Join the KWHY News Team Today! (Still Recruiting for staff positions)

Started by Blinkin, January 12, 2014, 11:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

We are still looking for characters to be camera crew, staff and an anchor for the news team. Come and join what promises to be a fun and light hearted game today!

In fond memory of all of the great sit-coms and off-the-wall news shows/movies like WKRP in Cincinnati, Spin City, Murphy Brown, Mary Tyler Moore
and The Anchorman movies, I give you...

KWHY News! Is under new management and has a totally new News Crew for their morning r with (Insert character’s names here)!

Located in lovely Duluth, MN, KWHY, channel 7 is proud to bring you all of the finest in popular programming and an award winning news team... or they used to...

Last month, Media mogul Steven Bobbs purchased the struggling KWHY station and set about upgrading, modernizing and trimming the network down and making it profitable. In the process, the contracts of the news department were up for renewal. Mr. Bobbs refused the demand for more money and the entire department walked off the set… With the station’s biggest draw gone, something had to be done… fast! With only the News Crew’s assistant Director remaining, now the head of the department’s Marja JoHannsen left, a casting call went out to fill the holes in the cast… but what can you really expect on short notice and limited income offerings? It’s not going to be the top tier talent in the market. Enter the characters!

What I'm looking for is a group of quirky, off-beat, even odd-ball characters to fill the ranks of the News department, run by my character, Ms. Johannsen (Rumors are that she slept with Bobbs to keep her job) and have some fun between the latest news reports and the hyjinks behind the camera. Positions that may be available may be, but not limited to:

Head Anchor
Co-Anchor
Chief Meteorologist
Sports
Traffic
Roaming Reporter(s)
Support Cast such as camera persons, sound techs, and make-up and so on.

What I have in mind is a cast of characters who may look at this as their big chance to get into TV, move out of print or radio and into prime time, people who, for one reason or another, just haven't gotten that break... and characters who will be fun to play.

Some examples of what I mean may be…

A weather-person obsessed with the weather in Florida in the winter and Alaska in the summer who constantly sprinkles in items about those locations. “Well, it’s going to be a balmy 75 degrees today… in Tampa, but it’s a chilly, wet and miserable -10 here in the great white tundra folks!”

The sports reporter who idolizes Howard Cosell to the point of mimicking his topay and speech patterns

A camera man who keeps loosing focus on the roaming reporter and follows cute women passing by or the reporter’s boobs.

A co-anchor who’s sole concern is getting into every woman’s panties so he can try them on.

In short, characters who are a little kooky, a little unorthodox and a lot of fun to play. If there is enough interest, I’ll turn this into a recruitment thread. Any questions are happily accepted and answered. On a side note, the characters will have to occasionally make up news reports for the show, but it’s more about what happens behind the cameras.
In fond memory of all of the great sit-coms and off-the-wall news shows/movies like WKRP in Cincinnati, Spin City, Murphy Brown, Mary Tyler Moore
and The Anchorman movies, I give you...

KWHY News! Is under new management and has a totally new News Crew for their morning r with (Insert character’s names here)!

Located in lovely Duluth, MN, KWHY, channel 7 is proud to bring you all of the finest in popular programming and an award winning news team... or they used to...

Last month, Media mogul Steven Bobbs purchased the struggling KWHY station and set about upgrading, modernizing and trimming the network down and making it profitable. In the process, the contracts of the news department were up for renewal. Mr. Bobbs refused the demand for more money and the entire department walked off the set… With the station’s biggest draw gone, something had to be done… fast! With only the News Crew’s assistant Director remaining, now the head of the department’s Marja JoHannsen left, a casting call went out to fill the holes in the cast… but what can you really expect on short notice and limited income offerings? It’s not going to be the top tier talent in the market. Enter the characters!

What I'm looking for is a group of quirky, off-beat, even odd-ball characters to fill the ranks of the News department, run by my character, Ms. Johannsen (Rumors are that she slept with Bobbs to keep her job) and have some fun between the latest news reports and the hyjinks behind the camera. Positions that may be available may be, but not limited to:

Head Anchor
Co-Anchor
Chief Meteorologist
Sports
Traffic
Roaming Reporter(s)
Support Cast such as camera persons, sound techs, and make-up and so on.

What I have in mind is a cast of characters who may look at this as their big chance to get into TV, move out of print or radio and into prime time, people who, for one reason or another, just haven't gotten that break... and characters who will be fun to play.

Some examples of what I mean may be…

A weather-person obsessed with the weather in Florida in the winter and Alaska in the summer who constantly sprinkles in items about those locations. “Well, it’s going to be a balmy 75 degrees today… in Tampa, but it’s a chilly, wet and miserable -10 here in the great white tundra folks!”

The sports reporter who idolizes Howard Cosell to the point of mimicking his topay and speech patterns

A camera man who keeps loosing focus on the roaming reporter and follows cute women passing by or the reporter’s boobs.

A co-anchor who’s sole concern is getting into every woman’s panties so he can try them on.

In short, characters who are a little kooky, a little unorthodox and a lot of fun to play. If there is enough interest, I’ll turn this into a recruitment thread. Any questions are happily accepted and answered. On a side note, the characters will have to occasionally make up news reports for the show, but it’s more about what happens behind the cameras.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

eiselmann

Would be interested in this idea...would love to play the role of the sports reporter...but I see him differently, he's English and has decided to only report on 'proper' sports , so no Grid Iron or rounders (which you Americans call baseball) and if one must report the Basketball and Ice Hockey there are perfectly good European leagues to report on.....suffice it to say his reports will be full of Football (soccer) and cricket , with some Rugby Union and Rugby League thrown in for good measure.
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

Kerri

I might be able to play a somewhat ditsy meteorologist, I'm thinking she'll turn every weather report into a what's hot, what's not fashion segment, or perhaps go on and on about the great sales she found on her clothing.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16
All images in signature created by the truly talented and sweet Amelita

Blinkin

As I said, this is just an interest check at the moment. Although I could see that Marja is going to have fun with these two. lol
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Yukina

How does a clothing and make-up person that makes occasional bizarre choices such as bushy eyebrows, clown make-up, and costumes that don't fit for news reporters sound?

kckolbe

No ideas, but this is easily the coolest idea I've never seen done here.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Blinkin

The make-up artist would probably get kicked through the wall the first time an anchor looked at themself in the mirror before airetime. *chuckles*

The sports and weather could be "nudged" to talk about their subjects on a local scale... the make-up artist would have to survive the people looking at their faces in the mirror... Although aside from that, it's interesting for behind the scenes.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Yukina

*nods* Maybe they only allow her to stay pain free because she is the only one they can afford and (and the first boardcast) is the only one willing to join.

kckolbe

Considering a camera-shy man who still dreams of being an anchorman.  Perhaps he gets hired for being one of the few interested in researching stories?  Might work better as a traffic guy.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Kerri

Quote from: Yugishogun on January 14, 2014, 07:03:57 AM
How does a clothing and make-up person that makes occasional bizarre choices such as bushy eyebrows, clown make-up, and costumes that don't fit for news reporters sound?
Quote from: Blinkin on January 14, 2014, 10:31:50 AM
The make-up artist would probably get kicked through the wall the first time an anchor looked at themself in the mirror before airetime. *chuckles*

The sports and weather could be "nudged" to talk about their subjects on a local scale... the make-up artist would have to survive the people looking at their faces in the mirror... Although aside from that, it's interesting for behind the scenes.

I can see the meteorologist finding time to try to sneak away before showtime trying to fix the issues, resulting in even more disarrayed appearances. Blouses buttoned wrong, skirts not laying correctly. She definitely would have to be forced into the makeup chair.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Kunoichi

Hmm...  Any room for a roaming reporter who has strong exhibitionist tendencies and has convinced the station manager to allow her to do her reports in various skimpy costumes as a gimmick to grab ratings?

Blinkin

A camera shy anchor/co-anchor or traffic reporter... sounds interesting

A roaming reporter who likes to show off skin... really interesting... lol

I'm not against the make-up woman idea, I don't see her picking out outfits for this one, but I'm sure that the crew might not be happy with her overly much. But, if you want to do it.

This lot, so far, will drive poor Marja JoHannsen to drink. lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Yukina

At least I know of one staff member who might not mind a costume; the exhibitionist reporter. Nonetheless, I can limit the outfit part to her if you'd like.

Irishfire87

I would love to play the role of an ADD roaming reporter.  Someone who's 'on the scene' and then sees something that makes her start to go completely off track.

kckolbe

LOL Irishfire.  "Hi, I'm here at the scene of a tragic school shooting where a squirrel has crossed the road twice!  He does it for no reason!"

Intro Thread

Blinkin

Could you give me an idea of what kinda thing might prompt them to call in with a story to be run live? Asides from a squirrel running half of the way acrss the street and changes his mind? lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Irishfire87

It would start with something serious like a shooting, a hurricane coming (Like when you see them in a raincoat in some random town before a hurricane hits), protests or something else that is serious.  Then she would get distracted by random things mid-broadcast and completely go off topic based on her surroundings.

Robelwell202

Call this guy interested.   Either an Ex-Marine Anchor that taints all his reporting with either (faulty) historical reference, or some off-the-wall tactical comparison...   Oooooor, a similarly-minded political commentator?

I gotta bookmark this.  This looks amazingly awesome.
Mal:  "Define 'interesting'."
Wash:  "Oh God, Oh God, we're all going to die?"

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Thrasius

I'm interested as well. Would there be a need for a security officer/guard? I was thinking about an overly paranoid or suspicious guard who is easily startled. On top of that, he takes his job very seriously and will often put himself in harms way to save the people he is 'sworn to protect'. He makes up his own ridiculous laws, is extremely gullible, goes out of his way to announce his achievements, no matter how small they may be, and other little things like singing his own theme music when he is on a mission.

yesiroleplay

Quote from: Thrasius on January 15, 2014, 06:23:09 PM
I'm interested as well. Would there be a need for a security officer/guard? I was thinking about an overly paranoid or suspicious guard who is easily startled. On top of that, he takes his job very seriously and will often put himself in harms way to save the people he is 'sworn to protect'. He makes up his own ridiculous laws, is extremely gullible, goes out of his way to announce his achievements, no matter how small they may be, and other little things like singing his own theme music when he is on a mission.
Is his last name "Fife"?

Blinkin

All ofthese sound interesting, but I don't think that a secuirty guard would be needed.  Camera men are sorely needed though.;)

Wardrobe: Because of budget cutbacks, the department will have to provide their own from their own property. Make-up is also budgeted down, but is done each morning, afternoon, and just before showtimes for touch-up/s and comercials. Mr. Bobbs feels that the money is better used on income producing items like his pet project of a locally made for TV series called, "Duluth Nights.", which is filmed in the middle of winter and seems to deal mostly with either skimpy clothing indoors or bundled up people outdoors. He expects a big draw... which speaks of his own issues.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

kckolbe

Cameraman is definitely needed, especially if said cameraman had permission to film for other projects, like "behind the scenes." 

Intro Thread

yesiroleplay

KWHY Jelly:  Preserving Our Cultural Heritage

A weekday morning cooking and home-craft program starring an overly perky, and overly busty young woman with more enthusiasm than cooking or crafting skill.

Kunoichi

Well, it looks like the new station manager is going to be trying to use sex appeal to grab a bigger share of the ratings. :P

By the way, would the station have any interns working behind the scenes?  I've got a bit of an idea for a set of triplets who are all going for the same degree, though it could use some development.

Kimera

Sounds interesting

A young camera girl that loves following all the hot ladies around, even to places men are not normally allowed. Agile, swift and a bit of parcour to always get the best angle on things ^^

Blinkin

Lets get the news crew filled before we think about other programs. If someone on the team wanted to do a segment about cooking each day, that'll work, but needs to do something else as well.

What the camera man does behind the camera and off of the aire is up to him/her. We may need that security guard afterall.

Someone caught the word play, yeah!

Intern... yes, that is a possible position, as is the guard on further thought... I don't know about triplets getting hired though, it's the budget thing again.

Lets see, we have (In front of the camera)

An anchor
Sports
Weather
traffic
2 roaming reporters (May want to look for camera men too)

Behind the camera:
Program manager
Make-up
Security (Actually, I was thinking of what's his name in Manniquin lol)
possible camera man
Possible intern
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

kckolbe

Quote from: Blinkin on January 16, 2014, 12:56:33 PM
Security (Actually, I was thinking of what's his name in Manniquin lol)

Hollywood?  ~grins~

Intro Thread

Blinkin

Nah, Hollywood was a dummy dresser, the guy in the high waters and white socks. lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Blinkin on January 16, 2014, 12:56:33 PM
Intern... yes, that is a possible position, as is the guard on further thought... I don't know about triplets getting hired though, it's the budget thing again.

Oh, the triplets wouldn't be paid interns.  It would be purely a work experience thing.  A trio of busty, nearly-identical college girls getting people coffee and otherwise seeing to their needs in the studio.

Kerri

You mean, word play like... "Here at Kwhy, our weather is wetter than the rest."  or..... "KWHY News, hitting hard and fast, making sure to leave you breathless."

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

kckolbe

Or, a segment called "The KWHY Squeeze-In" for quick updates to ongoing stories.

Intro Thread

Kerri

"Kwhy Quickies, brought to you every five on the five. Where you see just how wet things are going to get."

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Kimera

Well the camera girl I had in mind would be one follwoing a reporter around :)

Kunoichi

Sounds like she'd make a good team with my blatant exhibitionist roaming reporter. ;D

Blinkin

I'm wary of anyone playing 3 characters at the moment. I'm fine with 1, but 3 at this point may be a bit much and may take time from other players. If that makes any sense.

The camera-girl can certainly be one of the roaming teams. :)

As for the puns and lines, feel free to keep them cumming, I may use them as part of the news cast for the attraction value of the fairly perverted Mr. Bobbs. lol

My original thought was K why news, the slickest news team in the nation. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Kimera

Quote from: Kunoichi on January 16, 2014, 01:22:08 PM
Sounds like she'd make a good team with my blatant exhibitionist roaming reporter. ;D

Eager to show her from all the great camera angles  :P

kckolbe

I don't know how fun it would be for the exhibitionist and pervy camerawoman to work together, since it would just get blatantly sexual too quickly.

Intro Thread

Kunoichi

I'll save the identical triplets for later, then.

It could be interesting if the camera-woman's thing is having her chosen subjects not be aware that she's filming them, since then the focus would be on not getting caught.  That could make things more fun and less outright sexual.

Kerri

Should we be preparing character sheets for this, or is it still in just the interest stage?

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Kimera

That could work. People think they are just doing an audio interview with the reporter, unaware they are also getting caught on camera.

Blinkin

still just an interest thread. I'll put up a character sheet when it goes to active recruiting
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

chaoslord29

Would like to post interest for this thread, since it seems so entertainingly off the wall and lighthearted.

To that end, I'd like to play a sort of suave, professional, "straight-man", amongst the other oddballs at the station, either as co-anchor or roaming reporter. Courteous, confident, the picture of journalistic integrity, who is always sabotaged by either his own unwillingness to take credit, or else by everyone else's inexplicable refusal to take him seriously. Sort of like if everyone treated James Bond like Squidward Tentacles.

Or like Clark Kent if instead of taking off his shirt and becoming Superman, he never takes off his shirt. Ever. See that's his dirty secret: A gnawing, all-consuming clothes fetish. He's absolutely paralyzed of the idea that anyone will see him in anything less than business casual and he's never truly comfortable unless he's wearing a three piece suit. Of course, part of the character is that no-one ever appreciates what he's wearing (as much as he might appreciate, or even find himself compelled to most unprofessional actions by what they're wearing).

Sound like he could fit in, or do I need to separate those concepts a little bit more?
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari
My ideas and O/Os:Darker Tastes and Tales

Kerri

Quote from: chaoslord29 on January 16, 2014, 05:36:19 PM
Would like to post interest for this thread, since it seems so entertainingly off the wall and lighthearted.

To that end, I'd like to play a sort of suave, professional, "straight-man", amongst the other oddballs at the station, either as co-anchor or roaming reporter. Courteous, confident, the picture of journalistic integrity, who is always sabotaged by either his own unwillingness to take credit, or else by everyone else's inexplicable refusal to take him seriously. Sort of like if everyone treated James Bond like Squidward Tentacles.

Or like Clark Kent if instead of taking off his shirt and becoming Superman, he never takes off his shirt. Ever. See that's his dirty secret: A gnawing, all-consuming clothes fetish. He's absolutely paralyzed of the idea that anyone will see him in anything less than business casual and he's never truly comfortable unless he's wearing a three piece suit. Of course, part of the character is that no-one ever appreciates what he's wearing (as much as he might appreciate, or even find himself compelled to most unprofessional actions by what they're wearing).

Sound like he could fit in, or do I need to separate those concepts a little bit more?

Although I plan on my character always being a bit off for fashion sense. I can see your character and her having issues. She will most generally show up in front of the camera in clothing more fit for the club than for her job, but I can see her telling your character how she saw the suit he was wearing in a cheap clothing store down the road, or perhaps even telling him every minute detail of how she thinks it's wrong. (She'll probably do it to most characters, but yours I can see definitely having issues with her forwardness.)

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

chaoslord29

Quote from: Kerri on January 16, 2014, 05:44:32 PM
Although I plan on my character always being a bit off for fashion sense. I can see your character and her having issues. She will most generally show up in front of the camera in clothing more fit for the club than for her job, but I can see her telling your character how she saw the suit he was wearing in a cheap clothing store down the road, or perhaps even telling him every minute detail of how she thinks it's wrong. (She'll probably do it to most characters, but yours I can see definitely having issues with her forwardness.)
That should make for a great dynamic between them, as he's bound to look like he's just walked off a GQ Cover Shoot, but be too humble (and just a little insecure) to talk back. He's much more likely to quibble over some element of his costume, and then rush off to wardrobe. That and if she's dressing for the club, while he might level barbed comments about appropriate attire and what Tim Gunn would say, so long as she's pulling it off, he's every bit as likely to be sweating, pulling at his tie and staring at all the right places.

Oh, rumor at the station is that he's totally gay, no matter how many women he actually sleeps with.
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari

Blinkin

So... you're volumteering to be Frank Burns to everyone else's Hawkeye and Trapper John? (No, I never liked BJ as a prankster).   For those way, way, way too young, I'm speaking of M.A.S.H's archetypical straightman.

Where I can certainly see the "He's so gay!" mistake, I mean, a three piece suit, perfect hair, two eyebrows, flawless ksin... Gay, Gay. Gay! (Metrogirl by Janet Evanovich) I'm not sure that just being a clothes horse, I have to ask...

Why would he work for peanuts at a position that he's obviously over-qualified for?

and...

How is he going to feel when the security guard wants to do a strip search? ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

chaoslord29

Quote from: Blinkin on January 16, 2014, 06:07:32 PM
So... you're volumteering to be Frank Burns to everyone else's Hawkeye and Trapper John? (No, I never liked BJ as a prankster).   For those way, way, way too young, I'm speaking of M.A.S.H's archetypical straightman.

Where I can certainly see the "He's so gay!" mistake, I mean, a three piece suit, perfect hair, two eyebrows, flawless ksin... Gay, Gay. Gay! (Metrogirl by Janet Evanovich) I'm not sure that just being a clothes horse, I have to ask...

Why would he work for peanuts at a position that he's obviously over-qualified for?

and...

How is he going to feel when the security guard wants to do a strip search? ;)
Essentially, yes, although I had to dig deep for the M.A.S.H. reference.

As for why he winds up working here, it's because like I said, no one at any other station will take him seriously; they either figure (correctly) he's got some weird secret, or else presume he's playing some sort of prank or weird game. To his mind, he's just paying his dues like everyone else, starting at the bottom, and working his way up.

Speaking of which, if the security chief wants to strip search him, you can be he's the only guy in the building who actually knows which made up rule or regulation to cite within the ridiculously overly comprehensive security guard's handbook in order to get out of it, because of his clothes-obsession, and because he's just that good.

Basically, while he never does anything half-way and only thinks the best of others, he can never really get ahead because he's surrounded by self-obsessed or neurotic goof-balls who either don't know or don't care how good he is.
My Guiding Light-

Blinkin

Or continually makes him look bad because he's surrounded by goof-balls... I actually like the character idea, just wanted to know why he would work for the almost minimum wage pay scale... well, not exactly minimum, it's the sub-par for the low end of the salary scale, but it's not horrible money... Just humid summers with blood sucking anmals with wings that carry off small dogs, winters that you tunnel though and have to be careful to pee indoors if you don't want it breaking off and a really short spring/fall. lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

chaoslord29

Quote from: Blinkin on January 16, 2014, 06:22:08 PM
Or continually makes him look bad because he's surrounded by goof-balls... I actually like the character idea, just wanted to know why he would work for the almost minimum wage pay scale... well, not exactly minimum, it's the sub-par for the low end of the salary scale, but it's not horrible money... Just humid summers with blood sucking anmals with wings that carry off small dogs, winters that you tunnel though and have to be careful to pee indoors if you don't want it breaking off and a really short spring/fall. lol
Hmmm . . . to that end, I think I'll add in that he has some kind of family money, it's just that he doesn't act in any way 'wealthy' because that's not how he was raised. Gives us a potential hilarious moment or even a whole subplot of people trying to figure out why he works their if he's loaded (they could conclude it's all a sham or try to trick him out of his money, classic goof-ball sitcom stuff).

Oh, and he never complains about the weather. It's like he walks around in his own personal bubble of balmy 73 degrees. The only thing that makes him flush or shiver is having to take off his sports coat, and the only thing that makes him sweat and blush is a woman dressed to the nines.
My Guiding Light-

Chrystal

Blinks, you got me hooked.

What role do you most need filled? I'll try and come up with something...

*hugs* Really great idea.

Oh, how about a court reporter...

Looking something like this...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

chaoslord29

Quote from: Chrystal on January 17, 2014, 12:20:15 PM
Blinks, you got me hooked.

What role do you most need filled? I'll try and come up with something...

*hugs* Really great idea.

Oh, how about a court reporter...

Looking something like this...
An irreverent, non-conforming, anti-establishment, chain-smoking punk with a press badge? Certainly seems to fit the theme . . . If I'm not presuming too much.
My Guiding Light-

Blinkin

Hi Chrys! Welcome and I'm glad that I could peak your interest. I see lots of serious stories and lots of sex stories, but haven't really seen anything intentionally light and humorous, so here I am filling the nitche.

We have an anchor who is also doing the political side of stories, but I don't see court/crime reporting being the same thing. I would like to see more behind the camera characters, but they are more as an option for characters to interact with than really nessessary roles. Camera-people and sound techs are easy enough to NPC.

What we have as interest at this point is:

Marja JoHannsen (Director, KWHY Morning News) (Blinkin
Anchor/political commentator (Robelwell202)
co-anchor (chaoslord29)
Sports Reporter (Eiselmann)
Traffic (kckolb)
Meterologist (Kerri)
Roaming Reporter (
Roaming Camera-person (Kimra)e
Roaming Reporter #2 (Irishfire87
Make-up (Yugishogun)
Security Guard (Thrasius)

At this point, I might as well sit down and start coming up with a character sheet and see what we get.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Chrystal

Quote from: chaoslord29 on January 17, 2014, 01:07:13 PM
An irreverent, non-conforming, anti-establishment, chain-smoking punk with a press badge? Certainly seems to fit the theme . . . If I'm not presuming too much.

Yup, that's basically it....

Her reports from the courthouse would mostly consist of stuff like "Today in court a dangerous criminal pres- pr- They did someything criminally dangerous for the first time, by attempting to silence the power of the press..." When they throw her out. Of course she knows better than to get charged with contempt, or more accurately, she knows that the best way to get out of a contempt charge is to apologise to the judge and leave the court room, but she always reports it as though she's been thrown out.

Quote from: Blinkin on January 17, 2014, 01:15:48 PM
Hi Chrys! Welcome and I'm glad that I could peak your interest. I see lots of serious stories and lots of sex stories, but haven't really seen anything intentionally light and humorous, so here I am filling the nitche.

I do light and humorous occasionally...  *winks*

QuoteWe have an anchor who is also doing the political side of stories, but I don't see court/crime reporting being the same thing. I would like to see more behind the camera characters, but they are more as an option for characters to interact with than really nessessary roles. Camera-people and sound techs are easy enough to NPC.

I totally forgot, and I apologise. The image I posted is of a rather butch punk girl covered in tattoos and piercings (well not so many piercings, but that's because it's a sample picture) smoking a cigarette.

Basically see above, my reply to Chaoslord!

I would be quite happy to create a character who sits in the control box and pushes the buttons on the control panel to switch from camera to camera and bring the live feeds in, and who is a totally dyslexic klutz. She could also be the station's electrician if you want...?

QuoteWhat we have as interest at this point is:

Marja JoHannsen (Director, KWHY Morning News) (Blinkin
Anchor/political commentator (Robelwell202)
co-anchor (chaoslord29)
Sports Reporter (Eiselmann)
Traffic (kckolb)
Meterologist (Kerri)
Roaming Reporter (
Roaming Camera-person (Kimra)e
Roaming Reporter #2 (Irishfire87
Make-up (Yugishogun)
Security Guard (Thrasius)

At this point, I might as well sit down and start coming up with a character sheet and see what we get.

That's a good idea.

Actually I think I like the technician character better because she's always going to be in play... Could I create two characters? Have the court reporter as an extra one?

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Blinkin

Hmmm... I've already told one person that I didn't want multiple characters at this point when he suggested triplets as interns...

But the court reporter is sooooo interesting. *sobs*

Ok, I'll change my ruling slightly. IF a player wants to create two characters who do two different things... as an example, someone in front of the camera and someone behind it, I'll allow two characters. If you're creative, you can still come up with other segments or reports to do.

Chrys, don't suppose you might help me out with character bio's? Heard from Amazon lately?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Blinkin

Ok, here's a fairly basic character bio. The more that you give, the more that I can do to... I mean with the character. ;)

Played By:
Name:
Sexual Orientation:
Position Applying For:
Personality:
Physical Description:
Image:
History:
Quirk(s):
Character On’s/Off’s:
Players On’s/Off’s:
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

kckolbe

Blinkin, since traffic is a pretty minor role, he could always have a secondary duty.  Just throwing that out there.

Intro Thread

Yukina

Played By: Yugishogun
Name: Susan Sycamore
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Position Applying For: Make-up Department
Personality: Susan is quite weird. Due to her past accident, her mind has been very scrambled. She tends to be very whimsical and energetic. Susan loves to explore and try new things, leading to her weird style choices.
Physical Description: Susan is five foot three and bares a skinny body. She is average in the bust department, though her rear is very nice.
Image:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
History: Susan was born to a set of rich and conservative parents. The wealthy girl followed their ways for the first eighteen years of her life. A certain tennis accident, however, changed her completely. A stray tennis ball hit her hard in the frontal lobe scrambled her old snooty personality into that of a carefree, kind, and accepting girl. Her parents, not wanting to deal with "such an eyesore", sent off with couple thousand dollars and disowned her. Wanting to help others look good and feel good about themselves, she eventually decided to become a make-up artist. Having no training, she got a job at KWHY news.
Quirk(s): Susan is borderline crazy and chooses weird style choices when she works on the staff.
Character On’s/Off’s: She's willing to try almost any thing/Same as player offs
Players On’s/Off’s: Mostly anything/Anal, mutilation, gore, snuff 

Kerri

I'll try to get a character sheet up by later today or tomorrow.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Blinkin

Quote from: kckolbe on January 17, 2014, 02:58:46 PM
Blinkin, since traffic is a pretty minor role, he could always have a secondary duty.  Just throwing that out there.

The actual news broadcast is probably going to be a secondary point to the characters activities while not on the air, so to speak. But, if you want him to pick up another job, toss it out. and we'll see how it works. The morning traffic guy on my own local news does a weekly community interest story, the evening traffic guy is on about 2 minutes and that's pretty much his day. So, it's up to you what you do.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Chrystal

Quote from: Blinkin on January 17, 2014, 01:55:59 PM
Hmmm... I've already told one person that I didn't want multiple characters at this point when he suggested triplets as interns...

But the court reporter is sooooo interesting. *sobs*

Ok, I'll change my ruling slightly. IF a player wants to create two characters who do two different things... as an example, someone in front of the camera and someone behind it, I'll allow two characters. If you're creative, you can still come up with other segments or reports to do.

A technical engineer who is also the court reporter just wouldn't work, sadly. I think that is a wise ruling, oh wise one. No, seriously, allowing people to have more than one character in a group game means that if one character gets bogged down or sidelined for whatever reason, the player can still participate with the other character.

I agree, however, that allowing a player to have two or more (virtually) identical characters is not a good idea. So, one character in front of the camera and one behind, and you don't pair your own characers up, because that's plain dumb, in my humble opinion!

QuoteChrys, don't suppose you might help me out with character bio's? Heard from Amazon lately?

Be happy to. In what way would you like me to help?

Yes I have, we're just starting a one-shot. I will kick her transvestite dominatrix backside and get her to create that character for our three-way... You have to be patient with her, my friend.

My character sheets will be up tomorrow, i think...

