[oWoD] Transylvania by Night

Started by mystictiger, January 01, 2011, 08:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mystictiger

This is a land of legends. Generations to come will whisper of a haunted, vampire-plagued land. Over the centures of the Long Night, Cainite elders will speak of ancient dangers in the lands beyond the forest. The Voivodate of Transylvania will one night become the land where Vlad Tepes visits his retribution against invading Turks, where Romanians curse the oppression of the Hungarians and Szeklers, where gypsies slave under the yoke of their masters. But those stories and whispers are for another time. This is the story of a group of Cainites, summoned to the twin cities of Buda and Pest by their sires for an unknown task.

-
Basic Information
This will be a play-by-post forum game based on the Dark Ages Vampire setting, starting in about 1200, but progressing through at least until the 1600s and maybe beyond.

This is a recruitment thread; places will be distributed based on the fun-ness of the concept not on who signs up first. If you wish to apply for a spot, PM me your concept. Only if / when it's been OKed will I ask you to post it in the game thread.

I am looking for six players at most.

This will be a Vampire game. Therefore, non-vampire characters should be in a distinct minority (in other words, there'll be on spot for a shifter and one for a 'something else').

My bias is that of a table-top and IM roleplayer. I therefore favour interaction over description. When posting, I will spend more time coming up with fun and interesting ways for NPCs to act and speak and so on rather than spending a lot of time writing florid prose.

I aim to make this game intrigue-heavy. How will I do this? You will each have personal, 'family', and clan agendas. You will be expected to further your agendas at the same time as you are expected to complete the 'Mysterious Task' set to you by your sires. This may well lead you into conflict with other NPCs and PCs. Remember - in the Dark Medieval world, you don't have friends, merely allies.

In the event that combat takes place, I'll run it via IM. If you win, then you'll write up the combat in your post. If you lose, then I will. I generally won't take control of PCs, but if you have NPC retainers / allies, then they're fair game.

Character Creation
The following clans are unacceptable:
-Caitiff
-Baali
-Capadocian

A character from the minor bloodlines may be acceptable, but it is unlikely.

The following books are acceptable
-Core book
-Player's guide to the low clans
-Player's guide to the high clans
-Spoils of War
-Right of Princes
-And of the Road books.

Game Rules
Metagaming or use of knowledge of the future of the setting will be penalised. If you have a problem with this, don't sign up.
The oWoD Dark Ages setting is one that stirs up a lot of feelings and personal preferences. Merely because an event happens in the books doesn't mean it will happen in this game. I will generally follow the feel and content of oWoD as published, but it is my game. Do not tell me what I can or cannot do. If you have a problem with this, don't sign up.
At heart, I'm a cyberpunk GM. I will therefore -always- have a bigger stick. You should therefore expect to fight smart rather than fight hard.
If you have a problem, question, a request, or anything like that, PM me. Despite there being a rules section, I'm fairly easy going.
Want a system game? I got system games!

Senti

Well you know my interest....I will discuss PM if thats good with you about my character.

mystictiger

I thus far have several concepts that I like the look of.

I have space for one or two more people interested in playing Vampires.

Sephora

Don't let the opening post harshness scare you, MysticTiger is a top notch GM who is incrediably laid back and open to suggestions.  The level of action, comedy, and all around sense of accomplishment of his rp's is unparallel to almost any online GM i've dealt with.

Also, no breasts are safe...and he smells like exotic cheese. 

fallensaviour

oh right i should probably say in this thread i'm interested :P so i'm assuming basic creation rules? and that rules thing reminds me of why i didnt play in one of the first games my now favorite gm ran...also it was shadowrun...and i just dont feel that system...you know

mystictiger

Character creation is going to be according to the basic DA rulebook. So if you're used to playing V:tM, you'll be in for a pleasant surprise regarding generation!

As to the rule thing, it's meant in the following way: if you min-max your character, I (and hopefully the other PCs) will pick on your weakness.

There's now a game thread up.