[Black Dawn] Modern Fantasy - Conclave Characters Needed - Open Recruitment

Started by Wispyr, October 14, 2016, 10:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wispyr

Quote from: Arcannyx on October 15, 2016, 01:15:14 PM
I've also realized that this is actually an opportunity to possibly play a dragon... although I don't have a clue where to even begin.
Dragon... Vampire.. Phoenix... Merfolk... Spirit...Kitsune... Neko... Banshee... Naga... Sahagin... Anything!

ANNNNYYYYYTHIIIIING

Cataclysmic Archangel

*creates 735 foot large dragon with sharp fangs and breathes fire and all sorts of epic awesomeness*

Weakness:  Too fucking big to do anything.

Hence my initial statement 'not sure how I'd do it'.

(and yes, the obvious answer would probably involve shapeshifting).

Wispyr

Or... Could have the ability to gain scales and claws, with some sort of fire breathing power. And the idea of the 'traditional' dragon was a story that evolved after seeing him / Seelie like him. Need not actually have a 'dragon' form - what with he isn't actually a 'dragon', he's a Seelie. Humans just call him a dragon.

Or shapeshifting. Sky. Limit. All that jazz.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Dominique

I have no idea what I'm making yet but I do know I want to claim Melissa Clarke (who may or may not be famous) and that hot guy from Sons of Anarchy.

::)

Cataclysmic Archangel

Werewolf, worgen, lycan, shifter... whatever the mere mortals call them.

Jason Momoa as my face claim.

I have very little about him so far except that that concept keeps coming to me super easily, but I am already considering who to be connected with, so feel free to hit me up. :)

So far I have him as pretty damn aggressive and maybe something of a hunting nut (psst.  Amarlo.)  Might have even run into a Valkyrie once or twice.

Wispyr

Seelie

Fay

Kindred

Awakened

Human

The Conclave

The Circle

The Assembly

-

Player     Character     Face Claim     Gender     Sexuality     Race     Faction     Inspiration     Notes
01. WispyrEydis NiequistMini AndenFemaleHeteroflexibleSeelieThe ConclaveValkyrieLooking for former 'purifiers' as associates/subordinates; former lover; human hero
02. Saphir??????Merfolk-
03. Elysian RadianceElenore TorneauNatalie DormerFemalePansexualSeelieThe CircleVampireLooking for some type of thrall/child; employees for her house of debauchery
04. Amarlo???????-
05. Orange Marmalade???????-
06. Chresstafer???????-
07. Aya???????-
08. Relikai???????-
09. Arcannyx?Jason Momoa????Werewolf-
10. Dominique?Melissa Clarke?????-

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Dominique on October 15, 2016, 01:55:02 PM
I have no idea what I'm making yet but I do know I want to claim Melissa Clarke (who may or may not be famous) and that hot guy from Sons of Anarchy.

::)
Charlie Hunnam is who you're looking for.

On that note... I'd like to tentatively claim Alexander Skaarsgard as well for a second character.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Dominique

Wispyr

Cataclysmic Archangel

@Wispyr - Would the Circle have a 'bring back the rogues' position along the lines of your Valkyrie?  It's actually exactly what I was thinking of for my wolf, and then read yours because I was using it as the example it was meant to be. 

And on that same vein, could be a connection, that these two have run into each other before on 'hunts'.

Wispyr

Quote from: Arcannyx on October 15, 2016, 02:51:45 PM
@Wispyr - Would the Circle have a 'bring back the rogues' position along the lines of your Valkyrie?  It's actually exactly what I was thinking of for my wolf, and then read yours because I was using it as the example it was meant to be. 
They no doubt have some sort group that does something like that - though they're more likely focused on dealing with The Assembly of Dusk; as far as the Conclave (and Eydis) is concerned, The Circle are the rogues, going to earth, breaking the decrees and interfering with humanity. That said, The Circle no doubt hunts members of the Assembly and likely members of the Conclave when they can get away it with. So if you want to run such a thing, just make sure to detail the purpose of it.

I'm extremely open to players influencing how things worked within the various factions, so long as it stays true to the general idea of what /who they are.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Sounds good.  I put in a brief bit for now in my character so I can just have it on paper and get it done, I can try and come up with more later, or work with you on it. 

Definitely could see Eydis knowing Lyonis for that reason.  I'm sure there's been a an Assembly member or two that they hunted at the same time.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Lyonis, Reaver of the Circle of Thorns

- Black Dawn Character Sheet -

Name: Lyonis is his given name.  Leon Gray if he needs to act the part amongst mortals.
Race: Seelie
Faction: Circle of Thorns
Inspiration: Werewolf
Face Claim: Jason Momoa

Height: 6’4”
Body Type: Athletic and muscular.  Soldier’s build, rather than bodybuilder.
Hair Color: Dark brown
Eye Color: Darker brown

Occupation / Status: Reaver – The Circle of Thorns has no need to go hunting Seelie that break the Conclave laws, but there are those that are known to go too far; the Assembly of Dusk.  Many times Lyonis has been sent after such Fae, the ones that have tried too hard to take control of the humans, to expose them and basically ruin a good thing.  Where the Conclave’s ‘Purifiers’ want to bring back the bad eggs to make sure no one knows anything, the Reavers are called in only for the really, REALLY bad eggs.  The ones that have spoiled and gone rotten.  The ones that threaten their existence.    Reavers don’t bring anyone back, as the risk is too high

Sexuality: Heterosexual
Relationship Status: An alpha usually seeks some sort of Omega.  He’s not actively looking for one, but it would be nice…  No flowers and candies for this one.  He wants biting and clawing and screaming and…

- Descriptors -
Observant - He has a sharp eye (and nose) for detail, as befits a hunter.  He’s quick to catch on to clues and observations, often will be able to catch a lie or an inconsistency.  In short, strong in investigative skills.
Loyal - Lyonis has been around for a long time.  Like any pack creature, he’s loyal to that pack to death.  Of course, one has to actually earn that loyalty first, and that’s the tricky part.
Cunning - He’s rash.  He’s impulsive.  He plays the part of a hulking MAN who seems to think with claws, fangs, and perhaps cock.  However, he’s an alpha for a reason.  He knows how to think like his prey.  He knows how to be devious, even if he hates the idea of acting like it.  In short, he knows how to hunt.

Focused - Like a dog on a scent, you can’t shake him once he’s focused on a goal, be it a target, or otherwise.  This can be both benefit and hindrance, depending on the situation.
Truthful - Why isn’t that a positive trait?  Well, ever have someone who doesn’t see the need for lies, when you need to be subtle?  Yes, he’s honest, and he feels that lying is a terrible thing, but it also means he won’t pull punches, and his mouth can get him into trouble.

Aggressive - When all you have is a hammer, all you see is a nail.  Lyonis prides himself on being an alpha predator, and so unless otherwise, everyone starts as prey.
Hot-Headed - There’s only so many ways to say he’s got a short fuse.  And if you ask for a longer description, he’d probably lose what little patience he had trying to do so.  Rash, impulsive this one is.
Savage - Lyonis can be seen as a little bit… backwater in this world of man.  He’s crude, barbaric even.  In this sort of day, he’d be considered a ‘man’s man’, but he’s slow on technology, manners, etc.

About Me: He prides himself on being an alpha predator.  He’s been around for centuries, at first merely one of the pack, but he takes great pride in working his way up to the head Reaver.  He has dozens of kills under his ‘fur’, making him someone that Seelie are wary around.  And of course everyone in the moral realm has heard stories of the Big Bad Wolf…

- Background -
Is there such a thing as a ‘cliché’ background for a 400 year old Fae?  Lyonis was one of seven in his litter, and while he was not the runt of the litter (not even close), he was one of the younger ones in his family, which meant having to not only defend himself, but also prove himself compared to older siblings.  Over the years, his aggressive nature asserted himself, and by the time he was grown to adulthood, his brothers (and sisters) knew better than to try and pull the ‘I’m older’ bit on him.  And all it took was one dying (and no one can prove he had anything to do with that). 

During that time, the Conclave was, of course, always there, asserting themselves as the Fae kept to the Dream.  Occasionally the stories would come out about the ‘rogues’ from the Circle who would escape and explore the mortal world, some brought back, others not.  The stories intrigued him.  Another world, other species.  It wasn’t long before he found himself seeking out the Circle of Thorns, who at the time weren’t much more than a renegade faction that was slowly gaining legitimacy.  However, their logic made sense in such a way that Lyonis was quick to become one of their rank.

As the Circle slowly gained strength and numbers, Lyonis was one who would often go to the mortal realms.   He soon learned that the Conclave would often try to bring him and others back, and he learned quickly how to avoid their attentions.  He became so good at it, in fact, that he was part of the first of what became called ‘Reavers’; their own version of the hunters employed by the Conclave.  Except the Circle didn’t need to bring back mere observers or those that got noticed.  They didn’t care.  No, they worried about the ones who could screw up what they had and have them all pushed out into the light too much.  Namely, the Assembly, which was far more radical than them, and gave the Circle a bad name.

And now that the Seelie are here on Earth, Lyonis has found a new prey to hunt.  The Blight is a predator that needs to be stopped before it destroys the land.  It took their home away from them, killed loved ones.  The Reavers were trained to hunt down threats, and the Blight is the largest threat of them all.

- Powers / Assets -
Hybrid Form (Major) The epitome of Lyonis’s powers is the Hybrid.  The stories call it all sorts of things; Wolfman, Worgen, Metis, but they all have one thing in common.  In this form, Lyonis gains nearly a foot in height and easily another hundred pounds of pure muscle.  He’s much faster, his combat reflexes are enhanced, his senses are keener, and his claws are always out.  He has a durable, thick hide under his fur, and often feels more at home in this form than any other.  However he burns energy quickly, and so can’t stay in his shape indefinitely.
Regeneration (Major) Lyonis is able to heal most wounds much quicker than any mortal could, and short of losing his head or having his heart ripped out, given enough time he can heal from it. 

Wolf Form (Minor) Lyonis can shift into that of a timber wolf.  This form is extremely fast (up to 30mph when running, or around 6mph at a casual lope), and has enhanced senses like any lupine species.   
Keen Senses (Minor) In any form, Lyonis’s senses are sharper than any mortals should be.  He has an acute sense of smell, can see in all but total darkness, and can hear at a much wider range.  Of course, like any lupine, that’s a cusre as well with a very high pitched sound.
Claws (Minor) Even in his mortal form, Lyonis can shift his fingers into long claws.  His mortal claws are akin to sharp blades, not much thicker than finger nails but much, much more durable and razor sharp.  In his Hybrid Form, these are, well, full on talons meant for tearing shit apart.

Silver (Weakness) Sadly, the stories are true.  Lyonis has an ‘allergy’ to silver.  The more pure, the worse it is.  If he were wearing silver jewelry, he’d be left with a rash.  If it’s worked into a weapon (silver bullets, a blade), he can’t use his healing until it’s taken out of him, and even then it will be stunted.  Cuffs made from silver can hold him in his current shape.  Of course, silver isn’t really a metal that was ever meant to hold an edge, and tends to blunt easily, but Seelie are all sorts of magical, aren’t they?
Calories (Weakness) Lyonis’s metabolism is in overdrive, and his feral nature has him burning calories like crazy, to go along with all of the energy he uses just by… well, being him.  A normal human consumes about 2000 calories a day.  Lyonis needs about 10,000 calories a day to keep his highly energetic pace.  The good news is that he can eat just about anything he wants and not really suffer for poor choices, and indeed he’s been known to enjoy 2 or 3 or 6 Big Macs.  Protein is a must for him, and he has to eat quite a lot of meat in a day.

- Details -
  • The Conclave of Dreams: Foolish.  Like wolves with teeth that are afraid to bite down for fear of hurting something.  There is a natural order to things, and the Conclave wants to ignore it.
  • The Circle of Thorns: This is where he is a part of.  The tools were given to us, why wouldn’t we use them? To ignore them is foolish. 
  • The Assembly of Dusk: Too much.  Too much.  Deep down, perhaps they have the right idea, but they push too hard.  They’ll leave the landscape a barren wasteland through their methods, and there will be nothing left to hunt.
  • S.A.F.E.: Foolish.  Shepherds trying to protect their flock, but wanting to make peace with the wolves instead.  For now, it might suit the wolves needs.  Until they’re hungry again.
  • The Blight: How does your character view The Blight threat, what are they, if anything, attempting / willing to do about it...
  • Operation - Whitelist: How does the character feel about the proposal of the Whitelist...
  • Fay, Kindred & Awakened: It depends on each.  Some are strong, and worth the blood that’s in them.  Other’s are no better than their weaker halves, and should be treated as such.
  • Humans:Like any prey, they are needed.  One goes hungry without something to hunt.  But even if they are cherished and domesticated pets… they’re still just pets. 

Elysian Radiance

And Elaenore is finished and sent in for approval! Fastest CS I've ever completed.

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.

Wispyr

Reviewing sheets currently. Should have the sheet thread up tonight at this rate.

Wispyr

New Creation Blurb: Age. The Seelie do not normally live forever, it largely depends on what they are. Because of this the lifespan of the Seelie varies wildly depending on who you’re talking about. True immortality is rare, and is absolutely a ‘major’ power that needs to be listed. Beyond that elongated life is something that most should have to some degree - unless your particular inspiration doesn’t. In most cases a Seelie should live to be around 500~; if they have an elongated life please list that as one of their minor powers, and detail what you feel like an appropriate ‘cap’ for them is. In the case of actual immortality, again, please list that. On this same note, the Fay live extended human lives and can often see upwards of 250 years. Kindred & Awakened gain no life increase due to their Seelie origins.

This has been added to the character creation section.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Gee, it's almost like he saw my sheet which a 400 year old werewolf, because I copied off a 2000 year old valkyrie. :p

Will change to about 150?

Relikai

bubby

Chreestafer

Sorry, still in for this game, just have work is all.  I'll have something up tomorrow.  Most likely going to play a human mercenary of sorts.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Arcannyx on October 15, 2016, 05:52:44 PM
Gee, it's almost like he saw my sheet which a 400 year old werewolf, because I copied off a 2000 year old valkyrie. :p

Will change to about 150?
I think it was actually mine being a 1000 year old vampire with true immortality. :P

Wispyr

Quote from: bubby on October 15, 2016, 09:53:25 PM
Hhrrmmmm.... *peruses*
You know you waaaaannnnnnaaaaaa

Quote from: Chreestafer on October 15, 2016, 10:04:05 PM
Sorry, still in for this game, just have work is all.  I'll have something up tomorrow.  Most likely going to play a human mercenary of sorts.
No worries, take your time. We're not going anyway :P

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Saphir