Keyboard Help.

Started by Blythe, August 17, 2013, 01:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

So it looks like my keyboard is messed up. I cleaned it and discovered the space key is broken. I'm using Windows 8; is it possible to hotkey another key on my keyboard do to the spacebar's job? I can't seem to figure out how to do that on here, if it's doable.

Thank you to any reading. ^^

EDIT:
Quote from: Oniya on August 17, 2013, 03:08:38 PM
http://download.cnet.com/Free-Virtual-Keyboard/3000-18514_4-10920313.html

It's a computer application that lets you click on the screen instead of typing on the physical keyboard.

This did the trick until I can buy a replacement key!

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Oreo

Not sure if it would work. But you might be able to use a virtual keyboard. You could left click the virtual space instead of hitting the space bar. Another possible option is to get a portable keypad and plug it into your usb.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Blythe

Quote from: Saffron on August 17, 2013, 01:31:43 PM
Add a Keyboard Layout to Windows 8

That should get you on your way. :-)

I can't actually find in there where it will let me change just the input key for the spacebar.  :-\

Quote from: Oreo on August 17, 2013, 01:38:15 PM
Not sure if it would work. But you might be able to use a virtual keyboard. You could left click the virtual space instead of hitting the space bar. Another possible option is to get a portable keypad and plug it into your usb.

Virtual keyboard?  ??? I have no idea what that is.

I can't get a portable keypad, though. I haz no money.  :-(

Peripherie

Until you find a fix, I guess you could copy a single space between words and then press CTRL V every time you want to make a space. That is not really an easy/convenient fix but it will do the job until you find a better solution.

I hope you get it resolved soon!
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Blythe

Huh; I hadn't thought of that. I'll try that out. Thank you!

Oniya

Quote from: Blythe on August 17, 2013, 01:56:33 PM
Virtual keyboard?  ??? I have no idea what that is.

http://download.cnet.com/Free-Virtual-Keyboard/3000-18514_4-10920313.html

It's a computer application that lets you click on the screen instead of typing on the physical keyboard.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Blythe

Holy moly. That might be perfect.

Thank you, Saffron, Oreo, Peripherie, and Oniya! <3

Oreo

You're welcome. Thank you for putting up the link Oniya. ;D I hope the virtual works for you Blythe. I use it for my desktop so I can type from bed to the BIG tv.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin