Monsters Wanted: This Means You! (D&D Style Freeform)

Started by Henderson, June 15, 2010, 09:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henderson

-----
Are you an adult monster looking for work?

Chip on your shoulder due to your family being killed by adventurers?

Looking for MONEY? COMPANIONSHIP? a HOME?

-----

Hi. My name is Henderson, and i might be able to help.
I have lived my life serving dragons, and this job seemed to be no different to any others at first. Work for the dragon in order to not get eaten by the dragon. Simple enough, right? Well, apparantly not so much. Apparantly i've been given an extra duty or two, and i'm being made to wear the mantle of Dungeon Master for the boss, and build her a dungeon to keep her hoard safe.

Thats why we need hard working monsters like you to come and help us! We are a bare-bones operation, i've been given a small subsidy in order to... and beleive me, this ones a shocker... pay wages, and buy things that we might need.
Right now, im sitting in a tent in a swamp and i've found a really good place to start digging. Come and find me at the following location so we can talk about your career in DUNGEON MONSTERING.

Henderson Kobold
Secretary to The Dreadnaught
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Henderson

Hey guys, this is a 'Looking for Players' post to try and find some interest for a group roleplay idea that Myself and Dready had whilst chatting.

Basically, the concept is a bunch of monsters who are not neccisarily very evil making a home in a swamp.

We're talking about Goblins, Kobolds, Orcs, Trolls, all that fun stuff.

Naturally, things might will probably take a turn for the Saucy, as its the intention of this game to be placed in an Adult RP board, so don't feel the need to hold back if you want. Dready might make a post after this one covering things a bit more, since i'm fairly new to Adult RP on this forum.

Heres who i intend to play:

Name: Henderson
Alias': Hendie, Oi, Kobold
Species: Kobold.
Sexual Orientation: Attracted to Females
Demeanour: Nervous and shy, with breif moments of confidence when talking about secretarial things. Uncomfortable around the subject of Sex, for unknown reasons.
Dungeon Role: Secretary. Henderson does the annoying admin work like counting coins so the other monsters can focus on useful jobs. Henderson has been doing Secretary work for going on half his life now, though theres a very small written section of his CV detailing 'Non standard duties' he's been asked to perform. He keeps very quiet about them, aside from explaining he's fairly confident he'll be safe during an adventurer assault.
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

fallensaviour

this is very interesting *starts pulling out 3.5 monster manuals*

Ironwolf85

eh I'll give it a shot if it takes off

Name: Andrew Steelhorn
Alias': Andrew, horny smith, "oh shit!" nameless adventurer
Species: Minotaur
Sexual Orientation: Attracted to Females
Demeanour: intelligent, civilized, confident. unlike many of his kind Andrew is intelligent, capable, and well learned. but there are not many jobs for one of his appearance. as such he moved into to the dungeon and set up shop. he actually worships the Good gods, seeing the combat with adventurers as a nessary part of the world. trials forge better heroes after all.
if it's offered he's more than willing to bend a woman over the anvil and pound her, but he doesn't go looking for such things

Dungeon Role: Brute, forgemaster, occasional leader of other monsters
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

fallensaviour

hmm would a fiendish (monster manual page 107-108) dracotaur (monster manual 3 page 42-43) be acceptable?

name: (havnt decided yet)
alias:
species: (fiendish) dracotaur
sexual orientation: attracted to females
demenor: arogant gruff proud warrior who takes what he wants when he wants it like many of his people he cares little for the well being of those not of his tribe
dungeon role: stratigic brute

dready

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the fiendish dracotaur. 'Ell, not even familiar with a dracotaur other than them being somewhat like a centaur but reptilian-esque.

I approve of the minotaur, always wanted to have one. *checks the resume* Ah, you're a forgemaster. Are you familiar with the warforged?

And I don't want trolls. They're rather well known for their weaknesses and fire is one of the most common element damaging enhancements that adventurers tend to obtain. Also they're never as smart as you wish they were.

fallensaviour

(well i did tell you where to look for the information and i could lose the fiendish if need be.  but if you dont have that book i found their stats on the wizard site http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20040905a&page=3 )

Ironwolf85

Andrew's response: never made one myself... but I could give it a shot if I had the tools
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

dready

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on June 16, 2010, 03:24:35 PM
Andrew's response: never made one myself... but I could give it a shot if I had the tools
You're up for something new, and I like that. You're hired. *tosses a bag of 30 platinum* This should get you the best masterwork tools that you can purchase or hire someone to make.

dready

Quote from: fallensaviour on June 16, 2010, 01:59:21 PM
(well i did tell you where to look for the information and i could lose the fiendish if need be.  but if you dont have that book i found their stats on the wizard site http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20040905a&page=3 )
No fiendish template, original is good enough for what I'd enjoy. *tosses a bag of 30 platinum pieces* Get yourself some masterwork armor, you'll be the scouting guard during construction unless Henderson requires some more muscle.

fallensaviour

Quote from: dready on June 16, 2010, 01:48:53 PM
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the fiendish dracotaur. 'Ell, not even familiar with a dracotaur other than them being somewhat like a centaur but reptilian-esque.

