Mapping Eden Project. [Recruiting again][Romance and/or N/C]

Started by Montagne, November 25, 2012, 06:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Montagne

TheHangedOne

Edited my sheet. It should be complete now. Let me know how it is.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

DarkRose15

Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

Vassus

You know what I learned I didn't know how to do? Toying with the size of an image. If my image was and is too large, could someone help me?
E-Mail: radically.irrelevant@gmail.com

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?

FallenFeather

CurvyKitten

Is there room for still one more spot for a female then or not? Just want to ask before I come up with a character concept.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Vassus on November 28, 2012, 12:13:48 AM
You know what I learned I didn't know how to do? Toying with the size of an image. If my image was and is too large, could someone help me?

the code is [img height=#]http://(insert image link here)[/img]

300 seems to be a decent size though you can substitute any number you want in the number spot.  Of course, remove the spaces and you're set.  If you want a bit of padding between your picture and text just add "padding=#" after the "height=#" (no quotation marks).  8 is usually a good margin between text and picture.

Note: You could also scale your picture based on width.  The code is pretty much the same except you substitute the word "width" for "height".  No quotation marks.

Montagne

Quote from: CurvyKitten on November 28, 2012, 12:41:15 AM
Is there room for still one more spot for a female then or not? Just want to ask before I come up with a character concept.

there is indeed :)

TheHangedOne

Name: Ivan Demchak
Played by: TheHangedMan
Nationality: Ukrainian
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Height: 5'11
Sexuality:Straight

Likes/Turn ons: Chocolate, soft music, solving problems, intelligent individuals; Dominant women, sexually aggressive women
Dislikes/Turn offs: Ignorant people, being bothered by "non-issues"; scat, watersports, gore.

Specialty:Botany, agriculture
Background/History/Personality: Life in the Ukraine is not easy; lots of corruption in the government, lots of crime, and a lot of poor people scraping by. But it's been like that for so long, that the typical Ukrainian is capable of excessive hardship without so much as raising an eyebrow, or much more than a sigh.

Hell, just eating can be hard, at times. Those with good jobs, and those in the city do well; but in the country side, their are places without running electricity or water, still, where people do subsistence farming to get by. It's a bleak and miserable life.

Born in this sort of place, Ivan is, no shocker, a stalwart man with a stoic attitude. He also has a certain predilection for enjoying getting his hands dirty with work, and labor as a sort of reward on its own. This is a somewhat typical attitude, coming from a man who is fairly not typical; I mean, who has ever heard of a Ukrainian that doesn't drink vodka by the fifth?

A precocious boy, he was the youngest in a family with two older brothers and an eldest sister. Consequently, he frequently was made the 'patsy' when one of the other kids did something wrong. It left him with am ambivalence towards his family, towards other people as well; the fact that his perceived status as a trouble maker pushed him to surpass the expectations of his kin, however.

As he grew older, and witnessed the troubles his people--not his family, but his nation-- faced, he thought of ways to fix it. This was an odd knack of his; when he sees a problem, he tries to fix it. Perhaps it's because he was always trying to fix things in his family, or perhaps his compassionate nature arises from something else; he is not certain.

He ended up scrimping, saving, and doing some perhaps questionably legal things in order to go to afford to go to university. He got interested in agriculture, believing that if their was plentiful food for everyone, that the people could start to work on pulling themselves up out of the mud, because they would no longer be left wondering and struggling to find their next meal.

This interest in agriculture also lent itself well to botany, which he eventually became more focused in. He wants to, ultimately, find new species of fruit bearing plants, new vegetation, and new herbs with medicinal benefits, and to crossbreed them with existing things in order that he might one day develop a natural "super crop" that could provide good nutrition and grow well in the harsh lands of his home country; not to mention, better health care for his people, from newer drugs, would also make things easier on all.

He joined with the program because although he doubted tropical things would do well in the cold climates of Ukraine, it would at the very least give him field experience. And still, who's to say he might not discover something incredible?
Additional Character Info: Speaks Ukrainian fluently, as well as other former Soviet bloc languages (Russian, etc). Speaks English very well. 

No clue what to use for a pic, so if you want to help me, Dark, I'd love it.  :D
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

DarkRose15

Ezekla

I'm interested. Are there spots available for men or women? I can play either, though I'd prefer to play a male if I can. Please let me know so I can begin a character sheet.
Thus, storytelling - from wherever it comes - forms a layer in the foundation of the world; and glinting in it we see the trace elements of every tribe on earth.

DarkRose15

xPeachyPuff

I'm going to express some interest here. Are there more spots open for female characters?

