months, the whole world was infected with the unknown virus. As a matter of fact, the virus hung around in the air, meaning that even newborn babies were infected.

Mr. Campbell didn't know what the virus did, as there wasn't any way to tell the affects of it. That is until there were reports of dead bodies becoming undead. Even those who had been murdered, who'd had their faces blown off, but their brains were still whole were getting up and walking away. Even pets! At this point, Mr. Campbell knew what his virus did, and once his superiors found out as well, he knew that they would come after him. So, instead of facing justice for unwittingly releasing a biological weapon on the world, he took his family out to a mountain and drove the car off of the cliff, killing them all instantly. They didn't however, stay dead and they all came back as what others were calling...zombies

City X

City X is where Roland Campbell was born, and where he lived and worked. This is where the Z Virus was first created, and consequently this is the first city to have been abandoned due to the zombies. Five years on, the undead still roam the streets here, eating whatever wanders into the city, be it animal or human. There are still stores with food and supplies here, but finding them means running a gauntlet of zombies of both animal and human kinds. While the human zombies are rather slow, the animal ones are faster and though outrunning them is possible, it is always better to put them out of their misery before they catch you. Be warned though, noise will attract more of them. Survivors may also reside here, in the wreckage of what was formerly a magnificent city.

City Y

City Y is the second city to be hit by the virus. This is where the survivors of City X came when everything went to the zombies there. There are fewer zombies roaming this city, but don't be fooled by the tranquillity of it, the biters may lurk in derelict houses and buildings. Any noise will attract a horde, and they can quickly overwhelm anything in their path. The stores here have limited supplies, as most of them have been ransacked by any survivors who may have been to the city and passed through.

Other Cities Around The World

Other cities have a differing level of the zombie problem. Most of the citizens of these cities have either fled to safe places around the world, or have become that which they fear. Any survivors stuck in these cities either need to find other survivors, or risk starving or worse. Transport is available, if you can find enough gas to get them going, but again beware of the zombies, as they will be attracted to the noises of the vehicles.

Survivor Town

This is the town where the survivors will congregate, there is plenty of room in this town for a large band of survivors and virtually no zombies. Every so often though, a zombie will wander into the town, but they're few and far between. Animals often wander into this town as well and make their homes in the uninhabited houses. These animals will provide food for the survivors, and if they can be caught, some of the animals that wander into the town will make great early warning systems for the survivors, telling them if a zombie enters the vicinity.

What I'm Thinking

I'm thinking that all of the survivors are spread between the cities and eventually meet up. There can be good and bad people, people who want to steal from those who already have essential supplies, those who think that they know what it takes to survive on their own, or even those who want to cause disruption in the survival groups. Survivors can be any gender, and the age can range from fifteen (15) and upwards. Any character who is 16 and under, will Not be taking part in any sexual acts with another person, no exceptions.

Rules

I know that people don't like rules, but in order for everyone to enjoy the game, there will need to be some rules. So here they are...

• Post Length: I understand that not everyone will like this, but please can you make sure that your post length is at least one(1) paragraph in length, with as much detail as you can put in it to give other people something to respond to.
  • Language: There will be bad language in this RP, there's no doubt about that, but please don't have your character effing and blinding every single time they talk.
  • Non-Con: There will also be some NC elements in this RP, but before you randomly jump on another person's character, please discuss it with them over PM or in the OOC thread first.
  • Sexual Acts: As said above, sexual acts are a given in this RP, but there will be no underage sexual acts, at all. If I find that anyone does this you'll get a warning and if you don't heed that warning, I'll ask you to leave.
  • God-Modding: Unless you have spoken to the other players of the game, there will be no god-modding. Your character is yours and their character is theirs, please don't assume that something happened when it didn't
  • Most Importantly: Have fun!

Character Sheet

This is your character sheet. You can have a Maximum of two(2) characters each.

Name:
Height:
Weight (optional):
Skin Tone:
Body Type:
Hair Color:
Hair Length & Style:
Eye Color:
Clothing Style:
Weapon (If Applicable):

Info:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight (optional):[/b]
[b]Skin Tone:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Hair Length & Style:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Clothing Style:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Weapon (If Applicable):[/b]

[b]Info:[/b]

Links

OOC Thread: Click Here!
Character Thread: Click Here! - All character submissions should be made here please.

Request Thread: Here
O/O’s: Here
A/A’s: Here

yuki92

i'll put my tentative interest here...

is it day 1 kind of thing where everyone is in the middle of their own thing? or all of the character already in one place and forming some kind of community?

Thera Regina

Well, we could start at Day 1, depending on the group consensus

Norsegod1839

Thera Regina

Drake Valentine

What category(content level) would this game fall under?