The large dragon replies in a harsh voice "Never insult me like that again, I am nothing like those miserable beasts"

(also are we going to need anything silly like character sheets/stats? if so what would generation rules be? if not what are we using for silly things like frames of refference for stats)

Geradine

The view from behind a scope puts everything into perspective.

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

Geradine

how do you feel about a doppleganger?

name: Gerad Honzue
Alias': n/a
species: Doppleganger
sexual orientation: Attracted to females
demeanor: in his natural form, he is somewhat reclusive, tending to stay away from others unless he has to. when he gets used to being around others, he might come out more often.

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

dready

Quote from: fallensaviour on June 16, 2010, 10:20:56 PMThe large dragon replies in a harsh voice "Never insult me like that again, I am nothing like those miserable beasts"
(also are we going to need anything silly like character sheets/stats? if so what would generation rules be? if not what are we using for silly things like frames of refference for stats)
Those miserable beasts are still given some of my respect as they have their uses as much as you have your own.

(i think the 'skeletons' that have been used in this thread so far would work well for references)

Quote from: Geradine on June 16, 2010, 11:03:18 PMhow do you feel about a doppleganger?
No dopplegangers. They're less trustworthy than a gnome, goblin, and will-o-whisp chimera.

Ironwolf85

Steelhorn, is quick to get to work the next day (let me know when it starts)

dready

I believe that it'll be starting within the next couple of days, if not tonight.

Geradine

i would like to play a psuedodragon,but i doubt you'll alow that...*continues looking*

dready

Quote from: Geradine on June 17, 2010, 06:13:33 PM
i would like to play a psuedodragon,but i doubt you'll alow that...*continues looking*
right on that.

NotoriusBEN

If only there was a way to be a lich without the whole... dead... thing...

name: Baromer Warpchill
species: Human
demeanor: Baromer is more or less interested in increasing his own longevity, and as a bi-product of his sorcery and alchemy has many potions and incantations to beef up any minion-sized army. The ladies also seem to be enchanted by a dark brooding magician and *really* dig the warlock after a potion or two.

Image of Baromer until I can find one that is evil'er and more spikey bits :P

EDIT** Found one!  ;D THIS is Baromer

Geradine

i has found me beastie! Poison Dusk Lizardfolk, pg.96, MMIII.

fallensaviour

Quote from: dready on June 17, 2010, 02:12:05 PM
Those miserable beasts are still given some of my respect as they have their uses as much as you have your own.

He smiles a bit, "do those uses include food?"

(what it says in the mm dracotaurs like to eat centaurs :P...also i'd totally like to find some way for my class to be paladin of tiamat...since i was assuming we were you know...monsters with levels)

dready

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on June 17, 2010, 09:27:01 PM
Using the spell Awaken Undead and then Rot to Flesh will both be able to turn any undead (lacking Int or not) into it's living counterpart, with not a single loss in statistics. :3
Quote from: NotoriusBEN on June 17, 2010, 09:27:01 PMname: Baromer Warpchill
demeanor: Baromer is more or less interested in increasing his own longevity, and as a bi-product of his sorcery and alchemy has many potions and incantations to beef up any minion-sized army. The ladies also seem to be enchanted by a dark brooding magician and *really* dig the warlock after a potion or two.

EDIT** Found one!  ;D THIS is Baromer
Seems good, but the images you have posted are not loading for me for some reason.

Quote from: Geradine on June 17, 2010, 09:32:12 PM
i has found me beastie! Poison Dusk Lizardfolk, pg.96, MMIII.
I'll require a link to such.
Quote from: fallensaviour on June 17, 2010, 10:28:27 PM
(what it says in the mm dracotaurs like to eat centaurs :P...also i'd totally like to find some way for my class to be paladin of tiamat...since i was assuming we were you know...monsters with levels)
(I'm not a fan of having paladins in my ranks, as they tend to get in the way of my whim more than assist)

fallensaviour

(tiamat is LE which would mean the paladin of tyrany from unearthed arcana would be the best fit...whole being lawful evil herself thing...its on this page down a bit http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantcharacterclasses.htm )

dready

Quote from: fallensaviour on June 18, 2010, 01:59:58 PM
(tiamat is LE which would mean the paladin of tyrany from unearthed arcana would be the best fit...whole being lawful evil herself thing...its on this page down a bit http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantcharacterclasses.htm )
I'm familiar with the paladin of tyrrany. Paladins are still paladins, and they take their commands from a higher power than myself. It's basically like having an ally who doesn't tell you what they're planning. No paladins please.

NotoriusBEN

Ok, let's try a direct link to the pic... let me know if you still cant see it.
Maybe gelbooru is illegal in certain countries?

Quote from: NotoriusBEN on June 17, 2010, 09:27:01 PM

name: Baromer Warpchill

EDIT** Found one!  ;D