Battlestar Galactica, Discuss..

Started by Silver, January 29, 2009, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver

This is a thread for all of the BSG fans out there to discuss  the show since it is the final season after all. All thoughts are welcome, chose a side or just defend the characters which hold a place dear in your heart. Let's just keep it clean.

So here are a few questions for the beginning of this.

Was the identity of the final Cylon what you were expecting or not?

Do you want more explained about the final five, than what we already got?

Who or rather what is Kara "Starbuck" Thrace now?

What other twists do you see coming within the coming weeks?
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

The Overlord

Quote from: Silver on January 29, 2009, 02:25:28 PM

No, but I'm still not convinced that Ellen is the final Cylon. Until I see something more definite, in my view this was a red herring. No offense to the Ellen fans, as I am an Ellen fan as well, but she's a minor character at best. After all the hoopla about who is the final Cylon, making it not just a minor character but a dead minor character is anti-climatic and serves no plot purpose I can see to date. In the back of my mind I'm still banking on Roslin; there's more to her than just a self-perceived has-been that's lead her people on a lie.

Obviously.

This has been a matter of vigorous debate between my brother and I. Somehow I don't think she's a Cylon waiting to come out of the closet; the whole temporal thing with finding her own corpse on Earth has another explanation IMO. If I heard right, they figured that Earth is about 2000 years past the nuclear war that took it out, so there is a temporal discrepancy, and a major one at that. Doing one of these 'alternate timeline' things is more what we'd expect from Star Trek, not Battlestar, but at this point I'm open to just about anything. Somehow in the past Kara was the harbinger of doom for Earth; it may have been accidental, and I strongly suspect it is, but either she went back in time or the fleet jumped forward. Either way, there seems to be at least two Karas, and again I feel 'Cylon' is not the answer.

Personally I'm now open to the possibility that in the end, EVERYONE is a Cylon in some form or another. I have this sneaking hunch; if the 13th Tribe was Cylon, maybe somehow it was progenitor tribe. Imagine life actually beginning here, not 'out there, far across the heavens',. As we move into the 21st Century and develop robotics and AI, etc., in a very Matrix or Terminator like style, the other twelve tribes are our children, in the 41st Century.

Silver

Now to actually answer some of my own questions.

Actually no it wasn't at all, for some reason i thought it to be someone else for it was a feeling had. That theory went up in smoke after she offed herself in a scene which still send chills down my spine when watching that episode for the third time.

Yes I do. I find it bull that we got a, "Oh they are from the 13'th tribe and should be dead but were reborn or re downloaded some how." I actually want real, clear answers and I want them now.

An angel of death is all that I can see her as, she is something else. I don't know why the thought of a doomed goddess comes to mind but it just does and it fits for me, at least for the time being.

You know that child of Sal and the number 6. I swear to god.. I swear it will turn out to be a girl and be Ellen. It has to be!

The Gaeta drama will have my attention for a bit of time, I am just wondering who will try to kill him or at least give him another verbal beat down like Kara did. *snickers* "Half Kick excuse me.."

Other than that, I just have to wait and see even if it kills me to do so.
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

The Overlord

Quote from: Silver on January 29, 2009, 08:24:18 PM

Actually no it wasn't at all, for some reason i thought it to be someone else for it was a feeling had. That theory went up in smoke after she offed herself in a scene which still send chills down my spine when watching that episode for the third time.

Yeah that was harsh. I for one never suspected Dee in the slightest, and it was hard to see her go. That's a hell of a grisly scene for primetime television, sci-fi or not, especially since I didn't see it coming...certainly the latest and most heavy What The Frack Moment the series has handed us....expect a few more before it's all been said and done.

Silver

Quote from: The Overlord on January 29, 2009, 08:32:23 PM
Personally I'm now open to the possibility that in the end, EVERYONE is a Cylon in some form or another. I have this sneaking hunch; if the 13th Tribe was Cylon, maybe somehow it was progenitor tribe. Imagine life actually beginning here, not 'out there, far across the heavens',. As we move into the 21st Century and develop robotics and AI, etc., in a very Matrix or Terminator like style, the other twelve tribes are our children, in the 41st Century.

*laughs*

You actually aren't the first person to say something like that. In the long run it makes sense, it really does but I can't see it. Maybe I am unwilling for that to be the end of things because after all of that to find everyone is a bloody cylon would tick me off just a wee bit.