Kerri

I was wanting to know if it would be okay if we gave our characters two names? One for on screen and one for off.  My character definitely wants a screen name, Stormy Weathers.... I did say she would be a bit ditzy, right? ;)

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Kerri

Played By: Kerri
Name: Angela Rodriguez, aka Stormy Weathers (on screen)
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Position Applying For: Meteorologist
Personality: Angela is a ditzy girl. She likes to party, go to clubs, and she likes being the center of attention. She thinks her fashion sense is the best, others tend to believe it's a bit on the trashy side. She uses her nightclub attire for work. Her thinking on the matter, if it gets her attention in the club, then it must be fine. She is generally a sweet girl, or at least her intentions are good. She doesn't think twice before giving anyone and everyone unwanted advice about their style.
Image:
Physical Description: Angela is latina, standing 5'6" when not in her heels, although you very rarely will find her without them. She has dark brown hair and eyes, some would describe them as being more black than they are brown. Her long hair easily reaches her waist line when straightened, although depending on the day depends on the style. Not overly thin, she has what is typical of a lot of hispanic women, slightly thicker hips and thighs and a slightly larger than average bust, she is physically fit though, and it's noticeable in the clothing she chooses.
History: Angela grew up the only child of an upper middle class family. She was the apple of her mother and fathers' eyes and she could truly do no wrong. She was spoiled and very rarely told no. Her parents happily paid her way through college and encouraged her even though she had barely passing grades, the night life was much more interesting than school ever could be. She has always dreamed of being in front of the cameras though. Her dreams typically pushing her towards modeling just weren't ever to pan out though, while attending college she was scammed by various shady characters promising her an elite modeling career. Her parents consistently bailed her out of any issues that arose though. Finally after one more quick attempt scheme caught her in its trap, they sat Angela down and told her that they would be having no more of it, that the next financial issue she had she would be taking care of herself. It didn't stop her from dreaming but it did control her urges for a sudden induction into the world of fame and fortune.
Quirk(s): Angela thinks her fashion sense is the "only" fashion sense. She loves talking about clothing, and tends to only wear clothing that is more appropriate for a night club. She will gladly tell anyone her opinion of what is right or wrong about their appearance. She considers all of her advice helpful even when it's a bit on the brutal side. She will blatantly talk about prices of clothing, especially if she has seen it on sale somewhere. Lots of times she might be wrong, especially with men's wear, but no one will convince her of that. If she says she saw your suit on sale at the Suit Emporium there is nothing you can see or do that will make her believe otherwise, even showing her the receipt of said purchase won't convince her that it wasn't the suit she saw there.
She is slightly ditzy, not to be confused with dumb, but her interests are very light in nature, the most recent celeb relationships, the what's hot and what's not section of the most popular mags, which actress was seen in what designer. She really has no interest in scholarly things, and has the tendency to try to turn any conversation into one about her fashion sense.
She is a sweet girl, who really means the best, but doesn't always go about saying or doing things the right way to get her thoughts across.
Character On’s/Off’s:
Players On’s/Off’s: My o/o's

More Images

Feel free to let me know if this character sheet is okay, if anything needs changed I'll be happy to do so. I went ahead and included her "on screen" name if that's not okay, I'll gladly delete it.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Blinkin

The characters look good so far. The stage name is unusual, but I won't say no to it... it's nearing on copyrights with Stormy Clearweather (The Reba Show), but since she seems something like that ditzy blonde anyway... whynot. lol

I would tend to agree that involving two characters that a single player is running sort of defeats the purpose, but I was thinking of the fact that sometimes a single character may get bogged down and a second may be useful in that regard. I expect both characters to be active. The decision to keep them in seperate parts of the game (behind the camera and in front of it) is to give more diversity in the game and it makes sure that there'll be a range of characters. The technician and the court reporter is an excellent example. The technician is active in one way, the reporter in another so it should give both characters different dynamics among the others.

Chrys, no worries, I was just curious if I had driven off yet another partner. ;) I've been waiting patiently and thought I would ask. I should of written a PM though.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Kerri

Quote from: Blinkin on January 18, 2014, 12:37:17 AM
The characters look good so far. The stage name is unusual, but I won't say no to it... it's nearing on copyrights with Stormy Clearweather (The Reba Show), but since she seems something like that ditzy blonde anyway... whynot. lol

This is where my lack of knowledge about tv and movies usually gets me in trouble. It just seemed like a artsy touch that my character would absolutely love, thinking that it made her clever. If you're not 100% with the idea though, I'll gladly take it out, it was just a quirk.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Blinkin

Nah, it's cool. I said if you want to do it, go for it.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Kerri

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Thrasius

I'm gonna go ahead and drop out. Don't want to be in over my head, especially during the first week of school. Have fun and good luck! :)

Blinkin

Thanks for letting us know. Probably better to do so before things get going. Good luck with school
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Robelwell202

After some strong consideration, I don't know if I could do this game justice.  I shall be bowing out, and I do thank everyone for their consideration.

Best regards, R
Mal:  "Define 'interesting'."
Wash:  "Oh God, Oh God, we're all going to die?"

O/O
A/A
Ideas

Angel Fire

Sorry to see you go, Robelwell.  Maybe that might open up a spot for me?

I know that I can't play both an anchor and political commentator but... what if the main anchor is a woman?  I am thinking that maybe my anchor could be very serious but has a male anchor that acts sort of like Ron Burgandy from the Anchorman series.  She could be appalled at what the co-anchor says but due to her professionalism, she has to roll with the punches.

I am thinking that on camera and on the job, my anchor is as professional as they come... but off camera, she has a slight wild side that may prevent her from accepting any job in a major city.

What would y'all think about that?
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

kckolbe

I'm not sure if this was intended, Angle Fire, but maybe a news anchor or co anchor that is occasionally the subject of news herself?

Intro Thread

Angel Fire

*Giggles* Thank you for calling me by a geometry name (happens all of the time with tipos Lol)... but that could be a wonderful idea... especially if her sexuality is an issue or she witnesses a crime by being at the right place at the wrong time?
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.

kckolbe

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/fire-breathing-angle.jpg

Is this not your avi?  Sorry, kinda careless today.

I was thinking of her being like a Lohan or Bynes, always in trouble of really minor things (I say really minor because since she isn't as famous, her crimes would be smaller, maybe public indecency kinda things)

Intro Thread

Angel Fire

*Giggles with the pic*  Very nice!

The off camera things would certainly fit with the Lohan and Bynes angle.  Maybe my girl has a drinking problem and when she has too much after a newscast... bad things happen.  I could see her as a flirt when she is drinking... to both men AND women.  Maybe she gets caught partying at a a small boat in one of the lakes?

I could see my girl denying everything when she is sober during the newscast.  Gods, this could be a riot to play out!

kckolbe

Very welcome.  But yeah, I like the idea a lot.  Looking forward to seeing her.

Intro Thread

Angel Fire

Sweet!  i'll work on her in my morning.  Hope that yu will like her.  Just one last question.

Shall I keep with the age of the Lohan and Bynes angle and have her be mid to late 20's?

kckolbe

That seems a good age from what I've seen of other characters.

Intro Thread

Angel Fire

Sweet!  I'll get everything together in the morning... when I am less tipsy *Winks*

Edit: Or maybe I will tonight!  Love to see what your straight laced character would be like when you can! *Smiles*

kckolbe

Well, since you asked nicely...

