News:

Main Menu

Bathroom Philosophy

Started by Inkidu, September 02, 2008, 03:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

You know what it is, and its not as dirty as you might think. You know all those little sayings carved into the particle board of the stalls.
My favorites are:

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Aristotle
Do be do be do- Sinatra

and

Fuck the Audubon Society. Signed Prometheus.   
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mathim

Didn't Aristotle come before Descartes?

Most of the stuff in bathroom stalls is completely illegible, but mostly it's propositions for gay sex, the few I can understand. Kind of like the scene in Dumb and Dumber where Jim Carrey is in the stall and reads the thing that says "For Manly Love Be Here At 1:00 AM Sharp" and then the big trucker he scammed earlier in the movie comes into the stall with him. LOL.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Avi

One that I've seen around UW-Madison a lot is an area classic.  "There once was a man from Racine, who invented a fucking machine.  Concave or convex, to serve either sex, but boy, what a bastard to clean."  That's been popping up since before I was born.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Inkidu

Quote from: Mathim on September 02, 2008, 05:56:42 PM
Didn't Aristotle come before Descartes?

Most of the stuff in bathroom stalls is completely illegible, but mostly it's propositions for gay sex, the few I can understand. Kind of like the scene in Dumb and Dumber where Jim Carrey is in the stall and reads the thing that says "For Manly Love Be Here At 1:00 AM Sharp" and then the big trucker he scammed earlier in the movie comes into the stall with him. LOL.
Mathim, humor is totally lost on you.  :D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

Our public bathrooms work more like forums... every week theres more replies, all connected to each other with arrows XD its interesting to follow.

Mathim

What bathrooms are you guys checking? I mean, usually if it's a public bathroom I am using relatively clean ones like those at hotels (like the one I worked at) or malls or community colleges. Those have very little graffiti (since they're cleaned frequently) unless they're carved into the stall doors or walls, very few of which are. I just don't see much interesting graffiti in restrooms, but I can tell I must be missing out on some humorous stuff if a thread about it was made. I'm just putting in what I saw and tried to be funny by adding a reference to that funny moment in Dumb and Dumber.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Trieste

Quote from: Sabbat on September 03, 2008, 08:35:33 AM
Our public bathrooms work more like forums... every week theres more replies, all connected to each other with arrows XD its interesting to follow.

The ones around here are, too... or, used to be. I actually don't see it much anymore, but the stalls at the beaches used to be just covered. It was actually pretty awesome... a friend and I used to go into the bathrooms sometimes when we were bored just to read the walls, not even because we had to pee.

Sabby

You would write a response and then draw an arrow to the comment you were responding to. a week later you would have that person telling you off big time XD many accusations of skin colour, questioning of sexual preference and threats of grievous bodily harm with crude instruments.

Inkidu

Huh maybe you should check the library bathrooms. That's where I found those.