Main Menu

What do you hoard?

Started by Ket, February 22, 2018, 10:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ket

all images from iguanamouth

images are clickable thumbnails to save load time

What do you hoard?

she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Beguile's Mistress

Me?  Every single PM I've sent or received since I started here. :-)

Blythe

Tabletop rpgs.

So. Many. Tabletop. RPGs.

gaggedLouise

Books and dvd's. My parents are the same, with books anyway. :)

Also, I agree with BeMi - I soon stopped removing any old pm's and went for keeping everything I've received or sent here.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Cryptic

Oh lord, books, yes lots of books and apparently I have a lot of fuzzy stuff too... fuzzy pillows, pants, shirts, shorts, blankets. You get the picture LOL
What Makes A Cryp-Tic (O/Os)
"All men were made by the Great Spirit Chief. They are all brothers." ~Chief Joseph
Cryptic's Little Shop Of Mysteries (Requests)NOT CURRENTLY LOOKING
"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
A/A's
“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” ~Mother Teresa

Aiden

gaggedLouise

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

RedRose

Perfumes, make up, beauty stuff. I tell myself I need it ALLLLL for my blog or that maybe one day I'll model for money or something. Riiiight.
Books, though I now sell those I don't keep. Those that don't go for a nice price are donated to poor areas.
Shoes. I'm crazy. I did sell/donate half of my collection during my last move, still invaded by shoes.
Foodie experiences, traveled countries, Pokémon Go's, foreign coins, postcards, foreign mugs... though nowhere near ^^
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

The Green One

Books and comics, games (both digital and physical versions + the collector's edition if it exists), action figures from games, comics, movies and anime, vinyls from my favorite bands.

It think that's it...

Edit:

I knew I was missing something... D&D dices! I have tons of them and I love them all, they're all unique.

Not available for new stories

yobo

I do hoard my PMs on here as well. Other than that I tend to hoard books/comics and anything related to postage stamps. And I'm starting to hoard the good old CD. I do give away books I've read and have no interest in keeping, but the books are coming in faster than they are going out. The same goes for stamps, I plan on selling them or giving them away, but I just keep adding to the pile of stamps. Oh well, at least I'm having fun doing it. :-)

Nico

Jag

Yarn and books.

One of my friends actually sent me the dragon with the yarn one the other day. She said "I thought you didn't like your picture being taken". >.<
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Endorphin

Tools, games, sporting goods, adult accessories...
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

Ket

Quote from: Jag on February 26, 2018, 06:31:48 PM
Yarn and books.

One of my friends actually sent me the dragon with the yarn one the other day. She said "I thought you didn't like your picture being taken". >.<

When I saw the image, you were there the first person who popped into my mind!
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

ZephyrInk

Books definitely.. =) and stationery >.>

Thorne

Books. Crafting supplies. Miniatures.
It is my eventual intent to have interior walls liberally lined with built-in book cases.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

VirtualDaydreamer

Quote from: Aiden on February 23, 2018, 06:26:37 AM
Steam games I don't play

Humble Bundle and holiday sales are the enemies of my wallet.

I also horde books. Have I read all them? Goodness  no! But I MIGHT want to read them someday. OH, it's another book I don't have, I must get it! *chucks it on the pile with the others*

Baphomett

Quote from: Aiden on February 23, 2018, 06:26:37 AM
Steam games I don't play

Yep, I can relate to that, Humble Bundle never helps.

Sain

Digital art. I have crazy large galleries collected on about every art sharing website I could find.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Gummi

Manga, Harvest Moon and Fire Emblem games, nendoroid's and Kpop CD's.

I also hoard some Zelda and Mario games occasionally as well, but usually when I go to the store to get them, I buy bundles so I try to hold off on those.

Chanticleer

Books (~4.5 tons the last time I moved) and unpainted gaming miniatures (less than forty pounds. I hope.).
My current O/os (need work)

AmberStarfire

Fonts (I had to remove some recently because I think the sheer quantity was slowing down my computer), and design resources like clipart, backgrounds, stock art and Photoshop add-ons. I'm doing a lot of graphic design work lately, so some are necessary (and I will need to buy more), but there's so much out there that's free, cheap or comes in bundles that it's easy to accumulate a lot you won't use. The problem is you don't always know what you're going to need and what's just going to sit there taking up room. Some of the download sizes are huge and they quickly add up. I should go through my computer sometime soon and weed out the art that isn't very good, as well as ZIP files where I've already unzipped the files.

