Dead Muse Society. (Calling all Museless writers)

Started by Saerrael, October 18, 2012, 10:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saerrael

Dead Muse Society.

Current active links:
>OOC thread.
>Ideas Thread.

IC links:
Dead Muse Society - IC 1 : The Beginning of a journey starts with a Single Step.
Dead Muse Society - IC 2 : Asylum

Inactive links:
-

( I wrote this while having the flu, having no Muse what so ever and being distracted by numerous things. )

I'm thinking about starting  This is the recruitment thread for a group game for people who have no Muse in one way or another. Those people who are swamped with work, have a big test tomorrow, are watching one or more kids, are waiting for their partner to post in a game they do have a Muse for, are too drunk or are not coherent due to something else to dare post in one of the games they are owing. But still want to write.

That's right, I'm calling out the people who are out of inspiration in one way or another.

What? That's going to be a mess!

Probably, yes. Keep reading, though.

Ground rules:

1. You must post one post per day. ( Unless, of course, you're in an area where you can't access the internet, are in a coma or abducted by aliens >.> )
Due to this rule, there will be no posting order. 24hours is quite short a timeframe to post in if you have to wait for someone.

2. You have to respond to the post before you. ( You may respond to more, but you have to, at least, respond to the one before you. )
Exceptions may be made after contacting the GM. ( This is rare. )

3. Posts will not have to contain a minimum (or maximum) amount of words. Yes, you may post a one-liner, if that is all your Muse can come up with.

4. No character sheets needed, unless you want to write a character up. Your call, but I'd advice against it so you can keep flexible. Exception to this would be people who've been writing a certain character for so long it's a default for them.

5. There will be no general plot, no general story line. There will be a setting, though, but you do not have to feel tied down by it. Feel free to have your character wander off. Just not too far, as the next poster will have to respond to your post.
-I'm also thinking of changing the setting now and then and perhaps have multiple genres pass by. There will be a change in setting / genre now and then.

6. People who happen to have a Muse are encouraged to write something inspirational. People who enjoy spiking the punch with inspiration will have a place to post pictures of any kind and/ or plot-bunnies they and others may freely use within the society.

7. There will be place for random smut that can be broken up/ started at will. I'm, currently, thinking of a general m/f, f/f and m/m thread for this.

8. A post only needs to be spell-checked (Elliquiy has one, if you're wondering!). Odd grammar, auto correct fails, rambling, down right baaaad writing is acceptable. Creativity is encouraged, but not mandatory. Making fun/ poking/ correcting grammar, auto correct fails, rambling (ETC) is heavily frowned upon. If you really can not read the post before you, you will have to make due with what you think is happening in it.

Technical stuff:

Thread-wise, I'm thinking to need 8 threads (general IC x3, smut x3, OOC, ideas thread) at least, which means I need at least 4 players to start this up.

It may also be a good idea to not have more than five or six players per thread, if this game really kicks off.

This game could get very, very messy. I'm willing to, now and then, step in to attempt steer the game into some or the other direction, but rather not do that too much. I am actually hoping the idea thread will aid the game with this, but can't be certain until it's been tried out.

I will need a co-GM for this. I'm not very good at GMing, if I'm honest; I find it stressful.

Who in their right mind would join up for something like this?

Think of this as a NaNo for RPers. Anyone wanting to write but can't is more than welcome to join up. Those with a Muse who think this may be fun anyhow, can join in, too.

Points to be addressed:
-Which board to put this in. (I'm thinking of [EX] for maximum freedom.) The game is set in [EX].
-What setting to start the game with. (Future settings can be discussed in the OOC thread/ suggested in the Ideas thread.) The first setting has been set. Check active links to see where the game is at currently.

Reactions may be posted in this thread.

Oneiros

*pounces upon* I'm definitely interested in this.

I did something similar with some people way back in the day. The way we fit all our random characters together was to have them sucked into a random time warp and have no idea where they were. *chuckles* They started in a cafe or a diner, and got sucked to some random point in time. The general plot was "okay,  have to figure out where we are and how to get home".

