News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

FOX never ceases to amaze me

Started by Vekseid, July 09, 2009, 05:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

http://gawker.com/5310208/brian-kilmeade-would-like-species-and-ethnics-to-remain-pure

He didn't trust the study because it was done in Finland and Sweden and the Finns and the Swedes stay "pure" by only marrying each other. Whereas in America, everyone marries everyone (so long as they're white and their partner is white. Oh, and straight!) So therefore the study doesn't mean anything.

It's not just black-white / etc. intermarriage that causes impurity, by the way. Apparently, German-Italian parings are also impure.

kylie

Ha.  Anything to find an excuse to call someone "Nazi," huh. 
(Googles over whether Rush Limbaugh might have a telltale drop of German?)

Well, I better just hide those Italian genes in the closet.  Pretty soon, some conservative will start in again on the anti-Kerry mishmash: "All Europeans must be gay you know.  There's proof: They surf and wear synthetic blazers!  Poor things, they don't get wine and harems of sinewy virgins gold pavement in the afterlife either."

Just wait until firebrands among the Black super-masculine radicals get a whiff of all this.

As for me...  My 1/8 Irish blood will conquer.  Oh wait, wasn't it Welsh Superiority Day.   >:) 

This is where those multiple personalities really avoid confusion!  All that doublespeak takes some serious compartmentalization.

Jude

"Fox and Friends" is pretty horrific.  Then again I don't care for "Morning Joe" either.  All of these morning shows seem to be totally self-important, opinionated, and big-mouthed about every issue that slides across their plate even if they have absolutely no qualifications to comment on it.  They're the absolute worst of the cable television world:  unqualified morons passing off their counsel to people in a self-righteous way.

At least on the opinionated shows which're styled after talk radio it's just one idiot ranting so they're easily marginalized.  Morning shoes emulate conversation in an attempt to trick people into thinking that's how "normal" people think.

Elayne

Personally, I find 'mixed' people quite attractive. 
"Writing is like prostitution. First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money." -Moliere

Mnemaxa

You are referring to a news station that warned people about the ultrahackers called anonymous and punctuated their news clip with a completely unrelated picture of a van blowing up.  Their reliability is right up there with the weather.  Oh sorry, we're much better at predicting weather than we used to be.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

The Overlord

Interesting, the page won't load for me. My browser's StupidFilter must be working properly.

Phoenix

Oh, come on now, they're a perfectly unbiased News source! They would never lie to you.

So if they say that intermarriage is bad, why, it must be bad!

Wait, are Italians white? What about half-Italians? If she's 1/4 Italian, does that make my child white, or does that 1/4 make her impure?

Oh god, I'm so confused now. Whatever am I going to do? Should I get her fixed like a dog so she can't breed and create more little 1/4 Italian babies???

I mean, Fox News is totally unbiased, right? They claim they are.  ::)

Sorry, sarcasm FTW. Some of my in-laws watch Fox and claim it's an unbiased and reliable News source. I suppose I shouldn't make fun of them, but the ones who watch it are the Italians... they don't seem to care that I'm not Italian, but maybe they will after I tell them that.

>:)

Serephino

I guess I'm really in trouble then.  Let's see... I'm 1/2 German, 1/4 Irish, 1/8 English, and 1/8 French Canadian.  I'm such a mutt....

Oniya

5/8ths Polish, somewhere around a quarter Russian, a smattering of German - seems like someone's always invading!  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Doomsday

If you go far enough back in time, nobody is really 'American'. Not even the natives :D

Serephino

Actually, if you think about it, Europeans aren't even really 'pure'.  Records have only been kept what, the last hundred years are so.  And Europe is not a large continent.  Most countries aren't much bigger than the average US state.  People moved around.  A French nobleman might have bought a Danish bride.  So really, everyone is mixed.  Scientists can now trace your lineage through mitochondrial DNA, but that's passed from the mother, so all that tells you is where your mother's mother's mother's mother came from.  And women used to be bought and sold like property... so who really knows.

Destiny Ascension

The only way FOX has ever amused me is in the internal debates I have regarding how they can, without laughter, call themselves journalists and get away with it.

Then again, same goes for 95% of TV-based News stations.
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

HairyHeretic

Having "Fox Propaganda - Not even remotely fair or balanced" wouldn't give the proper public impression though :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Transgirlenstein

Well I am two thirds of the Axis..German and Italian. 

I sort of just let anything on Fox go in one ear and out the other
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Rhapsody

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on July 11, 2009, 10:18:06 PM
If you go far enough back in time, nobody is really 'American'. Not even the natives :D

Not even Fox.

They're owned by an Australian.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

fossildude181

The only thing worth seeing on FOX is Glenn Beck. Hannity & Colmes used to be good too, but then they got rid of Colmes and instead of the segment serving as an entertaining debate, it's now just Hannity's soapbox.
Civis Americanus sum

OldSchoolGamer

Racial supremacy or "purity" theories are among the worst kinds of pseudoscience. 

The whole concept of a pure race cannot stand up to scientific scrutiny.

Silk

Thing I find funny is that apparently many englishmen are true english, so their heritage in no way was diluted from internal warfare between scotland ireland and wales, and managed to completely bypass the invasions of the saxons, normans and romans, and then endure centuries of immigration from other countries... Same applies to other "pure nationalists" sorry but that entire theory is flawed and the chances of a bloodline remaining entirely pure is minimal. Get over it everyone is a bastard race.

Oniya

Quote from: Silk on July 16, 2009, 06:56:20 AM
Thing I find funny is that apparently many englishmen are true english, so their heritage in no way was diluted from internal warfare between scotland ireland and wales, and managed to completely bypass the invasions of the saxons, normans and romans, and then endure centuries of immigration from other countries... Same applies to other "pure nationalists" sorry but that entire theory is flawed and the chances of a bloodline remaining entirely pure is minimal. Get over it everyone is a bastard race.

They also seem to forget that the 'Angles' (of Anglo-Saxon) were also immigrants.  You'd be more likely to find a pure bloodline in Wales and Scotland, by way of the Picts.

And by 'more likely', I mean the difference between finding a snowflake on the sun, and finding one in Florida in August.    8-)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

HairyHeretic

Do you expect someone who proudly boasts of their race to be swayed by anything as puny as logic or facts? Why, you can prove anything with facts!
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Avi

Keep in mind that Fox News is the same channel that hosts this guy.  Anything remotely related to reason and facts makes their skin burn and break out in hives.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Elayne

To me, the hilarity is this.

1)  Fox news reporter claims that the mixing of races causes 'dementia'.
2)  Fox news reporter's babbling is clearly demented.

So, clearly, by his own logic, someone in his family tree had a hobby.
"Writing is like prostitution. First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money." -Moliere

Inkidu

Speaking of media screw ups. I'll never forget CNN.

"Today a Korean gunboat sank a Korean gunboat in Korean waters."

or when they thought AR was Arizona and not Arkansas. Arizona is AZ.

Talking heads is all they are.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

OldSchoolGamer

What's really going to get the talking heads is that the issues they obsess about are becoming less and less relevant to our everyday lives anyway.  Once we seriously hit the skids, is anybody really going to care about some off-the-cuff remark Sotomayor made ten years ago, or Obama's birth certificate, or whatever manufactured flavor-of-the-week outrage is in vogue in TV-land?

Are people really going to cry a river of tears if a national health plan forces Bill Gates to sell one of his twelve limos or four LearJets?

As a nation, we're like Wile E. Coyote: we've run off the cliff, and the Powers-That-Be desperately want us to avoid looking down so we can keep standing in mid-air until they've made their exit to their posh homes in Costa Rica and the Cayman Islands.  These angsty TV news-mags are just one of the distractions they use.

Rhapsody

Quote from: Oniya on July 16, 2009, 09:13:24 AM
You'd be more likely to find a pure bloodline in Wales and Scotland, by way of the Picts.

The Picts are extinct. :) So no luck there.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.