Avi

It really makes sense, though.  Humanoid cylons are nearly indistinguishable from humans, so unless you're really looking for it, no one would ever know.  It'd also fit into the theme of "children fighting their parents" that was alluded to way back in the beginning of the series.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

The Overlord

Well, I only figure this much...

*warning spoiler alert for those that did not catch last night's, January 30th, episode*

The way I figure it, Gaeta is already dead. If Adama doesn't shoot him himself, he'll be shot or spaced by an execution squad if the mutiny fails. Especially since he was a trusted bridge officer that orchestrated this right under thier noses.

Zarek will either be rounded up or he'll go fugitive; he'll still have sympathizers in the fleet, but if Adama gets control of the ship again he'll hunt him with extreme prejudice until the series end.

Baltar I'm not sure about, but I think he's got a major part to play before it's all said and done. I would not surprised if there came an opportunity to somehow redeem himself, even if in part.

Based on the next week's trailer, I am curious to see if Roslin will get the Cylon basestar to engage the Galactica. A status quo Galactica with Adama at the helm vs. a damaged basestar; money is on Galactica. But if she does it, the mutineers will have to fight her off and contain the enemy.

Silver

Talking about last night's show...(Don't read unless.. you watched it)

Gaeta is a motherfraking tool for what he has done. His time is coming very soon and I hope that it's Starbuck who kicks the shit out of him before all out killing him.

Zarek is just.. *sighs* These actions are the doom of everything, from here there is no going back at all.

I can't watch Baltar without laughing, I just can't help it anymore. This godlike figure head he has become to his cult of followers, it makes me ill at times. Do you really think that he can redeem himself in any manner? I don't, but then again he's been a lost cause to me for quite some time.

Next Week: Is Sal actually dead, that is my only question for right now.

----

Now who saw the Battlestar Galactica Toaster last night!!!

I want one so badly.. a Toaster!! Like.. zomg..that's great..

Avi

Discussing last night's BSG!!  Read no further if ye do not like spoilers.

Indeed, Gaeta is an asshole.  I used to like him, too!  But ever since New Caprica, he's been questionable.  I agree with Silver.  I really hope Starbuck beats the living crap out of him, then lets Adama shoot him.  That, or getting spaced by Apollo.  Either one would be incredibly satisfying for me.  The Adamas are two of my favorite characters, so I'd love to see them kicking some mutineer ass.

I've never liked Gaius Baltar.  Some people do, but I just find him annoyingly suggestable and easy to manipulate.  Now he's the leader of a cult?!  What the heck... seriously, how can people think he's a guru?  He's smart, but not wise.

On another note, I really like Saul's character, so I really hope he's not really dead.  It'd be perfect if he just popped up sometime when it's least expected and takes out a few Marines.  However, in terms of story progression... sadly, it makes sense for him to die.  Especially since he chose to stay behind, knowing he'll probably be shot.

Silver

Quote from: aviationrox on January 31, 2009, 05:32:16 PM
Indeed, Gaeta is an asshole.  I used to like him, too!  But ever since New Caprica, he's been questionable.  I agree with Silver.  I really hope Starbuck beats the living crap out of him, then lets Adama shoot him.  That, or getting spaced by Apollo.  Either one would be incredibly satisfying for me.  The Adamas are two of my favorite characters, so I'd love to see them kicking some mutineer ass.

Boo.. Sorry but letting Apollo just space Gaeta is a pussy ass move in my book. Fraking beat the crap out of him, make him suffer and pay just a bit people.

Now that leads me to a new question thanks to something that you said.

Who are everyone's top four character liked and or disliked.

Avi

I meant spacing him only after Lee let Starbuck, Adama senior, and Tigh all beat the bejesus out of him.  :P

Top Four Liked:

1. Lee (Apollo) Adama, especially during the first two seasons.
2. Kara (Starbuck) Thrace
3. Admiral William Adama
4. Saul Tigh
Honorable Mention: Karl Agathon

Top Four Disliked

1. Gaius Baltar
2. Cylon Number Six (The version inside Baltar's head for a while.)
3. Felix Gaeta
4. Tom Zarek
Honorable Mention:  Laura Roslin.  She always struck me as a bit whiny or racist at times.

