Here Ye! Here Ye!

Started by MagicalPen, May 25, 2007, 10:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

Giving this another shot. Originally this game was run on RPOL with success. It is now being hosted on GothicFires board (solely to avoid the thread limit here) and is by no means an attempt to steal people from E. There are actually a few people already over there from E who still play here. So first, the game description:

Background to the Game
Ribenheim, named after its founding City, has grown to be the largest of the Human Kingdoms.  From the Cold Mountains in the North to the Dividing Hills in the South, from the Great Sea in the West to the Forest of Silvandore in the East, it is easily the size of three lesser Kingdoms combined. Beyond the Cold Mountains, no one knows what or who lives in the harsh, frigid climate. To the south, the Lesser Kingdoms constantly squabble and fight amongst themselves and are never powerful enough to challenge the Kingdom of Ribenheim. But to the East is a different story.

The Forest of Silvandore is a extremely large Forest, covering much of the Eastern region, about 2/3rds the size of Ribenheim. No man dares set goot in the Forest, or the Plains or Hills it encircles, as to do so would mean certain death. The Wood Elves guard their territory fiercely and have been battling the Humans of Ribenheim for over 50 years of constant warfare. Many have suffered and died on both sides, with only small gains made by the Humans.

Recently, King Baldimere Stoutmire, a grizled war veteran and King of Ribenheim, has managed to Sue for Peace in an attempt to end the hostility that preceded even his birth. The War with the Elves ended about a month ago, but the Peace is very fragile. There are many Humans who would kill an Elf on sight, making the coming Midsummer Festival all the more important - an Elven Contingent is traveling to the Capital City of Ribenheim in the attempt to help broker a greater peace between the two countries.

But there are those who would rather see Chaos reign free, bringing death and destruction to all. They plot to permanently shatter the peace between Elf and Man in order to pave the way for their Master and his Hordes to come swarming over the land.

The Temple of the Sun is one of the largest Temples in the City of Ribenheim. It is a relatively new religion to the Kingdom, its origins unknown, but is increasingly popular with the towns folk. Rumors abound about what happens inside its walls and some even say that those girls who go missing are kidnapped by the minions of the High Priest. Anyone who tries to discover the truth usually ends up missing themself, or are found floating on their bellies in the Bay.

In the Palace, preparations are beginning to be made in preparation for the arrival of the Elves and the Midsummer Festival. The Prince is still unmarried though he takes advantage of his position to sleep with whom he wants. Nobles constantly vie for the Kings favor, especially with lush lands still to be dealt out to promising Lords near the Elven Border to the East. Not to mention the prospect of marrying a daughter off to the Prince.

The Kingdom flourishes with the end of the War, the Docks district constantly busy with new shipments coming in from all over the Kingdom by boat, either down the Kings River or from the sea. The Slavers from the Deep South constantly bring exotic people and creatures from territories untraveled by people from Ribenheim, Ribbens as they are called, always fetching a fair price at the auction block.

All is not as it seems, however. Troubling reports and rumors trickle in from the North about an Evil that  operates at Night. Patrols on the Great Watch go out but never come back in. Villages found completely empty, devoid of any sign of life other then crows pecking at rotting food. Anything associated with the King, whether his troops or messengers, are constantly going missing. What will the King decide to do? Risk a war against a mysterious foe, asking for a war-weary nation to send its sons back to war?

All is not good and the Midsummer Festival will prove a welcome break from the politics of daily life.

Characters Wanted - Just about anyone and everything!
Those with Main Plot after them mean they will be heavily involved in the game, their actions having outward widespread effects. Dedicate players only can fill these positions.
Those without Main Plot are secondary to the Main Plot, but will be active in it and create their own sub-plots to the Main Plot. I am still very open about what happens in this game and there is always the potential for a 'lesser' character to become involved in the Main Plot and effect its outcome.
The more people that join, the more characters there are and chances for having some really interesting sub plots.
Sub plots do not have to be related to the Main Plot in anyway.

The Queen (Main Plot)
The Prince (Main Plot)
Nobles/Wives/Daughters
Servants
Priestess (Main Plot)
Shopkeerps
Guards/Captain of the Guards
Adventuruers (Quest to the North)
Princess from the South (semi-Main Plot)
Elven Princess (Main Plot)
Elven Guard/Contingent (Main Plot)
Street Urchins/Thugs/Gangs/Thieves

I will also be looking for a Co-GM/Moderator if the game does indeed draw a large crowd.

