Anthro/Human/Shapeshifter Fantasy Adventure Idea

Started by SammyGirl, July 14, 2015, 11:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyGirl

I haven't had much luck with group games on this forum, and I'll admit that even with one-on-ones I haven't found the right partner. My games have all just sort of died out, but I am willing to put in the effort to make a game work, so long as it's clear to me that my partner is enjoying it as well. I usually start losing interest if my partner seems to be bored, so I hope to avoid that with an interest check.

We can build this game together, that way both of us make it our own. But here are the ideas that I'm contributing:

I want to do a fantasy/adventure game with some sci-fi elements.
There would be three different races, and we would each play multiple characters, starting out with just one or two to get into the swing of things.
The three different races would be humans, anthros, and shapeshifters that appear human but can take monstrous forms.
I would love to have sexual scenes, but I'm putting plot before smut. I want to work up towards any romantic interactions.

The setting is a pristine land located in a valley at the edge of the sea. It is a kingdom full of small towns that thrive on magic-powered technology and a simple life of farming. The people are generally calm and happy, but they must occasionally defend their towns from monsters and shapeshifters. The town that we will be focused on is one of few occupied by both humans and anthros. Think of it as a modern reality but with magic tech instead of electronic tech. Weapons may include such things as elemental guns, swords, and yes, there are mages, but not the magic-wand wielding type. I think of them more as scholars with a greater understanding of magic and the elements so that they can build technology or even use raw elemental energy with their own hands.

My main character, an anthro wolf hybrid named Amon lives there, serving the people as law enforcement but secretly searching for others like him. He is an Entroph, one of very few people with the power to manipulate entropy in ways that can greatly alter reality. His main goal is to keep these powers secret and hidden from those who would want to harness it and use it for warfare.

Feel free to ask me questions if this is an idea you might be interested in pursuing. I want to hash this out as much as we can before starting, so that I'm sure that we both share the same interest. Let me know, also, if you have more ideas that you'd like to add. I've bookmarked this thread, so please reply here.

Quinz128

Hello there. I normally respond via Messages, but noting you specifically asked to post here for a response, well, here I am!

The magitech idea is one  quite like and actually have a character I'd like to adapt into it if possible, several if you don't mind me playing a list of them. I did notice, though, that this idea of yours seems to begin static: Your character lives in a relatively peaceful, technologically superior town/city, and that he keeps his own specialty a secret. I am guessing this may wish to be developed into a 'hero's call' or 'renegade' type game where someone learns what he can do, and people want him for it. Either as a savior (Maybe some bogus 'prophecy'?) or just as a weapon. Or maybe reverse it and some see this entromancy as a sign of evil and try to run him off?

Either way, I definitely can see us having a prologue-type thing going on with someone becoming his friend, or even making a previous friend that causes them to leave the city and see the rest of the world for as backwards as it - comparatively - is. I like the idea of this being kind of J-RPG-like in set-up, I like the idea of playing multiple characters, always have, so if you don't mind a party of shapeshifters, humans, anthros (maybe 'monsters'?) I'd love it. Of course GM responsibilities can swap if we think of progression or side stories as we go with Amon as the main character choosing - ultimately - how to progress.

Sorry if it sounds a bit disjointed, but I quite like adventure stories and found they can be difficultto get off the ground.

SammyGirl

Thank you so much for actually reading my request. x3 >>;

You passed the test. I'm PMing you xD