In a World of Vampires. (Open to all)

Started by Katrina, July 26, 2010, 09:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunnuck

"Ah, I see." he said with a laugh. "This is Megan." he said, gesturing toward his friend. "And this is...shit, I never got your name, mate." He said to the wind man.

Kraven Trollsbane

"my name is Kazuma, Kazuma Yagami. pleasure to meet you." i replied more to the human girl than to chris
 A&A

Katrina

Megan watched the two men with her and chuckled lightly to herself.  She downed the shot and coughed a bit from its strength and almost growled.  COuld have warned me it was strong she thought to herself.

Ink Slinger

"Kayleigh" She smiled brightly.  "Kayleigh McBride.  Pleasure to meet you all.  Sorry if I interrupted y'all.  I won't be here long."  She looked at them each in turn and had to wonder how they each ended up there together.  They all seemed so different, but then, it took all kinds to make up a world.  She did a mental shrug and downed the new shot of whiskey that stood in front of her.
Ons and Offs                   A/A                         Cravings  
not considering new RPs. Erratic response time

Katrina

Megan nodded to her.

"You didn't interrupt anything.  We were just chatting.

Dunnuck

"Yup." Chris agreed. He checked his phone again, sending another text. He received another, the sender being the same who is getting a hold of the car. 'Sabbats inbound.' It read. "Fuck." He said, grabbing his shotgun and standing. "Got some trouble coming. I'm going to lead them a little ways away from here. Like Darien said, it's bad for business." he said with a wink. He slung the shotgun over his shoulder, placing a securing hand on the desert eagle in it's holster towards his backside. He turned to Megan and Yagami. "Either of you up for it?" he asked.

Katrina

Megan pulled out her gun and frowned.  "I got three shots left and I'm out of ammo."

Ink Slinger

Kayleigh's eyes went huge as saucers.  What the hell did I stumble into? She thought.  Fear shot through her, cold and slithering, it settled in her belly.  How she had missed the shotgun coming in she was entirely unsure.

"I'm gonna need another." She signaled the bartender. 

Katrina

Megan hissed softly as she smelled the girl's fear and she gazed to her.  "Stay here...don't try to leave just yet. Right here is the safest place you could be at the moment."

Ink Slinger

She actually laughed at that.  "Well I certainly wasn't planning on heading the same direction as the guns..."

Dunnuck

Chris grabbed his Desert Eagle from his back holster and tossed it to Megan. "Do be careful with it, Darling. It's precious to me." He said with a smile.

Katrina

Megan smirked a bit and picked up the desert eagle and moved to follow.

Dunnuck

Kraven Trollsbane

i shook my head when chris offered his gun i didnt need bullets. i looked to the new girl, Kayleigh was it, then back to Megan, and Chris. " do you two need my help, or should i stay and protect her" i gestured at Kayleigh "and the bar"
 A&A

Ink Slinger

"What the hell is going on?" She looked at the three of them, confused and scared.  "Or do I even want to know?"

Dunnuck

"I think it would be safer if you understood." Chris told her. He stretched out a wide smile, showing his teeth briefly. He looked to Megan. "Come on." He said. "Protect the girl, Yagami." He said, heading out of the door. "Don't let anything here get messed up!" He called out, heading outside.

Kraven Trollsbane

"you got it boss." i yelled at him sarcastically as he and Megan ran out the door. "i'll explain anything you want to know." i offered to Kayleigh.
 A&A

Dunnuck

Chris led Megan outside and pulled out his phone, looking at the GPS. "This way!" He said, running down the street left, then taking a right. "Ok we will have to make do with what we have...take cover behind that bus stop." He said, pointing. "Im going to be over here near the trash can. I know it isn't the best cover, but it will do." He said, heading to the opposite side of the street as Megan. He ducked behind the trashcan and waited. He looked at his GPS, watching the blue dots that represented the Sabbat. There were four, indicating four vehicles. Chris readied himself as he seen the headlights. Then he recieved another text message.

