Possible stat based Gladiator game

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, March 31, 2007, 12:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

Gladiator

Story backdrop;  You live for the roar of the crowds of the coliseum.  The unabated adulteration of reverence to your might and skill.   You are owned, mere property a slave to be precise.  However you live like a king,  pampered in such a way.    You dine on the most succulent pieces of meat, drink the finest wines and enjoy the spoils of woman with each victory.    For to the victor go the rewards.    It is a time of  strength, a time of glory, it is Rome gladiatorial pits.

Game Mechanics; The mechanics of the game will be using  warhammer stats and mechanics. 

Starting stats  Gladiator -  M 6,  WS 3,  BS 3, S 3, T 3, W 3,  I 3, A 1, LD 5 (popularity),  Save ___

Each gets 20 points to  spend  in creation.  From raising a stat (only one stat can be improved at creation.)  To buy equipment and or skills.

Stat increase costs 10 for 1

Weapons - 

Bare hand -  free  (adds +1 to save, so if target has no save they get a 6+ save)
Daggers –  2pts  (adds +1 to save, so if target has no save they get a 6+ save)
One handed weapons – 5pts
Swords -  7pts (one handed, can attempt parry.)
Two handed weapons – 15pts  (strike last, but +2 to strength.)  Cannot use with another weapon or bucker, shield.
Pole  weapon – 10 pts.  (always strike first even if charged.  If used two handed grants +1 str bonus)  Spear,  Glaive, Trident.
Net – 7 pts ( a net fighter confers –1 to attack to opponent, minimum down to 1 attack.)

If use two weapons you get a +1 A to your profile.

Armor –

None – free  no save
Tunic -  2 pts  no save
Light armor – 5pts 6+ save
Breast plate  - 5pts  (+1 to save thus a 6+ save making it  a 5+ save)
Vambraces – 5pts  (+1 to save thus a 6+ save making it  a 5+ save)
Greaves – 5 pts (+1 to save thus a 6+ save making it  a 5+ save)
Helmet – 3 pts ( Ignore stunning blows)
Buckler – 3 pts ( parry one attack a round, make reverse attack roll an if succeed have parried the attack)
Small shield – 5 pts (+1 to save thus a 6+ save making it  a 5+ save)
Large shield – 10 pts  ( +2 to save thus a 6+ save is now 4+, it also cause a person to strike last in the round unless charging.)

Regardless of the bonus a  roll of 1 always means you have failed your save.

Skills sets –  The first skill selected from a skill set costs 5 pts for the skill set and 5 pts for the skill selected.  Additional skills in the skill set at just the 5 pts.

combat skills

Strike to Injure. The warrior can land his blows with uncanny accuracy. Add +1 to all injury rolls caused by the model in hand-to-hand combat.

Combat Master. The warrior is able to take on several opponents at once. If he fights against more than one enemy at a time, he gains an extra Attack in
each hand-to-hand combat phase as long as he is fighting two or more enemy.

Web of Steel. Few can match the ability of this warrior. He fights with great skill, weaving a web of steel around him. The model gains +1 to all his rolls
on Critical Hit tables in hand-to-hand combat.

Expert Swordsman. This warrior has been expertly taught in the art of swordsmanship. He may re-roll all missed attacks if he is using a sword charges. Note that this only applies when they are armed with normal swords, and not with two-handed swords.

Step Aside. The warrior has a natural ability to avoid injury in combat. Each time he suffers a wound in close combat he may make an additional saving throw of 5+. This save is never modified and is taken after all other armour saves.

strength skills

Mighty Blow. The warrior knows how to use his strength to maximum effect and has a +1 Strength bonus in close combat.

Resilient. The warrior is covered in battle scars. Deduct -1 Strength from all hits against him in close combat. This does not affect armour save modifiers.

Strongman. The warrior is capable of great feats of strength. He may use a double-handed weapon without the usual penalty of always striking last. Work
out order of battle as you would with other weapons.

speed skills

Lightning Reflexes. If the warrior is charged he will ‘strike first’ against those that charged that turn. Asthe charger(s) will also normally ‘strike first’ (for
charging), the order of attack between the charger(s) and the warrior with this skill will be determined by comparing Initiative values.