-xSRx

DarkRose15

Atlas has final say but go ahead and make up a character :) He'll let you know when he pops on next.

xPeachyPuff

Alrighty, I'll have a go at putting something together. Thanks, Dark (:

-xSRx

DarkRose15

xPeachyPuff

I have a quick question. I'm thinking of making a character who isn't exactly studying anything that has be listed. But Atlas, you mentioned in your first post that there could be volunteers who attended the group. I was wondering if you would allow MC to be sponsored to go on the trip with everyone. I'm thinking of creating an armature model, who is just starting out in an agency who have volunteered her to attend this trip and are making a big deal it being great for her career. Hope that kinda makes sense. Just wanted to know what you thought about that really. Let me know.

-xSRx

EDIT: Attaching this here! If your answer to the above question is 'No. That's a retarded idea' or whatever, don't worry about this character. I just jotted her up and would like to put it in here before I lose it haha.

Name: Stephanie Clarke
Played by: xSnorkleRainbow
Nationality: English
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Bleached blond, naturally a dirty blond/mousy brown.
Height: 5’6”
Sexuality: Heterosexual. (Possibly Bi-Sexual for the right woman.)

Likes/Turn Ons: Romance, Guys who take control (sexually or in everyday situations), Guys who are blunt/who tell it like it is, Passionate individuals, Pretty Clothes/Underwear, Facial Hair (on men, obviously), Muscular partners/partners who take care of themselves, Protective men, Swearing/Cursing, Piercings and Tattoos, Knowledge, Dominate/Aggressive men (to an extent.)
Dislikes/Turn offs: Scat/Toilet Play, Vomiting, Spiders.

Specialty: N/A
Background/History/Personality: Stephanie was born and brought up in England for most of her life with a loving family made up of her mother, her father and her twin younger brothers. Her parents worked hard to keep their children happy; if there was one thing she remembers about her childhood it was the fact that the three siblings always had everything they could ever want or need. Her mother and father had been childhood sweethearts and had been together ever since; it was always something she thought was amazing, that they had been together for so long. It was something she aspired to have, ever since she was a young girl. It is also the reason for her previous failed relationship with the wrong kind of guys; she just couldn't help latching onto them and making them her entire world. Another trait that it caused her to develop was the fact she wears her heart on her sleeve; shes a little predictable in that respect and can't help but show her emotions like an open book. Around seven months after her 18th birthday, her father was in a server car accident that left him alive, but paralyzed from the waist down. Her mother took up another job after her dad was made redundant, but she only created more problems for herself, leaving her constantly drained. It pushed Stephanie into getting her first job so that she could help out with household bills, everyday necessities as well as looking out for her family. She started out as a bartender in a local pub, but continued her passion on the side; modelling.
Stephanie continued to send a portfolio that she had made for herself and eventually, almost a year later, she finally got a reply from an agency in America who offered to pay her way overseas. They also helped her find somewhere to stay; an apartment share with a few other girls in the agency. She sends money back to her family every time she is paid and they remain to say they fully support her decision, though Stephanie can't help feeling slightly guilty for leaving them. Since moving to America, she's toughened up a little and managed to keep herself from getting into too much trouble, with the help of her manager, of course. An older woman who had the life experience Stephanie envied.
Her agency decided to spring this little ‘trip’ on her after they'd built her up a little; apparently they were going to give some sort of donation to the people in charge of the expedition, but Stephanie remained clueless about the details. All she knew is what she would be doing and that it would help boost her career in some way or another.
Additional Character Info: Stephanie has several piercings, including her bellybutton, tongue, her ears have been pierced twice on both her lobes as well as her tragus, helix as well as scaffolding on her right ear. She also has a tattoo on the inside of her left wrist with her father, mother and brothers names written in bold italics. (Susan, Derek, Jason & Mason. Top – Bottom.)

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Atlas on November 28, 2012, 08:20:22 AM
there is indeed :)

I'll get a sheet up and see what you think. But I see that another woman has already been put up. Was that the last spot?

Did my spot get snaked? See this is why I sleeping is a bad thing:P

xPeachyPuff

Don't worry Curvy! I think Atlas is going to select characters rather then first come first serve. Put up your character anyways! I'm not sure mines right for the RP, but I wanted to put her up because I didn't want to lose the pictures and profile. (:

-xSRx

FallenFeather

Name: Esmeralda Rodriguez 
Played by: FallenFeather
Nationality: Latin American
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Blonde and Brown
Height: 5’6”
Sexuality: Bi-Curious

Likes/Turn ons: Outdoors, waterfalls, rough play, dirty talk, beaches, strong men, fashion, popularity
Dislikes/Turn offs: Violence, destruction, shit (verbal and actual), blood, stupidity, clowns