Played By: kckolbe
Name: Richard Messner
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Hetero
Position Applying For: Traffic reporting
Personality: Very uncomfortable in groups or in the spotlight, yet fascinated with the idea of being on TV.  Even though part of him knows he should do something more suited to him, like research, he buys into the idea of following his dreams, even though doing so makes him incredibly uncomfortable.  When not a nervous wreck from work, he is always on the look out for new ways to relieve stress or at least distract him.  He's affable, though awkward sometimes and often ends up a fifth wheel.
Physical Description: He is tall, which is good for news, with a slender frame, clearly having been more of a bookish type through school.  He burns most of his calories through nervous energy.  He has a kind face, and generally appears younger than he is.
Image:
History: There is very little to Richard's past.  He excelled in journalism in high school, having been a chief editor for the school paper.  He got accepted to college on a journalism scholarship, and did well there as well, again working mainly with periodicals.  Even once he started broadcasting classes he seemed on track to succeed since upperclassmen did the broadcasts.  It wasn't until his senior year that the anxiety set in.  It hadn't even been his first mock broadcast, but for some reason one of his mock broadcasts triggered a wave of nervousness, which caused him to stutter, which made him more nervous, which caused more stutters and pauses, which...yeah.  Still, he passed the class, scoring well enough, and has been doing small jobs in the media since, mainly researching topics.
Quirk(s): Has a bit of a stutter and general nervousness when on the spot. 
Character On’s/Off’s: He is not as dominant, possibly not at all.  He loves close contact.  His offs are as mine.
Players On’s/Off’s: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=39307.0

Intro Thread

Blinkin

Well, as the creator of the concept, I might like to have some comment here.

Something of note is that we already have someone talking about an anchor character who's straight laced and professional looking. his issues don't have anything to do with being on aire, but is off-stage and internal, I really don't want two of them. The idea was that characters would have something that made them undesirable for TV. A drinking issue isn't going to be enough.

A couple of examples of characters offered so far are

An english sports reporter who only wants to report on english sports as they are the only real sports
A weather woman who keeps slipping into comments about who's hot, what's not and so on
A roaming reporter who is an exhibionist and another who gets diverted in her reports by mundane things going on such as, being at a big fire and getting side-tracked by kids playing dodgebal, or a couple of crows in the trees.
And, a court reporter who's anti-establishment and keeps getting tossed out of the court room.

I think that a character is going to have to have something a little more obvious.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

kckolbe

Blinkin, you forget "Traffic reporter with anxiety issues."  ~shakes head~

Intro Thread

Blinkin

Ah, I apologize. Didn't mean to forget the camera shy traffic reporter.

Yes, we also have a traffic guy who's camera shy. He may even go so far as to wear a paper bag over his head to help his shiness. ;) We'll call him The Unknown Traffic Guy. ;)

Or, someoen will just have to crawl up under the camera and pinch him hard to et him to start talking... even if most of it is "Bleeeeeeeeepppppppp!"

All of this is assuming, of course, if they put in a character bio.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

kckolbe

The bio was the post directly above yours, which is why I gave you shit for it.  He's not that bad, by the way.

Intro Thread

Blinkin

My apologies again, once in a while, a post gets dropped in just as I hit the reply and I miss it.

I was teasing a bit about the character, As someone with a pronounced stutter, I sympathize with him and is the only reason why I didn't go into the field myself. I've been told many times that the three careers that I should of chosen from were law, improvisional comedy and radio. Law because of my mindset and analtical personality, comedy because if you give me anything at all, I can keep you laughing for a solid hour and radio because I have a great speaking voice... when I'm not stuttering, which rules out the last two.

Oddly, I do not stutter when I do accents. I do a very good irish, russian and the romantics in general, but for the impatient, I drive them nuts trying to speak.

Why am I sharing? I have no earthly idea.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

kckolbe

Well, Blinkin, the stutter problem is more common than you think among entertainers.  I used to do stand up and spend a lot of time learning about it.  Almost all comics have some form of performance issue (innuendo not intended).  Rowan Atkinson has a significant stutter, which is why he is known for accentuating certain sounds.  Samuel L Jackson also has a stutter, and saying "motherfucker" not only works, since that word doesn't have any "problem sounds" but also centers him.

Also, a lot of comics (and I was in this category) develop a second persona to deal with anxiety.

Intro Thread

Angel Fire

Quote from: Blinkin on January 19, 2014, 04:35:13 AM
Well, as the creator of the concept, I might like to have some comment here.

Something of note is that we already have someone talking about an anchor character who's straight laced and professional looking. his issues don't have anything to do with being on aire, but is off-stage and internal, I really don't want two of them. The idea was that characters would have something that made them undesirable for TV. A drinking issue isn't going to be enough.

A couple of examples of characters offered so far are

An english sports reporter who only wants to report on english sports as they are the only real sports
A weather woman who keeps slipping into comments about who's hot, what's not and so on
A roaming reporter who is an exhibionist and another who gets diverted in her reports by mundane things going on such as, being at a big fire and getting side-tracked by kids playing dodgebal, or a couple of crows in the trees.
And, a court reporter who's anti-establishment and keeps getting tossed out of the court room.

I think that a character is going to have to have something a little more obvious.

Alrighty.  Back to the drawing board then.  Guess that I have to find something crazier about her.

The only thing that I can really think of right now is... maybe a dyslexic graphics girl who scrambles the words in the graphics during the newscast?

kckolbe

I may have misinterpreted Angel, but I think he was okay with the character, just not as an "in front of the camera" type.  Basically, if the anchor and co-anchor are both professional, then their broadcast scenes are boring.

By the way, here's a new list of proposed chars:

eiselmann: Sports reporter, but only reports proper sports
Kerri: Ditsy meteorologist
Yugishogun: Clothing and makeup
Kunoichi: Roaming reporter/exhibitionist
Irishfire87: ADD reporter
kckolbe: Traffic reporter who is nervous broadcasting
Kunoichi: Intern
Kimera: Camera girl, bit of a perv
chaoslord: Straight man anchor
Chrystal: Court reporter
AngEL Fire: Pending

Intro Thread

Angel Fire

Exactly... which is why I have to go back to the drawing board and find some other crazy thing for my girl.  The exhibitionist angle is already taken so... have to find something else.

Angel Fire

How about a news anchor with multiple personalities?  One personality could be very straight laced, another can go off in a rampage and another could be a sexual pervert.  It would be sweet if the personalities switch right in the middle of the newscast... without the main straight laced personality having any knowledge of what the other personalities are doing.

eiselmann

Sorry all been unwell for a few days ...dam you pizza from an Indian restaurant I'll never go to again. anyway loads of catch up posting to do will get a character sheet done shortly for my guy
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

Chrystal

Played By: Chrystal
Name: Agnes Day (A name she has never forgiven her Catholic parents for giving her
Sex: female
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Position Applying For: Court reporter
Personality: Aggie is a total non-conformist rebel. She hates the establishment, she considers authority figures to be conspiring against her, personally. She is brash, foul mouthed and outspoken. However, she is also quite bright. Certainly bright enough to know that you don't sass the judge in a trial more than once without getting charged with contempt.
Physical Description: Aggie is 5' 2 tall, with dark straight hair that hangs in a lank looking bob cut, - really more off a mess than a style, but she keeps it that way deliberately. Her lips are usually glossed a bright cherry red, she wears dark eye shadow making her look like she has panda eyes from lack of sleep while keeping her face pale. She has two rings in her lower lip, a clitoral stimulator in her tongue, and several piercings in each ear. On her left shoulder she has a tattoo of a skull and crossbones against a black back ground. On the skulls head is a pink ribbon tied in a bow. Framing the tattoo in Gothic script are the words "Fuck Off". On her right upper arm from elbow to shoulder is a line-art tattoo of a Chinese dragon.
Image:
History: Aggie was born to strict catholic parents, and basically her entire life so far has been a never ending attempt to piss them off. She declared herself to be a lesbian before she even knew what one was. The fact that she actually found she preferred women to men was really just coincidence. The tattoos, the punk clothing and styling, the piercings, all were simply to get back at her parents for calling her "Lamb of God" in Latin. The fact that her mother and father had not even realised what they's named their daughter until i was too late was, in Aggie's view, just another reason to punish them for it! However, she is extremely smart, and actually graduated high school and gained a place at law school - her stated intention being to destroy the system from within. She was, inevitably, thrown out for openly smoking pot in the dorms and selling it to other students. However, she gained a good grounding in her first and only year and thus knows her way around a court room.
Quirk(s): She rides a lime green Kawasaki Ninja 600, without a helmet. She chain smokes and has multiple tattoos and facial piercings
Character On’s/Off’s: Pretty much the same as player O/Os
Players On’s/Off’s: Follow the link

