Interest Check: Aberrant (the white wolf superhumans game) in Ancient Earth

Started by Kolbrandr, July 24, 2015, 08:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolbrandr

Kolbrandr

annnd... doin a more indepth pass, gave you guys 75 nova points to build with along with the free quantum and enhancements, not 90.

Kolbrandr

Fortunately these are easy fixes, I would lose the points into quantum pool so that gives you back 2 points, you don't seem to have actually used your taint dot to have reduced the cost of anything so we will apply it to the dots of one of your level 3 powers which gives you back another 2 points. Shave your wp down to 6 gives you another 2. So that's 6 points back, we only need 9 more. So drop teleport down a dot, gives you back 3, mega app by a dot, gives you another 3 annnd... maybe a dot of mega manipulation.

Elven Sex Goddess

Muse

Langueges:  Egyptian and Theran.  Could someone sugest two more, please?  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Kolbrandr on August 27, 2015, 04:12:23 AM
ESG: Can you list how you spent your points (nova and bonus)? I feel like you might be underspent.

That aside, an ally/casual lover/so forth who is one of Xenos' people is fine, though you are unlikely to know that they are such. So we will instead say that as far as you know they are a fellow Venerated Seer that goes by the name A'as, a Sumerian chosen with some general veneration amongst Therans as a god of knowledge and patron to brainiacs out in the wilder places getting grit under their fingernails, who in another era might be called a field scientist, travelling to and fro on their studies instead of basing themselves out of the academy, and in an even different era might be called a two fisted action scientist. Unless you'd really like to know their non day job, as it were, which, hey, you spent the dot. You'd just need to keep that secret. Let me know what you want to go with there. I'll provide more detail on what they do otherwise.

A'as seems to have been Sumerian nobility of some sort before his awakening, certainly he knows his way around high culture and how to pull off fine clothing and elegant manner, thick dark hair well groomed around chiseled olive skinned features, robes generally worn open at the chest that display smooth muscles and an athletic build, but in the field everything is more unkempt clothes all work leathers and the like, various satchels and pockets for tools and gewgaws, that kind of thing, a constant being deep green eyes that sometimes gleam with flashes of inspiration or brilliance. A measure of divine physicality, perception, mental acuity, force of personality, etc. basically one of those human++++++ types rather than throwing zap bolts around. Something of a polymath across multiple fields of endeavour (the term Renaissance Man does not after all exist ;p). Has a genuine enjoyment of his work and broadening his understanding of the wider world. He's like one of those really exasperating sorts of nerds who are also good looking, athletic and able to function well socially ;p

For your contact amongst Mithras' people, I am going to be slightly lazy and also make use of something and say that it's Serekh from the noted npcs, as Serekh, like Meliai's character, is one of those contacts background masteries contacts everywhere sort of people (when you are the world's greatest bodyguard, or so the legends say, you get hired in all kinds of places by all kinds of people for all kinds of things, and you meet all sorts of people while on those jobs at that), and thus you're one of his in Thera! Serekh, there's likely nothing physical going on there, but he is courteously polite to a fault and in a well received way, and gently curious enough about the world around him to strike up conversations.

Serekh. As a contact and not an ally, you are not 100% sure to the full extent of his abilities or even 70% sure, but then as a guy whose primary job is preventing gods of death and murder and what all ever else from shellacking his clients, he probably intentionally keeps things back on his full shtick anyway so as to have some edges against that crowd. He's tall and with a lean build, his clothing cut for ease of motion, tending to simple, well made, and appropriate to whatever cultural environment he happens to be in at the time. His features are somewhat youthful, his hair a light brown that's cut a bit short in the back, but grown out thick enough otherwise that there are some errant bangs over and framing his face, his gaze is amber eyed and attentive. At times doesn't seem to move so much as flow between spaces, or perhaps carry himself on the wind. Speaks an almost ludicrous number of languages, picking up new ones with little effort at all.

Let me know if you're cool with those.

Your followers are fine. I would note if you want to be a goddess with a full out big ol cult to yourself, would take all of raising followers to 5, then finding two points to give yourself a background mastery for followers and tada! Big Ol Cult.

It would also compensate for your zilcho resources, aka, your cult provides (I mean, at backing 4, certainly the Venerated Seers also provide, but you basically have no purchasing power/income of your own then so much as you have people who cover for your shelter and food and drink).

Alright I had missed this during the week.   All of which I like.   I have adjusted my sheet in reflection.   I have in rounding out the character taken and placed the 5th dot in followers,  and given mastery while retaining now 1 dot of resources.    To achieve the mastery cost I eliminated the purchase of the 3rd dot of intelligence leaving it at two thus gaining back the 5 points of bonus points.   Which 2 are placed towards the follower mastery of her cult.   The other 3 points are spent in specialities which I realize had not covered.   As I had gossip and seduction as specialties so needed a third and thus chose discern lies under rapport ability. 

Hopefully I have it all good now.   

Also I finally found the nova name I found closes to represent my character and that is the Roman goddess Fauna.    In part because of tie in of Greek mythology in part of the Trojan refugee Aeneas son of Venus as founder of Rome.  Through giving tie in to Romulus and Remus later on.    Tying in what is Theran (Atlantis) with Troy and Rome.   

