[Suggestion] Link to "Advanced search" beside or below the search box

Started by TwoHundredTabs, June 02, 2014, 06:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoHundredTabs

Sometimes I want to search in boards that are in different sub-forums, and doing so seems to require that I either (A) perform a search in a board I have selected to not be searchable in my preferences, or (B) remember that I bookmarked (via my browser) the "Advanced Search" page.

Advanced Search
[tr]   [td]
.............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td].............................................  [/td]   [/tr]   [tr]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td]
Hover over a link to see a description
[/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [/tr][tr]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [/tr][/table]

Cycle

The "advance search" is there, on the left, next to Home, between Help and Profile.

TwoHundredTabs

Quote from: Cycle on June 02, 2014, 08:13:26 PM
The "advance search" is there, on the left, next to Home, between Help and Search.

So it is! Thanks!

I still think it would be good to rename that to "Advanced Search" in order to distinguish it from the search box - which only searches the sub-forum you're currently in.
[tr]   [td]
.............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td].............................................  [/td]   [/tr]   [tr]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td]
[/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [/tr][tr]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [/tr][/table]

Oreo

The list is kept to a minimum amount of words so they don't extend beyond the site width. If that makes sense. There are other functions that are not visible to members that extend the list as well.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

TwoHundredTabs

Quote from: Oreo on June 02, 2014, 09:12:54 PM
The list is kept to a minimum amount of words so they don't extend beyond the site width. If that makes sense. There are other functions that are not visible to members that extend the list as well.

It does. I wasn't thinking about the bar being limited length-wise for the sake of small resolutions.
[tr]   [td]