Specialty: Biology
Background/History/Personality: Esmeralda was born to a completely Mexican family. Both parents came to America from Mexico City to join family in New Mexico. Despite neither parent being from America, Esme was born in the States and as such was given citizenship. Esme never wanted for anything in her life. In fact, she was somewhat spoiled. More than somewhat. Esme always got what she wanted. As such, she obtained an attitude. In high school, she was one of those girls always at the center of attention: one of the popular kids. With her extremely good looks and attitude, she was always sought after. Not that it made people truly liked her, they just admired her and wanted to be like her.
Esme kept up with appearances. There was no better way to get what you wanted if you acted like you cared. Deep inside, there was little she did actually care about. However, growing up, she had spent a lot of time outside with her cousins and brother. She had enjoyed digging through the ud and climbing trees and dissecting animals. She never fully grew out of it, but kept it from public eye, letting only her family know her secret.
Once in college, Esme became one of those sorority party animals. Even though her grades were naturally passing, she hardly ever studied. She went undeclared for years. It wasn’t until she went back home after hearing her brother had gotten into an accident that she started to be serious. While home, her brother had commented on how he no longer recognized his sister anymore; she was a stranger. Having grown up with deep family values, it cut her deep. She had to stop pretending to be someone she wasn’t.
Esme finally declared biology as her major and started to get serious. Unfortunately, her intellectual side conflicted with her vain side and she had many emotional breakdowns along the way, feeling she had lost herself somewhere. With so many layers of pretending, she wasn’t sure who she was. One of her professors recommended this trip as a way to relax and get away from metropolitan life. Who knew, maybe she could discover who she truly was while in the jungle.
Additional Character Info: Can name almost any plant and animal. Also, when she gets frantic/stressed, her Hispanic accent comes out.

Montagne

Quote from: Ezekla on November 28, 2012, 12:18:54 PM
I'm interested. Are there spots available for men or women? I can play either, though I'd prefer to play a male if I can. Please let me know so I can begin a character sheet.

there's actually a deficit of male characters so that would be great!

I really like your character FF its a very interesting concept.

While I didn't plan on having non students Snorkle as yours is the same age, and you make a really good backstory reason for it along with a fun character  so I'm fine with having that for your character.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Atlas on November 28, 2012, 04:48:40 PM
While I didn't plan on having non students Snorkle as yours is the same age, and you make a really good backstory reason for it along with a fun character  so I'm fine with having that for your character.

Brilliant! Really glad you're alright with it. Thank you (:
-xSRx

CurvyKitten

What I have so far, though I'm seeing that I probably missed out? If so oh well...have fun.

Name: Alexandria Elena Holender
Played by: CurvyKitten
Nationality:American/ Russian though she has citizenship in Africa
Eyes: green
Hair: Blonde
Height:5'2''
Measurements: 32B-25-32
Sexuality:Bi
More pictures of Alex

Likes: Animals, outdoors, honesty, creativeness, music, trying new things, challenges, Rain storms, sweets, photography

Turn ons: Passion, kissing, touching, sex outdoors, light bondage, rough sex, gentle sex...really what ever the moment calls for,

Dislikes:bullies, ego maniacs, attention seekers,

Turn Offs:bathroom play, excessive pain, mutilation,

Specialty:Medical/Zoology
Personality:
Alex is a hand full in a small package, she grew up knowing life was much wilder then one may think. She is never one to back down from a challenge or what would scare normal people. When you grow up either dealing with rouge military groups or the wild lion entering your camp. You grow to have nerves of steel. Playful and fun, she tends to take life as it comes. You do the best you can with what your handed. Dwelling on the bad only keeps you stuck there. She keeps her cool in tough situations and learns to adapt well. Though she is a hellcat when crossed, has a protective streak for those that are weaker. And packs a hell of a punch for such a small firecracker.

Background/History:
Alex was born to Doniven and Christina Holender both doctors. They had found each other with they were with Doctors without borders. Each living their homes to strike out in the world when they were young doctors. Wanting to change the world with their actions. Alex was actually born in Maiawi Africa. Her mother far too stubborn and strong willed to stop doing her good works despite being pregnant. And as her father always said you never argued with her once she made up her mind to do something.

Alex grew up in much less urban life then most modern day girls. She grew up in the small villages that her parents visited, on nature preserves and the wild brush. She grew up climbing trees, and watching wild animals. Even bring home wounded ones, despite her parents protest. They could never say no to her when she gave them that certain look. And as she grew it was clear her mother’s determination and strong will had passed down to her.