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Thera Regina

Quote from: Drake Valentine on December 16, 2017, 09:07:33 AM
What category(content level) would this game fall under?

That would depend on how much violence and gore everyone wants to have in it. But most probably [EX]

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Princess Alexx on December 16, 2017, 09:09:08 AM
That would depend on how much violence and gore everyone wants to have in it. But most probably [EX]

Well, I was speaking more towards non-con themes as well. Less everyone expected to play goody-goody.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Thera Regina

Quote from: Drake Valentine on December 16, 2017, 09:17:14 AM
Well, I was speaking more towards non-con themes as well. Less everyone expected to play goody-goody.

Oh yeah, of course there will be those, but please first discuss it with the person you'll be doing the NC elements with ^_^

TheBlackThrone

I find this game interesting. What kind of zombies are we dealing with? The Walking Dead kind since this idea has a Walking Dead vibe or the Dawn of the Dead runners? Do these zombies have the ability to turn you before you even die such as through a bite or scratch?
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Godsend

Thera Regina

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on December 16, 2017, 11:04:48 AM
I find this game interesting. What kind of zombies are we dealing with? The Walking Dead kind since this idea has a Walking Dead vibe or the Dawn of the Dead runners? Do these zombies have the ability to turn you before you even die such as through a bite or scratch?

Yeah, it's kind of a cross between The Walking Dead and Z Nation. And yes, they do have the ability to turn you before you die if you get bitten or scratched.

Amarlo

Count me interested. I'll be keeping an eye on this. :)

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Princess Alexx on December 16, 2017, 11:26:13 AM
Yeah, it's kind of a cross between The Walking Dead and Z Nation. And yes, they do have the ability to turn you before you die if you get bitten or scratched.

Does this mean that there will be instances where we pretend to be blind and unable to see a zombie horde within our proximity, and then suddenly! Oh shit! We're surrounded by a zombie horde! Who could have seen that coming?  ;D
The gates are open

Thera Regina

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on December 16, 2017, 04:27:10 PM
Does this mean that there will be instances where we pretend to be blind and unable to see a zombie horde within our proximity, and then suddenly! Oh shit! We're surrounded by a zombie horde! Who could have seen that coming?  ;D

Perhaps  ;D

TheBlackThrone

I am interested in making a guy who was formerly an electrician, but I am wondering if some Resident Evil elements can be added such as those zombies with a mutated strand of the virus that turns them into grotesque abominations. How the group handles a creature like that seems more challenging than dealing with the usual slow-walking herds.

Oh and does the virus affect animals? It didn't seem to do so in Walking Dead. If it does affect animals, then that would be a big enough problem lol.
The gates are open

Thera Regina

Lol. It came from an animal, so I would say that yes, it affects animals too. And sure, you can add RE traits if you wish.

Thera Regina

Wooo! Character Thread and OOC chatter thread are now up! For the Character Thread, there is a MAXIMUM of TWO(2) characters each! Go wild peeps!

TheBlackThrone

I like your enthusiasm. I'll work up a CS as soon as I get some IOUs out.

Also, what city is this starting in?
The gates are open

Primarch

Thera Regina

Quote from: Primarch on December 17, 2017, 05:41:57 AM
I would also like to mark interest!

Awesome! The more the merrier!

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on December 17, 2017, 04:46:07 AM
I like your enthusiasm. I'll work up a CS as soon as I get some IOUs out.

Also, what city is this starting in?

It can start in whatever city you want it to. Unless you’d rather I put up City descriptions?

Primarch

I think having some city decided upon might work best. Give us a location to unite around so we can arrange how characters meet and the like.

Thera Regina

Quote from: Primarch on December 17, 2017, 06:08:50 AM
I think having some city decided upon might work best. Give us a location to unite around so we can arrange how characters meet and the like.

Okay, I’ll get some descriptions up after I’ve dried the dog.

yuki92

so, the character thread is already up?

So shall i post the character here?
I'll work out on it soon.

ChandyMan

This seems fun, I could def be interested! I will say though, I'm very new to the "game" thing (this would be the first one I'm trying, I've only done 1v1 Solo RP's so far), so I may need some hand-holding along the way. If that's not an issue I'd totally be in.

Thera Regina

Quote from: yuki92 on December 17, 2017, 06:43:15 AM
so, the character thread is already up?

So shall i post the character here?
I'll work out on it soon.

I would very much like it if you could post your Character up in the thread ^_^

Quote from: ChandyMan on December 17, 2017, 06:50:46 AM
This seems fun, I could def be interested! I will say though, I'm very new to the "game" thing (this would be the first one I'm trying, I've only done 1v1 Solo RP's so far), so I may need some hand-holding along the way. If that's not an issue I'd totally be in.

I will be happy to mentor you ^_^