All you need to do is go here: http://inthedark.gothicfires.net/index.php
Join up for free, then scroll down to OUBILETTE, the mother board of the game.
Also, respond here or PM me if interested.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Mika

This sounds pretty darn kewl. How many of those roles have been filled?
I signed up for the other one but that place is really confusing! Maybe you can give me a walk through sometime...Please?
A bisexual female RPer looking for a good time and lots of new experience in everything and is open to just about any situation. Just ask. ;)

Am I still an angel if my horns hold up my halo?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4375.

CirclMastr

I'm fairly certain I signed up for this once before as the Prince, and then nothing ever came of it.
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

MagicalPen

If it was on RPOL then there are several reasons for it. One could have been that i was playing more main-NPCs then there were main-PCs.

I've created the threads on GothicFires board already and have a handful of people over there interested. A Priestess and Princess have been claimed, and a thief is in the works, while the others are still thinking about it.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Elvi

Isn't this the Add you had already placed for it Silvi?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9308.0

If it is then I was up for the Queen, however I won't be wanting to play 'offsite'
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

MagicalPen

Yep, same game but that one fell throug as not enough players showed interest in it. Based on the nature of the game, the thread restriction here would make it far too complicated to keep track of, which is why i decided to move it elsewhere. Which is why it worked so well on RPOL.

I tried to find a free adult forum (that i could create/use) but that got a little complicated and all messed up for some reason, so gothic said she could host it on hers. No restrictions as far as threads so its going to work out well there.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Elvi

Well I hope you manage to get enough players then.....*smiles*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

MagicalPen

Yeah. Got two who PM'd me and two more who also posted just on that board. Aslo going to post on pbem2.com and rpol to see if i can draw in a few other people.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

GothicFires

I just want to make a small note here for anyone who might want to play but has a feeling that I've tried to pull this game away from Elliquiy. Silvestine and i have a history from Rpol long before Elliquiy; ranging from Co-gming to playing in each others games. He was having difficulty with the method he had selected to hold his game in another forum so I offered the idea of my site to make things easier for him as a friend.

I had also put a link from my board to Elliquiy in the welcome message the day I set the board up and I have had a link to Elliquiy on my myspace page from the day I put that up and it is still there. I have not had a chance to promote it yet nor will I make a big deal out of it on Elliquiy. But it is my hope that when I get my plans to promote my board moving that it will benefit this site as well. 
looking for new games
discord: Agara#3507

Mika

*puts up a cute banner with anime characters and hello kitty that says If you join this game I will kiss you and be your sexy neko girl and do whatever you want for a week no restrictions since I want to play this new game.*
A bisexual female RPer looking for a good time and lots of new experience in everything and is open to just about any situation. Just ask. ;)

MagicalPen

:)

Just a bump to see if anyone else is interested. And also strike out those characters which have been taken.
Also have Noble or two in the works, which provides some intriguing plot twists that will happen. All other characters are more then welcome to join! Send me a PM here if you have any questions. Posting starts today!

The Queen (Main Plot)
The Prince (Main Plot)

Nobles/Wives/Daughters
Servants
Priestess (Main Plot)
Shopkeerps

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

Well, looks like we need a Priestess for this one! And many other characters for those interested in the game.  Hosted on another forum (based on thread limit) but dont let that put you off! This will be a great game!

The Queen (Main Plot)
The Prince (Main Plot)

Nobles/Wives/Daughters
Servants
Priestess (Main Plot)
Shopkeerps

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Stevej101

Quote from: Mika on May 28, 2007, 06:49:26 PM
*puts up a cute banner with anime characters and hello kitty that says If you join this game I will kiss you and be your sexy neko girl and do whatever you want for a week no restrictions since I want to play this new game.*

what an offer, I might even be tempted if I thought it were true  :)
"But I like it in the gutter, its dark and warm and I meet all sorts of interesting people."

Ons and Offs

GothicFires

:) you should be tempted even if it were not true. Silvestine has a strong drive to do this game and the characters so far are giving room for lots of social intrigue. The more characters there are to make a mess of things... the more fun it will be  :D

Here is an updated list of characters that would fit into the game. However we are in a big need for the priestess. Don't let the entry intimidate you. Its just there to ensure that the players who sign up care about their writing... which I am sure all here do :)

In The Dark

Current Lineup:

• Anika - Queen of Ribenheim
  • Baldimere Stoutmire - King of Ribenheim
  • Balthasar - High Priest of the Temple of the Sun
  • Tristan - Prince of Ribenheim
  • Freya - Queen's lady-in-waiting & best friend
  • Lisianthus Solvanna Ansruathean - Elven Princess
  • Taurnil SilimaurĂ« - the Elven Princess' Head Guard

