▸▸ℍeavy Metal Magellan◂◂ free-form, original mech roleplay (full)

Started by Saria, September 16, 2015, 10:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giantmutantcrab

...I'm a little confused, to be honest.

Would it be all right with you if we simplified this down?  4-minute capacity of continuous use, needs 15 minute to charge a minute of use?  If all 4 minutes are used in a row, locked 60-minute recharge?

King Serperior

My apologies.  I tend to sometimes over-analyze things like this.  >.>

So, let's simplify things:

Energy Garrott has four energy cells, two in each handle.  Four minutes of use max, 1 minute per cell.  Cells cannot be charged individually and activating the recharge program means the Garrott cannot be used for 60 minutes.  Because cells cannot be charged individually, energy efficiency decreases with each drained cell until the energy output can be evened out, so each cell drains just slightly faster than the previous one unless the Garrott is given a 15 minute recycle period that allows the remaining cells to adjust to the energy output needed.

Does that make sense?  Or am I making everyone confused?  >_>

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

I don't see the storytelling benefit of making this so complicated.

King Serperior

Quote from: Karma on September 28, 2015, 03:57:48 PM
I don't see the storytelling benefit of making this so complicated.
True.  I just overcomplicate things like that.  Just feel free to toss that idea aside, GMC, and stick with the 4 minute power limit and 60 minute recharge.

Sorry for all of that!   :-[

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Saria

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on September 28, 2015, 07:26:29 AM
Saria, now that the Scimitar is approved, may I humbly request a blurb on the front page to show how cool my character is, too?
Ah, honestly, I've been holding off doing anything to that post because we might be creating a whole new thread.
Saria is no longer on Elliquiy, and no longer available for games

Giantmutantcrab

;_;

oh ok.

v.v

No problem

-______________-

Seriously, it's all good in the hood.

*lower lip trembles*

akirakaneda

Ok, edited again and changes done.

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on September 28, 2015, 07:26:29 AM
I think Saigo and Suki could be natural allies with Elijah. Which is great :)

yeah I think so too, they are very similar, Asian mercenaries since very young

Quote from: King Serperior on September 28, 2015, 11:01:42 AM
Alrighty then, let's take a look at this:
Okay, Saigo looks good.
Okay, Suki looks good too.  I do hope her need for those drugs doesn't cause too many problems as I doubt that dosage will last for even half the journey.

Thanks, for a minute I felt that Suki was an anime cliche

Quote from: King Serperior on September 28, 2015, 11:01:42 AM
Perhaps just call it 'Strategic Repulsers' instead and remove the 'Propellers?'  The propellers make it sound like a plane.  Other than that, I like it.

Well about that I decided to leave it as "strategic propulsors and repulsors" just to establish that the propulsors take the mecha forward and the repulsors can take it backwards. A bit awkward, but hope you don't mind.

King Serperior

Okay, well, Saria did the right thing, kicking me in the rear so I can see that waiting on our last player is doing more harm than good.  So, if everyone is satisfied with their characters, mechs, and the other character sheets, I guess we're ready to begin.  I know you all have been frustrated at my slowness regarding this amazing game with awesome writers, but I believe we're ready to get this trek going!

So, to recap, our lineup is:

1 Stealthy, ninja-mech
1 Highly adaptable, but somewhat limited speedster
1 Electronic goldmine of a mech that's frailer than it looks
1 very adaptable, but extremely underarmed mech
1 Battle Armor that looks weaker than it actually is
1 Massive fortress of a mech
1 Powerful, yet experimental speedster mech
1 Deadly mech piloted my a merc

I think this dysfunctional group of mechs should do decently well, no?   XD

EDIT:  We're at least ready to create an OOC and get the IC worked out.  May not be ready to start a posting parade, but we're pretty darn close!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Ralhend

I'll need to find weapons as quickly as possible to put in that thing, as well as more medicine along the way...   This ought to be interesting.
Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

Giantmutantcrab

The Scimitar ia gonna suck in a parade.

Even if he's in front, he's invisible. :). For a couple of minutes, anyway.

--------

So is there any kind of timetable on how the OOC and IC and such are going to be set up?

King Serperior

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on September 29, 2015, 06:47:19 AM
So is there any kind of timetable on how the OOC and IC and such are going to be set up?
Saria and I are working on it.  She's offline as of this post, but we're hoping to at least get the OOC up soon.  We're getting some formatting down so everything looks neat and sparkly, not unlike a freshly polished mech fresh off the line.  :)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Saria

Ah, Saria's a busy bee!

Serpy, all character profiles are ready, and about a third of the mech profiles - those will be finished tonight.

Giantmutantcrab

Thank you for all your hard work, Saria.

I would offer you a rose, but as a crab...  Please accept this seaweed!  :)

Saria

King Serperior

The day has finally come, everyone!

The OOC is now open!  Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times.  Thank you all so much for your patience!  We hope to have the IC thread open soon enough.

*Grabs some seaweed and offers to trade some cupcakes for it*  Thanks, GMC!  I'll use this as a celebration banner for the OOC's opening!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Giantmutantcrab

Ralhend

Hey folks, I am likewise still here.  I just recovered my main system from a massive hardware failure.  Everything SEEMS to be working alright...

I see the IC thread, and I am brainstorming now...
Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

Giantmutantcrab

Glad you're still with us, Ralhend!

Although if your prototype hard-drive thingy is crashing NOW, that does not bode well for your mech!  :P

King Serperior

It's good to hear that you are still around, Ralhend!  By the way, the OOC is also located here:
Quote from: King Serperior on September 30, 2015, 03:47:13 PM
The OOC is now open!  Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times.  Thank you all so much for your patience!  We hope to have the IC thread open soon enough.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace