A shinigami's tale

Started by Prosak, May 24, 2013, 04:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosak

You are dead. Yes, I know quite a frank way to put it. But yes, you are. How? That is up to you. But, what is life... After death? Well, for these people, our characters. It is a bit on the weird side. For them at least. They are chosen, to become Shinigami. Spirits, that help the dead pass on into the after life. Who from the side lines bring justice to the victimized. And, fight the creatures that lurk in the dark. Praying on humanity... Each shinigami is different. Each with their own unique powers. And with mastery, and with time. Can become more then simply just healing. Or controlling fire. Do I still have your interest? Have I made it through the simple sales pitch? Well then, read on. to the details.

Premise, is that we all have died. And are inducted into a world where we must work as Shinigami. Why? Because we are all good people, whom have each committed something bad. We each have some thing we regret in life, and because of our sins and regrets. We must commit to years of servitude, fighting and protecting. When our time is done we then pass pn. If we die, well... You cant die twice now can you? Shinigami powers comes from who we were in life, and our personalities. And are limited, to one power. Variations within the power is allowed. For example, psychokinesis is an option.

Yama castle. A place of waiting. And the home of the characters when they are not on the job.

I really just want to leave as much as possible in the open. I would like for this to be a collaboration. And hope people are interested

Yano2mch

Prosak

Not necessarily. It is mainly based off a rp I did with a group a long ways back. At the time it was only pg. But, in a since... Think gant's, mixed with a bit of bleach if that helps. Just not bleach. It is more about demons, and monsters.

Yano2mch

Well if you strip away soul-society and hollows are replaced with other types of monsters, then it's pretty easy to find where it stands I suppose; Based on the overall description it kept saying 'bleach' to me.

I suppose what I'm missing in the original post is sorta a destination. Surviving and fighting is all and good, but if you don't have a destination you could just end up in limbo forever (Fine for hack and slash but in forum RPs that can get old fast); Characters and stories need a direction and destination (even if it isn't attainable).

Lady Hecate

I like the premise, but I agree that the direction is lacking. Is that something you wanted to have collaboration on?

Perhaps it could be a Shinigami training school. Older spirits are paired with the newer in a mentoring system? IDK, that jumped into my mind at the beginning. Or do you have a different direction in mind?

~Lady Hecate

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Lady Hecate on May 25, 2013, 05:06:18 PM
I like the premise, but I agree that the direction is lacking. Is that something you wanted to have collaboration on?

Perhaps it could be a Shinigami training school. Older spirits are paired with the newer in a mentoring system? IDK, that jumped into my mind at the beginning. Or do you have a different direction in mind?

~Lady Hecate

Bleach training academy sounds way more interesting imo. I second this idea