Openings Available:

• Priestess of the Temple of the Sun - needs to have the following qualities

• submissive to her God &  High Priest
    • Intellect
    • Beauty
    • Skills in deceit & seduction
    • A willingness to accomplish her master's goals by any means necessary
  • Nobility

• Lords
    • Ladies
    • Sons
    • Daughters
  • Adventurers (sorry no magic users, only limited faith healing if GM allows)

• Fighters
    • Rogues / Theives
    • Clerics (fighting priests)
  • Common Folk

• Guards - King's man-at-arms position open
    • servents - either of the castle or established noble
    • shop keepers / merchants
    • Street Urchins/Thugs/Gangs/Thieves
    • Slave Traders
    • slaves
    • Soldier
    • Priests/Priestess  - either for the Temple of the Sun or another God... there are many Gods
  • Foreigners

• Elven Delegation
    • Elven Guard
    • Princess from the kingdom to the south - the idea is to cause complications in the arranged marriage of the prince (shhh... this is a spoiler... he doesn't know about it yet)

If you have an idea that is not here, please run it past Silvestine
Players may have more than one character.
looking for new games

Astalinnon

There have to be a few more people who want to join in, there is still room.. just to recap:

Current Lineup:

* Anika - Queen of Ribenheim
    * Baldimere Stoutmire - King of Ribenheim
    * Balthasar - High Priest of the Temple of the Sun
    * Tristan - Prince of Ribenheim
    * Freya - Queen's lady-in-waiting & best friend
    * Lisianthus Solvanna Ansruathean - Elven Princess
    * Taurnil SilimaurĂ« - the Elven Princess' Head Guard
    * Jacob Darkbane - Captain of the Guard, Ribenheim

Openings Available:

* Priestess of the Temple of the Sun - needs to have the following qualities
          o submissive to her God &  High Priest
          o Intellect
          o Beauty
          o Skills in deceit & seduction
          o A willingness to accomplish her master's goals by any means necessary
    * Nobility
          o Lords
          o Ladies
          o Sons
          o Daughters
    * Adventurers (sorry no magic users, only limited faith healing if GM allows)
          o Fighters
          o Rogues / Theives
          o Clerics (fighting priests)
    * Common Folk
          o Guards
          o servents - either of the castle or established noble
          o shop keepers / merchants
          o Street Urchins/Thugs/Gangs/Thieves
          o Slave Traders
          o slaves
          o Soldier
          o Priests/Priestess  - either for the Temple of the Sun or another God... there are many Gods
    * Foreigners
          o Elven Delegation
          o Elven Guard
          o Princess from the kingdom to the south - the idea is to cause complications in the arranged marriage of the prince (shhh... this is a spoiler... he doesn't know about it yet)

Mika

Quote from: Stevej101 on June 13, 2007, 02:02:21 PM
what an offer, I might even be tempted if I thought it were true  :)

Oh hunny it is true......you have no idea what I could do to you *blush*

Sarat

well, I kmnow this may sound kinda dumb, but, I wanna play. A Merchant. Just that. I dunno what KIND of merchant, but, A Merchant. Working to build my fortune....you know....kinda odd, but. There has to be Merchants.

GothicFires

It doesn't sound dumb at all. you have to sign up at this site to play
In The Dark
looking for new games

Sarat

MagicalPen

Just an update from me, the main GM...

This game is really going to start to pick up in about a week, once i'm all settled in from my move etc.
In the meantime, i'll be developing ideas and plots for the various characters (including one for the Merchant) that will make the game entertaining for everyone! So dont be afraid to hop on over to the other board, sign up for free, and check things out! The more the merrier!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Sarat

I'm working on sending you my sheet now...

MagicalPen

Heres what we've got so far:

Current Lineup:

* Anika - Queen of Ribenheim
    * Baldimere Stoutmire - King of Ribenheim
    * Balthasar - High Priest of the Temple of the Sun
    * Tristan - Prince of Ribenheim
    * Freya - Queen's lady-in-waiting & best friend
    * Lisianthus Solvanna Ansruathean - Elven Princess
    * Taurnil SilimaurĂ« - the Elven Princess' Head Guard
    * Aernal Linarinen - Elven Scout/Ranger
    * Jacob Darkbane - Captain of the Guard, Ribenheim
    * Vester Dalrue - Merchant, Ex-Thief

Characters Needed:

-Nobles (Lords/Ladies/Daughters): With a handful of Nobles, court intrigue can begin in earnest. Several sides to play from; Pro-Crown, Anti-Crown, Pro-Elves, Anti-Elves. Secret agendas, parties, masquerades, intrigue and politics.

