Two 8th grade girls attack/strip 5th grade boy.

Started by Wolfy, June 05, 2011, 12:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Quote from: Alliance on June 06, 2011, 03:50:45 PM
My father did. When I was bullied.

I think at some point you have to do something for yourself by yourself.

I never advocate they go after the daughters. Do talk to the parents. Do establish boundaries and what you will and won't accept. Obviously if it was dire enough to get the police involved, just because the police advocate it as a "prank" doesn't mean you have to.

The bit that Meikle is referring to (and I agree with the point made) is that people are siccing 'Anonymous' on the girls.  This is the Internet equivalent of giving a rabid badger a dose of speed and launching it with a catapult in the general direction of the target.  You will most likely see far more damage done than appropriate or intended, and enough collateral damage to make the target miss the entire point.

Non-law-enforcement people that should be sent in:  Teachers at the middle school, in the form of a general, across-the-board anti-bullying campaign.  Parents - namely, the girls' parents and the victim's parents, in the form of a moderated sit-down with the girls.  Counselors - a full round of them, for all the kids involved.  The boy is going to need help dealing with the trauma, and someone needs to figure out what the root of the girls' behavior is.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Alliance

Quote from: meikle on June 06, 2011, 03:58:47 PM
You don't have to accept it as a prank.  You do have to accept that taking the law into your own hands is stupid and incredibly criminal.

So what?

You let it happen? When none of the authority will listen to you. Think you're lying. Think you're making up stories. Because they believe the majority over you.

You're going to sit back and let it happen.

That's how situations escalate.

meikle

There's a video.  Nobody is going to think they're lying.  The mother herself said she doesn't actually want to press charges.

I want you to say that you approve of sending criminals after teenage girls, though, if that's really the point you're making.
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Sho

I'm of two minds here; legally, I think the girls should either be put in juvenile detention for a day or two (not a long time, just enough to scare them silly) for assault. And their parents should be talked to, and they should have to attend counseling classes - and hopefully they'll not be allowed on the internet for a long, long time.

Then again, from my own personal standpoint...and I know that this is probably wrong...I see it as rather fair that they've having /b/ sicced on them. Afterall, if you're old enough to post a video of you assaulting someone and stripping them naked, humiliating them, on the internet...well, you're going to get some backlash. The fact that they knew it was wrong and thought of it as funny (they did say that they 'owned' him)...they deserve to be taught a lesson. I hope that no one takes it too far and actually physically assaults them, of course. As far as I know (and I could be wrong about this) no one from 4chan has used the information to physically stalk or assault someone...just to send prank pizzas, strippers, etc. to their house. Frankly, after what they did to the little boy, I think they deserve it.

In short; if you're old enough to use the internet like a disgusting, sadistic troll...you're going to get trolled in return. It may not be right, but I just can't bring myself to feel bad for these girls in this situation.

Alliance

Quote from: meikle on June 06, 2011, 05:29:35 PM
There's a video.  Nobody is going to think they're lying.  The mother herself said she doesn't actually want to press charges.

I want you to say that you approve of sending criminals after teenage girls, though, if that's really the point you're making.

I'm not saying sending criminals on her. I am saying take the situation into your own hands. Don't rely on others to help you. Don't rely on anyone, but yourself. You knew what happened, you knew how it happened. And if the police aren't going to help then you have to do it yourself. Establish a boundary line with the parents, make it known that if it happens again or if you catch wind of another situation you will press charges.

You cannot sit at home and do nothing about it. To me that is neglect of a child.

Ironwolf85

this was just appaling,
first of all please stop debating vigalantisim it is off topic and might get this forum locked down.
second that kid is going to be fucked up for life, I say this from experience, when I was in 4th grade the second time round (yeah i had to repeat it, but I was a year ahead anyway so it made no diffrence) aside from being made fun of, and bullied on a daily basis. we were playing a game of tag on the playground when I tagged a girl on the chest (having not fully sexually developed, though my mother was a nurse and I knew the anatomy, I just didn't care) she freaked told the teacher, it caused a major scandal in the school, I was almost brought up on charges of sexual assault, for a fourth grader having THAT as your introduction to sexuality is not a good thing.
To this day I have problems with approaching women I like in real life, I am only recently getting my act togeather sexually and com ing out of my shell.
I am now 22 and finally starting to get the balls to even oogle a woman let alone talk to her...
thanks justice system!
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Oniya

(Actually, as long as the conversation stays civil, the worst that might happen is a thread-split.)

As a parent, I know I have to advocate for my kid, as well as keep my kid in line.  All sets of parents here need to be reminded of that.  My little one was threatened in school, and the first I heard about it was from her Nana.  I took it straight to the principal.  Now she knows that Mommy will stand up for her, and she comes to me first.  Her first year in school, she was also caught doing some things that she shouldn't - and Mr. Oniya and I sat her down and had a 'serious' talk with her.  We haven't had another report of the same problem since.

Catch these things early, show the kids the right way to behave.  It works.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ironwolf85

My parents handled it well which is why I'm not more screwed up, heck other than getting bulled in school, when I got home I had a perfect nuclear, slightly religious but not fantatical, stern but understanding family.

so i can imaghine what this kid is going to be as an adult without that support system... it won't suprise me if he winds up feeling more confortable about sex with guys because of these girls harassment of him.

I'm not trying to start another debate, I just think that homosexuality can be learned or born in. for me it's kinda complex, and before the debate starts, I don't think gay parents create the conditions to change one's sexuality. Trauma relating to women, especally such as what we witnessed on this video, during sexual development can cause anxexity, making one feel more confortable with males, this might not cause it, but this can be a contributing factor towards the changing of one's sexual prefrences.
Freud aside...

Basicly I think the poor kid is going to have a poor opinion of, and be incredibly tense around women later in life because of this incident, and because of his mother's failure to help him, and he's probably feeling like the adults are letting the girls get away with doing this.
this means this truma will be all the deeper.

sorry i'm getting all intelectual psycho-anylizer again.
and Oniya, from what I hear you are raising your kid well and she'll be a decent person when she grows up.
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

meikle

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on June 07, 2011, 01:53:14 PMit won't suprise me if he winds up feeling more confortable about sex with guys because of these girls harassment of him.

What happened wasn't cool but I think you're making kids out to be a lot more fragile than they are.
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Shjade

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on June 07, 2011, 01:53:14 PM
it won't suprise me if he winds up feeling more confortable about sex with guys because of these girls harassment of him.
I'm not sure I understand the logic.

I can see something like this possibly leading to a more anti-feminine response in the boy as he develops, but I'm not seeing where the male interest would come into it. If anything, assuming he's straight prior to the assault, I'd see it either causing overall withdrawal from romantic interests or, possibly, the opposite - inspiring a more hostile/aggressive interest in women than he might have had otherwise as payback. I just don't see where the "guys are for me" element pops up as a result of being attacked by a couple of girls. I'm sure it could happen - brains are strange - but I'd be confused by it as a response to this.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Envious

My stars, if that was my little boy in that situation, I would be all over the place making sure that those girls were just as humiliated. And eye for an eye is a terrible justice system, but what they did was unforgivable and disgusting and shameful and the fact that the police acted so flippantly and that the boy's mother is so conflicted just riles me up more.

What those girls did was wrong. Sure, going after them in an equally vicious manner is not right, but I can't help but feel that how this is being handled is completely wrong.

Ironwolf85

Quote from: Shjade on June 07, 2011, 02:09:23 PM
I'm not sure I understand the logic.

I can see something like this possibly leading to a more anti-feminine response in the boy as he develops, but I'm not seeing where the male interest would come into it. If anything, assuming he's straight prior to the assault, I'd see it either causing overall withdrawal from romantic interests or, possibly, the opposite - inspiring a more hostile/aggressive interest in women than he might have had otherwise as payback. I just don't see where the "guys are for me" element pops up as a result of being attacked by a couple of girls. I'm sure it could happen - brains are strange - but I'd be confused by it as a response to this.
I was going to mention this as well... but i was a bit afraid of people freaking out at me after what might have already been an inflamitory post.
I had a suprisingly open psych teacher, we picked debate topics out of a hat, me and another classmate got "causes of homosexuality" and I got the nuture side and I still remember the stuff from it.

Noelle

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was almost positive that sexual assault/abuse/trauma as a cause of homosexuality was already tossed out of legitimacy.

Ironwolf85

I see... then again this is research from 2006... so i guess I'm outdated...
regardless of my complete screwup anyalisis, the kid's gonna have serious trauma, though we have no idea how it will develop as he grows up.

persionally I'm a bt scared of what those hackers might do to the girls, and I wish the mother handled it better, might help her son overall.

jewess

They should definitely go to the police and press criminal charges if possible. People have no idea how cruel girls can be to each other and to boys, people just ignore it. Not cool.

Wyrd

Hey Wolfy! Do you know if Anonymous has launched any sort of operation yet against these perpetrators. I'm dying to see if they do anything.
Ragtime Dandies!

Ironwolf85

Callie Del Noire

I imagine the family phone number has changed, as have any email accounts the girls own, and possibly their cell phones. As well as their parents.. The junk mail might be a bit big and I'm sure there isn't a delivery resturant that delivers to their area that hasn't had their address red flagged.   

Odds are by the time they are 20 or so this might blow over.

Braioch

-shakes head-

That mother should definitely be pressing charges, those girls need to learn that what they did was extremely wrong. (fucked up comes to mind actually >.>) I seriously cannot fathom what made them think this was funny or amusing. I too seen the censored video in a news clip when I was looking up the story and it's just sick to watch. How they could laugh while he was screaming and crying like that is past my understanding.
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Caela

What makes me sick is that because it's two girls doing this to a boy it is considered a "prank". I don't give damn about gender, this is NOT how you treat another human being! The boys mother should be pressing every charge she can and those girls should be juvenile hall and in some serious counseling. This sort of behaviour doesn't just come out of the blue.

DarkAngel

Now see if that was my son, There be fucking hell to pay.. I just wouldn't put up with the stupid shit.. Hell I take the parents of the girls to court and sue them for everything they got just to show them then need to be more of control on the two little bitches that got away with it..

Hell I hire someone in their class and make sure it was another girl and have them do the same thing to them.. and make  sure they typed Owned on the video..

Shjade

Quote from: DarkAngel on June 22, 2011, 01:09:35 PM
Hell I hire someone in their class and make sure it was another girl and have them do the same thing to them.. and make  sure they typed Owned on the video..
Because fighting fire with fire never goes badly.  ::)
◕/◕'s

OldSchoolGamer

What bothers me the most is the double standard re gender: you know if two older boys did that to a young girl they'd be looking at at least ten years of confinement and forced sodomy, followed by a lifetime as a "sex offender" pariah.  It's the American way.  Yet older girls do it to a younger boy and the system says "meh."

Shjade

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on June 23, 2011, 11:46:25 AM
What bothers me the most is the double standard re gender: you know if two older boys did that to a young girl they'd be looking at at least ten years of confinement and forced sodomy, followed by a lifetime as a "sex offender" pariah.
I doubt it. They'd likely be much more aggressively prosecuted, but they're still 8th graders - way too young for that harsh a penalty over such a minor offense. Yes, it's a humiliating assault, but the girls didn't even touch him after stripping him as far as I could see. He wasn't raped; he was publicly exposed. There's a pretty big gap between those actions.
◕/◕'s

Wolfy

Quote from: Shjade on June 23, 2011, 01:34:36 PM
I doubt it. They'd likely be much more aggressively prosecuted, but they're still 8th graders - way too young for that harsh a penalty over such a minor offense. Yes, it's a humiliating assault, but the girls didn't even touch him after stripping him as far as I could see. He wasn't raped; he was publicly exposed. There's a pretty big gap between those actions.

he probably felt violated all the same.  :-\