Interest Check/Recruitment: Second Chances - A story after Game Over (Exotic NC)

Started by EdwardShane, March 06, 2015, 05:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdwardShane

INTRO

Death.  It is something that, sooner or later, claims everyone, even fictional characters that we often come to grow attached to, and even love.  This is a fact we all know for certain, but what happens to such an individual after they die?  Do they ascend to whatever equivalent of heaven they believe in if they are good, and are banished into their equivalent of hell if they are corrupt?  Are they sent to a waiting room of sorts, becoming placed in a line to await judgement?  Or is the reality of it something completely different?  In the case of video game characters that wind up facing the reality of mortality, it is the final option.  There is a life after game over, after they leave the party for good...but it is hardly the result that any of them might have expected.

There is a place where all worlds do intersect, a dimension that is accessible only when shuffling off one's mortal coil.  This one way trip winds up taking the souls of the departed, and ends with them being placed within a sort of Purgatory, an endless plane of existence.  Regardless of how such characters die, how they acted in life, or any other consideration, they will all wind up in this place in the end.  Some might see it as a second chance, another life in which they might strive to do better than they had in life.  Others may see it as a chance to redeem themselves for what despicable actions they might need to atone for.  Yet others see it as little more than a world that they can try and conquer.  In any event, a second death will result in being destroyed, on a more permanent basis.

Naturally, those with more nefarious intents tend to be more numerous than the heroes.  Those who have spent more time in this place have more power, as this Purgatory initially dampens one's capabilities.  One's full strength may be re-acquired with time, though doing such requires survival.  New arrivals are armed only with what equipment they had available in the moment before their death, and a limited selection of what they had been capable of prior to dying.  In this Purgatory, it truly is survival of the fittest, and safety is often found in numbers.  Especially knowing that not all abilities and items work necessarily work as they had back in their home world...

The question is....how will you survive this so called second chance?

Game Info

The way I picture this game to be is that it is a freeform crossover survival type game that will be open to anyone interested in playing.  Think zombie apocalypse situation, where players may create characters that have, at any given point, died in any video game.  By this I mean that if the credits roll at the end of the game and the character either IS dead or COULD BE dead, they are acceptable.  This includes ones based off of comics/movies/books/etc, and I will do my best to work with those who want to play a character whose death is kind of ambiguous or uncertain.  It is also okay if they return to life at any point, they just have to have died at some point in time.  In the case of multiple deaths, I will need a specific death to be chosen for purposes of character creation.  In general, I would prefer good guys and/or those that are more morally grey such as anti-heroes to be created.  I will accept villains in the end, though I will require a solid reasoning as to why they would cooperate with the group as a whole.  The catch?  Not only are there zombies to worry about, but also every minion, mid-boss, mini-boss, final boss, tough-to-kill-standard-enemy, and so on and so forth bad guy that has EVER died in a video game as well.

This game will be relatively sandboxy, in that the decisions of the players will determine the direction the story will take.  Every choice the group makes counts, as deciding to hunker down and try to fortify a position will create a much different story than deciding to wander in a nomadic fashion.  GM events will certainly occur, and their nature will often be determined by choices the party has made.  At this moment, I am looking for about eight players to join in to start with, each of whom can create two characters at most to play.  Co-gms and/or moderaters may be added if enough people show interest.  While I will encourage creativity, I would prefer that anything relatively major be run by me (and, if applicable, any existing co-gms) as a potential story idea as opposed to simply played out.  The players will make decisions, but the GM(s) will be in charge of revealing the consequences of such decisions, be they good or bad.  The initial players will be brought in through an initial means, but new players beyond that I (and any co-gms) will work with to get into the game.

CHARACTER DEATH IS POSSIBLE IN THIS GAME.  A single poor decision may very well cost someone, or multiple someones, their lives in this game.  It is, after all, a survival based theme!  By joining, you accept the possibility that your character may very well die, and give the okay for the GM(s) to kill off your character should they deem it to be a reasonable course of action based on the decision(s) that have been made by you and/or other players.  However, know that it is NOT my goal to kill the players off, but to help tell a collaborative story with any and all of you who are interested.  Just know that part of this story might involve death.

One last note to make is that not every ability or item used within this realm will work as it had in life.  Don't be surprised when your character's ability that grants invulnerability to damage doesn't work as intended, as one example.

Rules

-Make sure you are at least familiar with the Oath of Drake, if you haven't taken it.
-Respect the O/O's of your fellow players.  If something is questionable, run it by your partner(s) first!
-Follow E's rules and guidelines.
-I will personally try to post at least twice a week.  I would like the other players to strive towards this post goal as well, though once a week is also acceptable.  If it has been a week or more and you have not posted or informed me of something going on, I will PM you to inquire of your interest and activity.  If you have not responded to this PM in a week's time to inform me about your activity, you will be removed from the game.
-That being said, remember that real life is what comes first!  If something is going on, at least let me know that you will be busy and might not be as active, just as I will inform the players if something is going on from my end.  I don't have to know the exact details, but if you're going to be inactive for a time, please give me a time frame so I can work your character out of the scene until you are able to come back.
-Each player (and GM) may create up to two player characters.  This is the most I will ever allow at any given time.
-Unless the character is specifically and canonically transgender within their game of origin, please stick to the character's actual and canonical gender.  (IE, do not turn Aerith into a futa.) 
-In the event of sexual activities occurring, (of which, I have no doubt that there will be at least some of such going on) please take such things into a private thread so as to avoid cluttering the IC and derailing the story.  Nothing kills a good and suspenseful fight scene quite like sexy time posts.
-In the event of PvP, I ask that you try and sort out the results amongst yourselves first and foremost.  If it is unclear of what the end result should be, let me know so I can look over the scene and make a ruling.  DO NOT KILL EACH OTHER'S CHARACTERS WITHOUT YOUR PARTNER'S PERMISSION.
-If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or friendly suggestions, please feel free to PM me.

Tagging

We will be using a tagging system in this game.  The following is the skeleton I would like used, though I do not object to it being tweaked:

[float=left][img height=250]PICTURE URL HERE[/img][/float] [b][size=12pt]CHARACTER NAME HERE[/size][/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]Tagging:[/b]
[b]Doing:[/b]
[b]Warning:[/b]
[hr]

An example:

Samuel Rodrigues
Tagging: All nearby allies, the damn witch
Doing: Trying to kill the thing an ally startled (Damned fool!)
Warning: Language, bloody violence

The Characters

No matter how powerful an individual was before they died, Purgatory will bring them down.  At least, when said character first arrives there.  In essence, it equalizes everyone so that they begin at the same starting point in terms of power.  From there, the power an individual has is based on how long they have survived in these lands.  Initially, many abilities and powers one once had are suppressed, though such abilities will return in time as you stay alive for longer amounts of time and grow acclimated to your surroundings.  In addition, there will be times where you might be able to absorb some power from a vanquished foe, granting you (and potentially allies who may have helped you out) access to new abilities based on who you took down.  No matter what, though...Purgatory will keep everyone who arrived at the same time at the same level of overall power.  As such, newer characters will find that they might not be as strong as characters that have been around longer.  However, no character will be left completely unable to defend themselves in some fashion, and even the newer arrivals will find that they can still fight if necessary and be helpful to the veterans.  Basically, everyone is starting out at literal level one when first arriving in Purgatory.  Please PM completed character sheets to me (and any co-gms, if applicable), as opposed to posting them in this thread.

Character Sheet Skeleton:

[b][u][size=18pt]CHARACTER NAME HERE[/size][/u][/b][float=right][img height=500]IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/float]

[b]General Description:[/b] Describe your character's appearance.

[b]Personality:[/b] The type of person the character is.

[b]Game of Origin:[/b] The game the character comes from (first game they appeared in, if it is a series).

[b]Bio prior to death:[/b] Summary of the character's life story.

[b]Manner of Death:[/b] Who killed the character, and how they died.

[b]Weapons and other gear:[/b] The stuff the character had on hand and available for use when they died.  They get to keep this in Purgatory.

[b]Special Powers/Abilities:[/b] Full list of special things the character could do at the time of their death.

[b]Purgatory Limitations:[/b] Leave this blank.  I (and any other GMs) will fill this in to show you how Purgatory has limited your character's abilities.

[b]Skills:[/b] Any useful things the character might be able to make use of to help him/herself and their allies survive.  IE, knowledge of first aid, being stealthy, knowing how to craft tools or other useful things, etc.

[b]Strengths:[/b] General strong points of the character.  These include both combat and non-combat qualities.

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] General downfalls the character has to deal with.  As above, includes both combat and non-combat qualities.  Try to have one weakness per strength if possible, or at least get as close as you can

Reserved Character List and Corresponding Writer:

Samuel Rodrigeus (AKA Jetstream Sam) - EdwardShane
Xana - EdwardShane
Desmond Miles - aorangi3
Captain Devin Ross - WardenIce

Accepted Character Sheets:

Desmond Miles
Desmond Miles

"In a few short months my life changed forever. I know my easiest days are behind me, but I don't want them back – not now. My name is Desmond Miles, and I am an Assassin. I am an Assassin."
    ―Desmond reflecting on his past, in the Black Room.

General Description:
Age: 25 - Height: 6' - Weight: 195 lbs - Brown hair - Brown eyes
Typically looks like that of any other modern 21st century person, he wears a hooded jacket with and undershirt loose fit pants and has a backpack that he holds things with

Personality:
Desmond was a gruff and cynical individual, who held a serious outlook on life. This was mainly due to him learning of the Templars and Assassins in his youth, and even of their connection to Abstergo, as he was educated to their power and reach during his childhood at the Farm. However, he grew to disbelieve this, eventually dismissing what he was taught as paranoid delusions – and his parents as "conspiracy freaks" – until he was kidnapped and brought to Abstergo.

Despite this, he was not above jesting about his situation, and would occasionally crack jokes, although they rarely elicited a good reaction from anyone. After his emancipation from Abstergo, Desmond's demeanor became considerably more relaxed, and he spent a notable amount of time conversing with Lucy. However, he began to question his sanity after experiencing the Bleeding Effect.

After Lucy's death and the discovery of his confinement in the Black Room, Desmond was overcome with grief and remorse. While trapped in the Black Room, he reflected on his life, his family, and his choice to not be an Assassin. However, Desmond eventually found closure while recalling his past and learning from Ezio and Altaïr's final genetic memories; he came to realize that his easier times were over, and that he had to face the fact that he was an Assassin and not to shy away from it.

Desmond could also be selfless and brave, an example being his decision to save his father from Abstergo, even if he thought of him as an "asshole", as he put it. He also had little issue with taking lives when necessary, evidenced in his conflicts with Abstergo's guards and when he used the Apple to kill Vidic.

Game of Origin: The Assassin creed franchise, made his first appearance in the first Assassin's Creed game in November 2007.

Bio prior to death:
Desmond was born in an Assassin hideout near to the Black Hills, west of Rapid City, in the United States. Known as "the Farm", the hideout was an off-the-grid compound with a population of around thirty people, all leading a nomadic lifestyle. Desmond trained along with the other children of the Farm under the supervision of William Miles, his father, which proved to be extremely intense, often scaring him. He was also instructed to always be wary of their enemies, though as he grew older, Desmond became bored by the war stories of the Assassins and Templars, and underestimated Abstergo's influence over the world as a result. Finally concluding his parents to be little more than conspiracy freaks, he decided to leave the compound. On his sixteenth birthday, Desmond ran away from the Farm. His training proved to be useful, as he was able to outrun and avoid the Assassins who had pursued after him. Following this, Desmond traveled through "the badlands" and hitch-hiked for some time, until he eventually came across a person who advised him to go to New York City, prompting him to leave for the metropolis and blend into the crowds. Desmond eventually gained employment as a bartender at Bad Weather, most likely due to his looks. While he worked there, his specialty drink was the "Shirley Templar", a Shirley Temple cocktail with gin.[3] Wanting to avoid the Assassins, Desmond never used his real name, and made sure to only use cash to purchase items. Over time, he tried to start a new life, but would sometimes begin to miss his family and old friends. Unfortunately for him, Desmond was eventually found by Abstergo, after being traced through a fingerprint which was needed for his motorcycle license. Subsequently, he was kidnapped by the Templars, who brought him to an Abstergo laboratory in Italy. The company then went about erasing all evidence of his abduction.

Since his abduction, Desmond has gone through the gauntlet of conspiracy and intrigue surrounding the continuous fight between the Templars and Assassins. Utilizing his past lives through a machine called the Animus, Desmond has come to understand his role in saving the earth from a natural disaster that his ancestors had warned him about through clues in mythology, art, architecture, literature, etc. He, after some complex adventure and inner enlightenment, learned what it would take to save all that he would love. Even if his every action was manipulated by the ancients.