Of course in the future will she be the same Fauna the Prophetess of Thera or another poser who is the roman goddess Fauna of prophecies and fruitfulness.   

Kolbrandr

Quote from: Muse on August 29, 2015, 08:59:21 AM
Langueges:  Egyptian and Theran.  Could someone sugest two more, please?  :)

Mycenean is useful as a Rhadamanthine for understanding the babble of the people you end up punching most often. You could also take Sumerian if you want some kind of Theran Compact linguistic completeness thing.

Muse

Fixed langueges. 

Dropped my iniative boost and one level of adaptation in favor of +1 willpower. 

Ready tto rumble! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kolbrandr

Alright, just giving all the sheets a last once over.

Oh, semi quick note on erotic content, as I was asked to clarify.

So, Thera itself and sexuality. I've pillaged several cultures for this where such concepts were treated fairly openly, and certainly Thera's own attitude boils down to "if it does no real harm, no one really cares". A few cults incorporate sex into their rites of worship, all that sort of thing. Though obviously there are occasional bits of discourse on just what harm is. Otherwise, Thera couldn't really be called particularly decadent, just tolerant. I'm not going to do some kind of big ol chart of the sexual leanings and habits of various npcs (though that might be amusing), but the Champion of Ra is bi for instance, and if you think that means his relationship with Baal when Baal was still part of Thera had a particular undertone to it, you would be correct (though sadly for people in Thera with inclinations we would later define as "slashfic", observers at the time noted it being the equivalent of a friends with benefits relationship physically than anything romantic).

More importantly, on an ooc level, okay, so, as you might note as kinda noted from my preferences profile thing, I don't really go in for erotic rp when the other player is a fellow, nor do I rp female characters for that sort of content. (I'm entirely fine to rp say, romances, that's just part of running a campaign, just not the physical aspect)

To be clear: This is not to say you can't end up deeply sexually involved or in some compromised situation with whatever npc of whatever gender/preference. Such things can frankly arise even just organically from how the campaign and scenes in it progress. Also you might end up in the torture pits of Gehinnom or something like that! It's just that barring another player handling the particulars, there'd be some measure of glossing over in that sort of situation.

Honestly this is something of a plot first/smut second campaign (or man would I have not bothered with all that setting work), so I don't know that this is really going to be a huge deal anyway, but it does seem fair to clearly note all this sort of thing before start, and asking me to was a fair question.

Elven Sex Goddess

Sounds good to me,  as I have based my character in part on the Roman goddess Fauna.   

Fauna is an old Roman Goddess of Prophecy and Fruitfulness, with ties to the forest and fields and the animals found there. She is closely related to the God Faunus; She is variously His wife, sister, or daughter. Her name, like Faunus's, is from the Latin faveo, "to befriend, support, or back up", from which we get our "favor"; an alternate etymology is from fari, "to speak, talk, or say", referring to Their powers of prophecy. Her name then could be variously translated as "She Who Favors", "the Friendly One", "the Speaker", or even "She Who Has Your Back". She was identified with the prophetic Goddess Fatua, again meaning, "the Speaker", but with additional meanings of "She Who Speaks Prophecy", or "the Oracle"

I realize I have over tilt towards a social action character.   That I am inherently weak when it comes to combat.   This was done with concept.    I envision her just as the excerpt borrowed above.   She is the guide for the group.   The hand that has their back.   

The choice in the goddess took time to fit what I was looking for with concept.   The key links were the Trojan story linking Troy to Rome.    The other is;  According to yet another of the Roman stories glorifying the city's origins, Fauna was one of the Hyperborians, who were believed to live far in the north (hyperboreas in the Greek literally means "beyond the North Wind"), and said to worship Apollo. She hooked up with the hero Hercules and as a result gave birth to a son Latinus, later a king of the Latins, and therefore a mythical ancestor of the Roman people and a claim to the famous blood of Hercules.

Thus I know this is well into the future the Roman empire is not yet come to light.    This is the earlier years of the abherent  Fauna.    I see her not as hoping from one cyber scene to another,  but developing friendships and perhaps romances.   She is not submissive nor is she dominant she is merely carefree and genial with a true heart of goodness.     I also see her with growth gaining control of animal and plant mastery to help round out her concept.   Her often nudity is not for decadent purposes but the beauty of erotic nature.   

Finally what I like about Fauna who unlike other goddess in majority who seem to be split in domains with polar opposites of fertility and love to war.   I.e  Ianna, Ishtar,  Isis,   Astarte and so on.    Her portfolio really does not have such opposite polar. 

Finally when Kolbrandr first brought his idea to me.   An I am thankful for his invite.  My first thoughts on the concept and premise was a game much in kin to Vampire the Masquerade in with elders and methuselahs.   Characters with great powers yet more driven by the plot and intricate webs woven into the story by both what Kolbrandr throws at us and what we ourselves bring into it on the level of demigods.     

Anyways I am raring to go.   This can and should be a fun game.