Saerrael

Glad you're in *smiles*

And that sounds like a good base. Means a team could go just about anywhere to experience just about anything.

Oneiros

Doesn't necessarily have to be a time-warp either, they could be pulled into a whole new world. *chuckles* Could start in a 'normal' place, get pulled to a fantasy place (introducing new characters who join in), then perhaps the dimensional portal opens again and sucks them all to an alien planet, so on.

Saerrael

Yeah, a time-warp will only get them to different times, something less defined could get a team anywhere. *nodnods*
Plus, that way people don't have to hold on to a character they aren't feeling/ can't play, quite easily.

Oneiros

Very true. Unfortunate characters that their players don't feel like continuing could get left behind in the next inter-dimensional warp. *chuckles*

Teo Torriatte

Saerrael

Welcome in, Dim *hugs hir*

Sounds like a good base, Fedora. But I do want to keep things open for discussion, of course. We could start out with that and see how things evolve.

Welcome in, Luna *smiles*

Teo Torriatte

Thankies!

Would the first character we play need to be some kind of regular modern person?

Saerrael

No, not really. You can set up a character on the spot, if you wish.
We basically just need a starting 'position'. When that is up (I'll write it out, don't worry), the next poster will be responding to that and thus form a character at that moment.

Castamere

This sounds immensely entertaining, kindly count me in as well please. As far as the forums are concerned I'll suggest Extreme but that's only for maximum freedom, cheers.

A coat of gold, a coat of red... a lion still has claws.
And mine are long & sharp my Lord... as long and sharp as yours.

"The Castaway Thread" Updated - 11/09

AndyZ

Curious about this; bookmarking to see how things go.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Madriv

Suiko

- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Slow, motivation is tough. See my AAs -

Oniya

I think I can dust a few character concepts off for the occasion (I'll see what's appropriate before I chuck them in).  Are we going to have a posting order, or just the 'once per day' deal?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Teo Torriatte

That reminds me to ask... is the one post thing just a minimum? Or is it a maximum, as well?

Saerrael

Quote from: Castamere on October 19, 2012, 01:21:11 AM
This sounds immensely entertaining, kindly count me in as well please. As far as the forums are concerned I'll suggest Extreme but that's only for maximum freedom, cheers.

Good to have you with us *smiles* And, yes, I think EX would be the best place after some thought. That doesn't, of course, means that anyone needs to feel pressured into writing EX scenes.

Quote from: AndyZ on October 19, 2012, 03:07:01 AM
Curious about this; bookmarking to see how things go.

Of course. Feel free to ask questions or word your thoughts when anything comes up, too.

Quote from: Madmartigan on October 19, 2012, 08:32:26 AM
I like the challenge. I wanna be in the DMS.

Welcome, Mad. Glad you like the challenge and that you're in.

Quote from: Angel Eros on October 19, 2012, 09:13:47 AM
Pounce pounce!

I'm in! ^^

Brilliant. Always happy to have you *winks at him*

Quote from: Oniya on October 19, 2012, 01:05:28 PM
I think I can dust a few character concepts off for the occasion (I'll see what's appropriate before I chuck them in).  Are we going to have a posting order, or just the 'once per day' deal?

Lovely *smiles*
And, I'm not certain. I don't know if a posting order would be handy, as it may be inconvenient when it comes to the 'one post a day' rule when you are waiting on someone to post.
I'm, however, a strong believer of posting order in just about any other game, so I'm somewhat torn.

Quote from: Luna on October 19, 2012, 01:09:05 PM
That reminds me to ask... is the one post thing just a minimum? Or is it a maximum, as well?

It's a minimum, not a maximum. Though it may be disruptive to post too much, depending on the location/ period.

I'll set up an OOC thread in a moment and add the link to the opening post here.
The OOC thread is up and can be found here.