'Do not engage' it said. Chris knew by now not to question. "Stay down! Do not shoot!" He called out to her.

Starlequin

~Madrid, 1764~

Leonardo de Brentzio awoke as the last rays of sunlight were fading from the day. One of Lady Veldana's servants waited patiently near the door, offering from a small platter a hot towel and a glass of thick, dark liquid. Leonardo accepted both cheerfully, washed his face and quickly gulped down his breakfast. It was a strange life to acclimate to, this undeath, and he often longed to return home to his native Venice, but he found a dark pride in the speed of his adjustment. His sire, Lady Veldana Deschaine, had Embraced him only weeks before, and there was much she had yet to teach him. But she was often quick to praise him for his progress, and he wasted little time in learning all he could about his new condition.

As Leonardo dressed for the evening, a knock at the door heralded a visit from the Lady of the house. He was quickly shedding his mortal propensity for modesty, but despite his lessons he still lost to the urge to cover his knickers before she entered. The habits of a lifetime, he was all too aware, were not so easily broken. He had barely managed to wrap himself in one of the blankets when Lady Veldana walked in. She could not help but laugh at the sight of him, his hair tousled from sleep, a droplet of blood still lingering at his lips, and clutching at the blanket as though he were a naughty child caught by his governess. He was certain he would have blushed, had he still been capable of it, and found himself laughing along with her. His fingers relinquished their grip on the smooth satin, and he forced himself at ease in her presence despite his state of undress. With a wave she signaled him to continue dressing as she went to the windows, opening the shutters and letting in the first glimmers of the evening moon.

When he was dressed, she motioned him to follow her and led him downstairs into her private library. He groaned inwardly, anticipating yet another night of reading. In his mortal life, he could never have imagined himself growing sick of study, but after almost a month of nothing but sleeping and reading, he was feeling quite restless.

"Theory first, my Childe. Then practice," Lady Veldana had told him each time he expressed his desire to leave the manor. Leonardo knew she was right, of course; it was a deeply complex, dangerous world she had brought him into, and he would have been a fool to try and navigate it on his own. He was still merely a fledgling, but he had attended enough courts with his sire to know that his situation was quite fortunate. Many young Kindred were never so thoroughly educated in the ways of their Clans, and were forced to learn through trial and error. And as he knew even from his mortal life, mistakes could prove fatal far too easily.

So the night passed, as so many before it and countless after, in quiet study and contemplation. Every few hours a servant or maid would appear in the library with a chalice of fresh vitae, allowing him to focus his full attention on the books and scrolls before him. And oh, such wondrous tomes there were to explore! Detailed histories of each of the Clans and their bloodlines, accountings of wars and treaties and coup d'etats that he had never imagined or suspected as a mortal, memoirs and biographies that shed new light on tales of history that he'd once taken at face value. Textbooks from scholars and philosophers both renowned and unknown, detailing fascinating new branches of science and mathematics. Entire volumes of poetry, plays, and prose from some of the most celebrated authors in existence, some presumed lost or completely unknown to the world at large. Leonardo burned through them all voraciously, committing so much to memory that at times he felt his head would simply burst.

And then there were the texts of his own Clan, the House of Tremere. The legends of the primogenitor Tremere and the beginnings of his namesaked bloodline, the treacheries committed against the Salubri and the Tzimisce, the creation and refinement of the Clan's blood magic, Thaumaturgy, and its rise to prominence within the folds of the Camarilla. All of it fascinated Leonardo, but at the same time, it filled him with a deep sense of distrust of his own Clan and with Kindred politics in general. He once mentioned his feelings on the matter to Lady Veldana, and she had merely smiled and nodded slyly. "Your distrust merely proves what I already knew, my Childe: that your wisdom is well beyond your experience, and your potential is beyond my scope..."