eiselmann

Played By:  Eiselmann
Name:  Alexander Parkinson
Sex:  Male
Sexual Orientation:  Straight
Position Applying For: Sports Reporter
Personality:  Quite determined, when he wants something he can be quite fixated until he gets his way. Regards himself as a board minded individual but in reality he's quite closed minded. He sees his role in life is to educate American's about the big wide world or at least his view of it.
Physical Description:  Standing at a perfectly respectable 6 ft slim, normally dresses in smart causal  or sports tops , will if need be wear a suit but not for just any reason...maybe if her Majesty was about. Has a tattoo on his right chest that says 'Barmy Army' on his left chest is a small 'cross of St George'

Image: in there somewhere

History: A product of the English Public School system(private prep schools) he disappointed his parents by embracing sports over academia, as a compromised he took up employment with the BBC , lasting almost a month before they suggested he might be better suited for alternative employment.

Something to do with the drunk American wife of a senior executive at a corporate party and her husbands lack of a sense of humour, not helped by the unfortunate lady's urging for Alex to carry on fucking her, even after her husband and various other guests interrupted them

Suffice it to say his father was deeply embarrassed and decided it was best if his boy depart the shores for a short period, after a year of travelling around the world following various British sports teams and with the scandal still rocking society Alex was sent to America in the hopes that a bit more time would allow a return to proper English Society.

It was while travelling he found out about the job on offer. He doesn't need the money but does want some independent funds hence employment and while in America he has discovered to his horror that a good number of them have this fixation with their four major sports, a fixation Alex is determined to cure.

(His opinion of American sport...baseball-dear Lord its rounders and is the most boring sport on the planet.
Ice Hockey: complete mystery points seem to be given for outbreaks of violence.
Basketball : not a bad sport but then the whole world plays the game but only Americans call their national winners world champions..
.American Football, Oh dear God don't let me get started.....its a three hour infomercial broken up by occasional outbreaks of activity by chaps in armour ...and don't get me really started on anyone who claims its a tough sport.)

Quirk(s): Can't abide American sports when forced to do a local sports story will run something extremely local.   
Character On’s/Off’s: On's  ladies of course , ones that like a bit of the old English domination, nothing like a good wench you see...doesn't have to be a single lady by the way , quite happy to partake if she's married.....maybe some uniforms...nurse, maid, even teacher...some good totties amongst the teaching class.....off's on quite simple chaps on chaps, chaps dressing as women and body functions.

Special note : he's intrigued by Lesbians , finds them at the same time to be a complete waste of good totty as well as being rather fun to watch, at least on film he'd imagined not being able to join in would be a tad disconcerting when hormones are in full swing.

Players On’s/Off’s:  On's multiple females to one guy off: male on male crossdressing toilet work anything else is either an on or a possible

My ons and offs link

eiselmann

is my bio okay ?he does have some rather odd views of the world, sports and ...ah...lesbians , if anyone really feels offended let me know I'm happy to adjust anything except the sports bit (assuming Blinkin approved the CS)

My ons and offs link

Blinkin

What would trigger the personality shifts? Considering how rare true multiple personalities are, the trigger would have to be something either really common, or exceptionally rare if it's going t occur at all.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Angel Fire

Those triggers I am still thinking about.

Maybe as a last resort, I might go with someone with Tourette's syndrome... that causes her to shout out off the wall words during the middle of the broadcasts?

I am running out of ideas here... if this last one doesn't work... than I may have to bow out.

Chrystal

Quote from: eiselmann on January 19, 2014, 06:13:17 PM
is my bio okay ?he does have some rather odd views of the world, sports and ...ah...lesbians , if anyone really feels offended let me know I'm happy to adjust anything except the sports bit (assuming Blinkin approved the CS)

I have no problem with him no liking lesbians, as long as you have no problem with my character(s) not liking sports reporters, and the possibility of the technician "accidentally" cutting to him while he's doing something really embarrassing...!

BTW that second character will be up tomorrow, with luck.

Blinkin

The character bios submitted so far is fine. As Chrystal has pointed out, and others earlier, there may be character friction, but that's part of the process of playing characters.

Angelfire, I don't have a problem with the concept of multiple personalities. I just don't want it happening so infrequently that it becomes a champions or Gurps style disadvantage that's only there for the points and never comes into actual play. What I mean is that it might be months before anything happens, then it is never reflected on the broadcast, so it's a problem that is avoided. On the other hand, if it's too frequent, it'll just confuse everyone.

As a compromise, we come up with a trigger that is somewhat reasonable in timing and that the personality switches are random (Rolling a 1D3 on the dicebot) when the trigger event happens. This might, therefore happen at any time, on the air, the middle of a convrsation, while trying to get more airtime from Marja... so on.

Did that make any sense?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Chrystal

Played By: Chrystal
Name: Jane Sedgley
Sex: female
Sexual Orientation: Virgin, but thinks she might be gay.
Position Applying For: Studio technician
Personality: Jane is a mousey character, with very little personality when you first meet her. She is a total geek, and gets on much better with machines than people. She is shy, and has a great deal of difficulty in social situations. She runs a mile when approached by men, and has been known to use her pepper spray without any more provocation than the offer of a drink. she is much more comfortable around members of her own gender, finds them attractive and even exciting, but is much too shy to ever make any advances.There is a good chance she may have Asperger's Syndrome, but she's never been diagnosed. Unfortunately she is also totally dyslexic, to the extent where even single digit numbers often have no meaning to her when she is staring at them. Although intelligent and highly numerate, when asked to push a button labelled "1", if there are four buttons labelled "1". "2", "3" and "4", she has a 25% chance of getting it right!
Physical Description: Jane is pretty, with a round face and a prominent, rounded chin. Her eyes are a piercing bright blue. She wears large thick rimmed glasses to correct her astigmatism. Her hair is long, straight and chestnut coloured, and often worn up in a loose bun. She has a small mole on her right cheek. Her lips are full, but she tends to wear make-up that subdues their effect. She sands at 5'6" tall.
Image:
History: Jane grew up in a middle class household. her father was an electrician, her mother did the books for him. Jane was always a bit of a tomboy and learned from an early age how to handle a soldering iron and a pair of pliers. At college she studied Electronic Engineering. She actually managed to graduate without burning the place down or blowing anything up, which was something of a miracle considering her inability to tell right from left half the time. When she concentrates and has the time to think about what she is doing, she is fine, but if she is rushed or distracted, random things can occur! She has had a number of jobs in various technical roles, one for a small recording studio that went bust, one working for an electrical wholesalers that went bust, and a third working for a wannabe rock band as a roadie. The band never made it.
Quirk(s): Jane is easily distracted, and when distracted or rushed, is apt to do random things, like push the wrong button, or squirt pepper spray at someone. (Just two examples).
Character On’s/Off’s: Hates sudden noises, being distracted, being rushed, anyone who's pushy. Likes girls, electrical gadgets, being allowed to work things out in her own time.
Players On’s/Off’s: Click me!