-Priestess:(Females Only) We're still looking for a Priestess of the Temple of the Sun. She is a devoted servant to Balthasar (who likes to sexually use and abuse her, but she loves it) while also being an Assasin/Spy in disguise amongst the Nobles of the Court. PM me for more information regarding her.

-Adventuers: Rumors in the North need to be sorted from Fact and Fiction, but anything to do with the King has gone missing. Its now up to a select few adventurers to figure out what is going on, though it could mean life or death - for the Kingdom.

-Slaves: Every nobles loves a slave. Who doesnt? (Masters/Mistress = Nobles)

-And many more postions! Check previous posts or send me an idea!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

We've got our first true Noble! I late 20's-something, only heir to his families fortune! Ladies, might you be interested in courting his attention?

Not to mention, countless other positions are open to! Slaves/Masters, Soldiers, Adventurers, Nobles, etc!

We're also in desperate need of a Priestess, some one who likes to be used and abused, while also being a seductress and spy.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

Greetings, Citizens and Foreigners alike. I am King Baldimere Stoutmire, ruler of the Greatest Kingdom this World has ever seen! I have battled the hated Elves countless times with Great success but i am not only a soldiering man. I see wisdom in peace, and when peace is more useful then war. The War with the Elves has come to an end due in a large part to my efforts. It was not benefitting either...peoples, and a stalemate was letting the bloodforce of this world bleed out. It was in my best interest, in my peoples best interest, in my Kingdoms best interest, for this War to end. And, let me tell you, didnt i make such an agreement with the Elven Queen to end it? Oh yes! But i will not ruin any surprises right now. To find that out, you must attend the Midsummers Festival!

The Midsummers Festival? Of course, you are cordially invited to attend! There will be a festival in the Great City of Ribenheim, the likes of which have never been experianced before! There is much to celebrate of course! What else could be better then the end of conflict, the promise of peace, and commercial prosperity? Set aside your quarrels and join in the fun!

I would be a lier if i said i was completely happy, though. I will not bore you with my whorish ways and family issues. My mind is drawn to the North, where rumors are trickling in about a Darkness that is spreading. War-hardened soldiers on patrol have gone missing, with out a trace. Elven trickery? Some of my so-called Nobles would have me believe so, but only they could hope to profit from another war. No, i think it is something else, something that only the Archives knows the truth behind. A legend passed down from generation to generation in my family. But i pray it is not so. But how will i find out? I offer you Noble Adventurers Gold from my own coffers if you journey to the North and discover what lies behind this rumors.

Ah! That is all the time i can spare this day. Matters of the Court can only be left unattended for so long. And is that the dinner bell i hear ringing? There is surely not enough time in each day for a King to run his Kingdom! Out! Get out of here and about your business! I have things to attend to!

--

Another plug, i know, but we're always looking for more characters! Especially a Priestess, Nobles, and Adventurers!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

MagicalPen

Recently added 4 new players to the game but are always looking for more!

Nobles (Female and Male) Slaves (Female and Male) and a Lady-in-Waiting to the Elf Princess (aka another Elf).

Or, like a few players have, if you have some other sort of character that you'd like to play, drop me a line!

Current Caste:

The King, Baldimere Stoutmire
Queen Anika
High Priest Balthasar
Lady-in-Waiting to the Queen, Freya
Prince of Ribenheim, Tristan
Princess Lisianthus of the Elves
Captain Taurnil of the Elves
Captain of the Guards, Jacob Darkbane, of Ribenheim
Count Naythin, Two Faced
Merchant Vester Delrue
Court Jester Seth Lemus
Chamber Maid Lenora Lemus
Princess Leona of Zartha
Lady in Waiting to Leona, Aurena
The Priestess
A Thief
A Nomad Mercenary

Some Peaks into what is going on:

An Elf is about to be kidnapped while journeying alone.
The Elven Princess is distraught about having to marry a person she has never met, let alone a Human.
The King and the Prince have gotten into an argument: will the Prince carry out his fathers will?
The Court Jester has recently discovered that his wife is cheating on him with a Noble in secret.
The Zarthans have been spotted and confronted by a Patrol of Ribenheim Riders. A mysterious man seems to be following the Zarthans but no one has noticed him yet. What cards does he bring to the game?
The Queen recently visited the High Priest and invited him to the Festivities scheduled for that night. Will he join her?
Spies are infiltrating the Court.

Plenty more is running afoot in Ribenheim. Are you willing to join in the madness that will soon descend upon the city?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry