Something to do...in the wasteland. In-Character Post-Apocalyptic Roleplay. Open

Started by Meeka, November 08, 2011, 10:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vietatoSconosciuto

Picking his rifle from the ground he joined the doctor behind the rock, taking a peek over the rock Gregg said arrogantly ''like shooting irradiated fish in a nuclear puddle'', then pulled his rifle to aimed at one of the heads firring off a shoot the bullet flew in to the guys head letting out a mist of blood. ''yeah headshoot'' then aimed at a second guy aimed for his chest and fired off a shoot, as the bullet hit him he clenched his chest and dropped to the ground. By now the rest of the heads turned to Gregg's direction ''Oh shit'' he then drooped behindthe rock and joined the doc ''lets hope Marcus can do his thing'', then proceeded to load his rifle.

kingmaster1

Marcus watched the blood splatter and the attackers attention turn to the rock his friends were hiding behind 'Okay....NOW' Marcus thought and ran behind the cluster of rocks the gunmen hid behind. Marcus grabbed the first ones rifle from his hands and put a bullet threw his head 'one' He thought, Marcus ran to the other and dropped his sword onto the man's head splitting it in two 'two'. He saw the other three start to scramble and drop their weapons, they stumbled over each other and the rocks. "let's finish this quick" Marcus said jumping into the fumbling group, he jammed his broadsword threw one of their stomachs and twisted it, he fell to the ground dead. Marcus ran at two stood next to each other and sliced their heads off in unison, their bodies dropped and their heads rolled. Marcus put his sword down and walked towards his friends, "everyone Okay?" he asked.

Marcus watched them stand from behind the rock and dust themselves off. "wait...there were six" he counted on his fingers and heard a gunshot "GAH!" he felt the bullet drill into his back and saw the gunman start to run away. Marcus grabbed the rifle from his friend and lined up his shot "wait for it...wait for it" Marcus pulled the trigger and saw the an fall into the ground. "there we go". Blood was pouring out of Marcus' back "damn, that guy got a lucky shot" Marcus sat on the ground and took deep breaths. "doc, little help here?" Marcus waited for her, those guys were a part of Red's gang. "by the way doc, you need a gun" Marcus looked over at the pile of dead bodies "there are a good amount over there, take your pick" Marcus laughed and cringed at the pain.

FrostShifter

"Seems I'll be keeping busy." She said as she began to dig in her bag, looking for the supplies to take out the bullet. She worked swiftly, digging out the bullet and tossing it aside.  Julia taped some gauze over the wound.

She looked over at the dead bodies, knowing she needed to go through them. The thought made her slightly naueous. She took a deep breath and walked over to the bodies.

"This sucks, guys." she couldn't help but say.

She grabbed a pistol, making sure to grab all the ammo she could find. She stopped short when she caught sight of a beautiful piece of metal that seemed to call to her. She walked behind a rock, disappearing from the men's sight for a few moments. She popped back out with a sniper rifle.

"Can one of you teach me how to use this one?" she asked.

kingmaster1

Marcus winced slightly as the bullet was removed from him, "you better believe it doc, I get hurt pretty often"

Marcus nudged each of the bodies so they were facing up "these where part of Red's gang, and believe me there are more of them." Marcus watched the doctor search threw the bodies, "best get used to searching dead people doc, it's a part of life when you travel"

"that's a beauty of a rifle, I think I can show you how it works" Marcus cocked the rifle, lined it up, and shot a bullet into the heads of one of the dead bodies. "yeah it's a simple pump and shoot, just pull this back, aim, and fire" He handed the rifle back and started moving away. "that was fun and all but let's keep going".

vietatoSconosciuto

Gregg followed Marcus as he looked over the docs rifle ''Im the best sniper these wastes have ever seen, ill teach you to use that'' nudging off Marcus comment about how to use a rifle. ''well its not quite as simple as that, a rifle is a thing of beauty and  needs to to be use in a gracious manner''' looking it over once more ''them guys where carrying some nice guns, not like the gangs i usually come across in the wastes''.

FrostShifter

Julia strapped the gun to her back and the pistol to her leg, having taken the holsters from the dead men.

"Do you think anymore will be up ahead?" She pointed in the direction they were heading. "I mean, Should we proceed, slower and stealthier, or stick to the open, and run?"

She glanced over at gregg think about his foot. Then another idea hit her.

"I could scout on ahead. And if I use the scope on the rifle, I could spot other travelers."

kingmaster1

"well" Marcus said, "If I know those idiots they will watch the open road and gang up, so stealthily will be a good idea". Marcus looked over her knew equipment, "well doc, if you think you can see well enough from that thing to make a good call. You should scout" Marcus started walking again. "okay, run ahead. Me and Gregg will give you cover, if anything goes down or you see anything call me...us...me" Marcus laughed and watched the doctor run ahead.

Marcus walked with Gregg down the trail and reached into his pocket "oh good I have a few left" Marcus pulled out a cigarette and lit it. Taking a long drag, he held one up to Gregg, "you smoke?".

ileana

It was darn hot out here, nothing new, but still, it was hard getting used to. In the city in the shadow of the ruins of buildings the air had a little coolness to it. But here, there was nothing, but her little shag, a rather shaky build made from planks and pieces of metal she found in old homes, dead cars and other places people 100 years ago would not have gone even if they were forced. Nowadays it was normal, every-day life, sunshine sundays.

The hot sand flirred in the distance as she let her brown eyes wander, the fingers of her slim hand, loosely on the grip of the SG 550 rifle she stole from her last victim. It was not that she was looking (much) but trouble came her way, it always did. Blowing a strand of the brown hair out of her face she raised to her feet. Heavy looking boots digging into the sandy ground. The croaky sound of her leather jacket mixed with the soft jingle of the rifle when she strapped it on her back. Time for her round, she thought to herself, digging her feet into the sand as she walked forward, always better to have some grip.

A smirk crossed her face, as she looked down, the short skirt, a mix of leathertop and black cotton had been a nice donation from the last family inviting her into their home. She let them live, there was no reason to kill anyone, helping her. The long hair was held up with a mix of combined fabrigs, knotted so it was one long band and wrapped around the hair a few times. It looked messy, but kept the hair out of her eyes, apart from a few disobedient strangs.

The desert was quiet, it usually was. But travellers and merchants made their way through the wasteland all the time, especially since she camped between two towns, and she was curious. Staying behind the dune she squinted her eyes, spotting a little group, a woman among them, guys and.. a falcon? Shaking her head about the animal she grabbed the strap of the rifle and soved the tip into the ground leaning on the grip to bend forward, watching them. But something seemed familiar, or rather someone.

She silently laughed as she recognized him. Oh that arrogant sod, walking his head up high as if nobody could do him any harm. If he only knew that she was around, it wasn't the first time they met and both of them were still alive. That gave enough away, didn't it? Quietly she approached, taking care that they would not see her before shouldering the rifle and aiming. Not at him, that would be boring, the games they played were much more fun than to actually kill him. Last time they wandered together for weeks, but that did not mean that they did not try to have some fun during that time, how often did she wake up with the muzzle in her face or a blade at her throat, but for him it had been the same. And the verbal slugfests.. who would want to miss that just because the dead body brought some money.

Just a second later the bullet slammed down in a piece of junk, right behind that group, the sound echoing across the wasteland. She waited just a second and stood up right on the dune, the wind catching her messy hairdo and her skirt, the rifle shouldered, held with one relaxed hand.

Al waited again until the group turned to her and a smirk crossed her lips again and her amused but husky voice echoed along to the group. "If that isn't Marcus? Who would have thought that those carrion revelers would let you life that long that we meet again!"

kingmaster1

Everything had quieted down after the fight, Marcus felt himself start to relax. He puffed out the smoke from his cigarette and looked around, he saw a distinct shine from something metal near a rock. Marcus took a long drag on his smoke and kept his eyes on it, a bullet noise echoing threw the quiet air made him bite down and break his smoke in half. The voice that followed only made him tense up more. "I know that voice anywhere, Al! it's not like you to miss a shot! but it was never like you to try and hurt this beautiful face of mine".

Marcus could  see her leaning with her rifle in hand, he grabbed his friends pistol. The shot was just enough to knock her rifle out of her hands, "not like you to drop your weapon either" he said mockingly. He could see her shuffle to pick it back up and Marcus drew his sword, "how bout you come down here and face me in some hand-to-hand? I always won those fights Al." He motioned for Gregg to take cover and he stood proudly in the road,"for old times sake, whenever you tried to shoot me, you always had the gun right in my face".

ileana

Al threw her head back and laughed almost barking. Shaking her head she half walked and half slid down the sandy dune. "Still a selective memory I see." she said obviously amused as she stepped to the group, not at all worried about that sword in his hand. "You have forgotten half the encounters that I won, old friend." Though she used the last word in a mocking manner, only she and Marcus would recognize.

It was true, she was just as good as she were, that they both were still alive was the best sign for it. Standing right in front of the man she smirked and looked up into his eyes, he was maybe half a head taller, but that did not mean that he was naturally better than her. And he knew it, she was his equal. As if whoever built this blasted planet thought it would be fun to have a female version of him.

"It's almost a pleasure to see that you are still a breathing waterbag, how boring would life be without you." She still smirked, winked at Marcus and turned her eyes to the others in the group, saluting with one finger at her forehead. "Me name is Al, an old friend of that bugger here." she introduced herself.

kingmaster1

"without me you would just lose any point to fight", he said mockingly to her. "Old friend is an understatement" he said "this little fire cracker here is one of the few people who can fight me". Marcus circled her and stood behind her, "last I saw you Al, you where running away from the Carrion Revelers while I held two of their severed skulls in my hands." he chuckled, "good to see it wasn't a pointless escape".

Marcus looked over her and other than the rifle she looked more or less the same. He grabbed the other cigarette from his pocket and lit it up.

FrostShifter

Julia had startled at the gun shot, glaring in the direction of the shooter. She dusted a few small debris pieces from her shoulder, shaking her head. 

"guess I don't need to scout ahead." she mumbled. 

She ran a hand through her hair as the two friends exchanged words. 

"Julia." she nodded in introduction. 

Her hawk flew down, landing on her shoulder. He tugged at it urgently. 

"Cut it out, Archie." she whispered to the bird. 

When he didn't stop, she swatted at him. 

"what is it?" She huffed. 

Archie flew off, disappearing over a nearby hill. 

"hey, I'll be right back."

She ran off, making her way quickly over the hill. Archie was sitting on top of a rock, looking out over an expanse of desert. 

"Oh shit!" 

She ducked behind the rock, praying she hadn't been seen. Rolling over, she pulled her rifle from her back, an looked through the scope. This group was huge, not even trying to hide themselves. She placed the rifle back, making her way down the hill. 

"umm, guys?" she said once she reached her group. "I hate to interrupt the reunion but we have a situation." 

She pointed to the hill she had just been on. 

"large group of guys, who look pissed."

shojin

The robot grudgingly motored along within that large group of men. Light's from it blinked round the large ellipsoid head while it dragged supplies along the dirt with the cable tie hooked very carelessly into it's back. If only there could be a savior, somewhere, somehow! Then he spotted that girl from afar. None of the rest of the group had noticed her, but his zoomed lenses could clearly see the woman that popped up for a moment with the rifle. His programming told him to start moving in that direction, though that meant breaking the current formation of the group, which got him a swift kick in his metal plating - denting it easily. As if he didn't have enough problems - sand and dirt all caught in his servos. His treads were just about completely worn out as well.

"Curse you, foul meat-bag! I would disintegrate your flesh if it were not for this blasted lock on me!" He made sure to be as vocal as he could, because that's how he was programmed to talk. With enthusiasm and cheer. The man just shrugged off his comment while the robot waited for the girl to come rescue him. He almost just started shouting over at where she was, but thought better of it for the moment. She would save him, right?

kingmaster1

Marcus turned his back on Al, which hadn't been a smart idea anytime in the past. "a big group?" Marcus said, "how fun" he cracked his knuckles and ran to the top of the hill. He took in the large group, ten men, two women, and oddly enough a robot. "haven't seen one of those in a long time", Marcus slid back down the hill ad walked up to Al. "I got an idea sweetheart, how bout we tally the amount we can kill?", he motioned towards the hill, " like old times"

'This looks simple enough' Marcus slid down to the flat area and started slowly going towards the big mob of people. When he got close enough he looked them all over, 'at least three of them have high bounties'. He saw one unfold some paper and mumble something to the others, "you" he said "your the one on the poster". He held up the paper, a wanted poster with his name plastered on it. Marcus tipped his hat down and smirked at them, "you gonna do something about that?". Two of them held up their pistols and pointed them at Marcus, "We gonna shoot you!".

Marcus ducked down and hit them both in the stomach with the hilt of his sword, they both grunted as they hit the ground. Bullets started to fly and Marcus used the robot as a shield, the bullets flew off. "you could be useful" he said to the machine, "anytime you wanna but in here!?" he shouted to the hill.

shojin

"Danger! Danger! Plating not armoring!" The robot quickly spun it's treads, moving over the man's toe as bullets started to rip through the thin shielding. The robot certainly would not last long as a shield - and it might not even be functional now that some of the internal moving parts had been mangled by stray lead.

"TK-007 now initiating protocol HS-5! Run away!" It started to moved on the dirty quickly, and if Marcus was holding on, it would easily have dragged him along while it tried to escape the bullets. Unfortunately, TK could not move faster than the foreign objects pummeling him, so when he heard a sudden 'Psshhhhhh' One of the pneumatic arms he had fell useless to his side. On the bright side, a bullet smacked into the electronic lock they had put into it's chest, which made the bot stop in it's tracks and turn. The lights that circled his head suddenly converged in the direction of one of the men, and the still working arm raised toward him.

"TK-007 now initiating protocol BS-4. Eat energy scum!" A green laser that turned the man into a pile of dust followed. The other men quickly took cover from the robot's laser blasts. At least no one was in the open now.

ileana

Al stood up on the sandy dune she walked up to when Marcus had left the small group to check on the big one. She had been shaking her head, sure why should one ask questions first, there were many reasons for angry people passing this path and not all of them needed to be solved by killing anyone. But Marcus never had been asking questions, even if that meant that he killed someone who could have been useful. Such a fool. "Yeah just like old times.." she mumbled to herself as she watched for a moment.

Since he had started to attack the group it was no wonder that everyone faught back, they would have been bigger fools if they would have just surrendered to death. And now that they were already in a fight, the questions were not possible anymore. She would have loved to know why they were pissed like hell but yeah, whenever Marcus was around it was not possible to investigate a thing, his luck that he was not Sherlock's successor. But also since they were already fighting and since she could not ask anything anymore there was no reason to hold back, so she docked the rifle and began with carefully aimed shots into the heads of the men, no reason to see them suffer anymore than needed, even if she thought that Marcus was of different opinion. She didn't care if he did, he could have his way of fun, she could have her's.

She still stood up here, a far better view from the dune than from ground level and since Marcus went berserk down there almost nobody really paid attention to her position, as they were too busy to avoid the blade of that old sword. Just a few heads later, she furrowed her brows. Did that Robot just shoot one of the guys in that big group? His own masters?

She kept the rifle in her hand when she slid down the dune in a couple of steps, taking a load of sand with her as she approached that robot.

"Hey you." she said over the noise of the fight. "Robot, Identify yourself." That usually worked to get through whatever those were doing and have them focus on the order they got. But who knew if that worked on this one as well, in these lands nothing was impossible.

shojin

The robot all but stopped what it was doing, swiveling to face her on the plate above it's treads. The lights started to circle it's head again. In fact, the where the brain should have been in this Robobrain model was just a plate of metal now, hiding whatever was underneath it.

"ID: Tee Kay Zero Zero Seven: Personality construct.
Owner: Thomas Verdon.
Manufacturer: Verdon Designs.
Current Battery Level: 43 hours remaining.
Current Data Storage: .003% Remaining.
Current Ammunition Cache: 6% of energy cells remaining."

"Now can we please rid these men of their souls? Onward comrades!" The robot turned back to the current threat. It was certainly excited to fight, or at least that was how it spoke. It was obviously a hacked robot - there was no big shot company named Verdon Designs before all hell broke loose on the planet. That was somebody with enough tech know-how to rewrite the robot's internal code and form a new AI for it.

ileana

Al was not a programmer or digit pusher, as she called them, though she did not know why really, so for her it looked like a perfectly normal robot with an unusual programming. Whoever its owner has been before, they must have had some humor.

"Sure go ahead." she said shrugging her shoulders. "But keep your lasers and what not from my people." Not that they really were her people, but for now they were a group, so she would take care of them. Even of that arrogant type Marcus, he was too much fun to let him die.

As if someone heard her thoughts, a guy who was apparently not seen by Marcus tried the approach from behind and already raised his gun. Al shouldered her rifle and aimed, a moment later the guy dropped dead into the sand. Just a case of the right look into the right direction at the right moment, sometimes it was just a matter of luck.

kingmaster1

Marcus ducked and ran behind the crazed robot. "well, this makes my job easier", he said as the bot turned his companions to dust.  Marcus continued to stab anyone who the robot missed, when he heard a gunshot behind him he turned, surprised that any of them actually had time to fire off. 'oh' he thought 'just all shooting someone in the head', he looked over the ground, now riddled with bodies, and couldn't find any trace of his two friends "doc?" he called "Gregg?".