Angel Fire

Quote from: Blinkin on January 20, 2014, 05:34:39 AM

Angelfire, I don't have a problem with the concept of multiple personalities. I just don't want it happening so infrequently that it becomes a champions or Gurps style disadvantage that's only there for the points and never comes into actual play. What I mean is that it might be months before anything happens, then it is never reflected on the broadcast, so it's a problem that is avoided. On the other hand, if it's too frequent, it'll just confuse everyone.

As a compromise, we come up with a trigger that is somewhat reasonable in timing and that the personality switches are random (Rolling a 1D3 on the dicebot) when the trigger event happens. This might, therefore happen at any time, on the air, the middle of a convrsation, while trying to get more airtime from Marja... so on.

Did that make any sense?

That should work for me... and it does make sense.  It may be a day or two to figure out all of the personalities.

eiselmann

Quote from: Chrystal on January 19, 2014, 07:18:36 PM
I have no problem with him no liking lesbians, as long as you have no problem with my character(s) not liking sports reporters, and the possibility of the technician "accidentally" cutting to him while he's doing something really embarrassing...!

BTW that second character will be up tomorrow, with luck.

he likes them, finds them fascinating infact, its just they aren't doing what they are supposed to do, he loves watching lesbian porn just thinks it would be a bit difficult to watch a 'live show' when his urge to join in would be overwhelming...thing is as a character he's going to voice that point of view when the opportunity arises. ...as in 'oh you're a lesbian ..pity that's a waste of woman'...funnily enough his attitude to gay men is a little more progressive but still self centred as in, ' good on them, leaves more beautiful totty for the rest of us'

My ons and offs link

Blinkin

Or, maybe they just don't like englishmen because they always have a stiff... errr... nevermind. ;)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Chrystal

*Giggles* OOh I can relate totally  to his attitude. I find watching lesbian porn to be a turn on too, and I would have difficulty watching a live show without wanting to join in. My attitude is, however, that a straight woman is "a waste of woman"...  I do agree with his assessment of gay men...

*snigger*

The thing that would get certainly Aggie's back up, and possibly Jane's too in a much less vociferous way, would be if he voiced the opinion expressed in my latest one-shot request... (shameless plug).

Blinkin

I know I'm wierd, but seeing two women together just doesn't do anything for me... well, it does, but that's a purely physical reaction... I'm talking mentally, but that's not exactly true either as I do admire the female form as a work of devine art, but not in a physical way... oh hell, digging that grave deeper, huh? ;)

I've actually been invited to watch some once close lesbian friends, but I didn't think that I had the self control to sit there. I am merely a man afterall.

As to the whole homosexual thing, none of it bothers me, if they are happy and enjoying life, more power to them! Life's too short to let it slip by.

Now, Marja... she'll jump almost anything if it means that she gets a climax out of it and it relieves the stress and anxiety this bunch is going to give her... lol
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

kckolbe

Fuck it, I'll join in the lesbian hijack discussion.  It does nothing for me unless I am not only involved, but appreciated.  The idea of two women "putting on a show for me" doesn't do anything for me.  The idea of two women enjoying themselves and each other and comfortable with my presence, maybe even involving me in light affection in the process...hot as hell.

Intro Thread

eiselmann

My own opinion is pretty much the same as kckolbe's , I definitely have an each to their own attitude when it comes to homosexuals , however my character is a different kettle of fish, he's going to be fun the play.

My ons and offs link

Blinkin

So, who are we waiting on? We still have an anchor out and traffic?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

kckolbe

Traffic is accounted for, unless I've been moved somewhere else.

Intro Thread

Kerri

Just an idea, if we don't have a co-anchor, maybe one of us could do our job and co-anchor. I wouldn't be opposed to being meteorologist/co-anchor. (same character though, I don't want to run two)

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Kerri

Sorry didn't mean to step on any toes, it was just a suggestion.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

kckolbe

Nothing stepped on, just throwing it out as a reminder since it was a while ago.

Intro Thread

Kerri

Okay, I would much rather keep my weather girl being just that, the weather girl. I just wanted to give the option if it was needed.

A/a’s updated 10/2/16

Blinkin

I apologize for the delay in this, but at long last, here are the first two of three groups.

KWHY TV News Out Of Character Chat

and

KWHY TV News Character Profiles

Enjoy and we'll go with what we have.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Chrystal

Who hasn't posted their characer profile to the character's thread yet?

Player NameCharacer NameJobPosted to thread
YugishogunSusan SycamoreMake-up Department Yes
ChrystalAgnes DayCourt Reporer Yes
ChrystalJane SedgleyStudio Technician Yes
kckobeRichard MessnerTraffic reportingYes
KerriAngela RodriguezMeteorologistYes
BlinkinMarja JoHannsenDirectorNo
EiselmannAlexander ParkinsonSports reporterNo

What happened to the anchor and co-anchor?

Also we've got no camera men/women and no outside broadcast crews at all except Aggie.

Kimera

Hey all. I lost track of this one, but I would still be interested in making that camera girl if you still are in need of film crew

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Blinkin

Why do I feel like someone keeps trying to hijack my story? ;)

Yes, we need all kinds of tech support like camera men/women and so on. We also seem to of lost the two anchors who had initially stated their desire to play... so, those slots, as well as anything that can reasonably be included in a news team. As we have lost the straight man, that is an option for one character.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

kckolbe

Well, if you are comfortable getting rid of traffic, Angel Fire could bring her "troubled anchor" concept back and my char could be co-anchor.

Intro Thread

Blinkin

Angelfire was one of the anchors I was waiting on. You can play whatever you want to play. Hell, do both if you like, traffic is a 2 minute segment in a 60 minute show... although it appears about 4 times in the hour.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Chrystal

On the local news shows in the UK, the anchor reads the traffic bulletins. I see no reason why the co-anchor shouldn't read them? Promote Mr Messner to Co-Anchor - in fact you could do it "on the fly", in the initial meeting have him say he's the traffic reporter, and have Marja tell him, "No you aren't. Our replacement co-anchor never showed up, so that's you!"

Or... if you want an eye in the sky, I have a character who's a helicopter pilot.... But I think there are far too many lesbian characters as it is. We need some male characters and some straight women, if you ask me, just to balance things out!

Blinkin

As I said, the character can have both jobs if he wants them... and we'll make him the interviewer too. ;)

I would agree that we are woman, and lesban heavy, so if we can get more male or straight women (Even bi-sexual), it would balance things out.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Chrystal

Have you PMed the other players to ask if they are still interested?

Kimera

I suppose I could make the camera person into a guy, or at least a girl that's straight

Blinkin

Not yet, I wanted to give them a few days to pop up, but I'll PM them this evening.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Blinkin

Well, Angel fire has lost interest, but we should see our anchor in a couple of days. We're still searching for the people behind the camera, preferably males to help balance out the two lonely men we have... and straight ladies, of course.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Chrystal

The heading seems to have changed okay, Blinks. If this is what you were trying o change it to...

"Join the KWHY News Team Today! (Still Recruiting for staff positions)"

Blinkin

Yeah, I tried again last night and it finally took. It took 3 tries though. But, it worked in the end. :)
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.