Jump Up. The warrior can regain his footing in an instant, springing to his feet immediately if he is knocked down  and attack no penaltiy.

Dodge. A warrior with this skill is nimble and as fast as quicksilver. He can avoid any hits on on a D6 roll of 5

Experience awards

Win 1 pt
Live 1 pt

If you die, then no experience your dead.

Leadership(popularity)

Leadership(popularity) cannot be raised with experience.  For every three victories a gladiator gains +1 to their leadership.   And in vice a versa every three losses causes one leadership to lower –1.   Leadership is important in determining if you live or die.   If you loose the combat,  a roll of 2D6 is made.  If roll equal or under your leadership, the fickle crowd spares your life.  If roll above, you been given the thumbs down.

No matter how high your leadership goes.  A roll of 12 always means the crowd calls for your death.   And in the reverse fashion, no matter how low the score goes.   A roll of snake eyes double ones only means the crowd spares your life.

Victories 

Victory gains you rewards, which means concubine for the night.   

A gladiator with  15 victories to his credit gains a concubine for his own.   

A gladiator with 30 victories to his credit gains  the right to use any concubine when he wants.   Even if that concubine is a kept one by another gladiator. 

A gladiator with  50+ victories is made the ‘Over Seer of the Gladiatorial pits.’    Their can only be one, and to take the place of the current one.  You must defeat that one in combat.

Non-combatant characters

Concubine stats:  M 6, WS 1, BS 1, S 2, T 3,  W 1, I  3, A 1, LD 5 (popularity) Save____

Each gets 20 points to  spend  in creation.  From raising a stat (only one stat can be improved at creation.)  To trained skills and abilities.   Like the gladiator  stats are 1 for 10 pts.

Abilities

Each one costs 7 pts   Each one is for game effects, and add 1 to your LD roll further explained.

Double Jointed
Fertile  (gives +1 to the roll of getting pregnant.)
Flexible
Scent
Tight
Well endowed bosom

Skills

Skills  cost  5 pts each. 

The skills are of a social and sexual nature.  No matter what they are, each one adds +1 to the LD score in accumulatively.

Think of a sexual prowess, an it is a skill costs 5 pts to list it.

Concubine status

When a concubine lays with a gladiator.   She will make a prowess check.  This is her LD score adjusted by any modifiers  then subtracted by the Gladiator’s LD score.   A roll is made on  2D6  of equaling or under the target number .   Which means the concubine had been pleasing and  gains a popularity point and 1 experience pt.   Failure means a loss of LD score by 1 pt and no experience point awarded.

Pregnancy roll

Each time a concubine is taken she most roll for becoming pregnant.   This done by taking her T score and the Gladiator score dividing by two and adding any applicable modifiers.    Then rolling under the target number on 2D6.   It is encourage the concubines breed,  in game terms a reward of 15 experience pts and the award of  3 LD pts, is awarded for becoming pregnant. 

Combat

Initative:  D6 + I and any other modifiers/ highest goes first.

Move:  (Charge is double your move)

Melee:   Attacker who has charged attacks first.  Unless a skill or other circumstance denotes otherwise.  It no charge or the two combatants remain locked in combat.   The highest initiative goes first.  If they are the same, then who had won the initiative roll to go first.

To attack  compare ones  WS vs opponents WS.  For example if both are WS 3 then the roll would remain  you need a 4+ to hit on a D6.  If your opponent has a WS of 4 and yours is 3 then a 5+ is needed to hit.

If successful hit is scored then either and/or  a parry, save is rolled.    The parry is a counter attack roll by the defender.  Successful it parries the strike.   Saves are adjusted by the strength of the attack or type weapon.   A fist gives +1 to save those a gladiator with a 5+ save now has a 4+ save. 