He couldn't see them but he was pretty sure they where safe. "well, I think the official talley is six me, five you, and five robot" he wiped his face cockily. "I guess I haven't lost my touch", Marcus turned to the robot "robot" he called "you have a name? other than TK-007?". It had been a while since Marcus was around a robot, especially one that odd. "wait did you say your creator was named Thomas Verdon?" he rubbed his head "I think I met a Thomas Verdon not too long ago".

shojin

"Negative! There were 20 in this group originally. I deleted four as a self defense tactic when they first found me." The robot didn't do it to be cocky, it just liked keeping all of it's data in perfect order. Oh, okay, maybe it did enjoy knocking him down a little, but who could tell when it's speech always sounded so enthusiastic.

"My designation is TK-007. My owner frequently used a shortened 'TK' instead to refer to me, though he was incorrect in my designated model number." The robot's light flickered a moment, powering off and then coming back online again. "Yes, my owner is Thomas Verdon. He also manufactured my individual parts and coded my artificial intelligence. If you know him, please return this robotic unit to his possession at once." Thomas was a strange fellow - possibly strange than most in the wastes. Rather than trying to live in a community, or scavenge to survive within the world, Thomas took the first opportunity he could to lock himself in a bunker and teach himself how to code, do metal work, and create bombs. Then he made robots. Many robots - and once their usefulness was over, he sent them out into the world to collect mapping data. Once their databanks were full, they were internally instructed to return to him - but unfortunately, he forgot to code how to find their way back in a few of the bots. The maps they contain were actually fairly valuable, giving that they marked everything they saw.

Those who have met Thomas are the ones who have been denied help and turned away via a monitor in front of his bunker, surrounded by a minefield.

FrostShifter

Julia shook her head as she followed the others into battle. She pulled out her pistol, honestly eager to use it for the first time.

She didn't make it far down the hill before a sharp pain bit into her abdomen. She glanced down, watching as the blood seeped from a wound a stray bullet had inflicted. Archie let out a cry for her as she went down. In her mind, she was running through all the medical information she had learned. From the placment of the wound, she knew that if she didn't get attention soon, it would be fatal.

The scenery in front of her blurred, but she didn't need vision to try and focus on putting pressure on her wound. She forced herself to roll over and lay on her hands. She hoped her body weight would be enough to stem the flow. Everything began to darken and far too soon, she blacked out.

With another cry, Archie launched over to the others, frantic for attention.

kingmaster1

Marcus' attention was drawn to the shrieking hawk that circled the doc, who was now lying on the ground. "doc!" he yelled, Marcus ran over to her and saw she was unconcious, "Gregg get over here we need to get to the next town quick it has a doctor to help our doctor" Marcus picked her up easily and started walking, "you two" he called to the robot and Al, "follow us if you want, not like you got anything better to do" he tipped his hat and went on. He wanted to make sure she made it, he could feel her breathing and tried to close the bullet wound as best he could.

vietatoSconosciuto

standing on top of the hill with his rifle aimed out east mostly unaware of what was happening below him, thought his scope he could see smoke raising from the near by town just below the hills so it couldn't be seen from the road. Hearing Marcus shout to him he looked down to see what was going on and could see Marcus picking the doc from the floor blood had stained the sand where she lay, he quickly ran down the hill to join the rest of the group picking up the docs rifle as he went. ''hey Marcus wait there something you need to see'', Gregg stopped next to Marcus out of breath ''I don't think them guys where just heading this way'' taking a deep breath ''There was smoke coming from Girderhaven'', looking up he noticed the doc ''oh shit yeah more pressing matters at hand, ill ermm go scout ahead''

ileana

Al rolled her eyes when Marcus did the headcount. It got old, he always seemed to think he was the best, oh and of course he also knew everyone just like that robot's owner. Sure what else. "If you did not notice that, Mister hot shot, if it weren't for me you could stick your six somewhere now, and you need learn math. Whatever." As nice as banter with him was, she was just as good as him, just that he would never admit that. She wondered why she always kept going with him. When the robot corrected him she laughed out loud, she liked that metal dude.

Patting the top of the robot she grinned. "I like you, TK." shouldering her rifle she took a few steps when she heard the cry of the other woman in the group. Turning around she was not at all surprised when Marcus, the hero of the day she thought eyerolling, was with her already. "You are not the boss, Marcus, cut it out." she replied to his 'offer' to come with them. "And you should focus on either walking and carrying her or closing that damned wound. You are better doing one thing good than two things half arsed." she said and walked next to him, ripping off some of the fabric of her short skirt and folded it to press it on the wound. She could walk just as fast as him and the woman, he called Doc, would not like very much if he let her die, just because he did not watch the way because he had to fumble at her wound, so she took over that part while he carried her.