Cherri Tart

first off, can i just say i love you for putting up the huge spoiler alert, Avi? even tho i watched it, i hate having spoilers take me by surprise.  that said, how dare you not love Baltar? really, i know he has a few issue, but for some reason i just love him to bits.  and yeah, i was SO rooting for Kara to kick the daylights out of Gaita.  really, he's just turned totally creepy.  oh, and i love Helo!  and don't forget Anders and the chief!

top four liked:
Helo
Baltar
Lee
Starbuck/Kara/Apple of Eris *grins*

top four disliked
Gaita
the cylon that imprisoned Starbuck on new Caprica (don't recall the number)
Ellen Tigh (she better not be the fifth!)
Dean Stockwell Cylon! - yes, i am bad with numbers! 

you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Silver

Top Four Liked:

1. Samuel T. Anders. He's sexy and I always like his story lines..
2. Kara (Starbuck) Thrace. Everything that I want to be and more.
3. Karl (Helo) Agathon. Can you say sexy people..
4. Galen Tyrol. Just hsi growth is fun for me..
Honorable Mention: Number Six. They are all just so.. I always am left wanting to know more..

Top Four Disliked

1. Felix Gaeta. Always disliked him and it grew to hate after he lost his leg..and the bloody singing..omg give me a break.
2. Number Two. Omg get over Starbuck..you are just too creepy for me.
3. Laura Roslin. She is boring to me, I wish she would keel over and die already.
4. Cally Henderson Tyrol. Enough, I was so happy when she was finally killed off.
Honorable Mention:  Dr. Gaius Baltar. That came full circle when he got his own cult..dear lord..

Apple of Eris

Quote from: Cherri Tart on January 31, 2009, 09:18:31 PM
top four liked:
Helo
Baltar
Lee
Starbuck/Kara/Apple of Eris *grins*

*blushes* Stop that!

Liked:
Starbuck! (obviously)
Admiral Adama
Number 6 (all of them!)
Dee

Disliked:
Felix
Cylon #2
Zarek
Ellen
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Apple of Eris on January 31, 2009, 09:22:25 PM
*blushes* Stop that!

Liked:

Dee

*makes face* still not over that... oh, god, and that just made me remember Billy... and then Cat... ok, get the tissues, please...

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Silver

Quote from: Cherri Tart on January 31, 2009, 09:28:33 PM
*makes face* still not over that... oh, god, and that just made me remember Billy... and then Cat... ok, get the tissues, please...

That scene with Dee was one of the most.. WTF moments for me on the show.

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Silver on January 31, 2009, 09:29:33 PM
That scene with Dee was one of the most.. WTF moments for me on the show.

*nods* we had it on the DVR and had to pause the show for like 10 minutes before we could even go on, and it was 10 minutes of omg silence, too...

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Silver

Quote from: Cherri Tart on January 31, 2009, 09:30:35 PM
*nods* we had it on the DVR and had to pause the show for like 10 minutes before we could even go on, and it was 10 minutes of omg silence, too...

Yea my brother and I kinda were like.. well damn.. and then what happened after that.. man oh man..

I will say the happiest death for me was Cally, Sorry all you Cally lovers but it made me so happy.

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Silver on January 31, 2009, 09:32:08 PM
Yea my brother and I kinda were like.. well damn.. and then what happened after that.. man oh man..

I will say the happiest death for me was Cally, Sorry all you Cally lovers but it made me so happy.

my girl was happy to see Cally go too... i liked her, though! *dabs eye* made me really hate Tori after that, even though she's drop dead gorgous and my number one female sex fantasy girl *blushes*

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Silver

Quote from: Cherri Tart on January 31, 2009, 09:34:42 PM
my girl was happy to see Cally go too... i liked her, though! *dabs eye* made me really hate Tori after that, even though she's drop dead gorgous and my number one female sex fantasy girl *blushes*

Tori.. omg Tori is awesome but still only number 6 on my list. Her having sex with Gaius.. so awesome.. *sighs*

Apple of Eris

Tori is hot. No doubt, but I thought Dee was gorgeous too and the way she died...

That was so fracked!
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Avi

I loved Dee. :D  She was the first female character on BSG that I really found attractive.  Something about her smile and the way she carried herself... *drool*

Silver

Quote from: aviationrox on January 31, 2009, 09:47:43 PM
I loved Dee. :D  She was the first female character on BSG that I really found attractive.  Something about her smile and the way she carried herself... *drool*

Aviationrox has a crush...

*sings*

But really between Dee and Tori.. Dee is a winner.

Avi

How did Dee end up killing herself?  With a gun?  Something else?  I only just started watching the series again, though I've managed to keep up with the plot.

Silver

Quote from: aviationrox on January 31, 2009, 09:50:01 PM
How did Dee end up killing herself?  With a gun?  Something else?  I only just started watching the series again, though I've managed to keep up with the plot.

...Gun..

*tear*