~New York, Present Day~

Leon was jarred awake by the slamming of the front door. He craned his hearing throughout the apartment and confirmed what he suspected: that Neko had gone out again. He shrugged, shifted in his chair and licked his chapped lips, and drifted back to sleep.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Dunnuck

-Venice, Italy 1700s-

Cruor Perussi was now dead. At least thats what the world thought. The vampire was still alive and leading a comfortable life under the name of David. David's sense for art was beyond measure; time and time again he found himself lost in the strokes of paintings or the words of literature. Several friends who had long since passed were going to be revered as masters of the art, this he knew.

The city was art in itself, the architecture of the buildings elegant and demanding of attention. Looking so young allowed him to train under others, expanding his knowledge and satisfying his thirst for it. Since Cruor Perussi was assumed dead, he could take on the role of the new vampire in need of training. His skill at deception was wonderful and useful in nearly amy situation. Deception was an art. And David was a master.

He met many of different clans and his knowledge of their history constantl expanded, his curiosity knowing no end. Libraries, art galleries, plays, songs, poems, history books, tomes, old scrolss; everything was open to him. He didn't truly dislike anything. Being so old meant he needed to be able to enjoy himself. And the people, oh the people. Even having been around for so long, he never tired of hearing people's stories. He never tired of helping people when they needed assistance, or listen when they needed to vent. Venice was where he spent a large portion of his time. He constantly revisted, usually under a changed appearance. Different colored hair, slight alterations to his facial structure with some minor magic he picked up. And he always maintained a certain level of detatchment, knowing that all these people would die one day.

David's friend was in some clan, though which did not matter. "Genzo!" David greeted in Italian with open arms, embracing his friend with a few strong pats on the back. "It is good to see you! What brings you too my home tonight?" He asked. "Information, David. A job. You need to assassinate..."

Katrina

Megan stayed down behind the bus stop but gave a thumbs up sign to Chris that she got the message.  She sighed.  All she wanted to do was lay low and not draw unnecessary attention to herself.  Joining in a fight against her one time sect was going to do just that...draw attention.

Ink Slinger

Quote from: Kraven Trollsbane on July 28, 2010, 11:30:15 PM
"you got it boss." i yelled at him sarcastically as he and Megan ran out the door. "i'll explain anything you want to know." i offered to Kayleigh.

Kayleigh turned to him on her stool and considered.  It was the first time she really looked at him and it struck her he was a bit handsome.  Before settling on a question to ask she downed her third whiskey and a rosy flush rose to her cheeks.  The whiskey was doing exactly what she wanted, slowing down her whirling mind and relaxing her mood. 

"What on earth have I managed to walk into?" She managed to ask in a quiet tone.

Kraven Trollsbane

Kayleigh asked a broad question so i gave her the gist of things. i explained that this was a bar full of vampires, that i was an element user, that bad vamps were after my new friends there, and that i thought she was pretty. that last part was do distract her mind and help keep her calm.

"now that you know, what will you do?" i asked
 A&A

Ink Slinger

Get very, very drunk. Was her first response, but she still had enough of a filter to not let it past her lips.  Thoughts rolled around she watched him to see if he were joking, and apparently, he wasn't.  Or he was one hell of a liar. 

"I make it through this, and I don't think I'll be back in here..." She looked around now, nervous.  "And thanks for the compliment you slipped in there at the end." She took a few slow, measured breaths fighting down the urge to just bolt.  When came to fight or flight, she preferred to run like hell. 

Dunnuck

The cars roared past, the young Sabbat hooting and hollering along the way. Chris shook his head. Once the coast was clear, he stepped out with the shotgun. "Geez." He said with a sigh. "I thought things were about to get serious." A charming, light-hearted smile sprwad across his handsome face. "Lets head back to the bar. The Cobra should be there soon." He told her. They made their way back to the bar and Chris took a seat next to the human girl. "I see Windy informed you." He said to her.

His brown hair was tied back into a ponytail, a few strans loose in front of his sharp handsome face that housed two green eyes. Hia face had more color than a typical vampire and he had facial hair that cleanly lined his jaw line.

The suit hung on slightly broad shoulders and wrapped around muscles that were thick but not overly large, built in a way to maintain his speed.

Edit: added a character description :p