Virtual Galaxy Beta Discussion (Closed)

Started by Moraline, July 07, 2013, 08:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelsmiter

but much like real world news media you need a BS filter?
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Chrystal

Quote from: steelsmiter on July 15, 2013, 02:58:10 AM

You've been watching the same TV news as me then... *eyeroll*

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

steelsmiter

oh Ican't really stomach fox news or cnn. I weed out all the crap one says about this political party or the other about that political party, take what they're both saying, then I cross check that with the cynical Comedy Central political comedy and filter out everything that isn't unanimous.

It usually boils down to:
Obama Sucks
Romney Sucks
Judges Suck
House Sucks
Senate Sucks
Oh hey, a school shooting... damn.
Bullets are 3 bucks a pop now
gas is almost 4 bucks a pop now, maybe we should use milk oh wait! ten cents more!

obtw, I'm quite skilled at "cynical"
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

TheHangedOne

Ahh, don't get me started on Fox news. It won't end well. *Curls up on Moraline's lap like a cat, instead.*
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Chrystal

I watch BBC News....

BBC Breakfast is not a news program, it is a magazine program. It doesn't give you the facts, and let you make your own mind up, it editorialises everything!

They actually have a set formula for biased reporting!

This spoof has it down to a tee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtGSXMuWMR4

Seriously, that is the formula for virtually every news report on the BBC....

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Formless

I don't watch the news.

It's always easier to just read a headline while browsing online. The TV channels are just too annoying to listen to.

Nice acronym-ing by the way Chrystal. :)

Chrystal

Quote from: Formless on July 15, 2013, 10:25:32 AM
Nice acronym-ing by the way Chrystal. :)

Thanks. That's phonetic Hindi, by the way. See Silver's profile for why she might speak it in times of stress!

(The actual script is "देवताओं ओह! ब्लू, मुझे लगता है हम तुम खो दिया था!" Which may or may not display correctly on your comp depending on your browser font set!)

Moraline

Quote from: steelsmiter on July 15, 2013, 02:58:10 AM
Yes.. like any real world news...

Accept that because the news reports are coming from a Live Stream from inside the game,... The world can actually see the truth in real time, all the time. (Although most of that comes from inside public areas of the Hub Zones, Action areas in Games(with game score boards), and from the private areas that are known to be publically broadcasted on the 'ADULT VGB XXX" channel.)

Quote from: Chrystal on July 15, 2013, 10:59:19 AM
Thanks. That's phonetic Hindi, by the way. See Silver's profile for why she might speak it in times of stress!

(The actual script is "देवताओं ओह! ब्लू, मुझे लगता है हम तुम खो दिया था!" Which may or may not display correctly on your comp depending on your browser font set!)
Displays perfectly on my screen. Although because I don't actually know what it should look like - It might be intelligible gobbly gook.  But it's cool looking script to me.

@ Group B - Kimera's character has a hint/piece of news for your team to help move you all forward.

Chrystal

If you copy the script, and paste it into Google Translate, it should auto-select "hindi". If it doesn't click "Auto Detect language". It will give the translation (usually in English unless you have some other default) in t6he other pain.

You can't use the phonetic script to translate back, because it doesn't recognise it!

TheHangedOne

Hmm, I should probably point out I've been using phonetic Ukrainian (as evidenced by a lack of Cyrillic characters).

I will have a post up later this evening or tomorrow.
Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 15, 2013, 01:01:40 PM
Hmm, I should probably point out I've been using phonetic Ukrainian (as evidenced by a lack of Cyrillic characters).

I will have a post up later this evening or tomorrow.
*pets the THG curled up in my lap*  Between you and Chrystal's Silver.. I have 2 kitties to cuddle with!

Chrystal

*giggles* I used to have a big black furry feline as my avatar, for a long time.

TheHangedOne

*Purrs up a storm, and even playfully bats at Moraline.* Meow! :3
Check out my poet tree!

Yukina

I'm sorry, but I will be dropping out of the game. I just can't seem to keep hooked on this one.

Moraline

Quote from: Yugishogun on July 15, 2013, 04:21:14 PM
I'm sorry, but I will be dropping out of the game. I just can't seem to keep hooked on this one.
No problem. Thank you for telling us.

steelsmiter

same here, but mine was lack of GM direction. I felt like I was cheating to get my clues from the other group.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Moraline

Quote from: steelsmiter on July 15, 2013, 04:48:31 PM
same here, but mine was lack of GM direction. I felt like I was cheating to get my clues from the other group.
Hmm? Should have said something.

Well, regardless. Thank you for letting me know you were dropping and posting your exit.

Quote from: Moraline on July 15, 2013, 12:50:04 PM
...@ Group B - Kimera's character has a hint/piece of news for your team to help move you all forward.
<Note the highlighted part that was meant to attract the attention of Group B and give you direction.>

Oddly enough, I was worried that I was giving too much direction. *shrugs*

Would anyone else like a little more direction?  <now that I know it appears to be a problem> 
I could outline a path for completing the first riddle/puzzle/quest if people would like? I have no problem doing that.

Chrystal

Personally, Moraline, I don't think any amount of hints and clues would help me solve the first riddle, because it would appear to refer to something I have never even heard of!

As GMs go, I think you have provided a great environment and a spectacular meta-plot, and now that things have slowed and sorted themselves out, I am thoroughly enjoying the game.

I have invited Dashenka to join and she said she is interested and is thinking about a character sheet- her character will end up as my character's love interest (subject to GM approval of course).

So, anyway, other than not understanding a word of the clues, I'm perfectly happy and think you are doing a great job.

Moraline

Quote from: Chrystal on July 15, 2013, 05:21:00 PM
Personally, Moraline, I don't think any amount of hints and clues would help me solve the first riddle, because it would appear to refer to something I have never even heard of!

As GMs go, I think you have provided a great environment and a spectacular meta-plot, and now that things have slowed and sorted themselves out, I am thoroughly enjoying the game.

I have invited Dashenka to join and she said she is interested and is thinking about a character sheet- her character will end up as my character's love interest (subject to GM approval of course).

So, anyway, other than not understanding a word of the clues, I'm perfectly happy and think you are doing a great job.
Thank you, Chrystal. Also, Dashenka is always welcome to join any of my games. I play with her elsewhere on the forums. I look forward to seeing her submit a sheet.

NOTE:  If anyone has any questions about anything going on in game. All you have to do is ask. I'm more then happy to answer and more then happy to explain why I give the answer that I do (if necessary.)

Formless

I think the riddle is part of why I'm Psyched about the game.

And I'll add my voice to what Chrystal said. You've done a great deal of work putting up the whole world.

And whenever I wonder about something I just ask and Moraline is more than ready to answer.

In short ... You're awesome Moraline.

Now can you people see this مرحبا

Chrystal

مرحبا الظهير الايمن في لكم

Formless

* laughs *

Ok seriously , what were you trying to say? xD

Chrystal

You said "Hello" in Arabic, and I said,"Hello Right back at you"

http://translate.google.co.uk/?hl=en&tab=TT Google translate is not the most accurate in the world, but it does the job!

Formless

Another victim of Google translate ... sigh ...

ZephySempai

Aww... I'm really sad to see my two new friends go... :( I really wanted to get into it more with them...

I'm chillin' myself. Regardless of whether my group solves the riddle or not, I'm just waiting to get to the actiony part. Hope Thalis doesn't mind keeping Krad company.