Suddenly having major issues

Started by Blitzy, May 27, 2010, 04:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blitzy

I have had this Dell Inspiron for a couple months now and suddenly today my webcam stopped responding. The computer stopped finding it, registering it, at all. Nothing.

I'm frustrated and looking around at other things and then I go to restart my Computer and it starts freezing before loading Windows. Rinse and repeat. Over and over again.

My friend tells me to 're-seed' my RAM. Nothing. Still freezes. FINALLY it loads Windows. Still no webcam showing.

Currently backing up my files and such. If anyone knows how to do anything, has any options, feel free to tell me.

I'm going to re-install Windows 7 and see if that helps. See if there was just some random corrupt file. Not sure when I'll do that. It's a frustrating idea.

And if that doesn't work, I'll be calling Dell.

I'm just utterly, completely, totally frustrated beyond belief at the moment.
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Trieste

Have you tried bringing it back to a restore point from a couple days ago?

Blitzy

Yep! Did... and it didn't work!

Oniya

Your friend might have meant 're-seat' your RAM, which is opening the machine, popping the RAM chips out, and pushing them back into their sockets.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Blitzy

That, Oniya. Hahaha. >_> Sorry. I'm horrid with computer tech repair. I can do a lot of stuff otherwise but opening it and looking? Nope.

Also... Miraculously? Now it's all effing working fine.

I hate electronics.

Umbral Sanguinus

It's quite simple: you somehow angered the elder gods, clearly. But your psychological distress and torment has sated their malevolence, albeit perhaps only temporarily.
Ideas Roleplays Ons and Offs Apologies and Absences
"As political and economic freedom diminishes, sexual freedom tends compensatingly to increase." -Aldous Huxley

Blitzy

:P Thanks Umbral.

Gonna lock this til I re-anger the gods I guess. *Eyes the sky.*