Stranded! - Interest Check

Started by Zephyrys, February 06, 2008, 12:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrys

A half-dozen or more find themselves on a spaceship that secretly smuggles those who wish to remain 'off the record', so to speak, to their destination.  Perhaps they are a person of fame seeking anonymous transport...  perhaps they are a bit more infamous... perhaps it was the only way they could afford to leave their planet... or perhaps the only way they could get off planet for their social caste period.  They are regulated into darkened holds, hastily and sloppily made into quarters, waiting for their deliverance to their promised land...  but the captain takes one too many chances.  The occupants find the ship rocking from severe weapons fire, though they themselves are not allowed to leave their holds to find what is going on, they can hear shouting above decks... and then they are thrown violently against the walls as something crashes into the ship....  and then blackness.  Is this the end...?   Or perhaps just the beginning?

Soon, they will find themselves crashed on a deserted tropical island, with no sign of civilization in site.  Strange noises can be heard in the distance...  most sound animal-like, but one cannot help attribute some to darker possibilities....

Will the highly unlikely band of misfits brave the dangers of this new world and make it into their own paradise?  Will they find a way to get off this rock?  Or will they succumb to someone... or something... else's other plans for them?

=========================

Synopsis:  Science Fiction game where the ship you're riding on is forced to crash-land on a jungle island.  Wacky survival hijinx ensues!

Tones:  The game will focus a lot on daily survival and exploration of the island.  The game itself is rather open-ended - one can focus on carving out a niche for themselves in a new life, but it is also entirely possible to escape the island.  It's all up to the players' and the group's overall (dys)functionality.  ;p

Content:  I'm going to flag this game as a Non-Consentual game from the getgo, because the prospect is entirely possible.  However, I'm leaving how far everything goes up to my potential players... it can be anywhere from Normal (the only perverted individuals on the island are humanoids (including feral animalgirls/guys) conspiring against the party and, of course, the party themselves) to Exotic (allows for the possibility of Furry-type aliens for PCs/NPCs, allows perverted monster-like creatures in the wilds).  When you are stating interest, I'd also like to hear what you would want to see out of the game and/or what you'd be willing to deal with.  I will take everyone's viewpoint under consideration, and can hopefully come up with a content level all players can be happy with. :)

=============

So, who wants?
Always smile.  People will wonder what you're up to.  =)

Serenity Vixen

Are there cat-girls?  *Bounces in excitement*
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Zephyrys

I guarantee it!

I even just added feral catgirls to the possibilities of the 'normal' wildlife.  ^^

Serenity Vixen

Oh!!  Can I be a native catgirl who somehow gets involved with the surviving crew?
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Zephyrys

There would be some stipulations, but that would be viable.  :)

Captain Maltese

I'm not familiar with the 3+ player games, but I love the setting and may well want to join.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Elvi

Sounds good.

A couple of points though.

First, I assume the game is freeform?

Second, can you explain why a space ship and then a dessert island.
Would the survivers have technology, weapons, the remains of the ship?

Third, who will be playing the 'antagonists' (those already on the island)?

It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

kasen03

This does sound very intriguing.  I've had bad experiences with the group games in the past, but this is now on my watch list.. and mmm.. possibly tossing my hat into the ring.

I love the stranded type theme.. and just finished playing through Sims Castaways :)  Bang those rocks together.

Elvi

Yeah it has to be a good group for a multi player to work Kasen...

Sabby

Ooh! Ooh! I call a spot! Can I play? :)

Zephyrys

Quote from: Elvi on February 07, 2008, 06:20:23 AM
First, I assume the game is freeform?
I'm considering adapting an ultra-light system that would merely give me a basis for deciding success or failure for more complicated tasks.  Once point distribution to four basic stats are complete, the entire thing would be GM-level, so it would be virtually identical to freeform.  Also, for exploration, a grid map will be used to signify which areas were explored and for things like travel time.

Second, can you explain why a space ship and then a dessert island.
Would the survivers have technology, weapons, the remains of the ship?
The ship will still be relatively intact from the crash, and will offer shelter and some basic luxuries and supplies to start out with.  Many of the resources will deplete shortly into the game.  The main appeal of Sci Fi-to-Survival is the addition of non-human races to the mix and the idea of putting people in a situation of high technology to a situation of virtually none.

Third, who will be playing the 'antagonists' (those already on the island)?
Those will be entirely ran as NPCs unless there is huge demand for people to play them.

Elvi

So there'll be supplies but no technology?
(Sort of all systems down, no power/light/heat type thing?)
What about weapons?

I think I 'might' be able to stagger through rules light....*smiles*

Zephyrys

Quote from: Elvi on February 07, 2008, 09:13:42 AM
So there'll be supplies but no technology?
(Sort of all systems down, no power/light/heat type thing?)
The ship will have a few day's worth of emergency power, which allows for low lighting and running water, but after the time is up, that's it.  Subject to change if people would rather be thrown into the dark from the getgo.  :)

QuoteWhat about weapons?
Weapons would be non-existent save for any the PCs brought with them and the captain's pistol.  In addition, powered weapons will probably run out of cells shortly, and ballistic weapons will run out of ammunition.

QuoteI think I 'might' be able to stagger through rules light....*smiles*
:)  You'll probably forget the stats are there.

Sabby

I can see this having a paranoia aspect to it... Captain has the only pistol, Captain makes too many unpopular decisions... pretty clear where such a situation is headed >.>

Elvi

All the characters are 'human'....are there other races allowed?

Captain Maltese

If this is practically freeform I think I'm in.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

schnookums

Dammit...this one sounds way too much fun...I'm in so many games though...but I want to play too, hrm..

Zephyrys

Quote from: Elvi on February 07, 2008, 09:31:21 AM
All the characters are 'human'....are there other races allowed?
Correct.  Non-human Humanoid races are always allowed.  If the game is exotic, then non-humanoid races would also be allowed.  I would poise the question to the prospective players as to whether they would want the game normal or exotic, and would talk to the players, if we go exotic, about how far to take everything.  Hopefully, we'll figure out something everyone will like.

Elvi

*nods*

OK...I'll give it a go....

Zephyrys

If schnookums and kasen03 sign all the way into the idea, I think that'll be enough players for me.

Sabby

Zephyrys

schnookums

Well, if me joining will get this going then count me in fully then!

Zephyrys

So the players interested are as follows, to my current understanding...
CptCalico
Elvi
Sabbat
schnookums
Serenity Vixen

We're currently pending on:
kasen03

I'll give him a day or two to respond, and then the details will be passed out through Personal Messages.

Serenity Vixen

Awesome!!   I vote Exotic!!
I bet that was a surprise to everyone

*Meow!!*