Notebooks and stationery - I have a thing for stationery (it's known), but I don't have a lot of it just sitting unused anymore. I've used up a lot of the stuff I had, or it's being put to use currently, so I no longer have an unused hoard.

Shower gels and soaps - This used to be a thing. I had so many, but I've used a lot of them up. I think I only have two unopened bottles now - one that I got as a freebie from the Body Shop and one I bought because it was more or less half price at the supermarket. I just have a few solid soaps as well. I'm still set for a while, but I don't have a lot of them. It's the same with moisturisers, but I don't have any unopened right now (with the exception of one set in a box I haven't got to yet).

Jewellery making supplies - my hoard's not as big as it used to be, but I have it tidily put away and not strewn over the place now  ;D, so it seems smaller. I was making jewellery for a while and still can (I still advertise stuff I've already made), but it's not selling on Etsy, so I've stopped making it for the time being and I've been focusing on more profitable work/hobbies. I still have a lot of supplies to make more.

DVDs - I've been buying up DVDs recently and watching lots of things with Wyld. I currently have at least 11 boxed sets sitting on my desk (plus some individual DVDs) because we've been busy with the watching and I've watched most of those now. I'm not sure where to put them to put them away, so I have them piled up. I'm going to see what I can do to find a spot for them though.

Captain Maltese

On E: PMs. The first few years I kept trying to delete stuff I thought I would not need again but after the PM system was upgraded there was no point any more.

I don't really like to call myself a hoarder. It creates visions of heaps of trash. I have vast amounts of stuff but my collections are to a large part catalogized, sorted and archived on shelves in lidded boxes. The one item I intentionally do not keep sorted is my coin collection. Most numismatics put them in neat little plastic envelopes in albums. I keep mine in a big wooden chest so I can comb my fingers through them and pretend I am looking at a treasure.

The item I collected the most actively are DVD movies. They are covering a wall of my living room plus a nearby wooden chest and keep threatening to pass 1000 titles. I have them all registered in an online database. I also have rather a lot of fiction and nonfiction books and some comic books but after my eyes started to deteriorate I am not the paper reader I used to be.

Other things I collect are swords, knives, axes, guns, old tools, medical equipment, hunting steel traps, all sorts of militaria from uniform buttons to uniforms to helmets to jerry cans, costumes, full size and miniature steins, binoculars and compasses and navigational aids of all types, old hats, cameras, sail ship models and pictures, flasks and decanters, lanterns, antique glass panels, leather boots, old chests, horse tack, smoking pipes and other smoking related stuff, shaving gear, paintings... there is even a stamp collection from back when I was a kid. Give it a couple of hundred years and it will be worth something. Maybe.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

AutumnFury

Ugh, I try not to think about all the things I hoard.

Owl things. Cups at this point, mainly. But if I find things with owls on them, they're all fair game.
Local cookbooks. Or, cookbooks in general if I'm on some sort of baking tangent. It's all about the sourdough right now.
Alexander Keith mugs. (Again with the kitchenware) My husband keeps breaking them, so I keep buying them.
Books. I love series where there's more than 5 books. (So, LKH. Never ending with her.)
Makeup. I have no idea why, it's not like I ever get the chance to wear it.
"You may be the King, but watch the Queen conquer."

Open to:
Random PMs. Feel like chit chatting? Go ahead and message, if you dare.

MisledBloodshed

Knives, nerf guns, swords, etc

basically any 'weapon' real or not that i can get my paws on - the more ridiculously unwieldly/impractical the better, though - got a katana-like sword that's nearly as tall as me and it is the best i can barely even open it

don't really have them for any reason other than to have them and look at them but there you go

oh, also people that i like - closely guarded treasures those are

Oh and literally every picture of the moon i find.

Edit: I forgot memes. How could I forget memes.