News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Werewolf 3; VILLAGERS WIN!!

Started by Galactic Druid, May 29, 2016, 06:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derwaysh

Quote from: yugi006 on June 13, 2016, 06:11:08 PM
The problem with that is I have none. I haven't contacted anyone via pms nor have I formed any alliances with anyone so all I have is what I have said and done in game which is voted fro two people who ended up being villagers. So defending myself would be pointless cause I won't be able to.All I can say is that I'm a villager.

I'm simply curious... why not? Thus far I have liaised with a number of people and I'm sure many have here as well. Of course you don't have to publicly disclose it but if I were you, at this very moment I'll be trying to pm folks hither and thither, whilst sharing all the reasons publicly why I'm not the fur-bearing type. :o

Also... here's what Guy said pertaining to Lycan/Wolfman/Priest dilemma.

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on April 06, 2015, 12:50:34 PM
The Priest - This player has a vial of holy water. Once Per game, they can use this ability to douse a player just as they are about to be lynched. This will reveal the player to be  either a werewolf, a vampire, or a member of the village team. It will not reveal special roles. If the player is revealed to be a villager, they are not lynched.

The Lycan - This player is on the Village Team, but they appear as a werewolf to the Seer.

The Wolfman - Often used in variant games, this werewolf can pass for human well enough to reveal as a regular villager to the Seer.
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Seranova

We're gonna need some clarification on this, I think. I'm reading it as it would reveal the wolfman as a wolf, but not state that it was a special role. Opposite for the lycan. Am I correct in this?
Sera's Ons/Off's
Hello darkness, my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.

yugi006

Quote from: Derwaysh on June 13, 2016, 06:16:05 PM
I'm simply curious... why not? Thus far I have liaised with a number of people and I'm sure many have here as well. Of course you don't have to publicly disclose it but if I were you, at this very moment I'll be trying to pm folks hither and thither, whilst sharing all the reasons publicly why I'm not the fur-bearing type. :o

Also... here's what Guy said pertaining to Lycan/Wolfman/Priest dilemma.

Usually I do and but for once I thought I'd try being the one contacted instead of contacting people which no one has contacted me at all.

I've read that but it's a little vague since the Seer sees the Wolfman as a villager and Lycan as a wolf so I thought perhaps the priests power might work the same way especially since a previous game I've played here when you were killed i didn't reveal your actual affiliation for Wolfman and Lycan like roles.

Madame Professor

Since I'll be busy tomorrow, I'm going to throw my vote to Yugi. Waaaay to selfless there. It's not too "early" game for the Priest to come forward when the chances of them surviving starts to dwindle. Using the power before the Alpha's power is activated though would defeat the purpose. This individual would be completely vetted. It's the BEST thing for the village.

And, the Priest gives the TRUE AFFILIATION of an individual. So the Lycan would be a confirmed on team Village. The Wolfman would show as a Werewolf. Regardless of their power.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

yugi006

Quote from: Madame Professor on June 13, 2016, 06:28:47 PM
And, the Priest gives the TRUE AFFILIATION of an individual. So the Lycan would be a confirmed on team Village. The Wolfman would show as a Werewolf. Regardless of their power.

We'll have to wait on Guy's confirmation on that and on whether or not when lynched or death reveals their true affiliation too.

Quote from: Madame Professor on June 13, 2016, 06:28:47 PM
Since I'll be busy tomorrow, I'm going to throw my vote to Yugi. Waaaay to selfless there. It's not too "early" game for the Priest to come forward when the chances of them surviving starts to dwindle. Using the power before the Alpha's power is activated though would defeat the purpose. This individual would be completely vetted. It's the BEST thing for the village.

I do see your point on using it before the Alpha uses their power but we can never be completely sure on whether the alpha used their power or not already. It's up to the priest whether or not he or she will use their power or not. If I were the priest I'd save it for later.

Just know that your vote will be wasted on me.

Mintprincess

I'm just going to throw down my vote now as well.   Yugi.  I don't at all understand the logic of not wanting the priest to vet you.  The chances that the wolves didn't use their power night 2, when no one died and the healer was used night 1 is pretty slim, and they didn't use it night 3.   Vetting right now to add people to the growing list of villagers is exactly what we need to be doing. 

Esoteric Myobi

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

yugi006

I may not want to be vetted but I may have no choice in the matter. I'd rather save that power for someone who has a special power if that person is going to be lynched.

Regardless of the outcome of what happens you will all know who to look at when I come up as villager the next day begins which will be the ones who voted for me.

At this point in time I'm inclined to believe that Mint is on the village team even though she could have saved Amber from death as she had the deciding vote. I could have as well by not changing my vote to Amber which is why I'm not denying that I voted for two innocent villagers which was my mistake.

So my vote will be for Katkwik.

Derwaysh

Quote from: yugi006 on June 13, 2016, 08:02:53 PM
So my vote will be for Katkwik.

XD XD XD

I've been wanting to vote for Mr. Porcupine but Mr. Porcupine doesn't play this game and apparently you can only lynch folks who are in the game... or you know... arouse your suspicions.

Therefore I would like to know... why Kat?
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Clio

Alright. I'll admit that the past couple of days have been busy and weird for me, but I have been quiet on purpose before that because I'm not sure what to say or do.

I'm totally the Gangrel Scourge.

This is the right game, right?

All joking aside, I'm team village, but I suck at this game. I'm not claiming newbie status anymore, but I'm still awful at werewolf. I'm trying to get better, but I've been wrong at every single lynching vote. I know that I'm coming off shady as crap because of this, but I'm not sure how to redeem myself. I'm going to go with my gut and vote for Saffron.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

yugi006

Quote from: Derwaysh on June 13, 2016, 08:18:51 PM
XD XD XD

I've been wanting to vote for Mr. Porcupine but Mr. Porcupine doesn't play this game and apparently you can only lynch folks who are in the game... or you know... arouse your suspicions.

Therefore I would like to know... why Kat?

Well she hasn't said anything useful that would help the village. She has mainly been saying what others have already said.

KatKwik

*Rubs eyes and looks baffled*

Um! Yugi?

Well it seems we're throwing random accusations today to provoke reactions.

So my thoughts so far...

Reading through everything I've the past couple days is overwhelming, because a lot seemed to be based in theory rather than actual reasoning.

So to summarise we know that the seer and bodyguard have been actively vetting people.

The healer has used their power

If I'm to go the lynching block then I would want the priest to save me.

When there is so much information out there because Yugi needed that, he opts instead to go where he thinks there's none? Now that's baffling indeed.

I will continue to be consistent as I still feel there is a connection on Team Aiden...Remi still smells wet dog to me.

So I vote Saffron

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

Intimate Ink

This round has been more than a little bit… confusing for me, and I feel that it is far from resolved.  Votes need to be cast, though, so I am trying my best to shuffle through the information that I have.

First, I share the suspicion of those who think that Saffron might be the wolf(wo)man.  I’ve been suspicious of her from the start, and while I’ve had to stop in my tracks with the new information presented, I’m definitely not completely over it.  Unfortunately, that means while I’ve not been convinced of her innocence, I HAVE been convinced that she will ‘show’ innocent at a lynching. 

Honestly, even if I had some magical game-breaking power that proved to me her one hundred percent guilt right now, I’d have to think twice before voting for her. Why?  Because that would not broadcast any sort of objective truth that people could agree on. We still have zero confirmed wolves; at this juncture, I’d rather make a move that will hopefully tell me something that I do not currently know.  I feel quite certain a vote for Saffron will not do that; if she is lynched I believe she will show innocent, and we will all still be left arguing ‘was she’ or ‘wasn’t she’.

In regards to the priest possibly using their power on her… well… there seems to be a much better option that I would tend to go for, which I have commented on below.

Other than Saffron voters, then, when I look at people that I tend towards trusting, I see them concentrating around Yugi and Myobi.  I have to say that I’m really interested in what Myobi’s status shows due to my aforementioned suspicions of Saffron;  I also have to join in the chorus of people who are left uncomfortable with Yugi’s vocal request not to be vetted.  A lot of times, all it takes is a few confirmed town people so the villagers feel safe trusting information to them.  That information adds up quickly when filtered under eyes that no one doubts. That quickly gives the edge to the village.  What Yugi says makes me suspicious, because while I don’t know him that well, I would have tended to think he would share my opinion in that.

I do see a… complication with voting for Yugi, though:  If Seranova’s suspicion that Yugi is the Wolfman is true, unfortunately, I once again have to ask myself… what answers is a lynching going to give us?  Another ‘you’ve lynched a villager’ and a bunch of us arguing over whether “we got one (a wolf)” or not?   

I would want to confirm with Guy, but if a priest uses their power and we get to see what the results would be BEFORE their power got used and then AFTER it got used:  I can see every reason to use it on Yugi, despite that Yugi is asking us not to.  After all: that means it would show us if Seranova’s suspicion that Yugi is the Wolfman is correct.  If Yugi was the Wolfman, in turn, it would obviously mean Saffron could not be the Wolfman.  Consequently: I would be the first to admit that my suspicions were misplaced.

Obviously, if Yugi was lynched and then doused by the priest and NOT shown as the Wolfman… well… my concern about Saffron would remain unchanged, but at least we would hopefully have a confirmed villager to filter our suspicions and information through.

I’m… going to hold off on voting just yet after all that.  I want to see what Guy has to say about the Priest power, and see if anyone points out any flaws in my logic that I am missing.  (The typist is on the latter end of a 12 hour night shift at the moment, so some sort of delirium might be setting

Galactic Druid

Just checking, do you still need further clarification ?

I'm at work right now, so I can draft up a vote count list, but there are about 8 hours left in the day phase!!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

NightOwl35

Ok, so I'm just gonna say that last night was a bit rough, after games with some people here, so I'm rather tired and want to get this in on the off chance I end up forgetting to later.

I haven't seen an update on the votes at all this entire day phase, so I figure now is as good a time as ever:

Lynching Votes

Yugi - 4 (Seranova, Mintprincess, Derwaysh, Madame Professor)

Saffron - 4 (Rel Mayer, KatKwik, Christa, Deamonbane)

Esoteric Myobi - 2 (Remiel, Aiden)

Mintprincess - 1 (Saffron)

Aiden - 1 (Esoteric Myobi)

KatKwik - 1 (Yugi)

Yet to vote: NigthOwl, Intimate Ink, Sunshine Sparkle, EmyKat

Approximately 8 hours left to vote!

Hmm...I must say that I'm rather...conflicted on who to vote for. I'm going through all the options in my head currently and it's a real conflict. I don't entirely trust Saffron or Myobi. Then there's Yugi who wants the Priest to hold on to their power.

The one thing I'm going back to the most right now is Seranova's timeline of events. If I believe the timeline to be accurate, then the best bet I feel would be to have the Priest douse someone who they feel is an unknown. I still feel as if anyone could have been turned and as such trusting anyone for me right now is mostly going out on blind faith.

Still if I feel that the Alpha has turned someone, then the best course at this point, I feel, would be for the Priest to douse someone and the bodyguard protect one of the two people. So with that, I'm going to tentatively vote for Yugi on the thoughts that if the Alpha did turn someone, then Priest is a good way to find at least a villager in this mess, or maybe a wolf. This all really depends though on what the Priest feels, so who knows what will happen. I'm unsure if I'll be back in time to change my vote as man I'm not feeling this whole awake thing right now, but I'll try and keep my eyes on the thread.

So with my vote, the tally currently looks like this.

Lynching Votes

Yugi - 5 (Seranova, Mintprincess, Derwaysh, Madame Professor, NightOwl)

Saffron - 4 (Rel Mayer, KatKwik, Christa, Deamonbane)

Esoteric Myobi - 2 (Remiel, Aiden)

Mintprincess - 1 (Saffron)

Aiden - 1 (Esoteric Myobi)

KatKwik - 1 (Yugi)

Yet to vote: Intimate Ink, Sunshine Sparkle, EmyKat

Approximately 8 hours left to vote!

Edit: Forgot to take my name off the "Yet to vote" area on the second list.

Intimate Ink

OOC:  Ugh, joining NightOwl's sentiment about not wanting to be up right now.  Stupid morning light in the eyes.

Gonna keep this short since my thoughts are reflected here.

Since the Priest is not going to give that information, I feel I'm back to square one in 'good options'.

I'd rather vote for Myobi right now since I'm not convinced Yugi's death will tell us anything with the Wolfman question, but unless there is some last minute vote switching it looks like, realistically, it's between Saffron and Yugi.  I KNOW Saffron's death won't tell me anything and we'll be left quibbling over whether we got the Wolfman or not; I fear Yugi's will also but I have far less certainty about that.  Consequently, I will go with Yugi.  If I am awake to see some new life in the Myobi vote I'll strongly consider switching (I can not say 'definitely' since if certain people switched their vote I'd be more concerned than if others did.)

Given the choice between someone whose lynching I KNOW won't tell me anything vs.  someone I fear won't tell me anything, though?  I have to go with the smaller risk of the two.

Rel Mayer

I really don't think Yugi is a wolf... I mean, this post is nothing more than me just explaining my doubts... But...

I dunno. I don't really see his posts being suspicious. Maybe I'm completely wrong though, because I have been accused of being the reddest blue player around, but my gut is telling me he's innocent.

Remiel

I just wanted to add that whether we end up lynching Yugi or Saffron, I really think the Priest should use their ability today.

Madame Professor

Quote from: Remiel on June 14, 2016, 02:54:14 PM
I just wanted to add that whether we end up lynching Yugi or Saffron, I really think the Priest should use their ability today.

+1
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Autumn Sativus

If the Priest is going to out themselves today regardless and use their ability, they should do so and make sure the vote swings the way of the person they want to use their ability on.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

yugi006

So here is the clarification that Guy made in case anyone missed it. If the priest uses his or her power on anyone it will show their true affiliation so if that person was a Wolfman it would show up as Wolf and Villager for Lycan but will not reveal any special roles so you won't know if that person was the Wolfman or Lycan so you will still be left wondering.

In case of lynching what will be revealed is what the Seer sees if he or she were to scry them. So if that person was the Wolfman that person would come up as villager and Lycan would show up as wolf if either of those where lynched. This means that either Amber or Vera could have been the Wolfman but that is a really small chance and I don't think that is the case.

Although I'm willing to sacrifice myself to help the villagers win I will say that there are better choices to vote and use the priest power on since most of the other choices have alliances with others so you know who to go after next. If the priest power is used on me then who will we go after next? I'm not connected with anyone which leaves everyone to their own suspicions once again without the power of the priest.

Clio

Unless the priest has already been killed. There's no way for us to know that, right?
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Remiel

Quote from: Christa on June 14, 2016, 03:27:01 PM
Unless the priest has already been killed. There's no way for us to know that, right?

It's a fair point.

Autumn Sativus

People claim to be in talks with said Priest, or at least claimed Priest.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Mintprincess

Quote from: Saffron on June 14, 2016, 03:32:32 PM
People claim to be in talks with said Priest, or at least claimed Priest.

So you know who the priest is then?  You've encouraged them to come out and do the vetting this round?