Manner of Death: Oddly it was by Desmond's own choice that brought his demise, as he sacrificed himself for the world by syncing his DNA into the machine that would prevent it. Though the manipulator of Desmond's choice was Juno, an ancient being that wanted the world under her guidance.

Weapons and other gear: All Desmond had on hand at his demise would be the clothes on his back and backpack that held some of his worldly possessions, like a comm link and cellphone.

Special Powers/Abilities:
Ancestor Retention: Due to the machine known as the Animus, Desmond would be able to remember how to utilize his ancestor's various skills. He developed this in order to combat the side-effect of delving into his memories, which was mental degradation had suffered from being placed in the Animus for an extended period of time. This allows Desmond to utilize his different Ancestor's movements, attacks, and knowledge; because he really did learn them through his individual lives. However, since he died, he was only able to learn the skills of Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor).

Each of the different assassins in the following list have a general abilities list that they all share:

Eagle Vision: Those who possess the gift are able to instinctively sense how people and objects relate to them, which manifests as a colored glow, much like an aura. Red indicates enemies or spilled blood, blue indicates allies, white indicates sources of information or hiding spots, and gold indicates targets or objects of interest. However, as Desmond Miles was – at least initially – unaware of Lucy Stillman's true affiliation with the Templar Order, it suggests the sixth sense is not entirely infallible. When an individual masters Eagle Vision, the ability can evolve to the more advanced Eagle Sense. This stage heightens all the senses of its user, allowing them to detect the heartbeat of a target in the area, or even foresee a target's path. Some individuals also developed exotic variations of the gift, with one application allowing its wielder to peer into the memories of their target upon killing them.
Martial abilities: Each of the different assassins have had extensive training with each of their eras vast weapons, martial arts, and strategy. All of these things in turn give what it means to strike as an assassin. The basic of these abilities follow under step, dodge, counter, disarm, and strike. They all can be utilized through any weapon that the assassins have already, or in the case of disarm they must have nothing in their hand at all in order to utilize the technique. Hand to hand combat is also dependent on the assassin's various era, but they are all centralized around the order. Meaning that even though each assassin has a different version to their style, they all revolve around the same principle of dealing death to their foes. All Assassin have a deep understanding of the Hidden Blade and it's iconic use, though each of the different assassins have a different construction, it has never strayed from it's intended purpose.
Firearms: Oddly enough, all the assassin's had the ability to use firearms. Even the first assassin Altaïr had found a method to it's construction in his old age, and even Desmond has his own proficiency with them. Though it's unclear as to whether Desmond learned this already from his prior training or from his ancestral memories.
Free Running: is a form of acrobatics, in which participants navigate through a landscape by performing fluid movements over and across urban or natural structures. Though for the different assassins, they would take this ability to superhuman levels of skill through
Vertical Movement
In general, vertical movements involved climbing or scaling structures that provided adequate handholds, or a texture rough enough to grip. Inversely, they also allowed one to safely drop down from a height.

Wallpass was the act of climbing a tall wall by kicking its surface once to propel upwards.
    Climb-up was the movement of pulling oneself up onto an obstacle from a hanging position.
    Drop was the act of jumping downwards, after releasing one's grip from a hanging position or bar.
    Long jump was a leap from a high height, and was usually followed by a break fall.
    Climb leap was a vertical jump while holding onto a vertical surface, which allowed one to grab potentially out-of-reach handholds.
    Beam jump was performed from horseback, and allowed one to use the horse's momentum to leap from the saddle, grab a beam, and swing around to either land on it, or on an adjacent one.
    Leap of Faith was performed only by trained Assassins and Abstergo recruits, which involved leaping from a significant height onto a cushioned material.
or
Horizontal Movement
Horizontal movements generally involved moving over large distances such as swimming, sprinting, running or walking, or methods that allowed one to clear obstacles, such as gaps or breaks.

Swing was a movement in which one swung onto a bar and let go, enabling one to grab another object or drop to the ground.
    Pass involved quickly and smoothly passing over medium sized obstacles.
    Break fall was a forward roll where the hands, arms, and diagonal of the back made contact with the ground.
    Arm jump was to land on the side of an obstacle in a hanging position, hands gripping the top edge and holding the body in place.
    Back eject was to jump backwards from a hanging position onto an opposite structure.
    Gap jump was performed similarly to a long jump, except over an open expanse between two relatively level areas.
    Precision jump was a moving jump from one object to a specific spot on another object, usually with a small surface.
    Dive was only used with merchant stalls, where one jumped hands-first through an open stall and used a roll to get back up quickly.
    Spring jump could only be done using a springboard, such as those in the Oltrarno District of Florence. It allowed one to jump forward twice as far, through the external force of the device.
    Corner swing was when one would sharply turn a corner, by jumping forward and grabbing onto a lantern (or any other fixture) mounted on a building's corner, then using one's momentum to swing on it.
    Vault was to use one's own momentum to pass over or slide under obstacles.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
(1165 – 1257) was a Syrian-born member of the Levantine Brotherhood of Assassins and served as their Mentor from 1191 until his death in 1257. During his tenure as Mentor, Altaïr made several discoveries and inventions that greatly helped the Order's progression. His leadership saw to the spread of the Assassins' influence in the Old World.

Raised to be an Assassin from birth, Altaïr became a Master Assassin at age 25, the youngest ever to obtain the rank. He failed to recover an Apple of Eden from Robert de Sable in July 1191 and subsequently allowed the Templars to attack the town of Masyaf, headquarters of the Assassins. For this, he was demoted to the rank of novice and sent on a quest for redemption.

Tasked with the deaths of nine individuals who, unbeknownst to him, made up the ranks of the Templar Order in the Holy Land, Altaïr began a quest to change his ways and liberate the Kingdom from their corruption. During his quest however, Altaïr learned of a plot far more sinister than he originally believed. In completing his mission, he also cleansed the Order of its treacherous leader Al Mualim. Altaïr thereafter became Mentor, taking the Assassins in a new, more secretive direction.

With the Apple in hand, Altaïr changed the way members of his Order lived their lives, writing the details in his fabled Codex for later generations of the Order to read. Altaïr's vision of the Assassin Order was for them to be spread across the world, living among the people, and he began establishing many Assassins Guilds during his tenure as Mentor. Throughout his travels, Altaïr strengthened his Order, stopping various Templar plots over the years as well as halting the inexorable march of Genghis Khan. Altaïr is an ancestor to Desmond Miles, through the maternal line.
The original and first assassin that Desmond revealed in his ancestry, Altaïr would begin taking the path of what the first Civilization had left in their disappearance. Ultimately exposing the templar order for what it was and truly beginning the war between the two factions. His abilities serve the foundation for all the assassins, as it was his order that founded them.
The three tenets
Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent:The goal of the Assassins was to ensure peace in all things. The Assassins believed that political assassinations and the death of the corrupt would bring peace and a true sense of security to the common people. Slaying innocents and civilian bystanders who did not need to die could spread strife and discord, in addition to ruining the name of the Assassin Order itself.
Hide in plain sight:Be unseen. The Assassins' aim was to get close to their target stealthily, and escape just as quickly. In more ancient times, Assassins aimed to perform ostentatious, awe-inspiring assassinations, usually in public. The greatest illusion from such an assassination was that the Assassin seemingly materialized from nowhere, killed a corrupt public figure, and vanished into the depths of the crowd or environment. If an Assassin was spotted stalking their target, the supernatural effect would be diluted, and it became more difficult for the Assassin to reach his target.
Never compromise the Brotherhood: The actions of one must never bring harm to all. If an Assassin failed in his or her duty, and was captured or chased, he or she must never commit any action or say anything that could be tied back to the Brotherhood, or bring harm to any member of it.
of the actual Assassin's creed is the original thought process behind the assassins, though from Altaïr's standpoint he has demonstrated a particular philosophy that for most (including himself) other assassins could not comprehend.

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

In detail, he explained that "To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

This is all to explain what Desmond truly learns from this particular assassin: Discipline, faith, and wisdom. Pure and simple. Desmond has learned these ultimate traits from his ancestor through his failures and triumphs. Giving Desmond an sage-like view of the world.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ezio Auditore da Firenze
(1459 – 1524) was a Florentine nobleman during the Renaissance, and, unbeknownst to most historians and philosophers, the Mentor of the Italian Brotherhood of Assassins, a title which he held from 1503 to 1513. He is also an ancestor to William and Desmond Miles, as well as Clay Kaczmarek.

A member of the House of Auditore, Ezio remained unaware of his Assassin heritage until the age of 17, when he witnessed the hanging of his father and two brothers, Federico and Petruccio. Forced to flee his birthplace with his remaining family members - his mother and sister - Ezio took refuge in the Tuscan town of Monteriggioni, at the Villa Auditore.

After learning of his heritage from his uncle, Mario Auditore, Ezio began his Assassin training and set about on his quest for vengeance against the Templar Order, and their Grand Master, Rodrigo Borgia, who had ordered the execution of his kin.

During his travels, Ezio managed to not only unite the pages of the Codex, written by Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad, Mentor of the Levantine Assassins, but also to save the cities of Florence, Venice, and Rome from Templar rule.

He ensured the future travels of Christoffa Corombo to the "New World", liberated Rome from Borgia rule, and prevented the rise to power of Ercole Massimo's Cult of Hermes, helping spread the Renaissance and Assassin ideals of independence and free will throughout Italy.

In the years that followed, Ezio began a quest to rediscover the lost history of the Order. Traveling to the aged fortress of Masyaf in order to learn more of the Assassins before him, he discovered it overrun with Templars and made his way to the city of Constantinople to uncover the location of the Masyaf keys which, as he discovered, would unlock the fortress's fabled hidden library when brought together.

A decade later, Ezio had retired and resided in a Tuscan villa with his wife, Sofia Sartor, and his two children; Flavia and Marcello. Some time after helping teach the Chinese Assassin Shao Jun the ways of the Order, Ezio died of a heart attack at the age of 65, during a visit to Florence with his wife and daughter.
What Ezio brings to the table of knowledge is the ability to work with medicines and poisons, utilizing a duo-hidden blade style of fighting, a working knowledge of grenades and various mixtures, a proficiency with armor, and a degree of Italian charm. He is far more quick thinking than Altair and can utilize contraptions that he has never used, this is due to his friendship with Leonardo Da Vinci. Some of which are parachutes, flying gliders, and even the precursor to tank warfare.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor)
(1756 – unknown), often known by the adopted name of Connor, was a Kanien'kehá:ka Assassin during the period of the American Revolutionary War, and is an ancestor of Desmond Miles, through the paternal line.[2]

Ratonhnhaké:ton was born to the Templar Haytham Kenway and Kaniehtí:io, a Kanien'kehá:ka woman from the village of Kanatahséton. In 1760, while he was still a young child, he was assaulted by Charles Lee and other members of the Templar Order seeking the spirit sanctuary his people guarded, and then watched as his village burned down and his mother died.

Growing up concerned by the outside world's impact on his people, Ratonhnhaké:ton joined the Assassin Order to prevent the Templars from returning. Finding the Templars had all but destroyed the Colonial Assassins, Ratonhnhaké:ton convinced Achilles Davenport to train him. Using Connor as an adopted pseudonym, he revitalized the Order by recruiting craftsmen to renovate the Davenport Homestead and the Assassin ship, the Aquila. Robert Faulkner subsequently trained him to captain the ship, while Ratonhnhaké:ton inducted six more Assassins into the Order.

In hunting the Templars, Ratonhnhaké:ton aided the Patriot movement and protected George Washington – unwittingly becoming an important figure in the American Revolution. However, he was conflicted by wanting to reconcile with his father, despite Achilles' warnings as to the futility of uniting the Assassin and Templar philosophies, which ultimately had tragic consequences when it became clear Haytham refused to stop protecting Lee.

Upon learning that it was Washington, not Lee, who had burned his village, Ratonhnhaké:ton became disillusioned with the Revolutionaries, but continued using them to aid in the eradication of the Templars. He reluctantly accepted Washington's request for help investigating Benedict Arnold and then in disposing of an Apple of Eden he had recovered. The latter incident saw Ratonhnhaké:ton trapped in an alternate reality constructed by the Apple, one wherein Washington ruled as king through tyranny. Eventually, Ratonhnhaké:ton escaped this reality and disposed of the Apple.
Far more the deadlier physical fighter of the big three, Conner has developed a more spiritual aspect of Eagle vision through his Indian heritage. This gives him a more natural aspect when in woodland areas, allowing him to hunt animals as well as people. In turn, Desmond learns how to hunt and preserve natural game, and through Connor's woodland aspect of free running, gives Desmond a more natural take on the ability. Able to traverse trees, hills, mountains, rivers, etc. Also through Conner, Desmond knows how to sail and captain a ship. Through this ancestor, Desmond's fighting prowess intensifies into a more brutal efficient style of fighting. Making him quicker, fiercer,  and more than likely to go for the kill. Also Desmond learns more of the woodland's colonial era technology. Able to utilize any of the different weapons and hunting implements that Connor was associated with, such as muskets and tomahawks.

Purgatory Limitations: The ambient energies of Purgatory will initially have a clouding effect on Desmond's mind, blocking many of his memories and skills.  Currently, the only of the three ancestors he seems capable of remembering is Ezio, and even then it's only bits and pieces of important events in his life.  However, Desmond has access to the knowledge concerning medicines and poisons.  Furthermore, other restrictions apply as follows:
-Eagle Vision is limited to only being capable of determining whether individuals in his vicinity are neutral, enemies, or allies.
-Of the martial skills, Counter and Disarm are not available as of yet.
-With firearms, Desmond currently has only his own personal proficiency with them at the beginning. 
-Vertical Freerunning is not accessible at this time.  However, the entirety of Horizontal Freerunning is available.

Skills: More detailed above, Desmond has learned various combative techniques, healing techniques, survival techniques, and stealth techniques. As well as Free-running.
Strengths: Desmond's original strengths were that he was always calm, even under pressure from Abstergo when he was initially abducted. His personality is very fluid, meaning that he is open to different race, religons, etc. More-so due to his experiences within the Animus. His assassin's give him additional strengthening characteristics through their own experience that Desmond has learned. Additional info see above.

Weaknesses: The main weakness that Desmond has is ironically the reason why he has utilized his ancestral retention to begin with. As he learns more of his ancestor's various dynamics he falls prey to the bleeding effect. Which this effect scrambles his memories in a collective rat's nest, which usually brings him to a coma. Due to his experience with the effect before, he has the ability to repair himself during this time, making him vulnerable in long periods when it truly strikes. Other wise he starts to experience the tell-tale signs of hallucinations brought on by his past ancestors in real-world moments. This more than not, distracts him and leaves him vulnerable to attack. As long as he trains his body to sync with the effect, Desmond can mitigate this mental degradation.
Risk Taker:As Desmond has utilized his different strengths and skills of his past ancestors it has given him great results, however, he has also gained a sort of arrogance to approaching challenges thanks to this. He will take more chances in dangerous situations that may potentially mean his downfall, depending on the event.

Diesel Heart

scribus1000

I like. Though I think I've got too many group games on my plate at the moment, I'm gonna bookmark this and follow up...
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Ontan

Definitely interested! At some point I'll be making a character for this, though I might wait and see what everyone else comes up with first.

EdwardShane

Quote from: WardenIce on March 06, 2015, 05:47:01 PM
Posting Interest. Character will be added later.

Good to see you interested, Warden! 

Quote from: scribus1000 on March 06, 2015, 05:58:52 PM
I like. Though I think I've got too many group games on my plate at the moment, I'm gonna bookmark this and follow up...

Understandable.  Feel free to keep tabs on this :)

Quote from: Ontan on March 06, 2015, 07:45:59 PM
Definitely interested! At some point I'll be making a character for this, though I might wait and see what everyone else comes up with first.

Glad to see you're also interested!  I can understand wanting to wait.  So far the only characters listed are my two, which boils down to cyborg samurai and a spellcaster type demoness.  The latter actually isn't really evil, either, so she'd fit in with the good guys in the end.

aorangi3

Will be playing Desmond Miles from the Assassin creed franchise. INTEREST, INTEREST, interest, interest.... Check
So grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

EdwardShane

Quote from: aorangi3 on March 06, 2015, 07:53:39 PM
Will be playing Desmond Miles from the Assassin creed franchise. INTEREST, INTEREST, interest, interest.... Check

All righty.  Adding that to the reserve list, then.  Good to have you

EdwardShane

Updated, adding an accepted characters list where I will fill in the limitations that purgatory initially places on the characters.  These limitations will lessen and eventually disappear entirely if the character survives enough encounters, in addition to further ability gains that might occur.

As a side note, if this game doesn't get enough interest for a full-on group game, I would be willing to try running it as more of a small group deal with those of you who are interested.  Please do let me know if this is something you'd be up for doing, even with only a few writers involved.  If nothing else, multiple characters and/or NPCs could certainly be arranged to fill out the group that is being put to the test a bit more.