Strength mods to Save;  1 (+2),  2 (+1), 3 (-), 4 (-1), 5 (-2), 6 (-3)

If the save is missed or there is none.   Then a too wound is rolled  That is attackers S vs defenders T.   If the attacker is using a two handed sword giving a +2 to S then his  score is 5, the defender has a 3 so a 2+ is needed to wound.   

Then with a successful wound roll.  Roll a D6 to see effect.

1 – Only a glancing blow.

2 – deft strike –1 to defender to  S,  T, & I

3 -   Knocked down

4   – Hampered  - 1 M

5   – Stunned lose attack this turn (if not gone) and next turn   Hits auto the next turn on you.  Cannot parry.

6   -  Incapacitated the fight is over.

Once the match has ended.   A roll for crowd reaction for live or die on the vanquish gladiator.   A roll of  equal or under the defeated gladiator LD/popularity on 2D6 has the crowd show mercy and spare his life, to fight another day.    A roll higher and well you have fallen from favor and thumbs down as death is called for.    Also note regardless of how high your popularity goes, a roll of box cars double 6’s is always death.

CirclMastr

I'll throw my hat into the ring as a gladiator.
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Celestial Goblin

This is the ruleset of Mordheim with added rules for sexy concubines and pregnancy!
Asherah, you outdid yourself with this idea.  ;D

Swedish Steel

"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Elayne

I'm willing to join as well as one of the concubines.

Are points not spent in character creation process saved for later use?
"Writing is like prostitution. First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money." -Moliere

Lirliel

*Bangs shield with sword* I will fight in this arena. Consider me a Gladiator.

I already spotted the stat-line and before I even read it I knew, Warhammer. And since I play the game, I'm all for it :)
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

CirclMastr

Hey, that IS Warhammer.  Maybe now I'll be able to use the book for once!
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Celestial Goblin

Can I make Liriel my concubine if I defeat her? Or is that's not possible?
Either way, I'm in.

Lirliel

*Laughs* We'll just see about that CG, heck maybe I'll make you mine. *Smirks*

Just one thing Asherah, why not incorperate the Axe rules from Mordheim as well -1 save. As well as most of the other CCW weapons, the rules are good if you check them and they bring more flavour to the game then just having swords.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Elven Sex Goddess

A few notes:

I appreciate the interest so far in the game.  And thank you all. 

Second,  Females can be gladiators and vice a versa a male can be a concubine.  A plaything for the female gladiators.

Finally just a reminder with how it is set up.  Morality can happen in the game and often in the gladiatorial pits.   

An sometime mid week I will set up the game, if interest keeps coming and remains.

Elandra

I will be throwing my hat in as a gladiator
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Sugarman (hal)

Quote from: Asherah on April 01, 2007, 01:17:32 AM
A few notes:

I appreciate the interest so far in the game.  And thank you all. 

Second,  Females can be gladiators and vice a versa a male can be a concubine.  A plaything for the female gladiators.

Finally just a reminder with how it is set up.  Morality can happen in the game and often in the gladiatorial pits.   

An sometime mid week I will set up the game, if interest keeps coming and remains.

can one play two characters, a gladiator and concubine?
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Elven Sex Goddess

Yes a player can play two characters.  As a matter it might be a good idea.  Especially amongst those playing gladiators 

Elven Sex Goddess

To add a little flavor to the game.   Bonuses for different nationalities in the game.

+2 M  -1 WS Numedians both male and female

+1 S –1 I Gaul, Germanic, Macedonians – male gladiators.  +1 S, -1 LD Darcians –females

+1 WS  +1 A  –1 M , Sarmatian   -1 I male,  Scythians  -1 S female.

– 1 M +1 T  Dwarf chars, they have a hardy constitution both sexes  due to dwarfism.

+1 LD for Concubines  Egyptian,  Assyrian, Mesopotamian.

+1 I  +1 BS –1 WS Britons,  Arcadians, Armenians both females and males.

Lirliel

Should I throw my characters down in this thread, or would you rather I pmed them too you?

Elven Sex Goddess

Celestial Goblin

Wow... Can I make a powerful character or should I be honest and point out how it's possible to make a really powerful character?

Elven Sex Goddess