Alex grew up learning to survive, learning how to take care of the people around her. How to deal with the wildest of animals, even when they would scare most people. In fact there were very few things in her life that were modern. The medical supplies and facilities were as well stocked and modernized as they could get where they were. Loving music and photography. And the fact that the modern age made it possible to take it with you anywhere. Or to take the most amazing photos, were indeed some of her favorite things.

As she grew up Alex knew that she wanted to fallow in her parents footsteps and do something good with her life. So she entered medical school with early admissions taking upon a double major in Zoology. And started her residency abroad, joining her parents in their work. And she helped the people around her, along with the occasional animal. Her father was actually the first to hear about the offer to go to Brazil. And after assuring her they would not only be ok without her, but that it was an opportunity that Alex couldn't pass up. She agreed to apply and go once she was accepted.

Additional Character Info:

Alex is afraid of large fires, due to a fire that trapped her in building when she was little. She can deal with camp fires and such, but more then that and she tends to get nervous. Not that she would really want to admit to it.

She is multilingual due to the way she grew up and the simple need of it. Russian (her fathers native language.),  Italian ( her mother taught it to her. As it is one of the languages of love. And she wanted her daughter knowing what they were trying to sweet talk her with.),Arabic, Portuguese, Spanish, Swahili, French, English all learned from the area's the traveled in. Her first language being French.

She can't really cook, at least not the things a normal person would eat. She has never had things like pizza or fast food. But she has eaten grub worm and wild boar.

Montagne

Quote from: CurvyKitten on November 28, 2012, 05:11:43 PM
What I have so far, though I'm seeing that I probably missed out? If so oh well...have fun.

Name: Alexandria Elena Holender
Played by: CurvyKitten
Nationality:American/ Russian though she has citizenship in Africa
Eyes: green
Hair: Blonde
Height:5'2''
Sexuality:Bi
More pictures of Alex

Likes: Animals, outdoors, honesty, creativeness, music, trying new things, challenges, Rain storms, sweets, photography

Turn ons: Passion, kissing, touching, sex outdoors, light bondage, rough sex, gentle sex...really what ever the moment calls for,

Dislikes:bullies, ego maniacs, attention seekers,

Turn Offs:bathroom play, excessive pain, mutilation,

Specialty:Medical/Zoology
Personality:
Alex is a handle in a small package, she grew up knowing life was much wilder then one may think. She is never one to back down from a challenge or what would scare normal people. When you grow up either dealing with rouge military groups or the wild lion entering your camp. You grow to have nerves of steel. Playful and fun, she tends to take life as it comes. You do the best you can with what your handed. Dwelling on the bad only keeps you stuck there. She keeps her cool in tough situations and learns to adapt well. Though she is a hellcat when crossed, has a protective streak for those that are weaker. And pack a hell of a punch for such a small firecracker.

Background/History:
Alex was born to Doniven and Christina Holender both doctors. They had found each other with they were with Doctors without borders. Each living their homes to strike out in the world when they were young doctors. Wanting to change the world with their actions. Alex was actually born in Maiawi Africa. Her mother far too stubborn and strong willed to stop doing her good works despite being pregnant. And as her father always said you never argued with her once she made up her mind to do something.

Alex grew up in much less urban life then most modern day girls. She grew up in the small villages that her parents visited, on nature preserves and the wild brush. She grew up climbing trees, and watching wild animals. Even bring home wounded ones, despite her parents protest. They could never say no to her when she gave them that certain look. And as she grew it was clear her mother’s determination and strong will had passed down to her.

Alex grew up learning to survive, learning how to take care of the people around her. How to deal with the wildest of animals, even when they would scare most people. In fact there were very few things in her life that were modern. The medical supplies and facilities were as well stocked and modernized as they could get where they were. Loving music and photography. And the fact that the modern age made it possible to take it with you anywhere. Or to take the most amazing photos, were indeed some of her favorite things.

As she grew up Alex knew that she wanted to fallow in her parents footsteps and do something good with her life. So she entered medical school with early admissions taking upon a double major in Zoology. And started her residency abroad, joining her parents in their work. And she helped the people around her, along with the occasional animal. Her father was actually the first to hear about the offer to go to Brazil. And after assuring her they would not only be ok without her, but that it was an opportunity that Alex couldn't pass up. She agreed to apply and go once she was accepted.

Additional Character Info:
Alex is afraid of large fires, due to a fire that trapped her in building when she was little. She can deal with camp fires and such, but more then that and she tends to get nervous. Not that she would really want to admit to it.

With 6 women to two men I may need to decide on which female characters are included but i allowed you in earlier on and I'll decide based on the quality of the characters rather than the timing :)

CurvyKitten

good to hear, I shall work on typo's as well as possibly expanding on her back ground a bit more. But I wanted you to be able to get a feel for her at the very least.